Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Do braces hurt?

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Hi I'm getting braces really soon and I'm really scared has anyone got them? And if so does it hurt a lot? Thanks!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Do braces hurt?

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Ive had them :) They really arent so bad :) They hurt for 1-3 days when you first get them in but painkillers help SO much :) When you get them tightened they hurt, but not for as long and painkillers still work :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM

when you first get them, they will hurt for a couple days and taking painkillers or something like that will help the pain, but after you have them for a while, they get better. I had them for a few years and they do help. Getting them tightened make them hurt again, but that don't last long.

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

It really depends on who you are. You can get irritations in your mouth from the metal, but that's normal. overall the most pain will be getting them off :(

love you.x

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

well, for me, it didn't "hurt" that much...it was basically just that my mouth was sore for a couple of days....and don't worry :) it isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem!!! :D

credits to Brooker27 :D

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Mine hurt for like, the first week, but then after that, I was fine. Just take care of them, you might get them off a little early that way. I did :)
    Graphic Shop

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

They're not that bad once you get used to them. :) Have some Tylenol handy just in case. Don't worry!

Thanks allyouareismean!!! :D I'm certainly Wonderstruck! Thanks to swiftswimmer for the amazing avatar![colo

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM

First few days, YES. My advice is to take pain medicine right before you get them on and keep on it. Same when you get them tightened... I didn't have that advice first getting them on and I spent the first week crying. :P
    *signature by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I completely agree with what everyone is saying. They do hurt for 1-3 days but its not like PAIN its more like really really sore. Take pain killers befor. When you get them tighten it hurts slighly but not a lot. Dont be scared!

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Mine hurt for the first few days and one of the metal bands kept rubbing on my tongue and I got so annoyed at it that I wanted to cry all the time. I've had them for about a month now and I haven't had any other problems but those...

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM

YES....but not too bad :)
    I BADLY need mine...my two front teeth were....well ya know normal teeth are front on likethis?
    --
    well mine were like this
    | |
    it was HORRIBLE!

I had mine for 2 years and 3 weeks exactly :)
    And now my teeth are really straight...so the pain is WORTH it!
    Stay, stay, stay
    I've been loving you for quite some time, time, time
    You think that it's funny when I'm mad, mad, mad
    But I think that it's best if we both stay.

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

so...if anyone has endured this pain?

Stay, stay, stay
    I've been loving you for quite some time, time, time
    You think that it's funny when I'm mad, mad, mad
    But I think that it's best if we both stay.

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM

PM ME CUZ I HAVE THEM NOWW AND I CAN TELL YOU MY EXPERIENCE

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:19 PM

well sometimes but u get used to them and the good thing about them u can get the rubber bands red
    I'm going to send Taylor a letter and you can join by clicking Never met Taylor above.Please join!

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I'm not going to lie to you, it hurts and for me it was almost unbearable but it depends on the person. I can't stand pain in my mouth so it was really bad for me. You probably have a way higher pain tolerance than me. The actual process of getting them on doesn't hurt at all. It typically doesn't hurt for a few hours afterwards. My best advice is take some advil or something 15 minutes before you go in and keep taking it every few hours.
    Good luck! Before you know it you'll be getting them off. (:

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I am not going to lie to you. Yes, they hurt. I had them for seven years.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

They don't hurt when they're being put on. They only hurt the second day(:

DAAA

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM

They don't hurt that bad. The process of getting them on is painless, but the next day your teeth will be a little sore because theyre moving. This what I did: I took an advil every morning. It helps A LOT. Also, you dont want to go and eat normal food once you get them on, because that's when it hurts, because youre chewing on hard food. I basically ate apple sauce and pudding the first few days, then I started eating peanut butter(NOT CRUNCHY) and jelly sandwhiches. Then like a week and a half later I could eat whatever I wanted!! But trust me, people who say "OMG ITS HORRIBLE AND HURTS SOOO MUCH!" are lying. Really. It doesnt hurt lol. BUT. The braces may irritate your lip and make it sore, but thats why they give you wax. if they dont, ask for it, youll probably need it. Just put the wax on your braces where its hurting your lip, and it should be ay-okay!
    ~I don't know why but with you I'd dance in storm in my dress FEARLESS~

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

*Swiftie*13 wrote:
    Mine hurt for the first few days and one of the metal bands kept rubbing on my tongue and I got so annoyed at it that I wanted to cry all the time. I've had them for about a month now and I haven't had any other problems but those...

Put wax on your braces where they are bothering you! If you dont have any, go to your orthodontist and ask him/her for somee! It helps A LOT.

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:37 PM

TopazHeart13 wrote:
    *Swiftie*13 wrote:

Put wax on your braces where they are bothering you! If you dont have any, go to your orthodontist and ask him/her for somee! It helps A LOT.

Yes, they do feel better with the wax!

DAAA

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Take painkillers before you go, unless you already went :p but painkillers help as well as soft foods. When they get tightened or you get rubber bands it hurts for a couple days but painkillers help :D
    Good luck!

Vote

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.