Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: All star songwriting contest!

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM

hurricane

where will this ship take us
    will it stay lost at sea
    what will this love make us
    is it love that's made to be
    the world is trying to find our places
    is it right me at your side

CHORUS
    shall we keep on spinning round and round
    going up and down
    in and out
    what is it like to disappear
    are you their is this real
    is what we have insane
    spinning around like a hurricane

what will we find this sunday
    a rainy sky you and i
    what have i wrote to you
    i love you goodbye
    we seem a little pathetic baby
    just a bike ride away
    or is it time
    that drags us on it goes by
    but we both stay

REAPET CHORUS

im so confused
    can you give me a clue
    we are to perfect no mistake
    all we do is
    sit
    stare
    and wait
    but baby what are we really waiting for?
    a miracle?

REAPET CHORUS

hurricane blowing us down
    follow your dreams and be different every day:)
    be like a book ,open up and enjoy
    and always smile
    smiles
    mia

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: All star songwriting contest!

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Here's my entry for Round 1! Just wrote this one tonight :)

Back into View

Your hand in mine
    I can still feel it after all this time
    After all we went through
    It’s such a shame
    How it all came crashing down
    In a blink of an eye
    And now all I want is one last time
    To prove you wrong
    Cause I’m not bullet proof
    You should’ve known that
    From the start

Chorus:
    I know this might be wrong
    But I can’t help but see your face
    When you’re long gone
    I should know better now
    But I don’t
    So keep your mouth shut
    I don’t wanna hear it now
    I’m gonna erase you from my mind
    But I know every time I do
    You come right back into view

Reflecting back to when things were good
    I can see it all, I was misunderstood
    But I loved you
    Maybe you didn’t know
    That I took all of the falls
    And I could’ve sworn you loved me too
    Even after all you put me through
    I almost still want you
    I do, I don’t

Chorus

I gotta force myself to walkaway
    Shield myself from all of this pain
    But as soon as I forget you
    You come back right into view
    Even after all this time
    I still want you
    Almost want you back
    But I can’t
    You should know that
    But you don’t, no

Chorus

Your hand in mine
    I can still feel it after all this time

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 15th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

url][/signature]

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM

so this is a song i wrote about a month ago. it was inspired by taylor. i went through an extremely hard time in my life and i her lyrics touched me in a way nothing else could, especially from the song change. it helped me to not give up on anything and keep on pushing through. taylor is the reason i started expressing my emotions through guitar and songwriting and it has gotten me though so much. thank you talyor.

That Old Guitar
    too many thoughts in my head, keep me awake in my bed
    so i turn my music on oh its my favourite song, it's your voice
    with every word i am reassured that everything will be okay

cause these things will change
    those are the words that you sang
    each and every day
    you made me believe, believe, believe, oh believe.

you pour your heart into every word
    from that is something i could learn
    to show what i am feeling inside
    something i no longer wanted to hide
    so i grabbed that old guitar something that was too far out of my reach
    but i pushed on through, now i know something new, it's saved me
    you've saved me

cause these things will change
    those are the words that you sang
    each and every day

thank you for breaking though everything i wouldn't have known
    cause everything did change
    those words you sang kept me playing
    each and every day

you pour your heart into every word
    from that is something i could learn
    you've cured me

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Now I See Please pm me results?

I always relied on you
    But this time you let me down
    I was kinda of excepting
    you'd walk through the door
    and everything would be better

But now I see, you're not who you use to be
    And now I know, that you're not who I thought you were

And I never thought it would hurt like this
    And I never knew the cut would be this deep
    And I never thought it'd be like this
    But now I see....

Everything, kinda fell apart from there
    you left, and I lost my balance, again
    You should of been there
    You should of smiled and me see
    that you were, and you'll always be,
    everything....

But now I see, you're not who you use to be
    And now I know, that you're not who I thought you were

But now I see....

And this crazy that I need you now
    This is me falling down...
    This is cruel you left it this way
    Letting me know
    That I don't know you at all

But now I see....

^
    Both made the totally amazing Jordyn!

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Ooooh! Thanks for entering, guys! Bump!

