1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Share stories here!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hey everyone! I know that there are a lot of people on here who write, not songs, but stories. Like fan fiction, random chapters, poems, etc! So I decided to make a thread where everybody can share with each other and get feedback! So please, share your stories! I will add your username in a list down below. ready, set, go.....WRITE!

WRITERS

-me:)

-*Swiftie*13

-futurepianist13

-moonstorm5000

-sparksfly713

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Share stories here!

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Though I'd start off:)

------
    I wrote this for a writing contest. It's based on begin again:)
    -----

I look in the mirror, carefully adjusting my blue dress. My brown hair hangs  in shiny waves and my green eyes sparkle. With a jolt, I realize that Im actually looking forward to this. I haven't felt something like this since....since him.

Him. Gorgeous, kind, sweet, protective, exciting......dangerous.

This thought breaks the dam and I feel myself sliding back into the helpless grief. I quickly take a deep breath and tell myself to calm down. I look back in the mirror. I see a young girl, in a blue dress, excited but with a layer of sadness. 
    Next to my bed sit the black heels that I have chosen for tonight. I reach for them and immediately think of him.

He told me he didn't like girls in high heels. I looked down at the green ones I was wearing and back at him. He returned my look, face devoid of expression. Then he began walking away.
    "wait! " I cry. He sent an obvious glance toward my heels and continued walking. I yanked off my heels and rushed towards him. He looked at my bare feet and smiled, pulling me into his arms.

I pull myself out of the vivid flashback. Maybe he doesn't like high heels. But he isn't here anymore, is he? No.  I reach for the heels and put them on. They make me feel special, someone worthwhile. How did he ever convince me to give up something I liked this much?

Walking downstairs, I take one last look at myself in the hall mirror. The girl I see looking back has less of a hidden sadness among her features now.

Outside, I lock the door, and drive to a spot down the block from the restaurant. I get out and put my headphones in. The song "Enchanted" starts playing. As the first few chords sound, another memory draws me in.

He tore the earbud out and looked at it in disgust.
    " What is this garbage?" he said.
    "its called enchanted." 
    " you have GOT to be kidding me. Another song about fairytale endings? It doesn't happen!" 
    As he deleted the song from my playlist, I let out a small cry. He looked at me and grabbed my hand. I relaxed, and we continued walking.

Now, I pause for a second and then continue listening to the beautiful song.   It really is pretty, with its gentle lyrics. In fact, I think I'll play it again, and again, all the way to the restaurant. On the way, I pass a puddle. My reflection shows someone with even less of the sadness on her face.

At the restaurant, I prepare myself for a long wait. He was always late, never once showing up on time. I walk in....and surprise, surprise....I see Cody already seated! On seeing me, he jumps up and guides me to my chair. He's so nice! I think to myself.

" wow, Lyra, you look great!" he says.
    " thanks" I shyly reply.
    At first, I'm quiet. But soon I ease into our conversation and begin talking more. 
    Over a dessert of chocolate lava cakes we tell stories. He tells one about his dog running into a pole and I tell him about the time when I fell, fully clothed, into a pool. He throws his head back, laughing so hard that I can't help but think of a little kid. I sit there, shocked. I can't believe Cody thinks I'm funny. It's not like HE ever did. 

Wow. I just can't seem to be rid of him tonight. I firmly change my mind to other things and concentrate on Cody. A flicker of movement catches my eye, and I see a shiny spoon on the table, my face mirrored in its silver surface. I glance and it and see barely any of the sadness left.

Later, Cody walks me to my car. Looking at him, I realize I should probably tell him I'm nursing a broken heart and don't think I can make a commitment to him right now. But he looks at me and starts telling me about the  movies that are tradition, in his family, to watch every Christmas. So I close my mouth and focus on him. Cody opens my car door and says goodbye, squeezing my hand.
    "see you. I had fun." he says.
    "Me too," I reply, and I'm surprised to realize I mean it.
    I drive away and wave out my window, watching him in my rearview. My reflection beams back at me. I stare at it. Im actually smiling! I return my gaze to Cody, behind me on the sidewalk. He smiles. And that's when I know, this is different. It's not going to end like HIM. it's a chance, a chance to begin again.

That night, I look in the mirror. My face is different. Not even a shadow of sadness remains. I turn away and turn on some music. Lying on my bed listening to the lyrics, about a boy who changed his mind, I feel a strange feeling in my stomach. It's not unpleasant though. Just unfamiliar.....it's 
    happiness.

