1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Feeling horribly embarassed

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Last night, when turning out of the street from my work,I had to make a right turn. A car was coming but I could see from another light across street the light was yellow and about to turn red soon. And I thought I could just turn real quick. I mean this car wasn't slowing down AT ALL.

I tried to make the quickest turn I could make. Which after I did it, I felt incredibly stupid and thought what a stupid mistake!

I know I could have been hit. Somehow...I got lucky. What makes it more embarrassing was that my supervisor had been behind me before I made my turn. So she saw me do this...

I am never doing that again. Thinking I can turn when the light is turned yellow for the other person and trying to turn real quick like that. Dunno how close I was to getting hit.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Feeling horribly embarassed

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM

It is an embarassing situation to be in, to be caught making a bad decision. But feel blessed too - thank the stars that you made this mistake now and that no one was hurt by your mistake. Also thank them for making you wiser, because now you know why it was a bad decision and it will help you to grow into a good driver :)

Everyone makes mistakes, here's a *big hug* from me because right now my nerves are on edge for you! The best thing you can do is move on and learn from it.

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Clueless wrote:
    It is an embarassing situation to be in, to be caught making a bad decision. But feel blessed too - thank the stars that you made this mistake now and that no one was hurt by your mistake. Also thank them for making you wiser, because now you know why it was a bad decision and it will help you to grow into a good driver :)

Everyone makes mistakes, here's a *big hug* from me because right now my nerves are on edge for you! The best thing you can do is move on and learn from it.

It is. I do. Right. I hope it does. I thought to myself afterward, "I shouldn't have done that. I should have waited for the car to go and then turn right."

*Hug* Right. I learned that I'm not going put me or others(the other driver(s)) in that situation again.

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Abbey wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

It is. I do. Right. I hope it does. I thought to myself afterward, "I shouldn't have done that. I should have waited for the car to go and then turn right."

*Hug* Right. I learned that I'm not going put me or others(the other driver(s)) in that situation again.

That's the best way to move forward, there's no point dwelling on the past when you can't change it, especially as the future is still unwritten :)

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM

It's great that no one was hurt! You can just take this as a learning experience. (:

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Clueless wrote:
    Abbey wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

That's the best way to move forward, there's no point dwelling on the past when you can't change it, especially as the future is still unwritten :)

Heh. Very true. I'm going try to not think about it too much. Since the car and myself are fine. And so is the other driver.

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM

MissHappyNarwhal wrote:
    It's great that no one was hurt! You can just take this as a learning experience. (:

Right. Never think you can make the turn real quick when a car isn't slowing down. WAIT for him to go and then make the turn.

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

dont worry, i do embrssing things all the time, but after time you will forget about it and it will get better, to cheer yourself up listern to some taylor she always puts me in a good mood, i find stay, stay, stay is a very cheery song and always makes me smile!!! xx
    from the number 1 selena gomez and taylor swift fan!!! xxxx

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM

no.1sel-tay fanx wrote:
    dont worry, i do embrssing things all the time, but after time you will forget about it and it will get better, to cheer yourself up listern to some taylor she always puts me in a good mood, i find stay, stay, stay is a very cheery song and always makes me smile!!! xx
    from the number 1 selena gomez and taylor swift fan!!! xxxx

How do you handle it? When you do something embarrassing. Yeah, right now I'm still thinking about it a little. I should listen to some Taylor.:D ty.

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

If it makes you feel any better, when I was in college and was really tired one day from having stayed up late studying, I was in a parking lot and put my car in drive when I meant to put it in reverse. I ran it right into a concrete post that was in front of me! Yup, felt horribly embarrassed. I'm not sure who saw me actually do that, but everyone saw the big dent in my front bumper later. I got asked about it a lot!

So, yeah, everyone has those moments. I'm glad that you weren't hurt making your turn, and no one else was, either.
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Illinois Country Fan wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better, when I was in college and was really tired one day from having stayed up late studying, I was in a parking lot and put my car in drive when I meant to put it in reverse. I ran it right into a concrete post that was in front of me! Yup, felt horribly embarrassed. I'm not sure who saw me actually do that, but everyone saw the big dent in my front bumper later. I got asked about it a lot!

So, yeah, everyone has those moments. I'm glad that you weren't hurt making your turn, and no one else was, either.
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Oh wow. When I was learning how to drive, my dad asked me to pull into a parking spot at my work on a Sunday (When no one is there) and instead of hitting the brakes, I hit the gas. So the car went over a little embankment. My dad had to try to get the car back up and out of the embankment. He was like "Did you bring your phone?" Just in case we needed to call a place help us pull the car out of there.

Now I totally regret telling a coworker. Because she has told a few people.

RE: Feeling horribly embarassed

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Wow, that WAS close. You really got lucky. But on the bright side, all turned out well and you learned from your mistake. :) We're human-- it's what we do. :)
    ~Sasha~

*I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now*

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Lynnwarrior101 wrote:
    Wow, that WAS close. You really got lucky. But on the bright side, all turned out well and you learned from your mistake. :) We're human-- it's what we do. :)
    ~Sasha~

*I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now*

Right. It was pretty close. I think I was just lucky I made a quick turn. I definitely learned my lesson. If I'm ever in that kind of situation again, I'm just going let the car go first before making my turn.

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

We all make mistakes. God was watching over you to make sure you didn't get hit. I'm SOOOO happy you didn't get hit.

^Made by Gabbylove13

Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Dream Impossible Things 13 wrote:
    We all make mistakes. God was watching over you to make sure you didn't get hit. I'm SOOOO happy you didn't get hit.

^Made by Gabbylove13

Yeah, he must have been watching over me. Thank goodness. Me too. Thanks.