Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: TaylorRose's Song Writing Competition!!

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM

sparklexxx wrote:
    Oh my gosh I can't beleive I accually made it into the grand final!!! How did this happen I was against sooo much talent!!! Thank you so much!!!
    This round is going to definetly test me!! I've never written a song with 2 choruses before so can't wait to give it ago!
    xxx

You were against a lot of talent but still your song shone out :) I was really impressed!! It's easier to use two choruses if you're telling a story - not straight out but imagine it like that :)

Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Thank you so much for thinking I was good enough to make it this far. All those great songwriters...just wowowowwow. RachelLovesTaylor and sparklexxx are absolutely amazing. Nervous about my song!

thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo
    Camryn xoxo

Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 5:33 AM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    Thank you so much for thinking I was good enough to make it this far. All those great songwriters...just wowowowwow. RachelLovesTaylor and sparklexxx are absolutely amazing. Nervous about my song!

Camryn xoxo

You're incredible. Just do your best and speak who you are.

TaylorRose xx

Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:

Girl you're my favourite songwriter on TC!! Hahah thanks a lot!!

Looking to kill some time? Check out my Swiftie/Hayniac fanfic![/align

Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    SwiftieKat wrote:

Girl you're my favourite songwriter on TC!! Hahah thanks a lot!!

Looking to kill some time? Check out my Swiftie/Hayniac fanfic![/align

You guys are both amazing - and sparklexxx. I honestly have no idea how I am going to choose.

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Dunno about y'all about I'm finding this so hard to write!

Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    Dunno about y'all about I'm finding this so hard to write!

Looking to get your mind off something? Check out my Swiftie/Hayniac f

It's the Grand Final :) it's supposed to be!! Sorry that it is so hard though, didn't think it would be overly challenging..it will test your skill :)

TaylorRose xx

Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

This was originally a song I wrote about a week back called Rear View Mirror but recently I wrote a chorus that I thought fitted sooo much better, so with a few small alterations, I present to you... Love Luck and Faith!

This is yet another song about my summer with the same guy, and I just wish he'd come back.

I have serious doubts that I'll win, and I just want to congratulate everyone else in this round with me, because I couldn't be up against more talented lyricists than y'all and I love every single one of y'alls work

Love Luck and Faith
    Verse 1
    I recall waking up that morning
    To the smell of the grass
    And the sound of your breath
    And the steam on the glass

We’d been up all night
    Dancing in your KC lights

I remember the turns took
    Driving home so unsteady
    The twists and the bumps
    The whiskey’d made you heady

Don’t matter that it weren’t right
    As long as we never saw them blue lights

Chorus
    Get back down to...
    The house by the creek and the little love seat
    Where the fire blew out in the cool summer breeze
    Where just past the thistles the dirt road glistened
    And we’d always find time for plenty of kissing

Get back down to...
    Where the trees grew high beneath the apricot sky
    Because it felt like every second with you just flew by
    I wore my ripped up jeans with the holes in the knees
    And all we had was love luck and faith and no guarantees

Verse 2
    I recollect memories of your smile
    And the taste of your lips
    I blocked them out until I thought
    I felt your hand on my hips

Singing me every lullabye in the book
    Til it turned to your favourite Def Leppard hook

I sometimes mention the colour of your eyes
    Or the shade of your hair
    And pretend to answer for you
    As if you’re stood right there

And I’ll try to think of the good times
    Because they’re all I have to prove that you’re mine

Chorus
    Get back down to...
    Where the fire blew out in the cool summer breeze
    Where just past the thistles the dirt road glistened
    And we’d always find time for plenty of kissing

Get back down to...
    Because it felt like every second with you just flew by
    I wore my ripped up jeans with the holes in the knees
    And all we had was love luck and faith and no guarantees

Bridge
    Looking back in retrospect
    It was all a little tainted
    But you could get me wrecked ‘til every tear was wept
    And I still wouldn’t want to change it

Chorus
    Get back down to...
    On that cool summer night where you first said you loved me
    I’d walk just past the thistles and then I’d hear you whistle
    Falling back in the dirt and then we’d kiss a little

Get back down to...
    You’d pick your constellations and I’d pick mine
    You said you loved my ripped up jeans with the holes in the knees
    And all we had was love luck and faith and you and me baby

Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I will try to enter by tonight!!!

Camryn xoxo

Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Heyy

This is my entry. It's called Glowing Red. I wrote it about a month ago and I changed a few things and I think it's much better now.

I got the idea for this song when I read somewhere that a red moon is to symbolise danger is coming or something bad is going to happen. So I thought of the line 'I should've known' and so yeah that's where it all came from.

I would just like to say that I have no idea how I managed to get into the grand final when I'm against all of you guys!!! The songs everyone writes are beautful and inspire me to write harder! Every one of you could make a carree from writting songs!!
    Congrats to everybody!!!