------------

Here's another one I wrote for the same contest. It's based on back to December:)
    -----

The snow is falling today, and the clouds look like they are heavy with the combined weight of winter gloom. It is the 2nd month and 13th day since it happened, and I still don't feel normal. It's my fault, I know. But there are times, usually at night, when I get to thinking, and then the walls I've built fall down and my heart breaks anew. And it was all me, but at times like those I blame him. And I feel so cold and hard, and bitter. 
     Now the snow is stopped, leaving a pristine white blanket on the lawn. Later it will be ruined by tracks as my mother pulls in from her errands downtown. But right now, it is perfect. 
    I walk downstairs and to the kitchen. Time to dispel, or at least attempt to dispel, my cold winter heartbreak. 
    Pouring water and placing it on the old fashioned stovetop,I feel myself calming Performing such a simple task seems to remind me that no matter how hard life is, some things will always stay rock solid......like cocoa. I smile for a fleeting second. I reach for the highest cupboard, but my hand doesn't reach. HE would be able to, he would lift me up and stroke my hand as he reached for the packets of cocoa. Then we would sit in the old treehouse and sip the steaming mugs, as he....

NO. Stop, Lyra. You promised you wouldn't dwell. I tell myself. 
    It's so hard, though. No matter how hard I try I can't stop these flashbacks. To summer, riding in his car, those first days of our relationship. To fall, that night when I was crying, and he held me in his arms. And I realized I loved him. To that day, 3 months past, when I....

There I go again. I firmly shake my head and pull over the nearest chair. Climbing up on top, I easily reach the packs of hot chocolate and place them on the counter. Replacing the chair, my long hair snags on a wooden twist in the table. As I tug it free, a small part tears from my head with a hot pain. I stifle a yelp and stare at the auburn pile. I rub my head and reposition my hair over the part, even though it barely shows. I place the hair in my pocket for birds' nests.

The pot begins whistling, its ever present signal to remove its round white self from the stove. I do so, and make my cocoa. The soft powder tumbles into the blue cup. Taking my treat, I return upstairs.

Sipping my drink, I look out at the snow. How pretty it is, with its undisturbed--wait. A long trail of dark footprints leads to the front door and back to the road. Shocked, I run downstairs and to the door. Unlatching it, I stumble onto the porch and find....

Nothing. Just the path of footprints and...a pile of dead rose petals.
    There's no stopping it this time. I'm immediately plunged into a memory.

the December night was warm for the month, and we stood in front of a white one story house. He looked at me with hurt and confusion in his blue eyes. Another time, I might have backed down, but not tonight.
    "Lyra, don't do this. We can work it out."
    "no! We CAN'T. You're a liar, and a heartbreaker, and-"
    " I told you, we are NOT together! I've never even seen her before until you pointed her out today!"
    " nice try, boy. "
    " I'm serious! Look, I brought you roses...."
    " I don't want your roses!" 
    I grab them and toss them to the ground.
    "Lyra.....?"
    "just go."
    "but...I..."
    "go."
    He begins to walk away, then turns. 
    " I swear, I haven't cheated on you! I love you! Please..."
    But I don't hear the rest. I'm too busy crushing the rose petals.

With a shock, I jerk out of the flashback. My face is wet, and I taste salt. I realize I am crying. stupid, stupid! I say to myself. I just pushed him away, the best thing I've ever had.  There's only one thing to do. I begin to follow the footprints. 

They lead me to a place I know. I walk up the creaky steps and linger in front of the door. Just do it, girl I raise my hand and knock.

Nobody comes.

I try again.

Still nothing.

I turn away, but suddenly see a flicker of movement in the window above. So someone is home! With renewed determination, I knock. 

Nothing.

Frustrated, I just turn the knob. It turns easily, and I feel a leap of satisfaction.  Something stops the movement. I look down, and see that there is a chain on the door. 

I run back home, away from the white one story house, and jerk open the door. I collapse on the foot of the stairs and sob, letting it consume me. Feeling something in my pocket, I pull out the small bundle of hair. 

Staring at the pile of shorn off beauty, I cry anew. The snow begins again as I bawl, no longer trying to stop the flashBack To December.

