1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

! decinere's song writing contest !

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

WELCOME SWIFTIES
to decinere's song writing contest

This thread does not run on points, therefore you can join in at any time to participate. (: So why don't you hop on in and be fearless? There is a first, second, and third place, along with the Taylor Swift Award (most professional), the Fearless Award (the most personal or emotional), the Speak Now Award (the best lyrical phrase), and the Red award (the most powerful chorus). Winners will win a graphic*.

Rules
there are only a few, please take the time to read them

1. You can only use the same song once on this thread!
    It must be your own original song!
    While we love Taylor's lyrics, try to not make yours seem too much like hers! (;

Rounds
please pay attention to which ones are closed and or open

Round Two - CLOSED 11/8 - 11/15
Seasons - Write a song about seasons, something that happened in a specific season, or use a season with an analogy.

1. First Place - becs13 with December Thirteen
    Second Place - Taylor14Firefly with Seasons
    Third Place - SwiftieKat with When You Were Here
    Taylor Swift Award (most professional) - becs13 with December Thirteen
    Fearless Award (most personal or emotion) - Taylor14Firefly with Seasons
    Speak Now Award (best lyrical phrase) - SwiftieKat with My skin is softer now / With the colder weather / Looks like porcelain now / But I don't care about that
    Red Award (best chorus) - Taylor14Firefly with Seasons

Round One - CLOSED 10/23 - 11/7
No theme- Give me any original song you'd like! (;

1. First Place - Taylor14Firefly with You're Buying The Last Train Ticket
    Second Place - becs13 with Forbidden
    Third Place - StayBeautiful with Just Breathe
    Taylor Swift Award (most professional) - becs13 with Forbidden
    Fearless Award (most personal or emotion) - LikeAPerfectRhyme with 10 Miles
    Speak Now Award (best lyrical phrase) - Taylor14Firefly with Because you're buying the last train ticket / Leaving me behind in this heart-rending thicket
    Red Award (best chorus) - TaylorswiftysFEARLESS with Snowflakes Falling (To The Beat Of The)

xoxo, go Swifties!
*depending on my availability.
13 thirteen 13 thirteen 13 thirteen 13 thirteen

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: ! decinere's song writing contest !

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

This is called "Just Breathe", it's a little story about falling for someone :) Hope you like it!

You look deep into my eyes,
    Can't help but feel like, i'm the only girl alive.
    You're the reason I can't get to sleep,
    You've pulled me down, i'm in too deep.

I've been wondering if maybe,
    This was ment to be.
    I kind of wanted to ask you,
    What you thought of you and me.
    Don't think to much my dear,
    Just pull me in, hold me close,
    Just breathe.

Not gonna lie, you make my heart beat faster.
    And now i'm feeling so much better than this time last year.
    You're words that come out too quick,
    But bad decisions, always seem to stick, with, you and me.

This was ment to be.
    Just breathe.

You're my, Saturday night,
    My Tuesday morning,
    You're the song I've heard once,
    But I know all the words.
    You may feel like i'm moving to fast,
    But, hey, maybe we could make this last.

This was ment to be.
    This was ment to be.
    Just breathe.

Check out My Music Blog

I got to Speak Now, 9.10/11.11.

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Hey, thanks for entering! And I like your song a lot! (:

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Buuump. (:

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Oh, and I forgot to add, we need at the very least three entries to judge. d:
    My Song Contest! c:

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Bump. (:

My Song Contest! c:

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I've changed the theme for this round so that you can enter any song, just to attract more contestants.

@StayBeautiful: Don't worry about changing your song because of this, it's still fine for entry. (;
    My Song Contest! c:

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM

This is my entry for Round One; it's about watching someone fade away.

9/2/12
    You’re Buying the Last Train Ticket

You’re buying the last train ticket.
    Aren’t you going to miss this?

