1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

I've Got A Problem :/

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Got a big problem guys. There's this girl who has used to be my best friend in grade school. A couple of weeks ago I saw her for the first time since 5th grade which was nearly seven years ago. We talked, hung out, and caught up a little bit. It was great to just talk to her and see how she was doing. Then just like that I had developed feelings for her. It's funny because in grade school I never really had a crush on her. She was just a really good friend. I don't remember ever developing a crush on a girl this fast. It happened in like less than an hour.

A couple of days ago I messaged her and just said we need to hang out and catch up with a smiley face. She hasn't replied yet. I don't understand why. I know she saw it because she liked one of my other friends statuses after the fact. She hasn't replied for whatever reason. I'm really worried because she is someone who is a good friend of mine obviously and also someone who I really have feelings for. I just hope and pray I didn't mess up that friendship. I'd hate for that to happen because that already occurred with a different girl.

It's just incredibly frustrating because I've never been a guy who has been real smooth with the girls. I'm always been pretty shy around them although not as much recently. I just always tend to say the right thing or just not say enough. I've never had a girlfriend before and that's a big reason why. Just not really very confident at all when it comes to girls. Anytime I see a cute girl it takes alot for me to just even say hello to them and introduce myself. Last month I met a very beautiful girl who was a few years younger than me. I don't even remember saying one word to her. Anyways any advice you could give me? I really like this girl and I just can't for the life of me understand why she hasn't replied to me. Nothing I said was bad or creepy or anything like that in my mind. Please help.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: I've Got A Problem :/

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

oh HI!!!! :) my names sherry and I DONT DO GOOD WITH GUYS!!!! well except for swifties. :) but its good cause i pretty much don't respect or like the guys i'm around unless they're my friends.
    i don't think you were awkward; maybe she's thinking about it!!! :)
    so hope. :) i think. :) i'm not good at this. :) sorry.
    from four cali swifties to y'all... {long live} Taylor Swift

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Ohh I thought u were a girl at first I was like what? I think if she doesn't want to talk to you it's not worth it. You didn't do anything wrong. Some girls are every confusing haha and as a girl myself i apologies for all girls for Being so confusing! Haha. And most guys are the same! In movies an things it makes it seem so much more romantic but that's because it's a movie! It's not real. Allllll guys have problems telling girls and communicating to girls there feelings. Even if they say they can talk to any girl! It's not true. It's fine if she doesn't answer she missed out on an awesome guy :)

-E- xxx

RE: I've Got A Problem :/

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It could be that she's not sure how to proceed and is just trying to figure out where she stands on the situation. She might not want to move too fast since you haven't seen eachother in 7 years. That being said, give her a few more days and then send her another message and say hey, I had a really good time catching up with you the other day, if you're not too busy maybe we could do it again sometime soon. Maybe she has a perfectly good reason for not responding yet, she could be busy with something and just isn't sure when she'll be able to hang out again. See what happens. Hopefully she'll respond and things will work out for you. Good luck!

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Maybe she saw it and forgot to reply? If she still hasn't replied by tomorrow, then you should message her again and ask if she got your other message. :)

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM

ForeverEnchanted13 wrote:
    Maybe she saw it and forgot to reply? If she still hasn't replied by tomorrow, then you should message her again and ask if she got your other message. :)

I'm afraid if I do that she'll think I'm annoying. I just don't understand why she hasn't replied yet.

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Just wait a few days and see how it goes. Who knows? Maybe she might be shy about it too.

RE: I've Got A Problem :/

Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I'm just going to say that generally, if you want to hang out with a girl, talk to her face-to-face or call her. It's so much better and easier to make plans if you actually talk to her. I can tell you that personally, I'm more likely to respond to a call than something online. Maybe she's accidentally overlooked your post or she doesn't know how to respond. Good luck!
    Made by Dani_PazL
    -HAVpeace13

Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

It sounds like your message to her was innocent enough, not too much or not too little or awkward in any way, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you don't hear back from her in a couple of days send her a follow up. It takes me a couple of days sometimes to reply to messages and sometimes they just get completely lost in the mix with everything else in life. It happens a lot with people, but yeah, I know when I'm in the sending position like that and I don't get that reply it reaaaalllly sucks and downright hurts.