1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Stage Fright

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Hi Swifties! Okay, tonight I have my school's Talent Show. I am singing the duet "I Feel Pretty/Unpretty" with my best friend Bridget. "I Feel Pretty/Unpretty" is a mash-up of "I Feel Pretty" from the musical "West Side Story" and "Unpretty" is by TLC. The mash-up version was done by the T.V show Glee, season 2 episode 18 "Born This Way" by Quinn and Rachel. I am singing the Quinn part and Bridget is singing the Rachel part. I have been a extra in plays before, but never singing by myself. How do you overcome stage fright?

^Clara

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Stage Fright

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM

breathe, calm down and just breathe before you go on stage. If you can sing it well, you know all the words, then there is nothing to be worried about. Get a friend to sit somewhere in the crowd so you can look at them web you're singing, or at the back of the room.
    Good luck!

My Songbook

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Just pretend that everything, you've wanted is right there in front of you.
    Once you get on stage, you should feel fine.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM

You'll be amazing, believe in yourself and just let go:)xx

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM

take a deep breath and sing!
    -FEARLESSALWAYS13

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2173441#post_16207961

[url=http://image.blingee.com/images19/content/output/000/]http://image.blingee.com/images19/content/output/000/[/url][/signature]

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I know this sounds silly but you can eat a banana. Bananas slow your heart rate so you're not quite as nervous.
    8.3.11 was the best night of my life. I'll never forget it.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM

i haven't but some tips on how to feel better, is don't make a huge deal out of it, also just do it, there would be more rumor if you chickened out then the real preformence itself,

Credit to SparklyFearlessGirl13 for my graphic

Taylor Swift, I love you to the moon and back

love love love,

Meredith

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I just auditioned for my school talent show yesterday too! I've been playing for two years now, and it gets easier every time. Take a deep breath before you sing, shortness of air may cause you to panic during the song, so take breaths when you can! Also, have confidence in yourself! I used to have all of these negative thoughts run through my mind before I got onstage, like "I can't sing, why am I doing this... etc." but these thoughts will eat away at you! Instead, playback in your mind all of the nice things anyone has ever said about you and your singing. Give yourself a pat on the back for being extremely corageous and bold! Smile alot too, and show emotion. You may not realize it, but when you're onstage, you tend to look very bored and unenthusiatic unless you emphasize your energy and emotions. I learned this from personal experience. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
    FearlesslyRed1313

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Thank you all! It starts at 7, wish me luck!

^Clara

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Just don't think about it all that much and try not to have too much sugar\Caffeine in you, they will just make you more jumpy:) And good luck!

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I just go on. I was never really scared of the stage. Just swallow your nerves and be Fearless ! :) good luck!
    You`re lucky enough to be different, never change - Taylor Swift

For me, I don't think technoligy is going to impress me until I can download food from the internet - Niall Horan

[url=http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i[/url][/signature]

RE: Stage Fright

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I know that I'm kinda late for this, but don't worry. I get super nervous when I have to do things in front of a large group of people and I will literally FREAK. OUT. But you just need to breathe, if you weren't fabulous then they wouldn't let you sing!
    ~ Dedicated Lovatic and Swiftie

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Thank you for your help! I We did great and I was a little nervous, but oh well! :D

^Clara

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 8:01 PM

MadisonRylie13xo wrote:
    Thank you for your help! I We did great and I was a little nervous, but oh well! :D

^Clara

That's awesome! I'm sure you did amazing! If you didn't have butterflies then that means that you don't care! But since you had them that means you do! :)
    ~ Dedicated Lovatic and Swiftie

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

If you have time, do some yoga. I find that it calms me down a ton. If not, then just concentrate on your breathing!

Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM

It sounds ridiculous, but it really works. Imagine that whoever is judging you is in their underwear! You will feel so much more confident and you'll feel like their not intimidating at all!

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Well.... I just pretend like they're not even there. Or like they think you're awesome. Or maybe like Taylor is in the crowd somewhere.... getting ready to cheer you on! I don't have stage fright so that's not really an issue with me ;) Good luck if it isnt already over. hahahaha

Visit my Songbook and Threads
    ~"My songs aren't meant for girls to rip pages out of their diaries."~

~Nat~