Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Glitter Academy: Style!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hi! Welcome to Miss Annie's style class at Glitter Academy. We'll be covering information from all over the style topic this year.

Here's a list of all units. I will include links to all the lessons in the unit.

Unit 1 - Personal Style
An outfit that's totally you isn't an outfit that's totally me. You'll be learning all about who you are - as a person, and in style.
Personal Style Guide is the first post. ;)
Just Be Human.

Unit 2 - Smart Shopping
We need to address this before we get too far into class. It's super important!

Unit 3 - Trending
This is just a unit to learn how trends work - and how you should never buy something just because it's popular.

Unit 4 - Creation
You'll learn what to do and what not to do with items, accessories, and colors.

Unit 5 - Dress Like Taylor
Yes! The moment you've been waiting for! There IS a DLT unit!

Unit 6 - Beauty
Make-up, hygiene...what's the perfect combo that looks right on your face, your skin?

Unit 7 - Overboard
Just brushing up on what's too little and what's too much, what's important and what's not, what's necessary and what's optional.

Unit 8 - Review
This unit will review everything we have learned.

Lessons and homework will be posted below.

I grade based on these standards:

Did you use what you learned? (3)
Did you follow the assignment? (2)
Did you put a lot of effort in? (3)
Did you incorporate your own style into the work? (2)
That's an easy 10/10! It will be more points for projects and unit quizzes.

Students:
Jillian (LoveIsEndless)
SkipRocks
We're getting more students!

Your current assignment:
Write me two paragraphs about one time you were afraid because you had a flaw. Because you were perfectly normal. A time when you wish you had read this lesson.

If you stay updated on the lessons, do your homework, and put a lot of effort in, you'll do very well in my class!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Glitter Academy: Style!

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Who am I?

This is often a difficult question to answer, but the good news: we don't have to. I only need to know who you are in style. This can be hard to, but I'll give you a personal style guide. (This is your assignment.) Put an x in each box that applies to you. So you can learn about me, I put in x's too.

[x] Comfort comes first
    [] I'll wear ANYTHING if it's super cute
    [x] I wear brand names
    [x] I pay attention to what's "in"
    [] I like to fit in
    [x] I like to stand out
    [] I don't pay much attention to what I wear
    To get ready, it takes me: []15 minutes or less []15-30 mins [x]30-45 mins []45-60 mins []Over an hour
    [] I wear make-up daily
    [] I wear it all: mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, lipstick
    [x] I stick to lip gloss and concealer
    [] I never wear any make-up
    I normally wear my hair: [x]down []in a pony []in a braid []in multiple braids []in a fancy hairstyle
    [x] My family says I have a lot of shoes
    [x] I'm always correcting people's style errors

So, for homework, copy and paste that. Take out my answers, and instead put in your own. The 2 points for incorporating your own style are a freebie!!

Due date: I'll tell you when I have a whole class ;)

Post your homework here!
    Sometimes you'll post it, sometimes PM, depending on the assignment. Today you'll post.

Another way to figure out your personal style is to ask. I know it's hard to ask people "What do you think my style is?" but you'd be surprised how many people can answer that question. I start with my best friend, and listen to her opinion (practical, comfortable, but super cute) and if I still need more opinions I will go to other girls that don't consider me crazy. In general, I don't ask people I don't know, because they get weirded out.

It's also good to consider what you wear daily - athletic clothes, jeans, brand names, colors, materials, all sorts of stuff.

^DancingAroundAllAlone

^Me =)
    Graphic Shop

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM

:D Looks like it's going well! :)

I used to be 13LittleStars

^)Me
    Avi by me

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I wannna join!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Avatar by Annie (PlaidShirtDays)

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

[x] Comfort comes first
    [] I'll wear ANYTHING if it's super cute
    [] I wear brand names
    [] I pay attention to what's "in"
    [x] I like to fit in
    [x] I like to stand out
    [x] I don't pay much attention to what I wear
    To get ready, it takes me: []15 minutes or less []15-30 mins []30-45 mins [x]45-60 mins []Over an hour
    [] I wear make-up daily
    [] I stick to lip gloss and concealer
    [x] I never wear any make-up
    I normally wear my hair: []down [x]in a pony []in a braid []in multiple braids []in a fancy hairstyle
    [] My family says I have a lot of shoes
    [] I'm always correcting people's style errors

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM

SkipRocks wrote:
    I wannna join!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to sign up at Glitter Academy before you can join...Thank you!

^)Me
    Avi by me

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Ok, brb

Avatar by Annie (DangerousDaydream)

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM

[x] Comfort comes first
    [x] I'll wear ANYTHING if it's super cute
    [x] I wear brand names
    [x] I pay attention to what's "in"
    [] I like to fit in
    [x] I like to stand out
    [] I don't pay much attention to what I wear
    To get ready, it takes me: []15 minutes or less [x]15-30 mins []30-45 mins []45-60 mins []Over an hour
    [] I wear make-up daily
    [x] I stick to lip gloss and concealer
    [] I never wear any make-up
    I normally wear my hair: [x]down []in a pony []in a braid []in multiple braids []in a fancy hairstyle
    [] My family says I have a lot of shoes
    [] I'm always correcting people's style errors
    -----------
    Love always---Avatar and Signature made by me.
    My Graphic Shop.

