Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: W1333's Songwriting Contest

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM

This is my entry for Round One; it's about watching someone fade away.

9/2/12
    You’re Buying the Last Train Ticket

You’re buying the last train ticket.
    Aren’t you going to miss this?

I meet you at the station,
    Not even a note to ease my agitation.
    I stop, and you look at me.
    Suddenly, everything, every word, I had planned evaporates, too quickly.
    What do I have to say,
    To make you stay?
    But, looking in your hazel eyes, I see that it’s too late.
    Just wait- for only a moment- please, just wait,

Because, you’re buying the last train ticket,
    Leaving me behind in this heart-rending thicket.

I still have the photographs:
    Crisp and clear memories of your laugh.
    Funny thing is they’re still perfect, while we’ve come to fade.
    Please- don’t walk away.
    I know we’re not- I’m not- perfect, anymore,
    But aren’t we worth it?
    ...Now, when I think of you, I want to cry,
    Because I know, at the back of my mind, that there’s no love in your eyes!

And, you’re buying the last train ticket-
    Guess my heart was just a temporary briquet.

Seeing you sitting there with him,
    It came to sink in:
    We’ve grown apart.
    Changed hearts,
    As we’ve grown older.
    And, I’m just the cold leftovers.
    All we have left is a broken connection.
    And now, I’m just a flyaway, plastic bag with no direction.
    As I sat there on the couch, I was so numb.
    Why can’t you remember where we came from?

You’re buying the last train ticket,
    Since this must be your limit.

Losing everything,
    That’s what I’ll be left to sing.
    I hate looking back-
    At the past...
    Seeing how stupid I was,
    For believing in fairy tales and you, cuz.
    ... I honestly thought your love was true.
    -Well, then f*ck you!

You’re buying the last train ticket,
    So, you can kiss this:

I don’t need you.
    I don’t need you.
    I won’t bleed for you.
    I’m not going to bleed for you!

I dare you to stay and watch me cry.
    At least you give me that since you’re saying good-bye!

But then, there you go and make a joke about my height.
    ... I’ll be alone tonight.
    -Forget it. Don’t listen to me.
    (Take a deep breath and breathe). See?
    I’m all right. I can move on.
    And, I AM movin’ on.
    I’m movin’ on.
    Now, hurry along.
    I kiss your cheek.
    Look, I’m fine. See?
    Good-bye.
    I’ll brush the tears from my eyes,
    So you won’t have to see.
    You leave.
    Thankfully, I have the darkness of my bedroom,
    Since I won’t be able to get over you.

You’re buying the last train ticket.
    You aren’t going to miss this.

I take pictures and write, especially poetry. Check out my website to see it all! http://drimages.com/taylor_travels

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM

*Bump*

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I'd love to enter! Here's my entry for Round 1! :)

Cloud Nine

Verse 1
    As I lay my head down to sleep
    I try to fly to the place of the dreamer
    Soaring above this lonely town
    I can’t wait until I get out of here
    But my wings couldn’t fly high enough
    So I’ll always return to where I took off

Verse 2
    When my feet hit the ground again
    I pretend that I don’t remember a thing
    But I know what I saw each time
    The glimpse of a beautiful life
    How will I ever get to be there?
    When he took away all of my chances?

Chorus
    Dreamers dreaming on Cloud Nine
    Come get me, come save me
    From this thing called reality
    On the outside looking in
    I can see the hope on your faces
    If only he didn’t stop me from believing
    I’d be with you all on Cloud Nine dreaming

Verse 3
    I want to believe in love again
    And know what’s it like to dream
    Without a cloud over my head
    Reminding me of what happened before
    And how love does not exist at all
    Somebody please prove me wrong

Chorus

Bridge
    An escape from my world is all I need
    A place where I can always dream
    Will you please fly with me?
    To an escape from my world where I can always dream
    A place where I can learn to believe
    Will you please fly with me?
    To an escape from my world where I can always be
    Somebody please save me

Chorus

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Both of your entries are amazing. I love yours, Gigi. :-)

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:49 AM

*Bump!*

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 7:08 AM

bumpppppp bumpity bump

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Wonderstruck1333 wrote:
    Both of your entries are amazing. I love yours, Gigi. :-)

Thank you so much!
    Aww, that was so sweet! It made me smile! Thank you! :)

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Hi!!This is my entry for round 1!!!Hope you like it:)
    Doesn´t Passes

(Verse 1)
    It´s been a long time
    I´ve been loving you
    but still no signs from you
    Everyone tells me to give up
    but they´re like asking me to fall apart..

(Chorus)
    It´s the way your eyes look at me
    how I feel strong your sympathy
    that makes me trying again and again
    hoping endlessly without an end..
    And baby I know, I don´t see it all
    through rose-coloured glasses
    cause it´s a love that doesn´t passes!