^KIKI.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Hi! im sorry i just wrote this song and i haven't thought of a name yet so for now i'll just call it
    where has it gone:)
    Chorus:
    So call me crazy but it kinda feels like we’re breaking up
    And call me a liar but it kinda feels like you’ve given up
    Ooooo where has it gone?
    That love we had, so strong
    So pardon me if im saying now
    I aint gonna hang around
    For someone who isn’t sure
    if they love me anymore

Verse 1:
    We rocketed along full speed ahead
    Like lightning, so passionate it had me scared
    And now we’re stuck in reverse baby ‘cause you ran and hid
    A scared little boy who would not accept what he did
    You said to me I love you but right now I need space
    You didn’t see it for what it was a fall from grace

Chorus 2:
    Ooooo where has it gone?
    I aint gonna hang around
    If they love me anymore
    Verse 2:
    I went home that night and thought what did I do wrong?
    What have I done to destroy something so beautiful and strong?
    And then I realised it was no fault of my own
    It was you all along and I should have known
    And then you came crawling back to me
    Begging for forgiveness on your knees
    And I might have said yes if I hadn’t found out yet
    If I didn’t know that finding yourself involved kissing your ex

Chorus 3:
    Ooooo where has it gone?
    I aint gonna hang around
    If they love me anymore

Bridge:
    It didn’t take you long to come back to me
    I guess you figured out who you were over the weekend
    And now your calling me up just to pretend
    That nothing ever happened that you didn’t make me cry and break
    Oh but baby im not gonna make that same mistake

Chorus 4:
    So you can tell me you love me but baby we are breaking up
    And you can call me weak but baby I have given up
    Ooooo where has it gone
    The love we had, so strong
    You broke it like you broke me that Tuesday night!
    Well this is me fighting my own fight!

Outro:
    Ooooo our love is gone
    It was so strong
    But now im sure
    I don’t need you anymore
    Thank you Taylor, you made things change for me...

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Thank you for the entry! and those songs are amazing!

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM

BUMP!!!

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Dancing around with your golden dress

you look like a damsel in distress and sparkle like glitter and smell of honey

17 and young innocent,so innocent to the game called love

just dance,dance away with your golden dress looking like a damsel in distress.

sparkling,sparkling like glitter. who wants me to finish it? :o

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM

BackToDecember_2012 wrote:
    Dancing around with your golden dress

you look like a damsel in distress and sparkle like glitter and smell of honey

17 and young innocent,so innocent to the game called love

just dance,dance away with your golden dress looking like a damsel in distress.

sparkling,sparkling like glitter. who wants me to finish it? :o

Mee!!! it's really good!!!

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Bump

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM

OMS, I'm so excited!! These entries rock, you guys are awesome!
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM

This is called 'Never Give Up'. It's an apology song, the first one I wrote. Hope you guys like it!

Payback is overrated, baby,
    No mater how much time you've spent.
    Trying to figure out, how to get back at them,
    You'll only start wondering, where your time went.
    And maybe I should stop fighting fire with fire,
    Because really when you do that,
    You get burned.
    Of course that don't mean, I believe you,
    Believe me, that lesson's already been learned.

Once you break down,
    You gotta get back up.
    I'd tell you i'm sorry,
    but sorry's never enough.
    To say what was left unsaid.
    But I'll never give up.

Honestly, I should stop throwing darts at bullseyes,
    Because, it turns out, I got awful aim.
    And I should stop running into the eye of a storm,
    Because I only ever get caught in the rain.
    Jumping into conflict is immature,
    I ain't no saint, but I try not to sin.
    You'll only end in last place,
    When all you ever wanted was to win.

Once you break down,
    You gotta get back up.
    I'd tell you i'm sorry,
    But I'll never give up.
    Fall down 9 times,
    Stand up ten.
    You'll miss your chance,
    If you can't figure out when,
    To take a leap of faith.
    But I'll never give up.

And all you wanna do is sleep,
    But you gotta keep climbing.
    All the lights have gone out,
    But you gotta keep shining.
    Trust me please,
    Just come out of hiding.
    Let go of what you can't control.

Once you break down,
    You gotta get back up.
    I'd tell you i'm sorry,
    But I'll never give up.
    Fall down 9 times,
    Stand up ten.
    You'll miss your chance,
    If you can't figure out when,
    To take a leap of faith.
    But I'll never give up.

Payback is overrated, baby,
    I wish I'd have know that way back when.

Check out My Music Blog

I got to Speak Now, 9.10/11.11.

