Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: sparklexxx's songwriting contest

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

ANYONE?!?!?!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I'll enter as soon as I write a song that fits the theme :) When's the deadline? :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I love how you're using my rules. Mind crediting me?
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:

OMG im sorry i thought i did oops sorry

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

sparklexxx wrote:
    SwiftieKat wrote:

OMG im sorry i thought i did oops sorry

No, it's completely okay! Thank you so much! You're an amazing songwriter!
    -Kat

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Any entries???

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    I'll enter as soon as I write a song that fits the theme :) When's the deadline? :) x

The deadline is when I get at least 4 entries so spread the word please

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Will enter..... like thrusday or sometimes tonight or tomorrow. but prob thurs :)

Visit my Songbook and Threads
    ~"My songs aren't meant for girls to rip pages out of their diaries."~

~Nat~

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Yeah that's all good
    Please spread the word

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I'd love to enter!! This is so bad....probably because I am going to be a freshman next year. Wow. But I tried.

Round One: High School Memories

Title: “High School Love”

[V1]
    When I walked through the halls for the first time
    The thing that I remember, you really caught my eye.
    I fell in love so easily
    When you’re young it’s suddenly.
    You don’t know just how much you meant to me.

Pre-Chorus:
    When I think about you
    I don’t think of sadness.
    I think of your smile
    And that’s something to miss.

Chorus:
    I thought now I was grown up.
    I finally had somebody to love.
    I gave you everything I had
    But it wasn’t enough.
    Nothing ever lasts
    In a high school love.

[V2]
    That’s when I first started writing,
    My pen would glide fast as lightning
    And I came up with words to describe
    Everything I felt when I looked into your eyes.

That sad little line was in a song I gave you.
    And I know you still remember
    Because you had it taped in your bedroom.

First loves, I hope I was yours.
    Even though there’s another girl
    I hope you wonder where I am in this world.

Pre-Chorus:
    When I remember you,
    I don’t remember the last night.
    I think of the fight,
    But that’s not where it ended.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    I think you knew I got a scholarship.
    I hope you knew about it.
    It’s my second year of college
    I wonder if you know which
    University I ran off to.
    And I’m still here.
    I wonder where you are.

Outro:
    I’ve been with this boy on a few dates,
    I barely know him, but he’s really great.
    I can’t forget you, no, I won’t forget you.
    When we had fallen in love
    And you gave me enough.
    But nothing ever lasts
    In a high school love.

-Kat

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    I'd love to enter!! This is so bad....probably because I am going to be a freshman next year. Wow. But I tried.

Round One: High School Memories

Title: “High School Love”

[V1]
    When I walked through the halls for the first time
    The thing that I remember, you really caught my eye.
    I fell in love so easily
    When you’re young it’s suddenly.
    You don’t know just how much you meant to me.

Pre-Chorus:
    When I think about you
    I don’t think of sadness.
    I think of your smile
    And that’s something to miss.

Chorus:
    I finally had somebody to love.
    But it wasn’t enough.
    Nothing ever lasts
    In a high school love.

[V2]
    That’s when I first started writing,
    My pen would glide fast as lightning
    And I came up with words to describe
    Everything I felt when I looked into your eyes.

That sad little line was in a song I gave you.
    And I know you still remember
    Because you had it taped in your bedroom.

First loves, I hope I was yours.
    Even though there’s another girl
    I hope you wonder where I am in this world.

Pre-Chorus:
    When I remember you,
    I don’t remember the last night.
    I think of the fight,
    But that’s not where it ended.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    I think you knew I got a scholarship.
    I hope you knew about it.
    It’s my second year of college
    I wonder if you know which
    University I ran off to.
    And I’m still here.
    I wonder where you are.

Outro:
    I’ve been with this boy on a few dates,
    I barely know him, but he’s really great.
    I can’t forget you, no, I won’t forget you.
    When we had fallen in love
    And you gave me enough.
    But nothing ever lasts
    In a high school love.

-Kat

thats a beautiful song!!!! i love it!!!!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Thank you so much!
    -Kat

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Any more entries??

