Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: CaliF13's Songwriting Contest

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM

So excited! Entering as soon as I have a song darling.
    -Kat

Graphic made by the lovely Foreverever13

Swiftie4EverAndAl

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Here's my entry for Round 1! Hope you like it! :)

Remind Me:

He was waiting tables around 5 0'Clock
    When she strolled in and his world stopped spinning
    he thought of all the words he'd been saving
    since the last time he'd seen her, he thinks it's been a year

3 years ago that very same day
    They exchanged their vows they were so in love
    But everyone thought that they were much too young
    And on that very first night he held her tight and said

Chorus:
    Honey, I know we are young and the odds are slim to none
    But I love you and that’s all that matters
    I'll never leave or mean hurt you but if I do
    Promise me you'll come after me and make it alright
    Just remind me honey why I said "I do"

One year later he lost his job
    And she yelled at him calling him a slob
    She threw her ring and slammed the door
    And said "Don't bother coming back for more"
    She fell to the ground and he knocked once more
    But she'd locked him away before he could say

Chorus

He walked away that fateful day and waited
    Wishing with all his might that she would come back
    after that fight but she never did

The night she strolled in he was waiting tables
    he wanted her to know so much but she made him unstable
    All that came out was today's daily special
    but she looked at him and said

Chorus #2:
    Honey, I know we are young and the odds are slim to none
    But I love you and now I realize that's all that matters
    I'll never leave again or mean hurt you but if I do
    Promise me you'll come after me and remind me why I said "I do"

She fell into his arms, he let down all his guards
    and he asked her "who reminded you?”
    She whispered back to him "honey, it was you"

url][/signature]

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I will enter! Writing now!

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

lovetswift13 Oh my gosh!! That's such a lovely story!! So sweet and touching and I felt like I was watching a movie!! Great song, thanks for the entry!! :)
    ~*Cali*~

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM

FearlessLoveStory Great, can't wait!! :)
    ~*Cali*~

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM

My Entry for Round One: Concept! Not my best, but....

Title: "One Day"

Walking in the morning,
    Just to kill the silence,
    She'll put it up loud.
    The sound kills her day
    She listens the whole way.

Pre-Chorus:
    She'll play every cds,
    Backward and forward,
    Listen to the lyrics,
    Wonder if there's someone...
    For her.

Chorus:
    A song has a beautiful sound,
    But it can't stop the pain.
    The notes in the air,
    Won't get you anywhere.
    That's what she's come to learn.
    No matter how bad it hurts,
    She'll keep singing and listening
    Because she wants that song
    To come to life one day.

The stories they tell,
    She'll remember them forever.
    Time doesn't obscure it,
    No, time can't reach it.

Pre-Chorus:
    She'll play ever cd,
    Backward and forward,
    Listen to the lyrics,
    Wonder if there's someone...
    For her

Repeat Chorus

Can't be in love,
    Never been in love.
    Rewind this moment,
    Go back in time.
    The only love is for this song,
    The only place worthy.
    One day she will have a song.

-Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

SwiftieKat That is such an amazing song!!! I've NEVER heard or read in this case, anything like it. Very unique and original!! :)
    ~*Cali*~

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM

CaliF13 wrote:
    SwiftieKat That is such an amazing song!!! I've NEVER heard or read in this case, anything like it. Very unique and original!! :)
    ~*Cali*~

OMS, thank you so much!
    -Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    CaliF13 wrote:
    ~*Cali*~

OMS, thank you so much!
    -Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

You're welcome girly!! :)
    ~*Cali*~

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Bump! :)
    ~*Cali*~

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Round 1: Concept
    This is a song I wrote about the 5-year-old April Jones who went missing.