Glowing Red

Verse 1:
    I kept believing in you
    I felt like flying when looking in your eyes
    Well it didn't last for long
    The heartbreak hit me hard
    I would've sworn that my heart torn in half
    In that one little moment

Chorus 1:
    Come hear me now, come hear me now
    In this one moment
    Let your fears run wild
    Hatred, breakdown, fake love, fighting
    Can you hear me now
    I should've know better should've known better
    The man in the moon was glowing red
    He was burning red
    The end was near but I was too niave

Verse 2:
    I bet you think, I forgot about you now
    The truth is that my mind is taking its sweet time erasing you
    How long does it take to forget
    The spark in your eyes when you smiled
    How long does it take to forget
    When you walked out the door and took my heart with

Chorus 2:
    In this one moment
    Let your fears run wild
    Regret, heartbreak, fiction, give up
    Can you hear me now
    He was burning red

Bridge:
    You know, love seems to be so short
    But forgetting is so long

Chorus 3:
    In this one moment
    Let your fears run wild
    Distance, silence, timing, mistakes
    Can you hear me now
    He was burning red

Outro:
    I should've known
    I should've known
    I should've known
    xxx

Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    I will try to enter by tonight!!!

Camryn xoxo

I'm not going to close it until you've entered :) don't stress!!

TaylorRose xx

Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Okay, here's my entry! My decision was between two songs, but I chose this one so we're all writing about the same subject. I really hope you like it, this was impossible to write. Good luck to you guys, you're amazing songwriters, it's an honor to be in this round with you. (Sorry it's so long and if I'm not allowed to say the h word!)

Title: “Yesterday Ben”

Verse 1:
    If you were here, what would you say?
    If you knew I’ve been locking your memory away.
    Maybe all this passion would make you afraid,
    But I honestly believe you feel the same way.

I remember
    You used to be in the band,
    Playing my favorite songs on the bass.
    They didn’t sound the same,
    But I loved them more that way.

Pre-Chorus:
    I said goodbye to brown eyes,
    It killed me on the inside,
    But people know, despite my lies.

Chorus:
    Down the street is an empty house
    It’s nothing without you.
    You left me in a lonely ghost town.
    With nobody to run to.
    Do you look back on all those times
    And say to hell with lonely lives?
    It’s been a while, I hope you didn’t forget.
    6 years of love, happiness, and some regret.
    I remember it like yesterday
    I hear it all like yesterday, Ben.

Verse 2:
    It all started on that summer day,
    The beginning of second grade.
    It all ended 6 years later,
    But you never really faded away.
    If I saw you again, I don’t know what I’d say.
    Maybe I’d just say hi, but maybe I’d beg you to stay.
    Maybe I’d be weak and tell you I love you.
    Maybe you’d be honest and say you love me too.

It’s just past midnight,
    The moon is out now.
    I’ve just woken with a fright
    I dreamt of you,
    Something that’s not allowed.

Pre-Chorus:
    I said goodbye to brown eyes,
    It killed me on the inside,
    But people know, despite my lies.

Chorus 2:
    In this house you can’t hear a sound,
    It’s silent without you.
    You left me like a ghost, just wandering around
    With nobody to run to.
    Do you say my name when you’re alone
    And maybe think you were stupid to go?
    Maybe it echoes off the walls
    Or does it creep into your sad thoughts?
    It’s been forever, I hope you don’t forget.
    6 years of life, love, and some regret.
    I remember it like yesterday
    I see it all like yesterday, Ben.

Bridge:
    When you drove around here,
    On that final drive, did you think of me?
    I won't be close, not anywhere near,
    But we were everything, don't you agree?
    After all those years how could you leave?
    If love’s not like lightning, it’s not there, stop fighting.
    Convince me, stop crying, you know he’s not trying.
    Broken words I say to myself, I'm in denial.
    But maybe you're coming back,
    How would I even know?

In this house you can’t hear a sound,
    You left me in a lonely ghost town.
    It was with me just yesterday,
    How was it just yesterday, Ben?
    Finally the maybes have run out.
    Lately, they’re all I think about.

Camryn xoxo

RE: TaylorRose's Song Writing Competition!!

Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I hate to continue the suspense but I won't be able to judge until Wednesday, but I am going to make you all graphics to make up for it :)

TaylorRose xx

Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM

TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:
    I hate to continue the suspense but I won't be able to judge until Wednesday, but I am going to make you all graphics to make up for it :)

Thanks for hosting this contest Rose - I'm placing my bets on SwiftieKat winning this

Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    TaylorRoseSwift13 wrote:

Thanks for hosting this contest Rose - I'm placing my bets on SwiftieKat winning this

I've made sure that I haven't read the songs yet because I want to read them all at once at the time of judging, but honestly you never know :) we shall see!

TaylorRose xx

Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!! I COULD NOT BE PROUDER!

TaylorRose xx

Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Go swifties! :)
    Swiftie Forever!

Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I won? I can't believe it, oh my goodness I'm getting so emotional right now! I honestly thought SwiftieKat was going to win with her beautiful song, or sparklexxx because I'm a huge fan of both of their work! No words... just thank-you and I love you. Thank-you. I love you.

Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:

I won? I can't believe it, oh my goodness I'm getting so emotional right now! I honestly thought SwiftieKat was going to win with her beautiful song, or sparklexxx because I'm a huge fan of both of their work! No words... just thank-you and I love you. Thank-you. I love you.

You deserved it. Your writing is just so - there are no words. I wouldn't change a single thing about it because it is who you are. Let me know when you start professionally :) xoxoxo

TaylorRose xx

Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:02 PM

What a throw back hahah

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.