Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Girl Talk!

Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 2:33 PM

And like, why are makeup brushes so expense?

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 9:40 AM

Swifties Go One Direction wrote:
    And like, why are makeup brushes so expense?

I wish I knew that myself.

With that being said, I feel like you don't need to spend a ton of money on makeup brushes. For me I just want them to have soft bristles that won't irritate my skin.

Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Painted one finger nail, realised I hate nail varnish and now I have just a random nail painted

Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:22 AM

TayTayTay wrote:
    Painted one finger nail, realised I hate nail varnish and now I have just a random nail painted

i want to know how cosmetic companies even sell enough nail polish.. besides my toes and professional use i've never witnessed nail polish that's not chipped within a few days... which is a sham bc i like to have mine painted most of the time

Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:23 AM

SomeFearlessChick wrote:
    TayTayTay wrote:

i want to know how cosmetic companies even sell enough nail polish.. besides my toes and professional use i've never witnessed nail polish that's not chipped within a few days... which is a sham bc i like to have mine painted most of the time

i was about to correct that to shame but then i realised it makes sense either way

Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:43 PM

I am really nervous right now because I got a call from a hair salon (in response to my call to them) reguarding prom and they said to call back, but I think they are probably booked by now because they called a couple days ago and I missed it. I have no talent with styling hair so I am praying that they have an open slot.

Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:49 AM

TayTayTay wrote:
    i relate to this on a spiritual level

Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 8:35 PM

I think that my parents and I will travel and go into the capital city of the province that I live in on Friday this week (since I have the day off from school - a day where there's no school), and we'll look at dress stores while we're there since I still need to get a dress for my high school graduation (that's in June of this year). I really hope that I find a dress that looks okay or good on me and I hope that it doesn't take too long to look in the dress store(s). I can imagine that I'll feel discouraged and annoyed as usual while shopping in stores because of course I don't love my body at all, but I hope that I find a dress that I like and that looks okay or good on me. It would be a nice change to feel nice or pretty in something (like a dress). If I don't find a dress when we go to look in dress store(s), I guess that I'll have to order one online because I found one online that I really like and is the type of dress that I want and would like to wear for my high school graduation. I just worry about ordering a dress online and giving measurements because what if they aren't right and what if the dress doesn't fit right? I don't want my dress that I get and order to be too tight on me, but if I give the company exact measurements the dress might be tight? I don't know what to do. I just hope that things work out for me with getting a dress for my high school graduation in June of this year.

I also hope that my dad goes somewhere else possibly to look while my mom and I are in a dress store and when I try dresses on possibly. I'd feel awkward as it is showing my mom dresses that I'd try on since I'm not really a girly girl and I'm more of a girl who's "tomboy-ish" in a way, and I'd feel even more awkward if my dad were to be there when I'd try dresses on as well. Males don't know much about dresses, so I think that it would be better if my dad looks somewhere else in the city while my mom and I look in dress store(s). I think that he was talking about seeing someone he knows who lives there while we're there, so hopefully he'll see whoever he wants to see in the city while my mom and I look in dress store(s).

I think that we might get to go to the zoo again too while we're there on Friday!!! I last got to go to the zoo in the city (and I think the first time that I got to go there) was in March of last year and I really wanted to go back to the zoo last summer but I guess that I didn't get to. So it would be nice if I could get to go to the zoo this Friday again, because I love that zoo and I love seeing different animals, and I love the gift shop(s) there as well, etc.. After talking to my parents though, they seem to think that we won't have time to go to the zoo this time, but oh well. I definitely want to go this summer to the zoo at least again because there'll be a cool dinosaur exhibit (with animatronic dinosaurs I believe) that will be open at the zoo this summer (by late May of this year) as well...

I don't know how much time we'll have to look in the city but hopefully the dress shopping and looking for a dress doesn't take too long, so that we can look in other stores and possibly go to the zoo as well. I should think realistically that it may take at least 2 hours to look in a dress store(s), but I hope that it doesn't take longer than 3 hours. I'm a person who has a hard time with choosing things and choosing something when there's different options (especially with something like looking at hundreds of different beautiful dresses), but think that while looking at dress store(s) I would be more streamlined with my decisions and choosing because I want to try to find a dress that I look okay or good in but I don't want to take too long. I don't know how many dresses there would be with the neckline that I want either (a high neckline), but hopefully there are just a few dresses in the category of the dress that I'm looking for and then hopefully I really like one of the dresses and then that will hopefully be the dress that I'll get/buy to wear for my high school graduation in June...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I find a dress on Friday in a dress store that I like and that hopefully looks okay or good on me...

Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:23 PM

SomeFearlessChick wrote:
    TayTayTay wrote:

They sell enough nail varnish because idiots like me buy bottles and bottles of the stuff even though they hate having their nails painted

Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Yesterday was just confusing and a bit of a waste of time. My parents and I went into another city (the capital city of the province that I live in) to try to find a dress for my high school graduation in June and I didn't end up coming home with a dress. I honestly felt stupid going in and looking in different dress stores and trying a few dresses on. Of course I knew that I'd feel insecure and inadequate as usual while trying on dresses and I'm not as skinny as other girls are (I wish that I was skinny). My mom and I probably went into like at least 8 different bridal/formal wear stores yesterday and it was quite tiring kind of...I think I tried on maybe 6 dresses in between/at the different dress stores and I didn't really feel good in any of them and they weren't really what I was looking for, so I didn't end up coming home with a dress for my high school graduation in June. I kept thinking about and going back to the dress that I found online that I really like, and so I think that we decided that we'll probably order the dress that I found online for my dress to wear to my high school graduation in June. I just felt so awkward going into so many different dress stores and trying a few different dresses on. I probably looked stupid and terrible in most of the dresses that I tried on yesterday in different dress stores. And the bad thing about me and my parents going to look at and try on dresses for my high school graduation this year at this time of the year is that what they have left in the dress stores is what you can only look at. I guess that the women who worked at the dress stores said that they stopped ordering dresses for people in January so that there would be enough time to get them in and ready for customers still. I thought that was a lie honestly, and even when my mom and I were in a store in like November or December of last year and she saw a woman we know and she talked to us and talked about graduation dresses and said that we shouldn't look at graduation dresses any later than January of this year. That's honestly pathetic that they need that early of a cut off date for ordering graduation dresses and it shouldn't take that long to make a dress. Like really? I could maybe see March as being the cut off date so that there's like 3 months until the date that a dress would be needed for a certain customer (or customers). Something that I was surprised about while trying to shop for a graduation dress was that all of the dresses that I tried had built-in undergarments (on the top part of the dress). I had no idea if they would have built-in undergarments (on the top part of the dress) or not since I've never been dress shopping before (and I've searched about that on 'Google' but there wasn't really an answer), so it was a relief when all of the dresses did have built-in undergarments (on the top part of the dress) because it made it a lot easier to wear the dress(es). Also, something else that I was surprised about while trying to shop for a graduation dress was that I didn't really find the type of style that I liked on the dress that I found online, which kind of surprised me. I thought that someone else online here on 'Taylor Connect' said that it was a popular style with the style of the top of the dress in particular (when I posted a picture of the dress that I found online that I liked)...But most of the dresses that I saw in the different dress stores all mostly had a strapless top or a top with smaller type of straps or some had somewhat of the same style of the top of the dress that I was looking for but it was more of an illusion neckline and it showed more skin that I liked, so there really was no dress that I saw in any of the dress stores that I really liked...Believe me, there were tons of pretty dresses in the different dress stores, but there just wasn't one that I seemed to really really like and thought that it was the one. But there was actually one dress in a store in the mall called 'The Bay' that had a fairly small selection of graduation dresses and there was one dress that was really pretty and was gold and had nice detailing on it, but it was strapless so I didn't like the top of it because I didn't want a dress that was strapless (I wanted a dress that had a high neckline of sorts). There was one dress in one store (one of the last stores that we went into) where I tried on two dresses kind of like the style of dress that I was looking for and I kind of felt awkward in the second one that I tried on. When I came out of the dressing room and when the woman was tying up the back for me, my mom kind of cried a little I guess (which made me feel even more awkward haha). Both of the dresses were kind of blue colors, but I was kind of hoping for a red or green dress, and I also didn't really like the top (straps) of the dress that my mom cried while seeing me in, so that's kind of why I didn't feel totally sold on the dress that I had tried on (I didn't really like the top and the straps of the dress). It was a nice dress but for some reason I just didn't really really like it, but my mom seemed to like it and said that it looked really nice on me and fit me perfectly or something like that. I saw myself in it in the mirror but I still felt fat and I could see all of my flaws as usual. The woman was likely trying to get us to buy the dress to get a sale because she said something about the dress looking very good on me and saying it was like a perfect fit and all of that, etc., but I just didn't seem to like it that much for some reason...And so yes, I seem to keep going back to thinking about the dress that I like that I found online...I just worry about the dress that I would order online fitting right on me and looking okay, but if we give my measurements (for it to be custom made, like they usually do and make dresses on that website I guess), it should fit pretty well I guess. I want to get like spanx shorts things to wear under my dress too since I could get help with my stomach region haha (I also need help with my thighs area too, but I don't know if I can help that area of my body with spanx type of stuff haha). I aleo worry about the quality of the dress that I would order online since today I actually looked on 'Google' and searched for reviews for the dress website and some reviews said that their dresses were horrible and weren't of good quality, but some reviews said that the dresses were of nice quality, etc.. So after reading those reviews from different people, I got worried about what the dress would be like that I'm thinking about ordering online. But my mom and dad said that reviews are different and experiences won't always be the same with products that are ordered online from different websites/brands/etc.. So I hope that the quality of the dress that I would order online would be okay and good...It just worries me to order a dress online, but oh well, it's my last resort to order a dress online since I couldn't find a dress with the type of style that I really like (like the one that I found online) in any dress store(s) that I looked in yesterday unfortunately...