(Verse 2)
    There are some desperate moments
    when my mind calls me to stop
    but this fire inside me is too strong
    that all the other ways seem wrong
    and a day without you is too long
    So baby, come with me
    and listen carefully...

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
    You´re the reason I stay up all night
    I sing songs even if it´s cold outside
    telling my friends how sweet you are
    and preferring chocolate viennois!

(Chorus)

(c) lovingfearlessly06

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Round one :)

Only If We Knew

Your long brown hair 
    And dark blue eyes
    Everyone was jealous
    You had a secret
    Too afraid to tell us
    And then you went away
    With it still bottled up inside

And now your eyes are closed on us forever
    You can set yourself free
    You should be happy sitting high up there
    Knowing they can never reach you
    The whole world knows your pain
    Your words are everywhere tonight
    Reading what was hidden behind your smile
    But only if we knew about it

Your mother's hurting
    Your father's proud
    Their words bring me to tears
    The truth comes out
    When time stops, it's too late
    You're never coming back
    To tell me why you let them win?

You should be happy sitting high up there
    Knowing they can never reach you

If you're watching down on us tonight
    Girl, you know you're making headlines
    This story doesn't have to end so sad
    If it could save another life tonight 

You should be happy sitting high up in the sky
    Knowing they can't reach you

You're story didn't have to end that way...
    Only if we knew about it
    L.O.V.E.

my songbook! please visit!

"Don't ever, never, if forever let yourself go. Stay true to who you are.
    Don't ever, never, if forever let those dreams fall. We are in this together."

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM

It's the end of the round and I only have 4 entries... but I'm still judging. Lucky, you all get an award. Graphics up soon.

Re: W1333's Songwriting Competition

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Here are the winners' graphics!

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Round 1= OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Thank you so much for 2nd place

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

*Bump!*

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Round 2 is open!!! Please enter!!! BUMP

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

bumpity

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Wonderstruck1333 wrote:
    Here are the winners' graphics!

Thank you so much for 1st place! The graphics are lovely!
    I will be entering Round 2 in just a moment!

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Here's my entry for Round 2: Heartbreak and Longing!

It Must Be Rainy All The Time

Verse 1
    I wake up and look out my window
    The pain is still a fresh cut on my heart
    It’s raining down harder than ever before
    Pouring salt into all of the wounds

Pre-Chorus 1
    And now the lightning strikes my heart in two
    And I am stuck here missing you

Chorus
    It only hurts on the rainy days
    The times I wish that you had stayed
    It only starts when the thunder rolls
    And the thoughts of you lose control
    There must be a cloud above my mind
    Because if it only hurts on the rainy days
    It must be rainy all the time

Verse 2
    I get up and start to pace the halls
    Secretly wishing that you would call
    I watch the lightning flash so bright
    Ready for another lonely night

Pre-Chorus 2
    And now the thunder breaks my heart in two

Chorus

Bridge
    Oh, the rain must pour down day and night
    Lightning flashes the visions of our fight
    Oh, the rain must be coming down hard
    As I wish you hadn’t broken my heart

Pre-Chorus 1
    And now the lightning strikes my heart in two

Chorus

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hoping, Praying, Believing

Verse 1
    It was the summer of '03 that I fell for you
    You were always looking at me
    Making me blush
    I knew we were both falling over us from afar

However, I didn't think that
    In the fall of '05 you would turn against me

Chorus
    I look at seven years from now
    How I didn't know anything that happened
    I was blindly hoping, praying, believing
    You'd one day come back to me and
    Turn around to your kind self
    It wasn't until April 25th, 2007
    I began to understand that maybe someone didn't want us together
    And badmouthed me to you
    Now, five years later I'm hoping, praying, believing
    One day we'll meet and fall in love
    All over again
    Real this time

Verse 2
    In the fall of '05 I noticed how you changed
    All the gazing you'd look at me in church
    When you were altar serving
    The connection we had dissipated
    Like snow melting on a warm day

However, I didn't know
    In the spring of '07, you would make the connection that
    I was never against you

Chorus

Bridge
    All the times I cried myself to sleep
    All the times, I often wondered when I was going
    To see the boy I loved so dearly
    Come back to me

Looking back five years from now
    My heart still aches how you treated me
    How you turned against me
    How you agreed with everyone
    When you used to have disagreed
    But I see how you've changed
    I feel the kindred spirit turning back
    I can feel the good vibes from you once again

Somehow, its always felt
    How ridiculous it was
    What happened seemed like something out of a novel
    Maybe a movie
    Perhaps a drama tv show
    But, now that is gone I'm busily

Chorus
    I'm Hoping, Praying, Believing one day we'll find each other
    Fall in love all over again
    Maybe meet later in life
    Then I'll know everything that happened
    And then we can date and live happily ever after

I'm Hoping, Praying, Belieing one day we'll find each other
    My favorite role model is not someone famous but fictional-------NANCY DREW RULES!

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Bump!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.