Home
    5 years old
    Shes tied to a chair, all alone
    Holding on to the arm of a teddybear
    She believes he's the only one who cares

CHORUS
    Baby, you don't have to believe that
    Someone will hug you when you come home
    You will get out of that wooden shack
    When you break free you will know where to go
    Darling, angel; Please...
    Just come home

She's crying in the dark
    She can't see where they are
    She hears voices, not knowing if they're real
    But she hangs on with only faith as her shield

CHORUS
    Baby, you can do this you're a soldier
    You'll get a hero's reward when you come home
    Just know that it can't get any colder
    When you break free you will know where to go
    Darling, angel; Please...
    Just come home

Her momma is dreaming of her every night
    Her Grandpa is praying she will be alright
    Her daddy is wishing on every shooting star tonight
    Every world is hoping they will reunite

CHORUS
    Baby, you are everyone's hero
    You made the world smile when you came home
    I promise you a better tomorrow
    You will never, ever be alone
    Darling, darling, darling; Thank you...
    For coming home

Hope you like it!
    BTW, it is on my soundcloud if you are interested!!!
    www.soundcloud/blueguitar14/home

Thanks!

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Here you are!!

[V1]
    just a normal girl like any other day
    walking to school thinking she would be okay
    then she heard the screamin' and she
    closed her eyes
    and she thought of that happy place
    and tried not to cry

[Chorus]
    she said i thought that she was a good girl
    i thought that she wanted to change the woRld
    she knew where she stood
    and always could understand
    and someone like her don't deserve that
    but whatever she did i guess she'd take it back

[V2]
    later that day she hid in her back yard
    just enough to be out of site but not to far
    thinkin' of what went wrong
    and took a deep breath
    and she's in that happy place
    not caring what comes ahead

[Chorus]
    cause she knew that she was a good girl
    and knew that she wanted to change the world
    she knew where she stood
    and always could understand
    and someone lIke her don't deserve that
    but whatever she did i guess she'd take it back

[Bridge]
    can't sleeP at night
    no not tonight
    she sits in the dark
    and doesn't make a sound
    only the beat of her heart
    is what is able to be found

and the news doesn't need to be explained
    no not tonight
    tomorrows not gonna be the same
    oooohh

[Chorus]
    and she said
    i knew that she was a good girl
    and i knew that she wanted to change the world
    i knew where she stood
    and i always could understand
    that someone like her don't deserve that
    but whatever she did i guess she can't take it back

not anymore..
    just a normal girl like any other day
    walking to school thinking she would be okay

Hidden Message: R.I.P

Visit my Songbook and my Threads
    ~"My songs aren't meant for girls to rip pages out of their diaries."~

~Nat

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I know you've already read this song but it's my only one in 3rd person so I'll enter it anyways :)

Shredding Paper

The paper doll on the windowsill
    Flutters softly into the night
    Into the angel’s outstretched wings
    A blinding light as the chorus sings

That pink crayon dress
    Lies forgotten on the floor
    Oh but she’s not a child anymore

She built up walls to keep the monsters out
    Cut out that house that lived on the shelf
    But she forgot to cut out a room for herself

The neighbor boys with their rooftop nights
    Walked alone in the dark as she turned off the lights
    To a life, to a beating heart
    And that’s when she’d start

With those lipstick stains on the front of her coat
    And slowly the trees started falling
    And Noah’s wife she was calling
    The stories she knew weren’t there
    But paper’s so easy to tear

The front steps melted at the age of thirteen
    And she started collapsing into history
    Like an oil spill her colors ran together
    But the rainbow inside is caught in fetters

The monsters were breaking
    The ground it was shaking
    Her imagination was aching
    And she fell to the ground

She said, “I used to believe in the stars of the night
    And the love of my brother, that set me aright
    But even paper can’t pretend to be stone
    Soon rain will come and destroy your home”

And those cries in the night got stuck in her throat
    And slowly the trees started falling
    And Noah’s wife she was calling
    The stories she knew weren’t there
    But paper’s so easy to tear
    If you run away
    Then you can’t go back
    The girl made of paper
    You know what you lack

They said ignorance is bliss
    But bliss can’t cover up the scars
    They’ll always put up a fight