So anyways, yesterday kind of seemed like a waste of time since we went to so many different dress stores to look at graduation dresses in them and I didn't end up going home with a dress...We also didn't get to look at many other places in the city, which sucked...I definitely want to go back to the city sometime soon and look at different stores there and look at the zoo there too because I really want to go to the zoo there again. We only got to go to 'Ikea' to eat breakfast there, then we went to the mall in the city to see if there were graduation dress there for sale, then we went to many other dress stores even downtown in the city, then we went to 'Costco' to look around and to buy some things, and then we finally went to 'Old Navy' before we left the city because my mom wanted to look there (and she's also looking for some type of dress to wear to my high school graduation in June as well). But I'm just hoping that the whole graduation dress thing works out for me...I need to find/order a dress really soon because I'll need a dress for June (for my high school graduation). I think that we'll have to order the dress that I really liked that I saw online soon, and I need to get measured for the measurements for the dress that I'll get ordered...I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes okay with the whole graduation dress thing...

Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 9:37 PM

If anyone's interested, this is the dress that I think I will most likely get ordered for it to be my dress that I'll wear for my high school graduation in June (in the picture(s) below). I think that I'll get it ordered in a green color. I was thinking between either a red dress or a green dress, but I think that I decided on getting a green dress since it might be unique and green is also one of my favorite colors (or a color that I love) and it's also my high school's main color, so it fits well (it's a nice color choice I think in general too).

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 8:19 AM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    If anyone's interested, this is the dress that I think I will most likely get ordered for it to be my dress that I'll wear for my high school graduation in June (in the picture(s) below). I think that I'll get it ordered in a green color. I was thinking between either a red dress or a green dress, but I think that I decided on getting a green dress since it might be unique and green is also one of my favorite colors (or a color that I love) and it's also my high school's main color, so it fits well (it's a nice color choice I think in general too).

oh my gosh, that dress is GORGEOUS!!! i would def wear that to my prom this year. and yeah, green is a great idea! i also had a hard time choosing between red and green during my first prom but ended up choosing red and i REGRETTED IT.

_____

sig christabelle || me

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 10:48 AM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:

This dress is gorgeous, Callie. You'll look amazing in it. I love how modest it is, yet elegant. It's perfect.

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 7:40 PM

If anyone's interested, I actually did end up ordering this dress for my high school graduation in June (in the picture(s) below). I got my measurements of/for my body today and put it in for the dress to be custom made for my measurements and I chose the green color for the dress as well. My mom and I just ordered this dress about an hour or less ago, so I guess that it's exciting haha. I just feel nervous about how it will fit and look on me, so I hope that everything will work out. I feel nervous about the quality of it as well since I read greatly varying reviews about the website that I found this dress for sale on, but I'm hoping for the best and I really hope that everything goes okay and works out with this whole graduation dress thing for me. I think that this dress will get here in about a month or so, so hopefully it comes and gets here (where I live here in Canada) as soon as it possibly can...

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 8:08 PM

gavemeroses wrote:
    Oh my gosh, that dress is GORGEOUS!!! I would def wear that to my prom this year. And yeah, green is a great idea! I also had a hard time choosing between red and green during my first prom but ended up choosing red and I REGRETTED IT.

Thank you! I was thinking between if I wanted a red or green dress since red and green are like my favorite colors (it's usually hard for me to choose my favorite thing(s) between different things for choices haha), but I decided on green because I think that I really love green (I love red though too) and my high school's main color is green as well, so I thought that it kind of fit that I love the color green and my high school's main color is green (my high school's main color is a darker green, but oh well, since the color of my dress is in the same color range/scheme as my high school's main color - they're both a green color). I also think that choosing a green dress for myself may make it more unique since I don't think that many people would wear a green dress for something like a high school graduation (unless they like the color green, like me).

