Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

"Why you gotta be so Mean?"

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Meaning behind "Mean"
Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM By: x-kendall-x
Taylor swift created a bullying anthem called " Mean". she wrote Mean about, a critic who wrote nasty things about her. At an interview for her latest album, R.E.D., she talked about Mean. now the hit song, "Mean" helps kids all across the world to stand up to the bullies that try to push them around. Taylor swift even inspires young writers ( such as myself ) to write songs about their first love or breakup or even family ( songs like Mine, Dear john, and The best day ) If you have ever been bullied, tell your story at my new forum page, "why you gotta be so mean?" If you need help standing up to someone, ask me questions like the following;

1. Kendall, how do I say, leave me alone?
A: well ( name ) you could always say, " Leave me alone, you hurt my feelings and I don't like that. or, If you don't stop your nonstop bullying, I will go tell an adult and they will make you leave me alone.

But if the case is cyber bulling, thats another story. for cyber bulling, you have to keep the message on your phone, computer, etc. To show an adult or guardian. NEVER EVER DELETE THE MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If cyber bulling gets to serious, the police could get involved and you have to have evidence. I'm not saying that to scare you, but it's true. If you get nasty emails like the following;

( name ) you stink! You can't do ( least favorite activity ) you're sooooo bad at it! your really ugly to!
- unknown

well if you get something like that, TELL AN ADULT RIGHT AWAY! The reason I'm posting this is because, at my school, my friends and I created, " Bully Awareness System" to prevent things like the following happening;

your in school. You stand up to switch classes and go to your locker. Once in the other class, you sit in the front of the class. 2 girls are laughing at you because your shirt is halfway on your stomach. They start to spread rumors and when you walk by everyone laughs at you. Your best friend is always by your side but you still feel depressed. The 2 girls come up and start talking to you. " OMG pull down you shirt! Your a total dork! you wear glasses so one of the girls pushed your glasses up by the connecter. ( part between the glasses that holds the lenses ) They laugh and walk away. Then your best friend goes, " Hey! Don't make fun of my friend! You have no right and just because her stomach was showing you don't have to make fun of her!

you see, now the BFF finally stood up too the 2 girls ( bullies ) and stopped the rumors. Well Hope you join my club! This has been weekly Mean update!

x-kendall-
XXkendall

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: "Why you gotta be so Mean?"

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I think sarcasm is key in making bullies stop. Say something like "oh, I see, everyone will like you more if you torture me online and make me depressed and scared to come to school. I see how that works."
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Re: "Why you gotta be so Mean?"

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I am gonna join your club. Currently I am not being bullied, but in the past I have suffered intensely from it.
    TAYLOR FOREVER

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:50 AM

ok thaks! I'm sorry that you've been bullied. I have not and I intend to keep it that way.
    XXkendall

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Sarahhayes1313 wrote:
    I think sarcasm is key in making bullies stop. Say something like "oh, I see, everyone will like you more if you torture me online and make me depressed and scared to come to school. I see how that works."
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

agree !!

"if you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change..." - TS

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.