I meet you at the station,
    Not even a note to ease my agitation.
    I stop, and you look at me.
    Suddenly, everything, every word, I had planned evaporates, too quickly.
    What do I have to say,
    To make you stay?
    But, looking in your hazel eyes, I see that it’s too late.
    Just wait- for only a moment- please, just wait,

Because, you’re buying the last train ticket,
    Leaving me behind in this heart-rending thicket.

I still have the photographs:
    Crisp and clear memories of your laugh.
    Funny thing is they’re still perfect, while we’ve come to fade.
    Please- don’t walk away.
    I know we’re not- I’m not- perfect, anymore,
    But aren’t we worth it?
    ...Now, when I think of you, I want to cry,
    Because I know, at the back of my mind, that there’s no love in your eyes!

And, you’re buying the last train ticket-
    Guess my heart was just a temporary briquet.

Seeing you sitting there with him,
    It came to sink in:
    We’ve grown apart.
    Changed hearts,
    As we’ve grown older.
    And, I’m just the cold leftovers.
    All we have left is a broken connection.
    And now, I’m just a flyaway, plastic bag with no direction.
    As I sat there on the couch, I was so numb.
    Why can’t you remember where we came from?

You’re buying the last train ticket,
    Since this must be your limit.

Losing everything,
    That’s what I’ll be left to sing.
    I hate looking back-
    At the past...
    Seeing how stupid I was,
    For believing in fairy tales and you, cuz.
    ... I honestly thought your love was true.
    -Well, then f*ck you!

You’re buying the last train ticket,
    So, you can kiss this:

I don’t need you.
    I don’t need you.
    I won’t bleed for you.
    I’m not going to bleed for you!

I dare you to stay and watch me cry.
    At least you give me that since you’re saying good-bye!

But then, there you go and make a joke about my height.
    ... I’ll be alone tonight.
    -Forget it. Don’t listen to me.
    (Take a deep breath and breathe). See?
    I’m all right. I can move on.
    And, I AM movin’ on.
    I’m movin’ on.
    Now, hurry along.
    I kiss your cheek.
    Look, I’m fine. See?
    Good-bye.
    I’ll brush the tears from my eyes,
    So you won’t have to see.
    You leave.
    Thankfully, I have the darkness of my bedroom,
    Since I won’t be able to get over you.

You’re buying the last train ticket.
    You aren’t going to miss this.

I take pictures and write, especially poetry. Check out my website to see it all! http://drimages.com/taylor_travels

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Forbidden

Darling, rest your crown
    Our secret's safe tonight
    There's no exposure
    Tucked under the sheets
    No one will ever know about us
    Darling, hold my hand
    Only our eyes will watch
    Keep up with whispers
    It will help us hide
    No one will ever hear about us

Forbidden,
    Dangerous to be together
    But we won't listen, our hearts already combined
    Just promise,
    Don't give up on me
    We can play this game, for the rest of our lives

Darling, don't be scared
    Suspicion is not around
    We're smarter than them
    My eyes plus yours too
    No one will ever think about us

Forbidden,
    Dangerous to be together
    Just promise,
    Don't give up on me

No turning back
    You've got me for life
    It's as much your fault as it is mine
    Someday we'll share
    We'll both be burned alive

This love is forbidden,
    It's dangerous to be together
    Oh, oh
    Forbidden,
    Dangerous to be together
    Just promise,
    Don't give up on me

This love
    But we can keep a secret
    L.O.V.E.

my songbook! please visit!

"Don't ever, never, if forever let yourself go. Stay true to who you are.
    Don't ever, never, if forever let those dreams fall. We are in this together."

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Hope you like!!

10 Miles

Verse One
    You don't know how happy I'll be when I see your shining face,
    Even though there's a million people I'll,
    Still see you coming of that plane

Chorus
    And tears'll be in my eyes as I,
    Run towards you...
    We'll both smile,
    And I'll start to cry and not,
    Let you go for 10 miles.

