Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Girl Talk!

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 5:56 AM

Also, almost bought glittery eyeliner today. I figure if I'm embracing 90s fashion I'm basically reverting to the 3 year old I was in 99 who was obsessed with glitter.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 8:27 AM

TayTayTay wrote:
    American folk, what cosmetics brands do you recommend? My friend has just moved to Kansas and is struggling

tbh I just get all my makeup from Target. Maybelline is good, I love their eyeshadow.

RE: Re: Girl Talk!

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 11:43 AM

SomeFearlessChick wrote:
    I've liked no one so far lmao I hate every guy that's showing up haha. And the ones who seem okay I'm too scared to like them lmao this is going to take some getting used to. I will probably delete it as well lol.

Just like everything
    Cast net wide, see what you pull in, chuck the bad fish back in the sea and keep the good catch

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 3:45 PM

TayTayTay wrote:
    American folk, what cosmetics brands do you recommend? My friend has just moved to Kansas and is struggling

Mac is incredibly popular here for just about everything except mascaras (many tend to just use drugstore mascaras in this case). Urban Decay has good ones too if you're going for a bit higher end than that. Also, Naked palettes for eyeshadows and Nars for some face products.

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM

TayTayTay wrote:
    Also, almost bought glittery eyeliner today. I figure if I'm embracing 90s fashion I'm basically reverting to the 3 year old I was in 99 who was obsessed with glitter.

I HAVE EYE SHIMMER EMMA

YOU AIN'T EVEN THERE XD

Arcelia

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM

TayTayTay wrote:

covergirlllll
    issss
    awesomeeeee

Arcelia

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 9:35 PM

As I get older I find that I somewhat enjoy fashion and mixing and matching different pieces of clothing, even though I wear mostly casual clothes. I didn't really care that much about clothes in the past, but fashion is like a way of expressing yourself I guess. I express myself on the front of my sweatshirts and hoodies and t-shirts haha. I also really love shoes and I'm the most experimental (kind of) in the shoes that I wear (I express myself through the shoes that I wear as well). It's like a stepping stone for experimenting with the actual larger clothing garments that you wear on your body (like shirts, pants, etc.).

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 11:25 PM

Bought a pair of burgundy ankle boots because I thought they were pretty, but now not quite sure what to wear with them...

Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 11:33 PM

ALoveStory wrote:
    TayTayTay wrote:

Mac is incredibly popular here for just about everything except mascaras (many tend to just use drugstore mascaras in this case). Urban Decay has good ones too if you're going for a bit higher end than that. Also, Naked palettes for eyeshadows and Nars for some face products.

See we have these brands (and ones in other posts too except CoverGirl) but we weren't sure if they were going to be like different formulations and therefore different products in the states, you know? Will pass on the recs tho

Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 1:38 PM

being told not to wear steampunk cuz you'd stand out too much )):

Arcelia

Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:23 PM

My stomach hurts quite a bit right now... :/ I'm holding a heating bag that is warmed up right now...Sometimes I think about it, like I don't even want kids since I cannot stand them, so why do I need to go through this?

Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Ok where to start... its been a year since I last logged in I think, and SO much has happened since then OMG!!! I know nobody will read or respond to this but I just want to write it all down because it's exciting and I'm bored haha.
    Ok, so I moved to an American military base in Italy and I made friends at my new school pretty quickly. There was this girl, I'll call her K, who was a junior. She was dating a sophomore boy, I'll call him M. K hung out with some of my friends, so we were friends by default. She ate lunch with us sometimes and hung out with her boyfriend after she got done eating. I never got too close with her, but she did tell a lot of personal stories about her struggle with her weight and her insecurities. The first semester she was deeply in love with M and M was head over heels for her, too. But then the second semester started and it didn't seem the same... K went on a trip to see her old buddies and on instagram she posted some pictures and videos dancing with other boys. Still, nobody thought anything of it.
    On the other hand, I got to know M a little better since he was in my PE class. We didn't really talk that much, I just kinda admired from afar. I remember thinking he was SUPER cute and very sweet! So I developed a small crush on M. Well actually it was a big crush on M. But I didn't say anything to my friends since K was dating M and that wouldve been wrong. I mostly ignored it. Until one day K was telling a story to my friends about how she kissed a couple of other boys on the trip. My friends were a little shocked and so after K left, one of them decided to tell M about it. Which I obviously supported, because I liked M, but also because nobody deserves to be in a relationship where one partner cheats. Also, K was very rude to M and she would call him stupid and lazy right in front of his face. So after he found out, M was so pissed that he didn't talk to her for three whole days. She managed to win him over after talking to him. But then she cheated AGAIN so M broke up with K. And about one week later, K got into a different relationship.
    So, this was my time to shine. I waited about a month and a half to make any move because I'm a coward haha. But anyway! We mostly just made small talk and I didn't really know if he was into me. So on the last day of school he was asking people to sign his yearbook, and he asked me! So I wrote my phone number in there, and ran away before he could see it and about two days later he texted me! We texted for about two weeks and he asked me to hang out on the fourth of july. It was super awkward and I was shy, but he asked me out again anyway to a movie. It was Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, it was SO INAPPROPRIATE!! I couldn't believe he asked me to see that movie I do NOT recommend it lol. After the movie he apologized profusely and he felt so guilty! We ended up just laughing it off. Then another time he asked me if I wanted to make it official and to go out with him. So I said yes! He's pretty much the first boy ive really dated. He will probably be my first kiss, first boy I introduce to my family, etc. I really hope I didn't just jinx it.... AH. But he is so sweet and cute and funny and we have so much in common! But at the same time I'm scared to have feelings for him because I know love does stupid things to people and I don't want to get my heart broken. I'm going to try to be logical. I know high school relationships are stupid and don't last and I probably sound super naive and silly. Im sorry I just really like him AHHHH. Also, I'm terrified that K will hunt me down and kill me. What if she accuses me of stealing him from her? Because I didn't, I even waited a month and a half before talking to him! I hope she isn't angry at me. She does wrestling and she could probably pin me to the ground. She's like three times my size. And I'm super weak so I couldn't defend myself! But I might be overthinking it. I mean, she has a boyfriend so she shouldn't care!
    Ok sorry for the rant, I don't think any of you care

I'm here.
    If you need to stay up,
    Crying all night long,
    I will stay with you.
    There's nothing you can ever do
    To lose my love.

Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 7:17 AM

hey you welcome back! glad to hear an awesome update

Arcelia

Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 7:21 AM

Yeah sorry about not going on here... Im not going to make any promises since I kind of keep forgetting I have an account on this website haha! :)

I'm here.
    If you need to stay up,
    Crying all night long,
    I will stay with you.
    To lose my love.

Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:15 AM

I Remember Your Blue Eyes wrote:
    Yeah sorry about not going on here... Im not going to make any promises since I kind of keep forgetting I have an account on this website haha! :)

I'm here.
    If you need to stay up,
    Crying all night long,
    I will stay with you.
    To lose my love.

oh its alright its just nice to see you back for a little while :)

Arcelia

Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 9:24 AM

I Remember Your Blue Eyes wrote:
    Ok where to start... its been a year since I last logged in I think, and SO much has happened since then OMG!!! I know nobody will read or respond to this but I just want to write it all down because it's exciting and I'm bored haha.
    Ok, so I moved to an American military base in Italy and I made friends at my new school pretty quickly. There was this girl, I'll call her K, who was a junior. She was dating a sophomore boy, I'll call him M. K hung out with some of my friends, so we were friends by default. She ate lunch with us sometimes and hung out with her boyfriend after she got done eating. I never got too close with her, but she did tell a lot of personal stories about her struggle with her weight and her insecurities. The first semester she was deeply in love with M and M was head over heels for her, too. But then the second semester started and it didn't seem the same... K went on a trip to see her old buddies and on instagram she posted some pictures and videos dancing with other boys. Still, nobody thought anything of it.
    On the other hand, I got to know M a little better since he was in my PE class. We didn't really talk that much, I just kinda admired from afar. I remember thinking he was SUPER cute and very sweet! So I developed a small crush on M. Well actually it was a big crush on M. But I didn't say anything to my friends since K was dating M and that wouldve been wrong. I mostly ignored it. Until one day K was telling a story to my friends about how she kissed a couple of other boys on the trip. My friends were a little shocked and so after K left, one of them decided to tell M about it. Which I obviously supported, because I liked M, but also because nobody deserves to be in a relationship where one partner cheats. Also, K was very rude to M and she would call him stupid and lazy right in front of his face. So after he found out, M was so pissed that he didn't talk to her for three whole days. She managed to win him over after talking to him. But then she cheated AGAIN so M broke up with K. And about one week later, K got into a different relationship.
    So, this was my time to shine. I waited about a month and a half to make any move because I'm a coward haha. But anyway! We mostly just made small talk and I didn't really know if he was into me. So on the last day of school he was asking people to sign his yearbook, and he asked me! So I wrote my phone number in there, and ran away before he could see it and about two days later he texted me! We texted for about two weeks and he asked me to hang out on the fourth of july. It was super awkward and I was shy, but he asked me out again anyway to a movie. It was Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, it was SO INAPPROPRIATE!! I couldn't believe he asked me to see that movie I do NOT recommend it lol. After the movie he apologized profusely and he felt so guilty! We ended up just laughing it off. Then another time he asked me if I wanted to make it official and to go out with him. So I said yes! He's pretty much the first boy ive really dated. He will probably be my first kiss, first boy I introduce to my family, etc. I really hope I didn't just jinx it.... AH. But he is so sweet and cute and funny and we have so much in common! But at the same time I'm scared to have feelings for him because I know love does stupid things to people and I don't want to get my heart broken. I'm going to try to be logical. I know high school relationships are stupid and don't last and I probably sound super naive and silly. Im sorry I just really like him AHHHH. Also, I'm terrified that K will hunt me down and kill me. What if she accuses me of stealing him from her? Because I didn't, I even waited a month and a half before talking to him! I hope she isn't angry at me. She does wrestling and she could probably pin me to the ground. She's like three times my size. And I'm super weak so I couldn't defend myself! But I might be overthinking it. I mean, she has a boyfriend so she shouldn't care!
    Ok sorry for the rant, I don't think any of you care

I'm here.
    If you need to stay up,
    Crying all night long,
    I will stay with you.
    To lose my love.

Congratulations! I'm glad you're happy!
    You're beautiful every little piece love

Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 9:31 AM

ALoveStory wrote:
    Bought a pair of burgundy ankle boots because I thought they were pretty, but now not quite sure what to wear with them...
    The summer before last I was on a mission to find some burgundy ankle boots similar to Taylor's sold out pair from Rag & Bone, but came up empty handed. So many fantastic outfit ideas gone to waste :(
    My pain is your pleasure. Hope this helps!

Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 12:19 PM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    ALoveStory wrote:
    The summer before last I was on a mission to find some burgundy ankle boots similar to Taylor's sold out pair from Rag & Bone, but came up empty handed. So many fantastic outfit ideas gone to waste :(
    My pain is your pleasure. Hope this helps!

Thank you! Have I told you you're the best co-host ever

RE: Girl Talk!

Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 7:45 AM

I've never been much of a MAC girl but I've bought a couple of their brushes on a whim and have to admit I could be a convert.

Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 7:32 PM

TayTayTay wrote:

Nyx and Elf

| Nina | Me |