Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Girl Talk!

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Daydreaming_WordsThatYouWhispered wrote:
    TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    I'm sorry but I might be bombarding this thread with pictures of discussions of (grad) dresses at times, but I think most girls like dresses haha.

I think that this is a pretty dress...I probably wouldn't wear it as a grad dress though.

EEE I LIKE THAT DRESS

I like it too! The floral print is pretty. I don't know if I should go for a pattern/print or more of a single color for my grad dress...I also like this dress that has a print on it as well (in the picture below).

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 10:15 PM

demonsanddarling wrote:
    TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    demonsanddarling wrote:
    TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    TayTayTay wrote:
    TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    I don't know when I should look for a grad dress. I never usually wear dresses, so I'm not used to wearing a dress. I know you have to order it ahead of time, but I'm nervous about trying them on because I probably wouldn't look good in a dress. And I wondered about if dresses usually have built-in bra things?

Dresses don't typically have built in bras but it depends which type of dress you go for.

I wish they would because it would be easier. I want a type of dress that covers the top part of your body and goes up to your neck. Kind of like this dress (in the picture below). But it would be a longer dress, and the sheer part may not be sheer...

Callie, you should definitely check out PromGirl. I got my formal dress from there and I love it and plan on wearing it to next year's formal dance at my school. They have a lot more than formal/prom dresses though. I'm sure you'd find one you like on there! You can filter it by price and color and such. I'm also pretty sure they ship to Canada as well as the United States, but I'm not absolutely positive.

I think that I've looked on that website a few times before...It's just that if you order it online, you don't know what it would look like on yourself... I don't even know what dress size I would be since I hardly wear dresses...Is your dress size usually the same as your jean/pant size?

Well, when I ordered the dress for formal, I just used the size guide. It was very accurate for me. I don't think it is the same as my jeans, but I don't quite remember what the size of my dress actually was. I understand what you mean though of not seeing yourself in it before buying it. My mom had the same worry about my formal dress.

Here's a picture of my dress if you're interested. I'm the one in black, my sister is in the peach colored dress. (Excuse my face, please. I thought I was smiling. I wasn't smiling.)

That's a nice dress for a plain/single-colored dress. I probably wouldn't wear one like that though because it has straps and I don't really like a lower neckline on a dress...

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 12:35 AM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    I'm sorry but I might be bombarding this thread with pictures of discussions of (grad) dresses at times, but I think most girls like dresses haha.

I think that this is a pretty dress...I probably wouldn't wear it as a grad dress though.

That is very nice! I love the silhouette it makes me think of this

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 12:40 AM

Have you looked at http://www.chichiclothing.com/ the dresses there are SO PRETTY OMG
    Like just loooooooook and this is only one I found quickly

RE: Girl Talk!

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:17 AM

@Callie - 'Coast' has loads of dresses in that sort of lace top style, and it's a great shop.

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:26 AM

Callie, you say you’re not girly, but everything discussed/posted here is sparkly, frilly, floral, draping, and/or flared, which is typically girly lol. To match more with your less girly style, you could go with something plain, but still kind of dressed up. Sometimes simplicity is better than being glamorous and flashy. Also, keep in mind shorter dresses are easier to move around and dance in and this is a party after all! Consider something like these (vastly different from what’s been suggested so far I know, but this event/these dresses immediately came to mind...excuse the weird lighting):

(good god you have no idea how long it took to find a photo where you can actually see the dresses and we’re not like on top of each other or piggy backing or just being generally stupid)

But yeah idk I personally would not go the princess-y route for a grad party. These kinds of dresses are more my go to for that type of occasion. More low key and not elaborate. That’s just me though.

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:27 AM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    @Callie - 'Coast' has loads of dresses in that sort of lace top style, and it's a great shop.

Urgh, the dresses on Coast are so darn drop dead gorgeous.

me||nia||me

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:35 AM

Callie, what about something like this?
    It's the sort of style you said you liked but slightly more casual.