Verse Two
    And you don't know what I'm doing when your away,
    And I don't know 'bout you...
    And even though there's a million miles I still,
    think of everything you do.

Chorus
    Run towards you...
    We'll both smile,
    Let you go for 10 miles.

Verse Three
    And every night, when I look at your picture,
    On the back of my door...
    I'll smile, cuz I know we'll make a thousand memories more...

Chorus
    Run towards you...
    We'll both smile,
    Let you go for 10 miles.

I used to be ThisPathIsReckless.

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM

ill enter soon :D

My Songbook

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Wow, all these songs are really great! Thanks for all of those who entered. (:

@BeautfulMagic; Alrighty, sounds good!

I'll be judging tonight most likely (depending how many others enter later) and the results will be up tonight. But like I said, this is subject to change.
    My Song Contest! c:

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Snowflakes Falling ( DancingTo The Beat of The)

Verse 1
    I was just walking in the fresh snow in my neighborhood
    When I spotted a girl
    Aged at sixteen years old
    She was walking to the icy, frozen pond
    Iceskates in hand and a portable radio in the other
    She tied the skates on and set the radio down

Pre-chorus
    She skated into the middle of the pond
    She turned on the player
    Poised herself
    And when the music began
    She started dancing

Chorus
    The snowflakes started falling making her look like
    She was in a snowglobe
    Spinning, twirling, leaping, and jumping
    In the air, having a ball of fun
    And as the snow started falling heavier
    She was dancing to the beat of the snowflakes falling

Verse 2
    The music moved into the second verse
    So did her routine
    The snow gently paused and the clouds began to part
    I looked up and saw the sun beating down on her
    Like a spotlight
    It hit the long icsicles that hung over her home
    Hitting it the right way
    Making her look golden

Pre-Chorus
    And as the sun rose higher, higher into the sky
    It shown down on her
    The clouds began to close
    And the snowflakes started up again

Chorus

Bridge
    The music crescendoed to the climax
    Heightening the mood
    The air grew colder
    The sun shown down brighter
    The isicles reflected more light
    The snowflakes fell harder
    She spun and twirled faster
    Than ever before

And as the music came to the denouement
    The sun seemed to have stopped shinning
    The isicles lost their light
    The snowflights fall lightened
    And her dancing slowly halted

Chorus

Out-tro
    She stopped, pausing, taking deep breaths
    The clouds covered the sun
    The isicles no longer shinned
    And the snowflakes stopping falling
    She had danced to the beat of the snowflakes falling

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM

The round is over, thank you to all the entrants! (:
    Here are the winners, also located in the first post:

1. First Place - Taylor14Firefly with You're Buying The Last Train Ticket
      Second Place - becs13 with Forbidden
      Third Place - StayBeautiful with Just Breathe
      Taylor Swift Award (most professional) - becs13 with Forbidden
      Fearless Award (most personal or emotion) - LikeAPerfectRhyme with 10 Miles
      Speak Now Award (best lyrical phrase) - Taylor14Firefly with Because you're buying the last train ticket / Leaving me behind in this heart-rending thicket
      Red Award (best chorus) - TaylorswiftysFEARLESS with Snowflakes Falling (To The Beat Of The)

Next round's theme is seasons (since we're getting close to winter, yay!). Write a song about seasons, something that happened in a specific season, or use a season with an analogy. (:
    My Song Contest! c:

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Thank you for the the Red award!
    My favorite role model is not someone famous but fictional-------NANCY DREW RULES!

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM

You're very welcome!
    And thank you for entering my first round! (;
    My Song Contest! c:

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Here's my entry for round two: Seasonal themes. I haven't entered lately.

Title: “When You Were Here”

Frosted tablecloths.
    Everything’s turned to ice now.
    White footprints.
    Only from my steps.
    And if you only knew
    What autumn’s turned into,
    You would be proud you left.