-----

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I got the idea from Better Than Revenge... :)

The school bell rang. My best friend, Jordan and I headed out to her car. On our way out to the parking lot Logan, my boyfriend caught up with us.
    “Do you want to hang out or something?” he asked.
    “I can’t.. I have to go home and then Jordan and I are going to her house. Sorry babe.”
    “Okay... Some other time?”
    “Of course.” I agreed.
    “Good.” Logan said, kissing my forehead.
    “Bye.” I said, getting in the car with Sophie. It only took about 5 minutes to get to my house from the school.
    “See you in an hour.” Jordan said.
    “Bye!” I said, walking up the front steps. I was half afraid to open the door, afraid of what I would find. I sighed and finally opened the door. Once again, my mom was in a drunken stupor, passed out on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. I picked her up and half-carried, half-drug her over to the couch and covered her with a blanket. I picked up my phone and called Jordan.
    “Hey. I’m gonna be late. She’s drinking again.” I said softly. She’s the only one I’ve told about my mom’s drinking issues.
    “Okay. Do you want me to come over?” she asked.
    “If you want to.. You don’t have to.” I said. But as always she showed up anyway.
    We talked for a few minutes about seemingly pointless stuff, but it mattered a lot to us. I happened to glance out the window and I saw what looked like Logan and another girl walking down the sidewalk, holding hands. Taking a closer look I realized it was Logan. They stopped to sit on the curb.
    “You’ve got to be kidding me.” I muttered, motioning for Jordan to come over here.
    “Busted...” Jordan said. I ran to get my phone to call Logan to see if he would answer. He did.
    “Hey what are you up to?” I asked, walking outside, Jordan following me.
    “Oh nothing much, at home. What about you?”
    “Turn around.” I said.
    “Wha-” he started, but then he turned around.
    “So... You’re at home huh?”
    “Who’re you?” the girl asked. I didn’t recognize her.
    “I’m his girlfriend.. Well was... Who’re you?”
    “I’m his girlfriend. I’m Nicole.” she said, taking a look at me. Yuck.. even her name is preppy. I thought, shooting Logan death glares.
    “I trusted you...Why would you do this to me!?” I shouted. People were looking at us, but I didn’t care.
    “We’re done.” I whispered fiercely, turning around and walking back to the house.
    The next morning for school I had to force myself to get up. I had promised myself that I wouldn’t cry, wouldn’t do anything like that. As soon as I got to school though, all those promises vanished. Logan and all of his friends were hanging around his locker. As Jordan and I walked by I heard bits of their conversation.
    “Yeah, and you wouldn’t believe what she did to me.” Logan stated.
    “What’d she do?”
    “She cheated on me with another guy from a different school.” he answered. I ducked my head and walked faster to my locker. My vision was blurred by tears that I promised myself that I wouldn’t cry. Someone tapped on my shoulder. I spun around, thinking it was Jordan. Nope... I was wrong, Logan and his stupid group of guys.
    “What the hell do you want?” I asked, avoiding his eyes.
    “I want to know why you cheated on me.”
    “I didn’t cheat on you...! You cheated on me with Nicole!” I cried. Now more people were glancing over to see what was going on. A line from Better Than Revenge ran through my head. ‘She underestimated just who she was stealing from...”

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

^^^thats good! Now I want to know what happens:)

Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Thanks!! I'll probably post more either today or tomorrow

Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM

This forum is awsome! I'll post something later :D

Made by Calizzle4 :)

Made by Primafacie :)

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM

^^yay!!:)

Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM

(This is just a preview)
    She had outran the guard after escaping the forced wedding and accidentally stumbled into a portal to another another realm she's not very familiar with, but she keeps on going to find a place to hide so she can plan her next move. She soon finds a cave filled with luminescent crystals of all colors and walks in to explore it in total awe. As she goes deeper into the cave, she finds a gigantic cluster probably bigger, brighter, and more colorful than the rest of the other crystals in the cave so walked towards it for a closer look. As she gets closer to the cluster starts noticing there's a figure inside it and when she had a closer look inside the crystal cluster, it turns out that it's a fairy unlike any other she has seen before. The fairy has very long dark hair wearing a white dress (with a silver swirl pattern), is wearing some sort of amulet that can't be easily seen through the crystal wall, and has very translucent wings with one of the most beautiful patterns she has ever seen in her entire life. She starts to cry for the fairy since this is most likely a tomb until she hears a girl's voice, "why are you so sad?" She looks up and she hears the same voice again, "you don't have to be always sad." And she responds, "I'm so sick of being in a cage." "Well so do I."

