Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: TaylorRose's Lyric Writing Competition!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM

WILL ENTER!!!!!!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: TaylorRose's Song Writing Competition!!

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Come on please - two days left!
    Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

Come and have a look at White Stone - a place where all swifties can feel safe sharing their walk with God and asking for prayer :) http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2207451/

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I changed the first round to a free round because I think people had trouble thinking of a song to fit the theme. I may have that theme in a later round once people get into this more!! Please please enter!

TaylorRose xx

Come and have a look at White Stone - a place where all swifties can feel safe sharing their walk with God and asking for prayer :) http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2207451/

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I will enter!

Made by Dreamimpposible! Your amazing! Request from her! Made By Kel_Fairytale13! SHE IS FLAWLESS! Request from her
    [I

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM

We Were Beautiful- By me. Emily. :) Enjoy!

Oh, the hours I've spent in my own world.
    Dreaming of the day you'd make me your girl.
    You asked me if I remembered the summer we first met,
    I say darling, oh how could I forget?

*And oh, we were beautiful.
    Shining lile the stars, and so in love.
    We burned like the sun, but it wasn't enough.
    Oh, we were beautiful.*

Now my heart has an ocean view.
    Our fire surrendered to the deep blue.
    And now everything is terrible?
    But how, boy, could you know?
    Oh, how I loved you so.

(go to chorus marked *)

How can you change your mind,
    And leave me wondering at night.
    You never really played it fair,
    Oh I hope you do take care...
    And oh,
    We were beautiful.
    We lit up the world, before the cold,
    Oh. We were beautiful.

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Thank you so much for the first entry!! Can't wait to see what else you guys have written :D

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Here you go:)
    Sorry for the crazy long intro....and will you message me when results are up? Thanks!:)

this song is called why me, its kinda like begin again:). You are so broken and devastated after an ugly breakup, that life seems to lose its shine. But someone....wonderful, beautiful, amazing....comes along, and you realize there are things worth living for. He fixes your broken heart. And through everything, youre wondering, why did he pick you? You, who are so incredibly ordinary youre almost invisible, who is not nearly as pretty as those other girls, who sits alone and doesnt talk, who is mending a broken heart...why did this person choose you?
    I hope that explained this song well enough:) anyway here it is!:)
    WHY ME

I was dark
    You were light
    You were calm
    I was fight
    You were the golden boy
    But I was a broken girl
    Until you came into my world

PRECHORUS
    Oh oh oh
    You came into my world
    A world of a broken girl
    You fixed my heart, which couldnt be fixed
    Oh what did I do to deserve this?
    (so answer me this)
    CHORUS
    Why?
    Have you stayed by my side
    And fallen down
    With me
    Why?
    Have you held me
    And hurt when I was hurting
    Why?
    Was I the one who caught your eye
    When I was the only one who was shy
    Why?
    Did you hold me together
    Every time I was breaking?
    Tell me something baby,
    Just tell me honey,
    Ive been wondering,
    Forever....why me?

All those other girls
    Prettier then me
    Im just ordinary
    Nothing special about me

But you noticed this lonely heart
    You came over
    And put back the parts
    Even as I was still breaking
    Your touch, your voice,
    It left me shaking

I was hesitant, scared and kinda nervous
    Frightened and apprehensive
    Thinking this can only lead
    To a repeat of HIM
    ....At first

But you changed my mind
    You made me shine
    You found my inner light
    Which I thought had went out

PRECHORUS
    Oh oh oh
    You came into my world
    A world of a broken girl
    You fixed my heart, which couldnt be fixed
    Oh what did I do to deserve this?
    (so answer me this)
    CHORUS
    Why?
    Have you stayed by my side
    And fallen down
    With me
    Why?
    Have you held me
    And hurt when I was hurting
    Why?
    Was I the one who caught your eye
    When I was the only one who was shy
    Why?
    Did you hold me together
    Every time I was breaking?
    Tell me something baby,
    Just tell me honey,
    Ive been wondering,
    Forever....why me?

Oh I'm just ordinary
    Nothing special about me
    But you saw something different
    You came, you saw, you laughed, you loved
    And you...
    You changed everything.

Not that great.. But still;)

RE: TaylorRose's Song Writing Competition!!

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Definitely entering!

made by dancingaroundallalone!

