Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Natural Beauty

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I prefer natural beauty- to feel comfortable with who you are without the need to wear makeup. Does anyone else feel this way, too?

I'm seventeen and I've only really worn makeup a few times (when my host sister forced me to...). I wear foundation now because I have terrible acne that I've been fighting since I was nine, but I try to use it sparingly and I freak out about people finding out that I wear it.

The last guy I went on a date with said that the fact that I didn't wear makeup was one of the things that he liked about me- that I didn't need to hide who I am.

I don't dislike makeup on other people- I think that it does make people look nicer and I am in no way against it, I just prefer to live in my own skin.
Message me if you want a graphic :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Natural Beauty

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I think what you're doing is great for a girl your age. I agree that young women especially don't always have to wear make-up, and shouldn't give into that pressure.

Unfortunately, what you'll find in our culture (and here I'm assuming that you're living in the U.S.) is that the work world just plain expects women to wear make-up for the most part. So while I go most days when I'm not working sans make-up, I do wear some when I am working. I used to try to go without all of the time, but I found that it really affected what doors opened to me work-wise. It shouldn't, but it does. As you get older, therefore, you'll have to assess all of that for yourself and find a balance that seems right for you.

Yes, though, I agree that a lot of girls and women look perfectly fine without any make-up at all.
    Illinois Country Fan

Thanks to Cali for the graphics!

RE: Natural Beauty

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Agreed!!!!! :)

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Agreed! I don't like wearing make up - it's uncomfortable and unneeded - also my crush prefers girls who don't wear make up :) x
    I would be Enchanted if you friended me :)

Thanks to Calizzle4 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I agree, everyone should just be natural! :)
    But, I do wear makeup. Just top eyeliner and mascara, I think it's fun to use and it does enhance features, which I love, but I'm definitely not an eyeshadow/foundation type of person.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I totally agree! I mean, I like a little foundation, lipstick, and mascara once in a while, but natural is so pretty!
    I Spoke Now on August 27, 2011

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

i think that's wonderful
    follow your dreams and be different every day:)
    be like a book ,open up and enjoy
    and always smile ,laugh,dream and love
    smiles
    mia

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I think that's great you go natural! I do wear a bit of makeup myself, but not much. I think it's wonderful in enhancing your features but not covering them up.
    This night is sparkling....don't you let it go.

Like ever.

xx Signe

RE: Natural Beauty

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I think it is all about what makes you feel comfortable. I think it's great that you are comfortable in your own skin! I actually didn't wear makeup (except for on a few occasions) until I graduated high school. Part of the reason was because I was just too lazy to wake up earlier than thirty minutes before my bus arrived each morning for school so I really didn't have time for make up lol Another part was because I felt weird wearing makeup. I wear make up practically every day now, the main reason is because it helps me to look closer to my age. People have always thought I was way younger than I am. So I started wearing makeup when I was 18 because being mistaken for a 13 or 14 year old when you're in college is really annoying. I don't try to look older but it helps me to look closer to my age. I feel more comfortable in makeup but I'm not the type of girl that freaks out if anyone sees me without make up. I can't stand it when girls wear so much makeup it looks like they are wearing a mask.I'm all about natural looking makeup, I don't want to look like a different person when I'm wearing makeup compared to when I'm not.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I agree with you all the way!!!!! I'm 14 years old be 15 this year, I never had wear makeup at all and my own dad told me that i am getting to look like my mom and there's nothing to be scare of...

I think every single girl right now starting at a their teenage year being 12...We all don't need to hide behind makeup...For those who wear makeup..I think y'all look amazing..

(We don't need to hide behind makeup, We have beautiful skin)

used to be lovetwilightx

Av & Siggie by me

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I totally agree with you! I'm also 17 and I almost never where makeup if I do it's only mascara. I wish more teenagers wouldn't wear it so much I love that you are speaking out for this =)

[/

Siggy made by cerulean

[/ [url=http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/aliceinwonderland39/tumblr_m8rw7xevd51r5v48co1_500.gif]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/aliceinwonderland39/tumblr_m8rw7xevd51r5v48co1_500.gif[/url][/signature]

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 6:14 AM

I've never worn makeup in my life. My mom said that I can wear some when I turn 16, I think, but I dunno how much I'll want to wear. xD
    But yes, I agree. Besides, real beauty is on the inside. (;

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Believe me, what makes every girl beautiful is the ability to feel comfortable in their own skin, whether they wear makeup or not. If a girl is at complete peace with who she is and how she feels inside and out, then that is when their natural beauty truly shines. It's how you feel that makes you beautiful, not how others perceive you. I am 23 and aside from a couple of proms and one wedding, I never wear makeup, and I feel at complete peace with myself.
    "It's got vanilla, and amber and freesia. Also, notes of peach, and, and also raspberry." - Taylor on Wonderstruck

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I agree! It's good to not be overly concerned about your looks!

Thank you to the fabulous Bea and HoldingMyBreath for these signatures :)

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I'm almost 20 and I never wear make up except for some occasions. I didn't even wear make up for my senior photo in high school. So I don't want to be one of those girls who cares so much on looking perfect every single second.

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM

i cant wear anything but shockingly the natureluxe gloss balm or else my face swells up and turns as red as a tomato lol!

creds 2 madeofstarlight13 for the second graphic:)

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

JTMASTER13 wrote:
    Believe me, what makes every girl beautiful is the ability to feel comfortable in their own skin, whether they wear makeup or not. If a girl is at complete peace with who she is and how she feels inside and out, then that is when their natural beauty truly shines. It's how you feel that makes you beautiful, not how others perceive you. I am 23 and aside from a couple of proms and one wedding, I never wear makeup, and I feel at complete peace with myself.
    "It's got vanilla, and amber and freesia. Also, notes of peach, and, and also raspberry." - Taylor on Wonderstruck

I agree besides applying makeup is a hassle for me so I pretty much go without it.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM

i dont think it's bad to wear foundation on a regular basis, but i dont think someone should feel like they NEED to wear eyeliner or mascara or anything like that. the only time i wear eye makeup is when im doing a talent show or anything like that.

"Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people through rocks at things that shine."

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I agree :) Make up makes me more self concious cos Im always sccared people will notice :/ I wear make up on special occasions when I want to stand out or look better but the guy I like hates make up so... :P :) x

All by me :) x

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.