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

sparklexxx wrote:
    Any more entries??

Ive got a few lines in my head and a title...Seriously - Working on it!!! :P :) x

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    sparklexxx wrote:
    Any more entries??

Ive got a few lines in my head and a title...Seriously - Working on it!!! :P :) x

thats okay i know your working on it =) i mean for people who havnt said they are entering

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I hope that this counts...this is based on what happened to my cousin in high school, is that ok? Just pm me if not:)

This song is kinda like mine...it's about being able to see a life together when you first meet someone, but it's also different. This one is sung by a girl looking back all the good times she had and realizing it was all visible at the very beginning. Kinda hard to explain but anyway yeah....:)

FAIRYTALE WITH YOU
    On a shelf in my bedroom
    Sits a story starring you 
    It's begins on a fall day
    Not long ago but far away

And it ends
    In the future
    Somewhere I'll be with you
    Side by side and hand and hand
    And the story begins again

I'll come home from our very first date 
    Dancing and staying up late
    I'll wear high heels you'll wear a tie
    I don't wanna I don't wanna say goodbye
    Cuz I'm living in a movie 
    A dream come true
    I'm living in a fairytale and boy it's starring you
    You you
    You you you
    A fairytale with you 

Under the bright stars 
    In a parking lot 
    Yeah the dimmed headlights 
    Dash clock reads past midnight

Close my hand in one of yours 
    Stars reflecting in your eyes
    I can see it,
    Oh I can see the future
    With you 

A dream come true
    You you
    You you you
    A fairytale with you 

Do you remember
    That one day
    You came out of practice 
    And I was staying late oh
    I caught your eye
    You said hi 

I lifted up my head 
    And shyly said hello
    You said what's your name, I want to know
    And I can see it
    Oh I can see it
    I can see the future 
    With you 

A dream come true
    You you
    You you you
    A fairytale with you 

On a shelf in my bedroom
    Sits a story starring you 
    It's begins on a fall day
    Not long ago but far away

And I can see it
    And I can see it
    And I can see it
    And I can see the future....
    With you.

If it does count, please pm me when results are up! Thanks!

^dancingaroundallalone

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM

oh my gosh i love that song!! its adorable!!!

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I finished it! Yeah...its depressing :/ Here's my entry anyway :P Hope you like it :) x

Tied Up In Knots

It’s just another ordinary day,
    I’m walking down the hallway,
    I’m all alone again,
    Thanks to them,

I know I’m not anyone special,
    I feel so invisible,
    Why’d they take them away?
    Why didn’t they stay?

Chorus
    I’d prefer to be locked away,
    Hands tied in knots,
    Than be here today,
    I wanna just stay in my bed,
    Stay here and rot,
    Not hear the words said.
    I’m just tied up in knots.

I try to run and hide away from them,
    But it doesn’t work and then,
    They walk all over me,
    Why can’t they see?

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

What did I do to deserve this?
    Oh, how I miss...
    Not being afraid of school,
    Back when they weren’t so cruel,
    Oh, what did I do to deserve this?

Repeat Chorus

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    I finished it! Yeah...its depressing :/ Here's my entry anyway :P Hope you like it :) x

Tied Up In Knots

It’s just another ordinary day,
    I’m walking down the hallway,
    I’m all alone again,
    Thanks to them,

I know I’m not anyone special,
    I feel so invisible,
    Why’d they take them away?
    Why didn’t they stay?

Chorus
    I’d prefer to be locked away,
    Hands tied in knots,
    Than be here today,
    I wanna just stay in my bed,
    Stay here and rot,
    Not hear the words said.
    I’m just tied up in knots.

I try to run and hide away from them,
    But it doesn’t work and then,
    They walk all over me,
    Why can’t they see?

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

What did I do to deserve this?
    Oh, how I miss...
    Not being afraid of school,
    Back when they weren’t so cruel,
    Oh, what did I do to deserve this?

Repeat Chorus

i loved it!!! its soo sad!! but its very relatable to me cause i would get teased in primary school and i would just want to hide away and never come back =( so this is amazing and i loved it!!

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i need at least one more song

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.