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Here's my entry for round 1 :)

Back into View

Your hand in mine
    I can still feel it after all this time
    After all we went through
    It’s such a shame
    How it all came crashing down
    In a blink of an eye
    And now all I want is one last time
    To prove you wrong
    Cause I’m not bullet proof
    You should’ve known that
    From the start

Chorus:
    I know this might be wrong
    But I can’t help but see your face
    When you’re long gone
    I should know better now
    But I don’t
    So keep your mouth shut
    I don’t wanna hear it now
    I’m gonna erase you from my mind
    But I know every time I do
    You come right back into view

Reflecting back to when things were good
    I can see it all, I was misunderstood
    But I loved you
    Maybe you didn’t know
    That I took all of the falls
    And I could’ve sworn you loved me too
    Even after all you put me through
    I almost still want you
    I do, I don’t

Chorus

I gotta force myself to walkaway
    Shield myself from all of this pain
    But as soon as I forget you
    You come back right into view
    Even after all this time
    I still want you
    Almost want you back
    But I can’t
    You should know that
    But you don’t, no

Chorus

Your hand in mine
    I can still feel it after all this time

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

url[/signature]

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Round 1!
    Daydream Vacations

[Verse 1]
    Sidewalk chalk
    Smeared on our hands
    Warrior paint
    To far distant lands

Hiding in ferns
    Imagine a jungle
    Thunder above
    Feeling the rumble

Rain comes in splashes
    To paint a river
    Leaving behind memories
    Imprinting histories

[Chorus]
    Remember when we cut out our hearts
    To keep them safe
    We locked them away
    So they’d never break
    I kept yours in a golden chest
    You tucked mine into your vest
    We went to so many places
    On those daydream vacations

[Verse 2]
    Green meadows
    And picking daisies
    A soft breeze
    And sky so hazy

Conversations
    On warm nights
    We were growing up
    In a magnified light

Bluebells and daffodils
    Wither in time
    Frosted by snow
    It’s time to let go

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
    The wind has shifted
    A new ice age
    From sorcerers and pirates
    To forgetting our names

The galaxies flicker
    The stars sing a new tune
    Tinged with sadness
    Reminds me of you

[Chorus]

[Outro]
    Time talks to me
    About my memories
    They’ll change
    Like golden leaves
    How someday
    I’ll never be free
    Because goodbye
    Was always yesterday

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM

longlivetaylor...4ever&always wrote:

this song is called why me, its kinda like begin again:). You are so broken and devastated after an ugly breakup, that life seems to lose its shine. But someone....wonderful, beautiful, amazing....comes along, and you realize there are things worth living for. He fixes your broken heart. And through everything, youre wondering, why did he pick you? You, who are so incredibly ordinary youre almost invisible, who is not nearly as pretty as those other girls, who sits alone and doesnt talk, who is mending a broken heart...why did this person choose you?

Not that great.. But still;)

Oh lovely this song is beautiful!! It's really really gorgeous.

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I am so impressed with the quality of these songs!! Keep entering guys :D this is awesome!

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

wanted you more

verse 1:
    you're standing rIght in front of me
    i count all the things that i can't see
    your smile's gone
    it's just beeN so long

verse 2:
    i see you there
    i think you care
    i hopE you're still the same
    but when i call your name

pre-chorus 1:
    you turn up the radio
    like it'll drown out the truth
    i should'Ve known, i should've known
    you always do

chorus 1:
    i think i wantEd you more
    more than you eveR wanted me
    and now the rain's at my door
    daring me to go out and see
    everything we lost
    all the things that we could be

verse 3:
    i cry myself To sleep at nigHt
    just waiting fOr the sUn to shine
    but you'll never know
    i'll always let it Go

repeat pre-chorus 1:
    you turn up the radio
    like it'll drown out the truth
    i should've known, i should've known
    you always do

repeat chorus 1:
    i think i wanted you more
    more than you ever wanted me
    and now the rain's at my door
    daring me to go out and see
    everything we lost
    all the things that we could be

breakthrough:
    i feel you next to me
    i feel your Heart beating
    and now i let myself see
    we were never ever meant to be
    i alsmost forgive you
    i almost forgeT You but

pre-chorus 2:
    i turn up the radiO
    i block oUt your lies
    i shoulD've known; i Should've known
    we had to say goodbye

chorus 2:
    i think i wanted you more
    more than you ever wanted me
    and you were at my door
    telling me can't you see
    we'll get back what we lost
    we'll be everything we cAn be

verse 4:
    everY now and then i think of how it used to be
    i flashback to all those memories
    i remember when I had something to lose
    i go back to when i sTill loved you

ROUND 1!!!!!!! can you PM us when results are up? :)

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I'll definitely PM all of you when the results are up :)

TaylorRose xx

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM

This is called "Never Give Up" :) hope you like it!

