Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

parent problems :'(

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Ok so lat night my friend stayed the night and my room got messy, and she left before we could clean it up. And my parents came into my room today and my mom told freaked out yelling at me about it. She said since I couldn't take care of anything so I wasn't gonna get anything for Christmas. She sounded REALLY serious about it. Now I'm really SUPER worried:(

Credit to Kate (ThroughTheFreeFall)

credit to LikeAPerfectRhyme!:)
THE FLAWLESS ANYTHING (BEAUTIFULTRAGEDY) MADE ME T

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: parent problems :'(

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Clean your room and tell her how sorry u are and explain everything to her. I'm sure she didn't mean it and was just really angry.

[/url[/signature]

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM

clean ur roomand tell her u r sorry. write her an apoligy

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:17 PM

The truth is she probably wasn't serious. BUT, I would suggest this:
    Make sure you are on your best behavior. Apologize to her and clean up your room. Most importantly, have a talk with her. Explain your side of the story (respectfully) and make sure you understand hers. Do your best not to get angry, and she'll do the same.
    I hope it all works out!

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClaireEvelynMusic

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM

getting stuff for Christmas is not a reason to clean your room... I mean it's your space... you should do it because is the right thing to do... not for the gifts .... if your parents really want to give you something, they will give it to you because they want you to be happy, don't use a date to do things that are gonna affect the relationship with your parents and besides are more days in the year to receive presents :) ... and next time tell your friend to help you to clean up before s/he leaves, those are good friends ... :D

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:33 PM

You should clean the mess and then show it to your mom. And you say to her : " Momma, I'm so sorry about this. It won't happen again. I promise. Can you forgive me ? ".

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Tell her that you're sorry and clean your room!!!
    I'm sure she'll come around!!

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 3:25 AM

She could be upset about something else and seeing your room like that made her 'flip'.
    Clean it up, apologize for not cleaning it up sooner, then ask her if anything else is bothering her. she might need to talk to someone.

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Wow um...that's kinda harsh! I suggest cleaning up your room, and then going to have a talk with her. First, hear her side and don't appear like her side is wrong. Really think about her side. Then give her your side and apologize and say you didn't know how upset it would make her, and then the Christmas remark kind of scared you.

She loves you very very much, so don't worry :)

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM

ArieTSA wrote:
    She could be upset about something else and seeing your room like that made her 'flip'.
    Clean it up, apologize for not cleaning it up sooner, then ask her if anything else is bothering her. she might need to talk to someone.

^This. Your mom was probably overly tired or something else was bothering her. She may very well feel badly that she exploded at you like that, so if you clean your room and apologize to her, that will mean a lot. It will also give her a good opening to apologize to you. Good luck!
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Parents say a lot of things they don't mean when they are angry. My cousins parents always say SO much that never happens. Don't worry about it! What I would do is tell her you are sorry and clean up your bedroom. She will be okay I'm sure :)
    8.29.09 3.19.10 10.26.10 8.6.11 10.13.11 11.21.11

"I think things get better, and I think that good things come back around, and I think that things change" -Taylor Swift

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM

You should clean your room, tell her that you're sorry, and also tell her what happened so she doesn't just think that you distroyed your room for NO reason.

I love you, Evann

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM

In the heat of the moment, anyone can and will say just about anything. I doubt she'll actually go through with it. Just clean your room, apologize, maybe even do something nice for her like cleaning the living room or baking her cookies. Give her time, she'll cool off and come around.

Banner credit goes to cloudnine

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.