1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

What Taylor Swift songs should I cover and record?

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM

This is my youtube channel, I just started recording covers (originals to come soon!). I'm used to coffee shops and stages so the mic and camera can be a bit intimidating!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/YesterSnowden?feature=mhee]http://www.youtube.com/user/YesterSnowden?feature=mhee

So I was thinking I'd do one of Taylor's songs and was wondering if I could have some input. I can do a straight and honest cover or change up styles or even switch the roles of characters within the lyrics.

So... Any ideas?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: What Taylor Swift songs should I cover and record?

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Oh, that's so cool! I'd love a cover of Starlight, maybe in your own style! And you have a great voice :)

RE: What Taylor Swift songs should I cover and record?

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:39 AM

if u like wailing all too well
    Siena Wilkie

Re: What Taylor Swift songs should I cover and record?

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

i've been running through a few of her songs, but nothing conclusive as to which i could do justice in a cover. i did just put up a new cover of another artist however!

Train Tracks - Jason Webley Cover - youtube

If you do or don't enjoy my cover I highly suggest you check out Jason Webley's version. He is a small-time musician, but he writes some of the most beautiful and poetic songs I've ever come across! He writes a variety of songs. I'm sure you'll enjoy :)