Chorus:
    Winter wonderlands,
    Never held much appeal to me.
    Nothing ever did, without you.
    Everything’s cold now.
    And then I’m met by the snow.
    Every snowflake drifts down to me.
    It never did when you were here.

The leaves have all fallen now.
    Even when the new season comes,
    I don’t think they’ll grow again.
    My hands are freezing
    And I’m starting to shiver.
    Something more to add to the scene.
    I think it’s complete now.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    My skin is softer now.
    With the colder weather.
    Looks like porcelain now.
    But I don’t care about that.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhh

What was it you used to say?
    Guess I can’t remember.
    Never really mattered.
    If it won’t last,
    Nothing ever matters.
    I look up to the dark sky.
    When I whisper your name,
    I see my breath fill the air.
    I could escape in the darkness.
    All that fills the distance
    Are the delicate snowflakes.
    They never fell,
    Never reached me
    When you were here.

-Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Thanks so much for entering, your song is gorgeous! (:
    My Song Contest! c:

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Thank you thank you thank you for those two awards!! This next song I finished three minutes ago and it's about this summer love....

December Thirteen

Met you on a warm summer night at 2am
    Through the streets on our way to the edge of the world
    Where we all watched the city lights
    You pulled me in your arms, it felt like I was home
    And watching you smile as you sat beside me
    Made this foreign terrain seem safe

I love the way you take my side when you don't know me at all
    Teasingly brag about the things I do you are so proud of
    Daring with promises and feeling so brave
    As if these were the best days of our lives

The sun came up and you stopped by unexpected
    Staying by me all day, my cheeks sore from smiling
    You said this won't be the last time
    Laughing loudly without a care of who's watching
    Breaking arcade records and free movie tickets
    Roaming wild, just the two of us

I love the way you take my side when you don't know me at all
    Teasingly brag about the things I do you are so proud of
    As if these were the best days of our lives
    You always take your sweet bitter time to tell me a goodbye
    To savior the moment because distance is keeping us apart 
    Making new promises and feeling so brave
    As this summer was the best of our lives

On a cold autumn night
    Wondering when you're gonna call
    Whilst someone spoke about
    The girlfriend you had all along
    That was when I gave up on love

I loved the way you took my side when you didn't know me at all
    Teasingly bragging about the things I do which you were so proud of
    As if they were the best days of our lives
    There is something about fading away the way you did with me
    All the silence and speculations wishing it all wasn't true
    Remembering promises, feeling so brave
    But I'm not feeling bitter 'bout it all

Saw you one year later
    We locked eyes and I went back to
    A world were the city lights 
    Were shining for the two of us
    This time, I walked away from you
    L.O.V.E.

my songbook! please visit!

"Don't ever, never, if forever let yourself go. Stay true to who you are.
    Don't ever, never, if forever let those dreams fall. We are in this together."

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:40 AM

This is my entry for Round One; it's called Seasons.

Seasons

In the spring, in the summer,
    In the fall, in the winter,
    I remember you.
    I pull out from under my bed a cardboard box;
    Letter upon letter of a year built of four seasons.
    The ink reaches my eyes and suddenly there is no clock,
    To count by.

Seasons; someone tell me, give me, a reason.
    We came to an end; I don’t play pretend.
    But, I want to know why we had to go our separate ways.
    Black ink and yellowed paper hold still the promise of always.

Seasons; they come and go, but always come back home.
    Still, I wait for you; a part of me, because of this, hates you.
    Why, that’s all I want to know before we both go our separate ways.
    Black ink and yellowed paper hold still the promise of always.

In the spring, in the summer,
    In the fall, in the winter,
    I remember you.
    I pull out from under my bed a cardboard box;
    Letter upon letter of a year built of four seasons.
    The ink reaches my eyes and suddenly there is no reason,
    To hold back a cry.

I take pictures and write, especially poetry. Check out my website to see it all! http://drimages.com/taylor_travels

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:57 AM

*bump