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM

^^thats nice:)

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM

longlivetaylor...4ever&always wrote:

That is kind of a spinoff from a different story.

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I'll post some later :)

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM

moonstorm5000 wrote:

Oh! Is the different story one you wrote or....?

^dancingaroundallalone

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM

(This one popped out of my head a few months ago)
    Alexia: “Come on! Can you just stop it???”
    Er’c: “And leave you hanging?” *approaches Alexia closer*
    Alexia: *stumbles to the corner* “Why won’t you leave me alone? I’m SERIOUS Er’c!”
    Er’c: *hugs Alexia *
    Alexia: *struggles* “LET ME GO!!!”
    Er’c: *kisses Alexia*
    Alexia: *calms down wide-eyed* (thought) “Why am I feeling very warm all of a sudden? It’s as if I feel electricity pulsating though my veins.”
    Er’c: *stops kissing Alexia and looks into her rainbow eyes*
    Alexia: *looks at him and suddenly collapses*
    Er’c: “ALEXIA! Are you alright? Please answer me!” *Picks Alexia up and carries her into her HQ dorm room and lays her down on her bed*
    Lyla: *comes into the room* “What happened? What did you do?”
    Er’c: “let’s just say I did what you exactly told me and she tried to run from me until she stumbled into a corner and I had to hug and kiss her to calm her down and this happened.”
    Lyla: “Ugh! Why do you have to kiss her? You know she has sensory sensitivity.” *Er’c looks puzzled*

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM

moonstorm5000 wrote:

Oh! Is the different story one you wrote or....?

^dancingaroundallalone

I wrote 2.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM

(another part before the previous one)
    "I WILL NOT HAVE ANY PART OF THIS!" the princess yelled, but the emperor had already said yes the prince of Tenebris Flos to become her suitor. Alexia stormed off the room before her father could even finish speaking and ranted to her room guard and longtime friend Er’c saying, "WHY WOULD MY FATHER NOT UNDERSTAND THAT I WANT TO GET MARRIED ON MY OWN TIME AND NOT TO SOME COMPLETE STRANGER?" Eric patted her back saying, "I agree with you on that. I can rant, yell, and curse about it, but I have a feeling that your father won't let you do anything about it since there are so many stories of your ancestors that ran away to the monasteries all over the galaxy so they can avoid it or even commit suicide if they're caught escaping from their oath. Look, I would like to help you, but I would get sanctioned for that and your hibernation is within 2 weeks so I would suggest trying out this guy and he might turn out to be a nice guy." "Or a jerk that doesn't think that girls should be warriors!" Alexia scoffs.

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Here's a short story that I wrote the other day because I was super bored. I walked over to the old bookshelf. Running my hands over the dusty backs of the books, I stopped at my old favorite, Between The Lines. Grabbing it, I sat back against the bookshelf. It had the prince, princess and all the other perfect fairytale things, but most importantly a happy ending. Even though I already knew what was going to happen from reading it numerous times, I opened the book anyway. It was like a hug from a friend that you hadn’t seen in forever, the kind that made you not want to let go. Ever. My eyes caught a flicker of movement on one of the few pictures. I blinked, thinking that it was nothing, but there it was again. Suddenly the pages of the book flipped, sucking me into their world.
    I opened my eyes slowly, there in front of me was the main character of the book. The prince. Oliver, that was his name. Behind him was a curtain of dewy vines. Oliver reached out and brushed my cheek, as if he was checking to see it I was real. I jumped back. ramming into the sensitive horse, Knight.
    “Why would you do that? That was mean!” Knight said, his voice teary.
    “Knight, I’m sorry..” I said, patting his shoulder. Oliver brushed my shoulder. I had forgotten that he was there.
    “I’ve been watching you for awhile now Hannah...” Oliver said. Gee, talk about creeper... I thought, taking a step back.
    “O-Okay...?” I stuttered, wondering exactly how he could see me through the pages of a book. Oliver stepped closer, something in his hand. I caught a glint of metal. I ran past him and through the curtain of vines. Vines hanging from the trees caught on my legs and ankles, threatening to trip me. A few strides later I was out of the forest, this time in a completely empty, barren, snowy field. I cursed under my breath. So much for perfect fairytales I thought, wondering where to go next, back to the forest or just keep running? I looped back around into the forest.
    I heard Oliver crashing through the trees behind me. I forced my legs to move faster, jumping over logs and vines. A vine caught on my ankle, causing me to trip. I wrapped my arms around my head, protecting myself. Oliver walked up behind me, clutching a knife. Oliver held the knife up to my throat.
    ‘Sometimes fairytales aren’t perfect, little kids get eaten by witches, little red riding hood’s grandma is eaten. Sometimes fairytales don’t have happy endings...’