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM

SkipRocks is now in your class. :)

^)Me
    Avi by me

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

BeautifulTragedy wrote:
    SkipRocks is now in your class. :)

^)Me
    Avi by me

Thx!
    Avatar by Annie (DangerousDaydream)

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Nice job on homework! (I'll give you your grades once the whole class has turned it in.)

^DancingAroundAllAlone

^Me =)
    Graphic Shop

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM

This is a side note of the first lesson but it's important.

Another way to figure out your personal style is to ask. I know it's hard to ask people "What do you think my style is?" but you'd be surprised how many people can answer that question. I start with my best friend, and listen to her opinion (practical, comfortable, but super cute) and if I still need more opinions I will go to other girls that don't consider me crazy. In general, I don't ask people I don't know, because they get weirded out.

It's also good to consider what you wear daily - athletic clothes, jeans, brand names, colors, materials, all sorts of stuff.

Graphic Shop

^DancingAroundAllAlone

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I need more students!!!

See you round!

Graphic Shop

^DancingAroundAllAlone

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Students: Your grades will be coming in soon!

Lesson 2: Just Be Human.

It's hard to be yourself in fashion. I know from experience - I used to live in the fear of having an "uncool" outfit. But really, as long as YOU like it, there's no uncool! It's perfect if you like it - and everyone likes something different. I know, I used to always obsess over the brand names and wear nothing else - because it's hard to stand out. As humans, we naturally want to fit in. Nobody wants to be different than the girl next to them, and that girl doesn't want to be different than the girl on the other side of the door.

As females, we have this tendency to try to be prettier than all the other girls. We don't feel good about ourselves because that girl over there doesn't have to wear glasses OR braces, and that one has long, flowy hair. What you don't know is that everyone's had that pimple. The truth is, it happens to all of us. Just, some people aren't brave enough to admit that they're human. No one's flawless! We all have something wrong with us - and that's why it shouldn't be wrong. We shouldn't be criticized based off of what happens to ALL of us. And I mean ALL.

And you know what, celebrities. To be honest, Taylor. They have to hide their flaws so people will think they're beautiful. And that's WRONG. Why should ANYONE have to hide something about them that's, well, normal? To make people think they're not normal - they're BETTER than normal? We all know that Taylor isn't like that, but she's forced into the black hole. That's not fair. And that's why we call her flawless. Because the way life works for her, she can't show her flaws.

And that's how most of us live our lives. We're afraid to admit we're normal - that we're human - because we're afraid we'll be made fun of for it. The funny thing is, those people who make fun of you for being human? They're human too. Whaddaya know? It's happened to them, too!

So next time you look in the mirror, you can't get your make-up right, your hair won't cooperate, you're embarrassed...well, remember it's only proof that you're human. That you're just like the rest of us.~

ASSIGNMENT: Write me two paragraphs about one time you were afraid because you had a flaw. Because you were perfectly normal. A time when you wish you had read this lesson.
    REMEMBER: You'll get a lower grade if you don't write 2 paragraphs.

Graphic Shop

^DancingAroundAllAlone

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

On my last day of school last year, I wanted to wear my hair in a new way since I always wear it down. I tried everything. It all came out like a wreck. I asked my mom for a new way to wear my hair. She took my hair and put it in this really, really high ponytail. I thought I looked ridiculous. But my mom told me it was what Heidi Klum was wearing on the catwalk, so
    I went with it.
    I get to school, and everything goes normally. I don't say anything about my hair. While we were going someplace other than my classroom, a really mean, cheating, lying girl who I hate comes over to me. She tells me "I really like your hair". It didn't come out sarcastic (she does that), so I just went with it. From then on I haven't cared at all about what others say.
    -----------
    My Graphic Shop.

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Note: This is a prompt. I will reply to your comments on the lesson, and the point is, for you to reply to my comments, and we'll have a conversation.

I love your story! But do you really not care at all about what others say? I have a feeling that if someone told me you were the ugliest person on the planet (though I'm completely positive you're not) that you would be a little upset. I know I would! Maybe you don't care about minor things - but you would surely care about something major.

Graphic Shop

^Hannah

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM

EveryLittlePiece wrote:
    Note: This is a prompt. I will reply to your comments on the lesson, and the point is, for you to reply to my comments, and we'll have a conversation.

I love your story! But do you really not care at all about what others say? I have a feeling that if someone told me you were the ugliest person on the planet (though I'm completely positive you're not) that you would be a little upset. I know I would! Maybe you don't care about minor things - but you would surely care about something major.

Graphic Shop

^Hannah

Hmm..you've got a point there... I guess no one can shut out everything. You're completely right!

-----------
    My Graphic Shop.

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:26 PM

LoveIsEndless wrote:
    Hmm..you've got a point there... I guess no one can shut out everything. You're completely right!

Or can they? Do you think someone that's been teased for their whole life is better or worse to shutting things out? Are they used to it, downright miserable, or both? And which is worse - being teased for your hair & face OR being teased for your style?

Just more prompts :)

Graphic Shop

^Hannah

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.