Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Girl Talk!

Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM

ALoveStory wrote:
    Ok UPDATE: I am wearing dress #2 to the event, but also keeping dress #1 and will wear that to something else!

So now the question is what am I doing with hair/accessories?

I think I’m leaning towards loosely curled hair instead of straight, but it’ll be super windy so I’m afraid it’ll fall out. And straight hair is “safer” in photos than curled hair with wind. So I’m not 100% sure yet, but yeah.

And as for accessories, I’ll either go with a) diamond & pearl studs and a matching necklace or b) dangling earrings and no necklace. Decisions, decisions…

I would recommend earrings with no necklace if you're going for the second dress. that dress itself is kinda flashy and doing all the bling may be overkill. Also recommend the loose curls :)

Arcelia

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:34 PM

Daydreaming_WordsThatYouWhispered wrote:
    ALoveStory wrote:
    Ok UPDATE: I am wearing dress #2 to the event, but also keeping dress #1 and will wear that to something else!

So now the question is what am I doing with hair/accessories?

I think I’m leaning towards loosely curled hair instead of straight, but it’ll be super windy so I’m afraid it’ll fall out. And straight hair is “safer” in photos than curled hair with wind. So I’m not 100% sure yet, but yeah.

And as for accessories, I’ll either go with a) diamond & pearl studs and a matching necklace or b) dangling earrings and no necklace. Decisions, decisions…

I would recommend earrings with no necklace if you're going for the second dress. that dress itself is kinda flashy and doing all the bling may be overkill. Also recommend the loose curls :)

Hm yeah I think I've pretty much decided on the loose curls. I'll take my chances with the wind I suppose.

And I brought both jewelry options back to school with me, so that's still to be determined! Thanks for all the advice :)

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I love talking about fashion its just I don't think most people like my fashion sense XD

Arcelia

RE: Girl Talk!

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM

On a similar vein to Kayla I'm in urgent need of some Christmas party dress advice (seriously, the return timeframe is running out).
    I like this dress because it gives the illusion of bigger hips than I actually have and makes me feel like Lucy Hale, but I have a few concerns.
    a) I have no idea how on earth to wear my hair/makeup with this
    b) I don't want to look like a Flamenco dancer

If there's anywhere to ensure brutal honesty it's from people on the internet, but please don't hate on me for the 700 shoe boxes underneath the bed. I am an addict.
    The minion wasn't my fault, either.

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:27 PM

I hate drama. I wish my college friends were still in high school with me... I miss them.

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 5:37 PM

my mom wants me to buy a dress. but ok honetly here i am a bigger girl who has curves but hates dresses and i cant ever find one that fits ok. ..... so yeah jeans and a nice shirt it is again.

Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:47 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    On a similar vein to Kayla I'm in urgent need of some Christmas party dress advice (seriously, the return timeframe is running out).
    I like this dress because it gives the illusion of bigger hips than I actually have and makes me feel like Lucy Hale, but I have a few concerns.

If there's anywhere to ensure brutal honesty it's from people on the internet, but please don't hate on me for the 700 shoe boxes underneath the bed. I am an addict.

How long is your hair now? If it's rather long and will distract from the frills of the dress, then I'd say put it in an updo just because you don't want it to be too busy-looking imo.

And overall, I think since there's quite a bit going on with the dress, hair/makeup shouldn't be overdone.

1. Moderator

RE: Girl Talk!

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 2:11 AM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:

Hey Audrey Hepburn! Methinks you need a bun of some description and a statement lip for a dash of colour.

2. Moderator

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Bought a corduroy skirt today. Finally completed my goal of recreating 4 year old Emma's wardrobe

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 10:25 AM

ALoveStory wrote:
    RachelLovesTaylor wrote:

How long is your hair now? If it's rather long and will distract from the frills of the dress, then I'd say put it in an updo just because you don't want it to be too busy-looking imo.

And overall, I think since there's quite a bit going on with the dress, hair/makeup shouldn't be overdone.
    SomeFearlessChick wrote:
    Hey Audrey Hepburn! Methinks you need a bun of some description and a statement lip for a dash of colour.
    Thanks guys.
    My hair seemed to think it was on HGH this year and is now mid-back length, however I am getting some of the length off and some layers in around the face this weekend. I like the sound of understated hair to go with this, but I'm definitely going with falsies lol.

Over all I'm just relieved nobody said I look like a (bad) Flamenco dancer. Thanks!

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:52 PM

So, I'm going to my cousin's wedding tomorrow and I have a bit of a problem: I don't know how to do my makeup!

Here's the dress I'm wearing (I'm going to wear a pair of tight stonewash skinny jeans underneath cos it's fricking cold in Chicago during winter! :-))

I dunno...should I go with understated neutral eyeshadow and popping lips (if so, which color? I'm torn between a nice crimson or a bright pink) or should I go with more of a smokey eye gray eyeshadow and maybe a coat of clear gloss on my lips?
    "And I know and I know
    that it doesn't feel like a night out with no-one sizing you up..
    I've never been so surreptitious
    so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch."

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Fall Out At The Disco With Twenty One Swifties wrote:
    So, I'm going to my cousin's wedding tomorrow and I have a bit of a problem: I don't know how to do my makeup!

Here's the dress I'm wearing (I'm going to wear a pair of tight stonewash skinny jeans underneath cos it's fricking cold in Chicago during winter! :-))

I dunno...should I go with understated neutral eyeshadow and popping lips (if so, which color? I'm torn between a nice crimson or a bright pink) or should I go with more of a smokey eye gray eyeshadow and maybe a coat of clear gloss on my lips?
    The outfit itself is very understated with a cosy chunky knit and jeans, so I would personally go with the neutral eyes and a bright lip. I don't know your complexion so I can't gauge a colour, but the bright pink sounds very lovely - something like Mac's Full Fuchsia.

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 6:32 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    Fall Out At The Disco With Twenty One Swifties wrote:

The outfit itself is very understated with a cosy chunky knit and jeans, so I would personally go with the neutral eyes and a bright lip. I don't know your complexion so I can't gauge a colour, but the bright pink sounds very lovely - something like Mac's Full Fuchsia.

Thanks so much!:-)

"And I know and I know

Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 12:47 PM

For those still interested, here’s an awkwardly cropped photo lol. Dress #2 styled with loose curls, strappy nude sandals, and the pearl & diamond necklace (+ earrings but you can’t see them in the picture)

From left to right: my ex lmao, myself, one of my best friends!

Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 2:06 PM

ALoveStory wrote:
    For those still interested, here’s an awkwardly cropped photo lol. Dress #2 styled with loose curls, strappy nude sandals, and the pearl & diamond necklace (+ earrings but you can’t see them in the picture)

You look so cute!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 2:33 PM

its snowing....i love snow so now it is time for sweaters lol

Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 2:40 PM

I love food????

Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 2:53 PM

ALoveStory wrote:

that looks really good on you and actually better fitted on you than the model in the original picture.

Arcelia

Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 6:08 PM

ALoveStory wrote:

That dress looks amazing on you! :-)
    "And I know and I know

3. Moderator

Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:52 AM

ALoveStory wrote:

Good choice!