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I'm excited to be a judge!
    The entries are really good so far! :)
    Grace Lindsay
    Singer/Songwriter/Performer/Novelist
    13 years old
    Swifty
    www.gracelindsay.net

My song book: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2217701/page/1?r=17070952#post_17070952

I'd be ENCHANTED if you would check it out :)

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Thank you all so much for all the entries!

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Bump

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Bump

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

This is my entry for Round One.

11/8/12
    Just Four More Weeks

I’ve always wondered if you’ve ever wondered,
    If I still remember your number.

While everyone goes out to parties Saturday night,
    I just stay at home,
    Failing at trying to get you out of my mind.
    We had something there, during the days of hot summer air.
    You kissed me under the maple tree and you loved me when my parents had to leave.
    It’s hard, reminding myself how it feels to be on my own.

I always knew that knocking over the cereal at the store was more,
    Than a mistake.
    Forever you and I began when I caught your eye.
    -Or so I thought, before you forgot,
    At the end of August days, when school started up.
    And now everyday in English class, you bring back the love.
    Why can’t you let me move on?

Because I met you last summer when I turned seventeen.
    We found something I don’t think I’ll ever find again-
    But then you found you wanted to be ‘just friends’.
    And now everyday I catch your eyes while you’re laughing in the halls,
    And I’m just trying to hide the hope that someday I’ll be sitting by the phone when out of the blue you call.
    And then I tell myself, to ease the ache of this numbing Hell:
    It’s just four more weeks,
    But everyday feels like eternity.
    Oh, it’s just four more weeks
    ‘Til i’m free-
    From you and every single memory.

You took away my innocence...
    Now I can’t trust anyone.
    -I met a boy at the library yesterday.
    I actually saw the chance of somethin’ beyond just some distracting fun.
    He gave me his number and I promised to call.
    I threw it all- away.
    I threw it away... like everything else since,
    You decided to say goodbye back in the fall,

And I’m just trying to hide the hope that someday I’ll be sitting by the phone when out of the blue you call.
    ‘Til i’m free-

Everyone’s asking why I’m not happy about it being the end of senior year,
    But what they would never guess, my dear,
    Is that it’s because I’ll lose the chance to convince you to leave here... with me,

But I met you last summer when I turned seventeen.
    But I don’t want to be ‘just friends’!
    Everyday feels like eternity...
    But... it’s just four more weeks .
    It’s just four more weeks.
    Oh, how I wish I was free,
    It’s just four more weeks... just four more weeks...

If I still remember your number,

‘Cause I’m always failing at trying to get you out of my mind.

I take pictures and write, especially poetry. Check out my website to see it all! http://drimages.com/taylor_travels

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM

This is my entry for Round One.

11/8/12
    Just Four More Weeks

If I still remember your number.

While everyone goes out to parties Saturday night,
    I just stay at home,
    Failing at trying to get you out of my mind.
    We had something there, during the days of hot summer air.
    You kissed me under the maple tree and you loved me when my parents had to leave.
    It’s hard, reminding myself how it feels to be on my own.

I always knew that knocking over the cereal at the store was more,
    Than a mistake.
    Forever you and I began when I caught your eye.
    -Or so I thought, before you forgot,
    At the end of August days, when school started up.
    And now everyday in English class, you bring back the love.
    Why can’t you let me move on?

‘Til i’m free-

You took away my innocence...
    Now I can’t trust anyone.
    -I met a boy at the library yesterday.
    I actually saw the chance of somethin’ beyond just some distracting fun.
    He gave me his number and I promised to call.
    I threw it all- away.
    I threw it away... like everything else since,
    You decided to say goodbye back in the fall,

‘Til i’m free-

Everyone’s asking why I’m not happy about it being the end of senior year,
    But what they would never guess, my dear,
    Is that it’s because I’ll lose the chance to convince you to leave here... with me,

But I met you last summer when I turned seventeen.
    But I don’t want to be ‘just friends’!
    Everyday feels like eternity...
    But... it’s just four more weeks .
    It’s just four more weeks.
    Oh, how I wish I was free,
    It’s just four more weeks... just four more weeks...

If I still remember your number,

‘Cause I’m always failing at trying to get you out of my mind.

I take pictures and write, especially poetry. Check out my website to see it all! http://drimages.com/taylor_travels

Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Thank you for your entry!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.