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM

This is a song fic for white horse. I had posted it on another website.
    The bold are the song lyrics and the italics are flashbacks.

“I just don’t understand how he could say that he never loved me, or even liked me if he asked me out four months before. It doesn’t make sense to me,” I said to Elizabeth, my best friend since our freshman year of high school.
    “You still don’t know?” she asked incredulously.
    “What?”
    “He never liked you. At least not in a romantic way. All he wanted was a girlfriend. He just wanted sex.” My heart shattered, again for the boy I thought I knew.

“Say you're sorry that face of an angel comes out just when you need it to.”

I sat in my room, alone, tears cascading down my face. How could he? I trusted him.
    It had been about a year since my friendship, or what I thought had been a friendship, with Adam had fallen apart.
    I guess you could say we had history. In June of my sophomore year, he asked me out and I turned him down. I just didn’t like him in that way. All I wanted was to be friends. But he wanted more. Then, in October of my junior year, he asked me to our Homecoming dance. Again, I said no. We were friends after that. Until December.
    “Elizabeth, what’s this?” I asked her, showing her a text message she had received from Adam. As we did every time we had a sleep over, we were going through each other’s phone.
    “Oh, it was nothing,” she replied. I gave her an Are you serious? look. The text message read, “I never loved her. But I love you.”It didn’t take a rocket scientist to understand who he was talking about. It was me. My heart shattered.
    “That’s nothing. What did Sam (her boyfriend of 4 years) says about it?” I stopped. “He knows about it, right?”
    “Of course he does!” she exclaimed. “He isn’t happy about it. I mean, Adam is his best friend. They are neighbors. But that’s all it will ever be. A crush. I love Sam.” She looked over at me. “Are you okay Lauren?”
    “I’m fine,” I replied, my voice a little shaky. All that I could think about was that text. He never loved me. If he never loved me, then why would he ask me out? Why would he ask me to Homecoming? Was I just some charity case that he thought he had to help just to be nice? Was everything a lie? Were we ever even friends? I couldn’t even process what that one text meant. It could mean so many different things.

Since that one night, that one message, I spent weeks questioning what was real and what was fake. And now, here I was, one year later questioning myself about that same text message.

“As I paced back and forth all this time 'Cause I honestly believed in you”

I believed him. I believed that he was sorry. I was ready to rebuild our friendship. I believed that he had actually loved me and that he didn’t mean what he said to Elizabeth. And now all that trust was gone. He used me. He. Used. Me.

“Holding on, the days drag on, stupid girl, I should have known, I should have known”

I felt so stupid for believing him. For trying to see the good in him, when clearly, there was no good. I should have known that his intentions were as bad as I had originally believed. I just couldn’t believe that I had made myself think otherwise. I felt like a complete idiot for falling for his games. Because that was all this was. A game Adam was playing. Trying to make me believe that we could be friends again. We could put the past behind us and start over. But it was all a lie.

“I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell. This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town, I was a dreamer before you went and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around.”

I would never be able to forgive him after this. There would be no way to be friends. That was it. How could he do this? How could anyone be so cruel? How could any person with a heart come, with a face of kindness and good intentions, and use another person, only to break them when they didn’t get what they wanted or were done? Who would use someone like that? For sex? I had never felt so violated before. He only wanted me for my body and for the pleasure I could potentially bring him. I just didn’t understand what type of human being would do that? Unfortunately, he would not be the last person to try.

“Maybe I was naïve, got lost in your eyes, and never really had a chance”

I was naïve for believing in him. Naïve for trying to see the good in everyone when not everyone was as nice as they seemed. I was too…nice. I was blind. I couldn’t even see his real goal. To seduce me. To get me under his spell. To break me. I broke down sobbing. Just thinking about it was too much.

