Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Songwriting with a twist.

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!!!!!!

HERE IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! DRUMROLL PLEASE... OR NOT.

Best overall song~ bytheway13-"I Know Better"

Best themed song(love)~ Enchanted_07-"Unspoken"

Best message through song~ LIFE4US-"say it"

Best lyric line~ lovetswift13-"Way Too Soon"-"Back then we were just two crazy kids"

Most inspirational song~ 13thPurpleSpark-"Pieces"

Most Taylor like song(a song taylor would sing)~ RachelLovesTaylor-"Chalk Dust"

Most popular song~ 13TSwizzle13-"Remember Me"

Most popular lyric line~ sparklexxx-"forever and Even Longer"-"Little did we know that this was only the first page of our story"

Most memrable song~ Redswiftieinlove-"Without You"

Honorable mentions~ Bm falcon-"Country Swing"

~ fearlesslybeatingheart-"Christmas Without You"

So hopefully these awards gave YOU some inspiration to go write and enter my one of a kind contest.
Friend me. ;)
~ wonder_spark29

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Songwriting with a twist.

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Please enter!
    If you do. You have the best chance to win!
    Friend me. ;)
    ~ wonder_spark29

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I'm finding a song to enter, I'll enter soon!
    Redswiftie13and7
    I Spoke Now on 7/3/12

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Cool

RE: Songwriting with a twist.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

This song is basically about what I wish I had the courage to do. It has a storyline as if I was the girl in the song. The girl says that she will regret if she doesn't talk to him and she has to talk herself into talking to him. The beginning pertains to me, but not the last part. This is my first real song that I have written myself! Enjoy!

Unspoken

Verse 1:
    It’s pushin’ on ten; I’m starin’ at the wall again.
    The personality in your bright blue eyes
    Still keeps me up at night
    And even now, and even this late, I continue to think about
    Things out of my reach.

Pre-Chorus: (with a rap feel)
    I dream about the day when you step towards me
    Just to talk to me, just to see me.
    Just to love me for me, so I can be me.
    But I don’t think you’ll do it – you won’t make a move
    So one breath; here I go, if only I could do it
    (pause with lyrics)

Chorus 1:
    Because the words left unspoken will hurt you the most
    I gather everything in my innermost
    Being and take a step towards you,
    Can’t let fear creep into my mind.
    But I just can’t do it – I won’t let it happen.
    I can’t let you say no.

Verse 2:
    To be by your side forever, someone has to make a move –
    Why can’t you make a move? Why can’t someone make a move?
    Your bright blue eyes get me every time
    They get me every time,
    I get tongue tied every time.

Pre-Chorus: (with a rap feel)
    I dream about the day when you step towards me
    Just to talk to me, just to see me.
    Just to love me for me, so I can be me.
    But I don’t think you’ll do it – you won’t make a move
    So one breath; here I go, I have to do it.

*Instrumental*

Chorus 2:
    Because the words left unspoken will hurt you the most
    I gather everything in my innermost
    Being and take a step towards you,
    Won’t let fear creep into my mind.
    But I just have do it – I’ll be okay if it happens.
    I’ll survive if you say no.

Bridge:
    I haven’t thought about anything else all day,
    I think I know what to do, but then I see you.

Verse 3:
    My heart speeds up, my walk slows down,
    I’ve planned what I’ll say, but when I see you, I lose all my words.
    I look deep into your blue eyes, the ones that started it all.
    I take a deep breath, smile at you and say-

^BeWonderstruck13^

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Here is mine (I played Taylor's message game here :) hope you like it)

PIECES

[Verse 1]
    Time has passed by
    Since you gracefully shattered me like a glass against the floor
    And every night
    I still talk to my tears because I cannot hear your voice anymore
    My mind just gets hit by flashbacks
    As my eyes distort the memories now that I’m alone
    I feel lost, like I’ve fallen out of track
    Wandering the reckless streets of the unknown