And I know that even with
    Those lipstick stains on the front of your coat
    Even when your cries got stuck in your throat
    The trees will stop falling, I promise
    Noah’s wife won’t be calling
    Paper might be easy to tear
    But stories will always be there

Now the windowsill’s empty
    My curiosity’s tempting
    As my feet meet the floor
    I reach back for the door
    I see that pink crayon dress
    And my mind’s at rest

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Wow...these entries are deep, and raw, and SO emotional! Thanks for that!! I can already tell this contest will be a LOT of fun!! :)
    ~*Cali*~

RE: CaliF13's Songwriting Contest

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I've done so many songs telling stories about someone else's experience but none of them are in the third person :( I'll have to find time to write another one :/
    Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

Come and have a look at White Stone - a place where all swifties can feel safe sharing their walk with God and asking for prayer :) http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2207451/

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Fancy Get-Ups

Robert loved Maria Ball
    They never expected it to end
    It ended right before the fall
    Just like popular trends

Rehearse your lines
    Perfect your smile
    Read the signs
    And hope for that boy named Kyle

Back up, rewind
    to the end of school
    when summer had love to find
    and still acted cool

Rehearse your lines
    Perfect your smile
    Read the signs

Summer dances, first kisses
    Stary night wishes
    Fancy get-ups
    And heart broken break ups

Rehearse your lines
    Perfect your smile
    Read the signs

When summer ends
    Love ends
    When your boyfriend stops
    Your world stops

rehearse your lines
    Perfect your smile
    Read between the lines
    And learn to thrive

Summer has love to share
    But, apparently not here
    Its got to be somewhere
    But.... not.... near...

Summer..... Summer.... Not here-------

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Round 1 entry:)

Superstar

VERSE 1
    She fell for him and,
    He fell for fame but,
    She couldn't see through that,
    Everyone but her could tell,
    Her father warned him off but
    She couldn't let go-o-o,

CHORUS
    Everyone knows her, she's a superstar,
    Down-to-earth and well adored,
    He couldn't really return her love,
    But she lost her mind for him,
    The supersta-a-a-ar.

VERSE 2
    He ended it and,
    She cried over him,
    Wasted tears over that low life,
    He took advantage of her,
    She still couldn't let go-o-o,

CHORUS

BRIDGE
    Superstar, where are you now?
    Back at home breaking down over him,
    You got lost in his dreamy eyes,
    We've all been there but you gotta fight on,
    Cause your better than that,
    Your a su-u-upersta-a-a-a-a-a-ar.

CHORUS

OUTRO
    She fell for him and he fell for fame.

- Remember, Stay Fearless.

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM

All these entries are AMAZING!! Thanks SO much for entering, and this is gonna be a hard decision!! Lol :)
    ~*Cali*~

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

CaliF13 wrote:

Hey y'all!! I am hosting my second songwriting contest!! So, I haven't done one in a while because it's nice to just enter them sometimes. And I'm still busy, but I'll make time to judge!! :)

RULES and INFO
    1. You can't enter the same song twice
    2. One entry per round
    3. I'm using the points system
    4. Co-writes are allowed - just give credit!!
    5. Songs must fit the theme for each round
    6. Any questions feel free to PM me!
    7. I will have graphics for the winners! The maker is TaylorSwiftFan01 so if you have any questions or requests about your graphic or anything regarding that, PM HER, NOT ME! :)
    8. The themes will all be specific and different and if you're confused don't PM me, post it on the thread so when I address the problem, if anybody is confused about the same thing, they get an answer too!

Round 1 - OPEN
    Theme: Concept - Write a song in the third person, or as a narrative. So: He, her, she, etc. Just tell me a story! :)
    1st Place - TBA
    2nd Place - TBA
    3rd Place - TBA
    Fearless Award - TBA
    Best Lyric - TBA
    Starts: October 9th
    Ends: October 12th

Good luck and please enter!! PM if you have any questions! :) Thanks!
    ~*Cali*~

"Once a SWIFTIE,forever a SWIFTIE!"

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Soo cold!