Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Friend said I'm a bad Swiftie.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Of all days, TODAY my friend said I'm not as big a fan as I think I am. She compared me to a girl who I will call Suzie. Suzie's family has a lot of money as well as connections so she has TONS of merch, like over 100 things, she's seen Taylor live 7 times, and she's met Taylor 4 times. But she doesn't admire Taylor. She said "Yeah, her music's cool, and she's pretty, but you would have to be crazy to, like, admire her." And that is how my friend describes a Swiftie. She said, "You don't have a lot of Taylor stuff, you've only seen her once, and you've never met her. Just cause you look up to her doesn't make you a Swiftie." But I thought it did! I got mad and she was all like "What? Just telling the truth!" But I don't know what to say. I thought maybe you guys could help...?

~~~

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Friend said I'm a bad Swiftie.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM

A Swifty is to admire Taylor for what she has done, love her music, and even if you can't, Swifties always dream of meeting Taylor. It's not about the money you have, it's the devotion you have in her. Being Swifty means to be Fearless Forever & Always, Speak Now and be Enchanted by her music, Never Grow Up, once a Swifty always a Swifty. Remember Taylor All Too Well and never forget the essence of your spark.

Shoppe

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Taylor has enough rich friends... she needs swifties that love her and support her in what she does!!
    You are the kind of swiftie Taylor needs and wants!!

Maybe vote for Taylor, that's what really counts ~~> http://taylorswift.com/vote

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM

tell her "Actually, I think that's the most important part of becoming a swiftie. To admire her. Not to call her pretty or say her music's cool or have a lot of money so you get to see her in cocnert and have merch. Say what you want to me, but i know that I'm a good swiftie because I admire her and that's all that matters"

Honestly! Do you think that everyone here has even a little bit of merch? We have one thing in common tho, we ADMIRE her!!

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I have NEVER been to a concert and have little merch but I classify myself as a swiftie!!!

Made by TwinkleSwift!! Request from her! She is amazing!

made by Dream Impossible Things 13!

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM

^ SAME!!

Love Love Love,
    - Luka

RE: Friend said I'm a bad Swiftie.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM

You may not have lots of Taylor of stuff and you may of seen her once but that doesn't make you bad Switie. A Switie is someone who loves Taylor, looks up to her as a role model, listens to her music and admires her. Nothing makes you bad Switie, no Swiftie is a bad Swiftie. Remeber the reasons why you love Taylor and they are the reasons you are a Swiftie. Stay Fearless and Speak Now :)

I think you're not a bad Swiftie (You're a great Swiftie!), you admire her and you are deadicated and there is nothing wrong with that. :)

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM

i have never seen here her own concert- but it doesnt make you a bad swiftie if you dont have any merch or have seen her live :) all that matters is you love her :) she deserves more fans like you:)
    credit to supermanflyaway

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM

i have never met taylor swift and i have tiny merches but i love taylor for what she is not for what she looks like i admire her very mcuh and i love all her songs so im a good/great swiftie just like u

habsa loves taylor

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM

A swiftie doesn't even have to own one of her CD's to be a swiftie, it's about whether your there to support her, and be like a best friend to her, you dont need tons of merchendise and to meet her, be proud for who you are:)
    IncREDibly RED-dy for October 22nd:)

Made by: InMyBestRedDress

come on baby with me were gonna fly away, from here; RIP Ronan

Swiftie's are admirers NOT people who have all of her merchandise. Trust me You are A OK!!!
    Redtaylorswift13timmcgraw

that is not true at all! a good swiftie is a swiftie who admires taylor and looks up to her and her music! I have never met taylor, or seen her live, but I really love her and so do you!
    love, audrey rose!

swiftyfearless13 made this lovely graphic!

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I am not a swiftie, I am a taylorite. one of those who were die hard core country fans when taylor came into country music and won us over as fans. How much merch you have or how many times you have seen or met taylor is NOT what makes a good fan. In particular a taylor swift fan. taylor is not about physical possessions, look at how sparcely she decorates her homes. What make s agood fan is know the artis and their music. Understanding what they are saying and finding what the artist and their music means to you.

people who brag about the number of concerts or how many times they met someone, or even how much stuff they bought are not TRUE DEEP CORE FANS! Not all of us have very much cash or are not well off. In fact most of us have to give up stuff in order to get a new CD! I am going to tell you what I have told so many on here. Be true to yourself, be who you are. If someone else has a problem with that then it is their problem let them deal with it!

This april is the first time I will be near taylor since she first hit the scene. My brother and I are excited about it, but we to had to make some sacrifices to have the money and be able to get the tickets. So enjoy what you do have and dream about what you don't! If you are a true taylor swift fan then you understand this. If you do not understand this then you really neeed to look into ther mirror and have a real look at you who are, you m,ight not like what you see.

If tanyone gets you down like this again feel free to hit me up. May the "swift": be with you.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Thank you so much for your support everyone.

~~~

RE: Friend said I'm a bad Swiftie.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM

TOTALLY untrue.

credits to Love_Story13

I am wonderstruck.
    I am enchanted.
    I will speak now.
    I AM FEARLESS.

PLEASE ADD ME I ACCEPT ALL REQUESTS!

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM

"Just cause you look up to her doesn't make you a Swiftie." I think that's exactly what makes you a Swiftie. There are a lot of people who like Taylor's songs but this doesn't make anyone a fan. Swifties admire her, support her and Taylor means them more than "just a pretty girl who writes cool songs". Believe me, you are a perfect Swiftie. :)

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM

what makes a football fan a fan? how many games they've been too? how many footballs they have? how many jerseys they have? no. football fans are fans because they love or admire the game. Going to see games and buying football paraphernalia is just something football fans do because they like football. it's the same with swifties. we are swifties because we love or admire Taylor. the merch and stuff is all cause and effect. we love taylor (cause) and so we show our love by buying T-shirts and stuff and going to see her (effect.)

by RedVelvet13
    If 9th grade was a movie, it would be over by now...

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I don't think she knows what a Swiftie is. Suzie might be a Swiftie, I'm not to judge that but you are too. You love and support Taylor and her music. It's not something that needs to be bought.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I can't believe she said that and it is unbelievable that "suzie" has met Taylor 4 times! That is a life dream for me. I think you are a good swiftie if you admire her or even just listen to her songs.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I'm really sorry! Friends aren't supposed to be like that, so obviously she isn't a very good one. Just Do your thing and ignore her. Or you could tell her off. But probably just ignore her and go on with your normal Taylor loving life! You truly do love Taylor Swift and if she doesn't see it.... well.... there's is something seriously wrong with her. ;) Good luck!!!!

Visit my Songbook and Threads
    ~"My songs aren't meant for girls to rip pages out of their diaries."~

~Nat~

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Seriously, what? I own next to no merchandise of Miss Swifts, and I have never seen her live (though I REALLY want to)...being a Swifty is not about how much crap you own, it's about how much you admire and support Miss Swift. The kind of person who just says "Meh, I kinda like her music," is not a Swifty. Simple. :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.