Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

New Info on Spammers Possibly?

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:49 AM

No, the Spammers aren't back everyone! PHEW! We have the lovely moderators and the behind-the-scenes crew of TC to thank for that! THANK YOU WE LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK. But, after looking at their posts yesterday, it appears to me that the Spammers posting about sports were not at all dangerous to our accounts. They were promoting a sports streaming website that the spammers probably had made. It may have been a way for them to make money, but it sure was annoying! As for the ones who were posting random letters...
I have no clue.

Anyways, TC is safe once again! YAY!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: New Info on Spammers Possibly?

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I think the ones just saying random letters were trying to be able to post new threads, because I think you need to post 10 comments before starting a new thread :) x
    I would be Enchanted if you friended me :)

Thanks to Calizzle4 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Thank goodness!!! Mods, you rock!

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:53 AM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    I think the ones just saying random letters were trying to be able to post new threads, because I think you need to post 10 comments before starting a new thread :) x

Really? That may be it...Good theory! I would never have thought of that LOL

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Ah, actually, the guys doing random letters wouldnt be doing that for the 10 comments thing as yeah...they MADE threads....and...a thread isnt a comment...but they could be doing it to create threads for spammers to spam/comment on to get their posts up :/ :P :) x

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:00 AM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    Ah, actually, the guys doing random letters wouldnt be doing that for the 10 comments thing as yeah...they MADE threads....and...a thread isnt a comment...but they could be doing it to create threads for spammers to spam/comment on to get their posts up :/ :P :) x

Okay yeah that makes more sense...

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Yay well that's good! ;) I honestly don't know why they would spam the Taylor swift forum instead of spamming a bigger website like reddit or something..... :P

1. WhenYouKissMeICouldDie 2. Me :)

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

yay!

1&4:me 2: Kathryn 3: Autumn Leaves Falling

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:23 AM

YAY! THANK YOU MODERATORS!
    I Spoke Now on August 27, 2011

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:28 AM

fearlessforever13 wrote:
    Yay well that's good! ;) I honestly don't know why they would spam the Taylor swift forum instead of spamming a bigger website like reddit or something..... :P

Yeah, I know...Kinda weird, huh? Maybe they just randomly spammed a bunch of websites with a lot of following, aka stars' websites. My friend said there has been spamming on Justin Bieber's fanclub but no one is doing anything about it

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:34 AM

^^ huh....

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM

thank god! i really didn't like being directed to a spammers website while trying to talk!!
    Swiftie, Potterhead, Mockingjay, OneRepublican :)

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Good to know! :)

Credit To FIXMYHEART

Made By SWIFTLYFEARLESS13

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Safe? No. They just banned the current ones but they'll be back in a couple days. It's not the spammers that you have to worry about though. It's the trolls, especially the trolls you don't realize.

RE: New Info on Spammers Possibly?

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Yeah, spammers are fairly harmless, just very annoying! They can only really cause harm if you click on a link that they post because it might not go to a website that you can trust to be safe.

Another theory about the random letters spam - maybe someone was testing the TC defences? It's good to see that the spam this time wasn't as widespread as the sports spam from about a month ago, which gives me faith that our moderating team is working hard and fast to sort things out whenever something like this happens.

Thanks again Elysia for keeping everyone informed, I think we can now officially relax again until next time :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.