Payback is overrated, baby,
    No mater how much time you've spent.
    Trying to figure out, how to get back at them,
    You'll only start wondering, where your time went.
    And maybe I should stop fighting fire with fire,
    Because really when you do that,
    You get burned.
    Of course that don't mean, I believe you,
    Believe me, that lesson's already been learned.

Once you break down,
    You gotta get back up.
    I'd tell you i'm sorry,
    but sorry's never enough.
    To say what was left unsaid.
    But I'll never give up.

Honestly, I should stop throwing darts at bullseyes,
    Because, it turns out, I got awful aim.
    And I should stop running into the eye of a storm,
    Because I only ever get caught in the rain.
    Jumping into conflict is immature,
    I ain't no saint, but I try not to sin.
    You'll only end in last place,
    When all you ever wanted was to win.

Once you break down,
    You gotta get back up.
    I'd tell you i'm sorry,
    But I'll never give up.
    Fall down 9 times,
    Stand up ten.
    You'll miss your chance,
    If you can't figure out when,
    To take a leap of faith.
    But I'll never give up.

And all you wanna do is sleep,
    But you gotta keep climbing.
    All the lights have gone out,
    But you gotta keep shining.
    Trust me please,
    Just come out of hiding.
    Let go of what you can't control.

Once you break down,
    You gotta get back up.
    I'd tell you i'm sorry,
    But I'll never give up.
    Fall down 9 times,
    Stand up ten.
    You'll miss your chance,
    If you can't figure out when,
    To take a leap of faith.
    But I'll never give up.

Payback is overrated, baby,
    I wish I'd have know that way back when.

Check out My Music Blog

I got to Speak Now, 9.10/11.11.

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I hope you like this! It has weird capitals and lower case cause there's a message in it:)

London Love

Verse One
    I met a beautiful boy
    on the streets of London.
    we both fell hard
    and we found ourselves runnin',
    wild and crazy,
    tearin' up the city.
    kept ourselves busy.
    And amidst the chaOs,
    we wrapped
    ourselves tighter and
    now all we remember is

Chorus
    him kissing me
    on that double-decker
    bus.
    oh, yeah,
    that was us.
    and dancing
    at midnight
    in the streets,
    every night of
    the week.
    and he had my
    first and last kiss.
    and he was my
    first and last brit.
    it was london loVe.

Verse Two
    we snuck out
    that weEkened
    and slept outdoors.
    as he rolled over
    to kiss me,
    he whispered,
    "i'll always Be
    yours."
    and i smiled in
    his embrace,
    'cause i felt a bit
    out of place,
    but now all
    we Remember is

Chorus Two
    me sitting on
    his lap despIte
    his mother's glare.
    and him feeling
    free to pull me
    to him anywhere.
    and The way
    he could hold
    me in that
    green eyed stare.
    and he was my
    first and last kiss,
    my first and last
    Brit.
    It was london love.

Bridge
    and we swOre
    it'd last forever,
    swore that we'd never
    ever leave each other,
    but now all we
    remember is...

Chorus Three
    my tears on his
    shirt when i
    boarded that plane.
    and the weeks
    when we both had
    to fight through
    the eternal pain.
    and now i think
    of him every
    single daY and
    i hope he doeS
    the same.
    cause he was my
    first and last kiss,
    my first and last
    brit.
    It was london love.

beautiful, treacherous,
    dying london love....

Love is a ruthless game, unless you play it good and right.

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM

my entry :)

My Heartstrings

verse 1:
    frozen like ice in two separate kingdoms
    my hearts been split waiting for freedom
    you walked away with my heart on your sleeve
    and suddenly something tells me I don't wanna leave
    my tears dry on the pavement, tears you let me shed
    yet I'm still waiting for you, even though I should have fled

chorus:
    I'm at your door, while the rain pours
    but all I feel is sore, from the love I want more
    you played my heartstrings, like they were your own set of wings
    you played my heartstrings, and your music just rings
    baby,you turned me to a hopeless soul that mourns
    but something keeps on on saying that I want more

verse 2:
    I've gone insane all through my veins
    yet your melody keeps me tied to chains
    waiting for some release thats never coming
    then theres that voice that tells me I'm staying
    I'm want you to love me because thats what I need
    but then they all say, you should have fled

chorus:
    baby, maybe you beat me to a hopeless soul

bridge/:
    you strummed my heart, like a guitar
    and I should have let you run far
    so you'd keep out of my heart
    yet I still let you play my heart,

chorus:
    baby, maybe you beat me to a hopeless soul

Outro:

you played my heartstrings
    even if it was wrong for me
    I let you play my heartstrings

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Here's my entry for round 1 :) Hope you like it :) x

We Might

We met,
    Our love still growing,
    Never knowing,
    Where we'll end up.