[Chorus]
    Like a river running dry
    like a child about to cry
    I'm like dust in the wind
    I'm like fire under rain
    You've broken me into a thousand pieces

[Verse 2]
    I’ve tried picking them
    But as soon as I get to grab them all they scatter yet again
    Under water
    I feel like I’m drowning in your bitter memories, it doesn’t matter
    You letters are like salt on my wounds
    I talk to myself, tell me not to remember any of the words
    You said that Sunday in your car at noon
    They got me trapped in a suffocating state of hurt

[Chorus]
    Like a river running dry
    I'm like fire under rain

[Bridge]
    My tragedy is like a painting of a war
    The glory of a scene of pain
    What am I dying for?
    I can’t, no I won’t be a prisoner
    I won’t pay a sentence that I don’t deserve
    You’re my past
    Just that
    Guess I will no longer be like…

[Final Chorus]
    Like a river running dry
    I'm like fire under rain
    Now I’m a flower in spring
    I’m the strength that hardships bring
    I’ve got wings to fly far
    All the wounds will be just scars
    You’ve broken me into a thousand pieces
    You’ve broken me into a thousand pieces
    But I built myself up again
    Up again

You always regret what you don't say, so Speak Now.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Forgot to explain it :P sorry...
    Well, basically, it deals with the feeling of frustration, right after your heart's been broken and you just don't have hopes that it will be fixed. And at some point you stop mourning youself while you're alive and you stand up. You decide not to be a prisoner anymore and you acknowledge that the past is the past and that you've got the future ahead. And that's when you stop feeling like it's raining inside of you and you feel a huge weigh has been taken off your shoulder. That is the exact moment when you can begin to move on.

(It took my quite a while to realize this, and the secret message has the exact words I said to myself the night I decided not to hurt anymore)
    You always regret what you don't say, so Speak Now.

Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Thanks for the submissions guys! I'll start posting results as soon as more people enter. Tell all your friends! Tell anyone on TC to ENTER!!!!
    Enter my enchanting songwriting contest!
    link: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2290522/page/1?r=18279042#post_18279042
    ~ MyRedGuitar

Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I hope I'm not to late to enter

Without You

(Vs 1)
    I’m surrounded by silence
    I’ve been crying ever since
    I can’t put it into words
    cause you made me feel like a herd
    pushing me along with the rest of your girls

(Pre-chorus)
    I’m suffocating, can’t you see it?
    I’m falling into a black pit
    and eventually, I’ll hit the bottom

(Chorus)
    You can’t leave me like this
    even though you’ve had a shot
    and had a miss
    I now know, me and you aren’t the right slot
    I can’t figure this out by myself
    you can’t pack me away on a shelf
    though I know, I’ll have to get through this without you

(Vs 2)
    we don’t talk no more
    and I won’t open up the door
    cause I found something real
    that’s gonna be made of steal
    (Pre chorus)
    I’m starting to breath, and you won’t be there to see it
    I’m not gonna fall into a dark pit
    cause’ I’m gonna see this through

(Chorus)
    and had a miss

(Vs 3)
    he’ll be back soon enough
    and now, I won’t be so rough
    cause I realised where I’m meant to be
    so when I’m long gone, don’t come back and plea
    cause’ I turning away from you

(Chorus)
    and had a miss

(Bridge)
    I’ll see this through
    I’ll make it true
    I won’t even look at you

(Ending)
    I’ll get through without you
    I won’t give you a clue……
    anymore

Redswiftie13and7
    I Spoke Now on 7/3/12

Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Sorry, forgot to explain as well! It's basically about when you like a guy for aggggges but he has a girlfriend and he keeps his distance from you and you realise he's not that much worth it and you'll find another guy who'll actually like you back instead of keeping away, I hope you like it
    Redswiftie13and7
    I Spoke Now on 7/3/12