“My mistake, I didn't know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand. I had so many dreams about you and me. Happy endings. Now I know”

Never again would I make that mistake. Never again would I fall for something like that. I couldn’t. It was too painful. Everything I thought I knew, ripped from me. Everything was gone. Old scars were reopened but this time, they were even deeper than the last. They were more painful than a year ago. I realized that I could never trust anyone anymore. I couldn’t let any guy close to me anymore after this. The fear of trusting someone and then having that destroyed again would be too much to handle.

“I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell. This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town. I was a dreamer before you went and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around”

“And there you are on your knees, begging for forgiveness, begging for me. Just like I always wanted but I'm so sorry.”

I couldn’t help but remember when he had tried to apologize. Had it only been a few days ago? It seemed like a life time ago.
    “Lauren, I’m so sorry,” Adam said to me at lunch one day. I had asked to talk to him. To get answers from him so I could finally forgive him. “It was stupid of me. I shouldn’t have sent her that message. I didn’t mean it. I really did love you. But you rejected me and I was upset. Elizabeth had helped me through everything. She helped me move past you. She helped me move on. I thought I loved her at the time. I said it because I wanted it to be true. But it wasn’t true. It will never be true. I really loved you. I hope you can see that.”

He had said exactly what I had wanted to hear a year ago. Even a few days ago. But now, I knew it was all one big lie. Just like every other part of our friendship. Just a hoax to get to me. To use me.

“Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale, I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well. This is a big world, that was a small town. There in my rear view mirror disappearing now, and it's too late for you and your white horse. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to catch me now”

It was too late. Too late for apologies. Too late to go back. I was broken and no one could save me anymore. As much as Elizabeth or anyone else tried, I would never be the same. I would never be that naïve girl who always tried to see good in everyone, no matter how small. I no longer believed in second chances. These scars would never go away. They were too deep. The pain was too much. I would never be able to find the forgiveness to let Adam back into my life. My faith in people in general was gone. The only thing I believed now was that people were only going to let you down. In my mind, 99 percent of guys, and people in general were just assholes looking to use whoever they could. Of course there were exceptions to every rule. I had met some very nice guys but they were scarce. You would be lucky to stumble upon them.

It was too late. I would never be the same.

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM

^^Thats really good!!!!!!!! I love it!!

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM

^^Thats really good!!!!!!!! I love it!!

Thanks!!

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM

heres another really short story
    I sat in my room crying, wishing it wasn’t over. I didn’t want it to be true. I missed Nick still even though we had broken up almost a week ago. Something on my desk caught my eye. It was my track plaque from the indoor season. I stared at it as I flashed back to a conversation with Nick about things that had happened during the spring season.
    My phone started to ring. Even before looking at the caller ID, I knew who it was. It was Nick, as usual. I picked it up. “Hey, how are you,” he asked me. I sighed in response to his question. “Bad day? What happened?” he asked, concerned.
    “My Track coach is frustrating me. But what else is new?” I replied.
    “What did he do?” he asked.
    “You don’t want to know. Honestly, I will probably go into a half hour rant about him,” I said. It was true. When I got this frustrated, if I started to talk about it, I wouldn’t stop.
    “I have time. It might help to talk about it,” he told me. He was right of course. The one thing I need most at that moment was someone who would just listen. He was really sweet that way.
    “I came late to practice again today because I had a National Honors Society meeting after school. I was late to practice yesterday too because of a club meeting that I had to present for. I have to go to the club meetings to stay in the club. I have to think about college too. He told me again today that I don’t work hard enough. That I need to give it a hundred percent if I want to make FCIACs. I always run as hard as I can at practice. I am one of the most dedicated people there. I run harder than most of the sprinters and yet, he doesn’t say anything to them. Only me. I don’t know why he hates me. It’s so frustrating. I work so hard and then he comes and tells me I need to work harder. He expects more from me than I can give. It’s like he expects me to run so much faster than I’m capable of running. And it doesn’t help that I hurt my back last meet. Not as bad as the winter season but it hurts to run and I don’t want to hurt it even more. I can’t stop running though. I’m just not going to make it. I’m not going to be able to drop my time fast enough and my season will end just like the winter season did. I’m going to end with nothing. Nothing to be proud of, nothing to show. It’ll just end in disappointment again. And to be honest, I just don’t know if I can go through that disappointment again.” I stopped. I was out of breath and was sure that my face was really red.
    “I’m sorry. I wish I could be there with you to help you through it. It sucks that I have to be on the other side of the country while you are going through this. No matter what he says, remember that you are trying your best and giving it your all. You can’t help that you have other activities. No matter how fast you run, whether or not you make FCIACs, you will have so much to be proud of. You are a fantastic runner no matter what people say. And, make it or not, I will still love you and be here for you,” he told me calmly. After hearing his last few words, my anger towards my coach and some of my frustration disappeared.
    “Thank you,” I said gratefully. “That actually really helped me. It was nice to be able to rant to someone about it.”
    “Glad I could help. Next time I see you we’ll go out and do something fun and get away from all the stress you’ve been under,” he promised me.
    “That sounds great,” I said. I couldn’t wait to see him. “I should go. I have to get a lot of homework done for tomorrow. Thank you for listening to me. It means a lot to me and it helped more than you know.”
    “Hasn’t anyone told you?” he asked me. His question confused me. I guess he could tell by my silence. “That’s what boyfriends are for. To listen when you need to get stuff out of your system. To make you feel better whenever you need cheering up.” I laughed.
    “Well in that case you are up for the Boyfriend of the Year award after this,” I teased.
    “Good to know. Good luck with everything and with your coach and making FCIACs and everything that’s going on. I’m always thinking of you,” he added.
    “Love you,” I told him before I hung up.
    “Love you too. You know you can always just call me if you need someone to just listen,” he replied. “Go get some homework done.”
    “Thanks, I’ll try. Goodnight,” I said to him.
    “Night Lauren,” he replied before he hung up.