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:45 PM

TheStarsThatShined13 wrote:
    TaylorSwiftFan wrote:

That is very nice! I love the silhouette it makes me think of this.

I like that dress that Taylor wore. I'd maybe like the dress (with the floral skirt print/pattern) that I posted a picture of if it had a black top part like the one in the picture of Taylor wearing the black and white dress. The picture of the dress (with the floral skirt print/pattern) that I posted has a halter-type top, which I don't really like (it ties at the neck)...And for the black and white dress in the picture that you posted of Taylor, I would probably want it to be longer (in length) as well...

But I do like the idea of a floral skirt print/pattern on a dress...I'd just like some sparkly things or sparkle on it...I'm still not sure what type of dress that I'd want for a grad dress, but I guess I'll have to try some on (at a store/stores) someday soon.

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:49 PM

TheStarsThatShined13 wrote:
    Have you looked at http://www.chichiclothing.com the dresses there are SO PRETTY OMG.
    Like just loooooooook and this is only one I found quickly.

13TSwizzle13 wrote:

Thank you, guys. I'll have to look at those two stores/websites. When I went to the url/link that Iona shared, it said that they have free worldwide delivery, which shocked me since I'm guessing both of the stores/websites that you guys shared are both based/located in the U.K....

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:53 PM

ALoveStory wrote:
    Callie, you say you’re not girly, but everything discussed/posted here is sparkly, frilly, floral, draping, and/or flared, which is typically girly lol. To match more with your less girly style, you could go with something plain, but still kind of dressed up. Sometimes simplicity is better than being glamorous and flashy. Also, keep in mind shorter dresses are easier to move around and dance in and this is a party after all! Consider something like these (vastly different from what’s been suggested so far I know, but this event/these dresses immediately came to mind...excuse the weird lighting):

(Good god you have no idea how long it took to find a photo where you can actually see the dresses and we’re not like on top of each other or piggy backing or just being generally stupid.)

But yeah idk I personally would not go the princess-y route for a grad party. These kinds of dresses are more my go to for that type of occasion. More low key and not elaborate. That’s just me though.

I know haha, I probably am really girly in what I like for dresses, etc....

I've thought about a shorter dress for my grad dress, but I think that most of the girls at the graduation banquets that they have wear long dresses. They aren't always elaborate but they wear longer dresses usually. So I think that I'd probably wear a longer-length dress too.

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:55 PM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    Callie, what about something like this?
    It's the sort of style you said you liked but slightly more casual.

That is pretty, but it's short in length and I would probably get a dress that's longer in length for my grad dress.

I'm also not sure about the color for my grad dress either. I was thinking about green or red because I love those colors, but some dresses don't come in many choices of colors...It's hard to think about what you want for a grad dress, and then to find one that you think is perfect for what you want...

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:57 PM

How do you get over a crush on your teacher?

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:57 PM

badforyourhealth wrote:

when he fucking knows about it...

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM

badforyourhealth wrote:
    badforyourhealth wrote:

When he fucking knows about it...

That would be a tough situation to be in...I'm sorry that I can't really help you with that or give you advice on that. I've kind of felt like that (had feelings) for a teacher at one point too but they went away kind of. Sometimes teachers (even if they're quite older than you) can seem attractive haha.

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 6:51 PM

I think that this is kind of the type of dress that I'm looking for (for my grad dress). I like how there's some sparkles/beading on the top part of the dress and I like how it goes up to the neck and is like a normal shirt kind of (in the top part). I would just like for it/my dress to maybe be in like a green color or a more red color (for the color that I want).

This is also kind of the type of dress that I'm looking for (for my grad dress). I like the green color. I know it's a bold color but I love the color green and it's also my high school's color (green) so it would suit my high school's colors/theme.

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 6:57 PM

i want them both XD

Nina

Silver

Arcelia

Arcelia

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM

They are so cute omg

Griffin

Callie

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 7:12 PM

honestly i just like dresses XD

Nina

Silver

Arcelia

Arcelia

Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Me too XD
    I like ball gowns that aren't appropriate for non famous people to wear...

Griffin

Callie