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Redswiftieinlove wrote:
    Sorry, forgot to explain as well! It's basically about when you like a guy for aggggges but he has a girlfriend and he keeps his distance from you and you realise he's not that much worth it and you'll find another guy who'll actually like you back instead of keeping away, I hope you like it
    Redswiftie13and7
    I Spoke Now on 7/3/12

Wow! That has happened to me! There was this really popular guy and I liked him since like fourth grade, but then I realized that he always had a different girlfriend and he was just a jerk. Then a new guy came into my life and now we are best friends and maybe someday we will be something more. Maybe?
    link: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2290522/page/1?r=18279042#post_18279042
    ~ MyRedGuitar

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Of course you're not to late to enter. I'll most likely close the entries soon though.
    ~ MyRedGuitar~
    *He's the reason for the tear drops on my guitar
    The only thing that keeps my wishing on a wishing star*

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Is it too late to enter?

I really really hope you love this song. It's a true song and I put everything into this. I hope you love it. Thank-you so much for reading.

Chalk Dust
    Verse 1
    Fly in from a far away place
    Ain't seen your face round here for a while
    Been looking for someone to hold my hand
    Won't you try and give me your best smile

Feels a lot like a summer night
    Always feels like summer when I'm next to you
    Won't you, kiss me kiss me
    And I'll show you all that I can do

Chorus
    And I'll love you and leave you
    'Cause our feelings are like chalk
    They ain't written in the stars
    But on the sidewalk

Nothing too permanent
    That could shatter or break
    Just crumble like chalk dust
    Given time it'll fade

Verse 2
    Rolling through the green meadow
    And lying in those daisies
    Soft breeze in your hair
    Sky so blue and hazy

Loving each other
    Like a part time job
    But getting payed full wages
    Around the clock

Chorus
    But on the sidewalk

Nothing too permanent
    Given time it'll fade

Verse 3
    Maybe it was some

Wild and crazy thought
    That I had no right to dream
    Or maybe everything
    Was not how you made it seem

Am I really talking to you
    Or to myself

Chorus 2
    And you'll love me and leave me
    'Cause you thought our feelings were like chalk
    But mine were written in the stars
    Yours on the side walk

Nothing too permanent
    But I've shattered and broke
    And crumbled like chalk dust
    And I just don't know

Bridge
    Do you remember all those times
    In your brother's car
    In my very own bedroom
    Illuminated by the stars

Don't tell me you didn't mean it
    Before you'd said it felt right
    'Cause nothing made sense to me
    Until that July night

Chorus
    But on the sidewalk

Nothing too permanent
    Given time it'll fade

Graphic made by me and TaylorFanDenmark :)

Want to read an extract from my diary?http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2280602#post_18534653

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Can I enter tomorrow? Need to write a song...want to submit a really good one :/ :P :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Sure no problem. Although I will probably close entries sometime around Christmas so tell everyone you can!
    ~ MyRedGuitar~
    *He's the reason for the tear drops on my guitar
    The only thing that keeps my wishing on a wishing star*

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM

This is so beautiful, I will definitely enter!! I love love love this idea.
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Aw yay more people are entering :D

Graphic made by me and TaylorFanDenmark :)

Want to read an extract from my diary?http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2280602#post_18534653

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Country Swing
    (Intro: whistle)

When I walked down to Nashville town
    and I couldn’t find this love of mine.
    I went to try to play the blues

but I couldn’t find this “blue note” feel
    and the music never did feel real
    but I still got that good-old rock

(spoken)
    So man I played it very loud
    And I rocked until morning light
    But I didn’t find a catchy tune

(Refrein):
    So swing and jive and play this loud
    Lets get together side by side
    So take my hand and do some country swing

(whistle)

(Bridge)
    But lightning struck and all thats left is:
    ‘Darling, Would You dance with me if I would ask you soon?’
    And she said:
    ‘Honey, I’m already waiting for ya’
    So ‘xcuse me, I don’t blame you if you do

(whistle+solo?)

