1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

PEOPLE SAYING HURTFUL THINGS?

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I hate when people misunderstand you...or all you ever are is nice to them and then they're so mean to you...but mostly I hate how people talk behind your backs...I thought I was okay with 2 of my friends and then i heard them talking behind my back! They were talking about how I was "weird" and they wouldn't be "friends with me" if I hadn't been so "nice" to them,..what's that supposed to mean anyway? I feel so hurt and betrayed, I confronted them about this today and they flat out denied it but I HEARD THEM :( :( I feel like crying but I just feel empty and hurt...I don't think I'll ever find true friends...

Also I can't be myself around my friends...so I have to be someone different...and I know that people say it's better to be by yourself than in bad company....but I really don't want to be alone :( but at the same time I can't be myself I feel this pressure to act how they want me to act ....this is so long, I'm so sorry, thank you so much for reading it though! Xx

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: PEOPLE SAYING HURTFUL THINGS?

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

The Buddha once said :

If a man find a prudent companion who walks with him, is wise, and lives soberly, he may walk with him, overcoming all dangers, happy, but considerate.

If a man find no prudent companion who walks with him, is wise, and lives soberly, let him walk alone, like a king who has left his conquered country behind, like an elephant in the forest.

It is better to live alone, there is no companionship with a fool; let a man walk alone, let him commit no sin, with few wishes, like an elephant in the forest.

( Dhammapada 328, 329, 330 )

It's true that, better to be alone than make a friendship with insincere and evil friend. :)

But if you don't want to be alone, than you can always look for a new friends.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM

They sound like awful friends! I'd definitely rather be alone than around people like that. *Big hug* are there any clubs you can join at school? I had friends similar to that and it became clear to me that I was just there to boost their ego - they didn't really like me, but they liked me hanging onto their every word. So I joined a bunch of clubs so I was busy every lunchtime and I found new friends to hang around with who liked me for being me.

It's not a fun time but you'll get through this. And if you have a bad day us Swifties are here to listen to your venting :)

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Always be yourself no matter what! I know how you feel :(, I was in the popular group, but I had to be different around them and I didn't like it, so I decided to be myself and i'm so glad I did :)! And if they're gonna be like that, forget about them! I'm sure loads of people want to be your friend :)!
    tumblr_mdu77ley6N1rhblpwo1_500[1]

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Clueless wrote:
    They sound like awful friends! I'd definitely rather be alone than around people like that. *Big hug* are there any clubs you can join at school? I had friends similar to that and it became clear to me that I was just there to boost their ego - they didn't really like me, but they liked me hanging onto their every word. So I joined a bunch of clubs so I was busy every lunchtime and I found new friends to hang around with who liked me for being me.

It's not a fun time but you'll get through this. And if you have a bad day us Swifties are here to listen to your venting :)

Aww thank you for your advice :) xox I can totally relate to you when you say they didn't really like you but they liked you hanging onto their every word,,.thats how I feel about this situation too!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Kerta wrote:
    The Buddha once said :

If a man find a prudent companion who walks with him, is wise, and lives soberly, he may walk with him, overcoming all dangers, happy, but considerate.

If a man find no prudent companion who walks with him, is wise, and lives soberly, let him walk alone, like a king who has left his conquered country behind, like an elephant in the forest.

It is better to live alone, there is no companionship with a fool; let a man walk alone, let him commit no sin,
    with few wishes, like an elephant in the forest

( Dhammapada 328, 329, 330 )

It's true that, better to be alone than make a friendship with insincere and evil friend. :)

But if you don't want to be alone, than you can always look for a new friends.

Thank you! That's a wonderful quote! :) I love it xo

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Irish_fanxo wrote:
    Always be yourself no matter what! I know how you feel :(, I was in the popular group, but I had to be different around them and I didn't like it, so I decided to be myself and i'm so glad I did :)! And if they're gonna be like that, forget about them! I'm sure loads of people want to be your friend :)!
    tumblr_mdu77ley6N1rhblpwo1_500[1]

Thank you for your advice- its so encouraging :) xo

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I'll be your friend!