And we,
    Danced in the moonlight,
    I thought that we might,
    Go someplace where,

Chorus:
    The ocean waves brush,
    Up against us,
    As we lay in the sand together.
    The sun gazing down on us,
    Sparkling on the sea water,
    On your chest like starlight,
    And I thought that we might...

You said,
    Im your little dreamer,
    Always looking further,
    Know we'll go where

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    Now baby
    We're here,
    You're next to me,
    Holding me like you'll never let go.
    Saying that you'll
    Never leave me,
    Please don't ever let me go,
    I wanna be here not where

The ocean waves brush,
    Up against us,
    As we lay in the sand together.
    The sun gazing down on us,
    Sparkling on the sea water,
    On your chest like starlight,
    And now we're together the end is in sight,
    And I'm knowing where we'll go

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

RE: TaylorRose's Song Writing Competition!!

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Here's my round 1 entry :)

Overanalyzed

Busy times of the day
    Everyone always has a game to play
    Behind your back with their deceiving smiles
    It keeps going on for awhile

You give a look and it's unfair
    That your judged everywhere
    You just feel like you've been spied
    By the darkness in their eyes

Chorus
    You light a match and it turns into a raging flame
    In their eyes, your the one to blame
    And if you ever come of as a surprise
    Well, you're overanalyzed

Walking behind them all alone
    They can never make it feel like home
    You feel like you need to pay the price
    The question lingers all through the night

Indirectly playing mind games with you
    All your nightmares just shine through
    You do your best to turn things around
    But they just stand there, with there crowns

Repeat Chorus

To them there perfectly fine
    Cause hurt and confusion seems to take time
    You've stepped out of there little box of holiness
    And it was worthwhile, until it became this

Yeah, yeah you feel like you have to be inclined
    To now the feeling, or you'll be blind
    Everybody seems to have a place
    Oh, what a disgrace

Chorus
    You roll your eyes and it turns into a war
    All you do is fall into the floor
    And walk away, oh what a surprise
    You've been overanalyzed

Oh, what a surprise

Oh, oh

Your overanalyzed

made by dancingaroundallalone!

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

This Song Is Dedicated To My Best Friend (It's About Her)
    She;s Struggled Over The Last Few Years And A Couple Of Days Ago She Threw Her Razors Out After Finally Admitting In September That She Was Self Harming (I Already Knew)
    This Song Is Me Telling Her I'm By Her Side Every Step Of The Way And That I Love Her. Because I Do...So Much

Everything’s Gonna Be Alright

Capo 2

Verse One - Em – C – G – D
    You wouldn’t know her smile was fake if you were looking from the outside in
    You wouldn’t know her clothes aren’t purposefully baggy because she’s too thin
    You wouldn’t know that when she looks in the mirror she doesn’t see her reflection
    You wouldn’t know just by looking at her that’s she lost all sense of direction

Chorus C – G – Em – D
    All I wanna do is hug her and say everything’s gonna be alright
    All I wanna do is see her pretty smile that makes her blue eyes shine
    She thinks I don’t notice but I do
    And I want her to know I’ll help her through
    And I hope soon she’ll se e herself from a different point of view

Verse Two – Em – C – G – D
    She’s always late because she wants to look perfect
    She doesn’t realise she’s beautiful just as she is
    She blocks out the sound of traffic with her headphones
    I only wish they could block her thoughts that are being thrown at her like stones

Chorus C – G – Em – D
    All I wanna do is hug her and say everything’s gonna be alright
    All I wanna do is see her pretty smile that makes her blue eyes shine
    She thinks I don’t notice but I do
    And I want her to know I’ll help her through
    And I hope soon she’ll se e herself from a different point of view

Bridge – Am – C – Em – G
    I don’t wanna see a tear grace her cheeks
    And I wish the measure on the scale could just be deleted
    I don’t want her to listen to what other say
    I don’t want her to think she has to look that way
    To be pretty