Sadness came over me again. Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes. I tried to blink them away as I remembered how he said everything I needed to hear at the time. I longed for him to comfort me the way he had that night on the phone. Another memory flashed through my memory. The first time I had seen him since the end of my spring season. The weekend in May after the last track meet. The memory of sitting there on the couch with him at Allegra’s house was so strong and so hard to forget.
    Nick had invited me over to watch a movie at Allegra’s house while she was away. It was the first time I had seen him in a few weeks. The last time I had talked to him was Sunday night and today was Friday. To be honest, I hadn’t really felt like talking to him or anyone during the past week. It had felt so nice to be with him and have his arm around me again. After the movie had ended, he asked me, “I realized I never asked you. How was the track meet? Did you make it? I’m sorry I couldn’t make it. I wish I could have seen you run.” I turned away so he couldn’t see the sadness and disappointment on my face.
    “I didn’t make it,” I mumbled. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.
    “I’m so sorry. I know how much it meant to you.” I hid my face in his chest as tears started to fall. I couldn’t hold on to them any longer. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked softly.
    “I missed it by a quarter of a second,” I sobbed. I couldn’t help it anymore. The disappointment that I had held in all week welled up in my chest and just came out in huge sobs. It was like a knife had cut me in half. “All that hard work all season,” I paused. “Just…gone. I was so close. And now there’s nothing. I failed. I couldn’t do it. I wasn’t good enough. My coach was right.”
    “Shhh,” he said as he held me in his arms trying to console me. “You didn’t fail.”
    “I didn’t succeed though. Again.”
    “I know it’s disappointing. You have time still to make it. You have another year left to make it. You’ll get it next year,” he said calmly.
    “I don’t know. I can’t go through this again. It’s too much. It hurts too much. I’ll never make it,” I sobbed. “I don’t know if I’m going to run next year. I’ll just come really close and fail again. I’m not good enough. I can’t go through this again. I can’t set myself up for disappointment anymore” I cried on his shoulder for a few more minutes. And he just let me.
    “You are good enough. You are strong. You will get it. You can do it. Don’t sell yourself short. You can do anything you set your mind to. I believe in you. I really do. You are incredible. You dropped 4 seconds in one season. That’s a lot to be proud of. And you know what? You may not have made it this year but you will make it next year because you are really fast,” he encouraged me. I smiled weakly at him.
    “Thank you,” I whispered. “For everything.”
    “It’s absolutely no problem. I am always here for you. You can tell me anything. Remember that,” he said.
    “I will,” I promised.

I couldn’t tear myself away from looking at the plaque. I wiped the tears away and turned away. I wished I had him here with me now. To feel the warmth of his skin against mine. But he was gone. And I, I was left to accept the truth.