(Chorus)
    What I searched for all day and night
    Came to me just by surprise
    Her voice whispering my ear

So I grew old, this story’s told
    Of how I found my true love sing
    I finally found a tune that makes us swing

(Refrein):
    So swing and jive and play this loud
    Lets get together side by side

Lady's with me now, since I showed her how
    to lay her lilly hands in mine...
    And who would not agree, she's a sight to see
    and a treasure for the poor to find...

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Here's my entry! Hope you like it! :)

Way Too Soon

It creeps up on you so fast
    You don’t notice until it’s already there
    Like the ghosts of your past
    It’s all coming back
    The night that you left
    You ran around the corner
    And never looked back
    And I bet you don’t know
    That it comes back to haunt me
    Every time I try to fall
    I try to fall…

Chorus:
    I can never see the future
    I can only look back
    To the night you told me
    You wanted the way out
    I was scared and so were you
    Of us falling out way too soon

Back then we were just two crazy kids
    So madly in love
    You made me laugh so hard
    I hit my head on the wall
    But you gave me a kiss and made all better
    You gave me roses and chocolates
    And a locket that’s still in my drawer
    With a picture of you and me
    And a promise of eternity

Chorus

And I’ve kept all of the photographs
    There still hung on my wall
    The memories of I love you
    It haunts them all
    And maybe I should throw them in a flame
    But I still keep them in their frames
    Dust on them all, too old to throw away
    Because of you… it’s because of you

Chorus

And when you knocked on my door
    It all seemed so cruel
    For you to show up
    When I was forgetting you
    You had no idea
    What you put me through
    But you do, you felt it too
    Cause you were scared of us
    Falling out way too soon

Now I can see the future
    And what’s past is past
    And the night you begged me
    For that one last chance
    I showed you the way out
    Cause we were living in the past
    I was scared and so were you
    Of us falling out way too soon

…I was scared and so were you
    Of us falling out way too soon….

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Here's my entry :) Its about just...thinking about a guy and just missing him and thinking over all these memories and just feeling...good about having them but feeling sad because you want more :) Hope ya like it :) x

Remember Me

This morning I came across,
    Those photos from back when,
    We were so in love,
    Yeah...back then...

I was looking over them,
    Seeing that smile that would,
    Always shine so bright,
    Mmm...so good...

Chorus
    I hate you,
    For loving me,
    Because it didn’t last forever,
    I wish you’d,
    Think about me,
    And remember us together,
    Remember...oh...Remember,
    Remember me.

You would walk with me to school,
    Hold my bags and tease me,
    Keep me oh-so close,
    Please miss me...

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

You used to love when,
    The snowflakes got caught on,
    My eyelashes and now,
    Winter feels colder,
    Without you around,
    And you’d drape your arm over me,
    You’d give me your jacket,
    And stand there freezing and soggy,
    Back when you loved me.

Repeat Chorus

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM

13TSwizzle13 wrote:
    Here's my entry :) Its about just...thinking about a guy and just missing him and thinking over all these memories and just feeling...good about having them but feeling sad because you want more :) Hope ya like it :) x

Remember Me

This morning I came across,
    Those photos from back when,
    We were so in love,
    Yeah...back then...

I was looking over them,
    Seeing that smile that would,
    Always shine so bright,
    Mmm...so good...

Chorus
    I hate you,
    For loving me,
    Because it didn’t last forever,
    I wish you’d,
    Think about me,
    And remember us together,
    Remember...oh...Remember,
    Remember me.

You would walk with me to school,
    Hold my bags and tease me,
    Keep me oh-so close,
    Please miss me...

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

You used to love when,
    The snowflakes got caught on,
    My eyelashes and now,
    Winter feels colder,
    Without you around,
    And you’d drape your arm over me,
    You’d give me your jacket,
    And stand there freezing and soggy,
    Back when you loved me.

Repeat Chorus

that song is amazing!!! its adorable and sad all at once!! i love it!!!!! i can picture this story of a relationship that was perfect and should've been together forever but unfolds and gets loose. its just amazing i loved it!!!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.