Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Respect Girls :)

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM

This is kind of a second part to the Every Girl Is Beautiful Thread, but anyways I think it's very important that guys start to respect girls more. The thing about girls is they're alot more sensitive than us guys and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. For example if someone says I'm ugly or stupid it'll hurt a little bit, but not nearly as much as it would hurt a girl of they were called that. As a guy I would never make fun of a girl for any reason. Another example if a girl likes a particular music artist like Taylor Swift, One Direction, etc. you don't judge them. You may not like that kind of music, but everyone has different tastes in music. How would you feel if someone made fun of your music? It wouldn't make you feel good at all.

Another thing if you see a pretty girl you don't call her hot. Girls don't like that. It's disrespectful and shows a lack of maturity. Just say she's pretty, gorgeous, or beautiful or something along those lines. For example with me I never ever use hot to describe Taylor because I know she wouldn't appreciate it. I use the term beautiful and it's just a better and more mature word to use. A problem I have is when I see guys in their music call a girl attractive, but in a provocative and inappropriate way. I can't stand it because again it just is very disrespectful. My mother raised me to never say inappropriate things in regards to girls. That's why I have a tremendous amount of respect for her. You also have to remember that each girl is someone's daughter. How would that particular girl's parents feel if they saw their daughter being disrespected in a provocative way? Obviously it wouldn't make them feel good. Whether it's your mother, grandmother, aunt, girlfriend, sister, cousin, whatever the case is you should as a guy learn to respect women.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Respect Girls :)

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I definitely agree with everything you said and a lot of girls I know feel uncomfortable or insecure when a guy calls them or even someone else hot

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM

It's true. Girls are really sensitive, especially me. When I've been called pretty, I was happy but embarrassed. And I really don't get the whole "hot" thing.
    He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Respect isn't something that is gender specific...everyone should treat each other with respect. Being kind to one another is a universal thing everyone should practice.

M

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Everything you said is SO true. Girls don't like being disrespected and they are much more sensitive that guys. Especially a shy girl like myself. Thanks for posting this. :)

[im

ht[/signature]

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Maffew wrote:
    Respect isn't something that is gender specific...everyone should treat each other with respect. Being kind to one another is a universal thing everyone should practice.

M

yes and some people are more sensative than others

Credit to SparklyFearlessGirl13 for my graphic

Taylor Swift, I love you to the moon and back

love love love,

Meredith

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I agree 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% JD. If somebody calls me ugly I spend the rest of the day trying to be someone I'm not. And that happens to a lot of people, too.

1. SOUIAT 2. InLondonToday

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM

You are amazing, you're great, and JUST AWESOME AND SMART!!! Now....if we can get some girls to respect themselves.
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

when girls are described as hot I find it offensive, thank you for posting this. hopefully it'll open people's eyes

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    You are amazing, you're great, and JUST AWESOME AND SMART!!! Now....if we can get some girls to respect themselves.
    -Kat

Yeah this is the biggest problem with not respecting girls. Guys don't realize that when you disrespect a girl like let's say make fun of her and call her ugly not only are you hurting her, but now all of sudden she now feels like she's not beautiful and that's just not true. That's really why I made the other thread. Just seeing so many girls hurt and thinking they're not beautiful is just something that I hate to see.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

JDMaleSwiftie wrote:
    Another thing if you see a pretty girl you don't call her hot. Girls don't like that. It's disrespectful and shows a lack of maturity. Just say she's pretty, gorgeous, or beautiful or something along those lines.

Um, THIS. I HATE being called hot by guys. I'm 24, so since I am of age, it implies that all they want with me is to have sex and I am worth so much more than casual sex. Sorry, boys.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

JDMaleSwiftie wrote:
    SwiftieKat wrote:
    -Kat

Yeah this is the biggest problem with not respecting girls. Guys don't realize that when you disrespect a girl like let's say make fun of her and call her ugly not only are you hurting her, but now all of sudden she now feels like she's not beautiful and that's just not true. That's really why I made the other thread. Just seeing so many girls hurt and thinking they're not beautiful is just something that I hate to see.

I have experience with that. Ever since I was little, my older sister has kept putting me down. She still does it currently and I haven't fully healed from her words. After I've been hearing her calling me things, I started to believe them myself.

He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Thank you for this. I know a lot of girls will feel better about themselves now. :)

This amazing thing from onedirectionismylife
    TheEnchantedGarden made my FLAWLESS avatar

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

SupermanFlyAway wrote:
    Thank you for this. I know a lot of girls will feel better about themselves now. :)

This amazing thing from onedirectionismylife
    TheEnchantedGarden made my FLAWLESS avatar

Well that's the main goal for me to make all you girls feel better and let y'all know that regardless of what y'all are told that all of you are beautiful and special and should be treated in a respectful manner.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I wish all guys had the same respect as you do. :)
    You`re lucky enough to be different, never change - Taylor Swift

For me, I don't think technoligy is going to impress me until I can download food from the internet - Niall Horan

[url=http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb422/taylorsbiggestfan13/i[/url][/signature]

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I wish all guys had the same respect you do for girls because we are sensitive and some of us take things we hear seriously, and we do find the immaturely of most guys sort of annoying sometimes because they don't think about what they say or do they just say or do it and don't realize the consequences. Anyone this made me smile because it is good to know that somewhere out there there is a guy who respects girls, and gets that we are sensitive and do take things said to heart. You are awesome.

graphic made by Guppy1313

RE: Respect Girls :)

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM

NEVER compare one girl to another. The guys may not know this, but we ALREADY compare ourselves to every girl we see. And we know you like us better when we're in sweat pants and we're makeup-less, but we feel more confident when we put on makeup and dresses, makes us feel prettier. Also, don't fart around girls. Never. EVER!!! You say we'll 'learn to love them', but it's just gross, not funny. Never make a rude comment about an outfit we wear. Don't say "When did you get out of the circus" or something like that. That will forever change the way I see every piece of clothing in that outfit, even if you say you were just kidding and you like it

Sorry for the kinda long post, puberty crisis going on lol

"I don't think raccoons like me very much. They saw me and ran away. WELL THEN, nice day to YOU raccoons -_-" -- Bethany Mota

RE: Respect Girls :)

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM

i definently agree with you on that im actually a male but i respect woman like a true gentleman but yeah why does society do that to woman these days honestly they are beautiful just the way they are
    Edward N.Pierrot(Poetic_Prince13)
    Published Canadian Writer /Poet
    Since 2006 Swiftie
    Twitter:@White_Knight13
    P_P13 Poem Contest:http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2224292

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Your an amazing person. I wish every guy at my school was like that. instead, i get

"OMG Taylor Swift! AHHHH! Think fast Izzy!"
    "I'm Niall Horan, mwah!"

I hate it.

~the flawless Hannah

~meee

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM

JD, what do you think about girls being mean to other girls?

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Liketheweather wrote:
    JD, what do you think about girls being mean to other girls?

Well it's not right obviously. It's something that you see frequently unfortunately. As I have said several times I think every girl in the world is beautiful. I don't think any girl is superior to each other. I wish all girls treated each other with respect.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.