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 8:10 PM

(*Post continued from previous post since I got spam-filtered once again for posting a fairly long post. What else is new lol.*)

I actually saw a group earlier this afternoon on 'Facebook' somehow for another high school (in the city that I live in) for girls to share pictures of their graduation dresses that they were getting and going to wear, and then I searched for one for my high school and it ended up that there was already a group for sharing pictures of everyone's graduation dresses that I didn't know about, and I guess that no one invited me to it.....I joined it though since it was a private group and I got approved to join it by a girl that I know at my high school. I looked through the posts (pictures) that girls made for the dresses that they were going to wear for my high school's graduation this year and some of them are pretty but some of them are pretty plain. Honestly, most of them kind of are like darker colors or simple colors like black, white, or navy or something, which surprises me a little. I thought that people would wear more colors...But unfortunately or fortunately (I can see pros and cons to this), there is one other girl who posted a picture who is going to wear a green dress to my high school's graduation. The dress has a different type of style from my dress, but both of our dresses are green, so they're similar in that way (I don't know if our dresses will be the exact same color of green though, I don't think so, hopefully). It's unfortunate in a way that another girl had to get a green dress as well because I could've been unique in being the only one to wear a green dress to my high school graduation, but it's I guess fortunate in a way that another girl had to get a green dress as well because then I won't feel like I stick out in being the only one to wear a green dress (since I often worry about standing out and I'm constantly worried about what people think about me or what I'm wearing, due to my anxiety I guess).

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 8:11 PM

(*Post continued from previous post, still...*)

There are some red dresses as well, maybe only a few, but unfortunately, again, a girl had to get a dress that's kind of similar to the style of my dress...It's a nice dress, but it's pretty similar to mine in that it has a high neckline like mine, but it kind of has more floral details and it has a slit on one side of the dress and it also has a big part in the back that's just bare (her back is shown), so it's slightly different from my dress. But the other girl's dress is a bright red color like the color of the stock pictures of the style of dress that I'm going to order, so maybe it is good that I'm getting my dress in green because if I would've ordered it in red I might have a pretty similar dress to the other girl, which would've been disastrous I guess (to have pretty much the same dress as another girl) haha. I loved the floral details on the other girl's dress though...And on second thought, I don't think that someone could have the exact same dress as me unless they looked on the same website as me (where I ordered the dress from tonight), since I tried to back-search on 'Google' with the pictures of the stock pictures of the style of dress that I ordered I found that this dress is actually from the brand 'Alyce (Paris)' and it's a 2014 style I guess which surprised me! Maybe that's why I was surprised as to why there weren't really any dresses like this dress that I ordered in any dress stores that I looked in a few days ago in another city, since I thought that it was a popular style (as another member online here on 'Taylor Connect' suggested a while ago after I originally posted these stock pictures of this dress that I ordered in this thread a few months ago or so), so I guess that this style of dress might have been popular last year or two years ago, but I guess that it isn't really that popular of a style of dress this year... I also posted a few pictures of the dress (and a green swatch of the dress, to show what color the dress would be since the stock pictures of the dress were of the dress in red) that I ordered on the 'Facebook' group's wall and a few girls (like 7 or 8 girls) have liked my post so far, so that's good I guess...

Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 8:11 PM

demonsanddarling wrote:
    This dress is gorgeous, Callie. You'll look amazing in it. I love how modest it is, yet elegant. It's perfect.

Thank you so much, Maddie! That was nice of you to say. I hope that I'll look okay or good in this dress that I ordered tonight. I hope that my measurements that I did tonight are okay/alright too, but since it's custom made for my measurements, I guess that it should fit pretty well when I finally get the dress in the mail in like a month haha. And yes, I wanted something that was more modest and I wasn't comfortable with wearing a strapless or revealing dress, so when I found this dress online (which seems to be the only dress that I've seen so far like it), I loved it. I didn't know when I was looking at this dress online for the first time that I would like it this much and that I'd end up ordering it down the road (I think that I originally looked at this dress for the first time was a month or two months or so ago)...I also wanted something with some sparkles on it and this dress does have some sparkle detailing on it so that's good. The sparkle detailing on it is also kind of in a floral detailing/pattern, which is also nice. This dress is supposed to be made of chiffon and lace I guess. I think that this dress is very nice in my opinion and I feel excited that I got it ordered tonight but I also feel anxious and nervous for how it will fit and look on me, but I hope that everything goes okay and I hope that this dress will look okay or good on me once I finally get it in the mail.

Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 12:52 AM

I just really want a pair of dungarees. Why? I hated them when I was younger but now I'm apparently all about that.

Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:15 AM

ahhhhh I'm so happyyyy

there's a guy in my lifeeeeeee

he asked me to the 8th grade formal, gave me flowers, and the other day we went to the carnival together and he won me an inflatable ice cream cone!!!

sepia/me/spirit