1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Begin Again: A Swift Story (my novel)

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Begin Again: A Swift Story
by Annie
ATTENTION: I write novels to get my feelings out. This is about when you lose something you loved so much, but something kind of...superficial, you know. When you flip out about something shallow, but it hurts so much to you. This isn't true, I'm writing it because of a recent series of iPod events. (long story...I made a thread if you want to know) But it's getting my feelings out. Also, there's a bunch of other stuff going in my life that I'm gonna get rid of in this novel.

What's gonna happen, basically: A bunch of bad stuff happens to Ellie, and she things all life does is break, and burn, and end. But on a Wednesday, in a cafe, she'll begin again.

Chapter 1 - Barbie Doll

Just last week I was a happy girl - sweet boyfriend, popular, awesome BFFs. What would ever change? I assumed I would be that way forever - at least, as long as I could imagine.

But that was before Jennifer came along. You see, Jen is a Barbie-type girl. She has long, blonde hair, a perfect complexion, and awesome clothes. She wears tons of make-up and designer brands. She moved here a few days ago, and immediately turned super-popular. My best friends, Hannah, Laia, and Rachel, ditched me in a flash and are now Jen's BFFs. And don't even get me started on Luke. He texted me "dont think were gonna work out. sry. c ya round." and now he's going out with Jen. Cheap, right? A TEXT! That's even worse than when Joe Jonas broke up with my ALL-TIME FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WORLD, Taylor Swift, over a 30-second phone call.

So who am I? I'm Ellie Thompson, 13 years old, 7th grader. I used to be popular, but now I'm that girl who sits by herself at lunch. Who is friend-less and boyfriend-less. I still go on autopilot: I take the detour to English because I need to pass Laia's class, to walk with her. But she walks away from me, with Jen.

I stop outside the classroom door to imagine I'm talking to Laia. "Bye, see ya at lunch!" I would say. "'Kay, see you!" she would reply. And then we would wave goodbye and go to class. The sharp ring of the bell brings me back to reality. I sigh, and slowly walk to English, knowing I'm late.

"Where are you coming from?" Mrs. Bridge asks harshly as I enter the classroom.
"Um, my locker was jammed." I say.
Mrs. Bridge jabs a worksheet at me and says "I already collected the homework. Where's yours?"
I slap my hand to my forehead. I forgot again.
The class laughs as Mrs. Bridge shakes her head disdainfully. I sheepishly walk to my seat and quietly start filling out the worksheet.

1. What's one thing you want but you can't have?

As I read the first question, I sigh and look down. Friendship. Happiness. To be loved. Then I erase those answers, and do my best to hold back my tears.

Chapter 2 - All I Know Is Nothing

Apparently, Luke and Jen broke up. And how would I know? Well, why else would me ex-boyfriend talk to me?

"Hey, do you wanna go out with me?" Luke said.
"I thought we weren't gonna work out," I replied
"Listen, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have."
"You just figured that out?"
"Please, Ellie."

Hmmm, let me think. A few months ago, he dumped me for a cool girl named Cleo. She was only visiting for a week, though, and he wanted me back after she left. About a month ago, he dated some 9th grader named Sierra for a couple weeks, but then she dumped him for someone her age. After a few days of thinking, I went out with Luke again. But every time he says sorry, he doesn't mean it.

"No."
"I'm sorry, Ellie!"

Time to get in Swift mode!!!!

"You're not sorry, nooooo."
"Ellie, what do you mean?"
"Begging for forgiveness, begging for me!"
"Don't tell me you're in Swift mode."
"I told you I'm not bulletproof, now you know."
"I thought you wanted to go out with me!"
"I realized some bigger dreams of mine."
"Fifteen? Really, Ellie? Really?"
"I'll be out of here as soon as I can."
"OK, Ellie, I get it. You can-"
"I see it all now I was wrong."
"Ellie, please-"
"The story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now."
"Oh, Ellie, listen to-"
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this!"
"ELLIE. What is wrong with-"
"Why you gotta be so mean?"
"Huh?"
"All you are is mean!"
"Um..."
"And a liar, and pathetic!"
"Oh, God."
"And alone in life, and MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Ellie, I get your point, OK? Could we just get back together?"

I smile. I've been saving the best for last. In the middle of the school hallway, my amazing voice stops everyone. I suddenly break out into "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and everyone listens. When I'm done, a huge crowd of middle schoolers applauds. I turn on my heels and walk away, to my locker. I can hear the loud laughter as my fellow students watch the embarrassed Luke. I laugh, too.

When I check YouTube later that day, I see that a video has gone viral. And...it's me. Singing WANEGBT to Luke in the school hallway. Turning on my heels. I love it! Maybe, just maybe, I'd be okay.

But then I remember: I have no friends. I just embarrassed my ex, but now I REALLY don't have a boyfriend. Oh, and did I mention my mom's in the hospital? And it's possible that her disease is fatal? I didn't, sorry. But I have now. All I know is nothing. Nothing at all.

Chapter 3 - All You Are Is Mean

Later that evening, I get a text from Jen. hey wats up? wanna hang out? it read.
did my old bffs ditch u? I reply.
y would u think that?
y else would u talk 2 me? I'm more logical than she is.
no i have 2 talk 2 u bout luke
dont wanna talk bout him I text, not wanting to start crying again.
y did u do that? hes so sad
u would understand if u knew the story
i have time Jen must really, really care. Or she's trying to trick me.
no, ok? i g2g
wat the...

This time I don't reply. I stuff my phone in my purse and decide to go make some friends. I call a girl in my French class, Claire.

"Hi, it's Claire!"
"Um, hi...it's Ellie."
"OMG Ellie! I was there when you sang! You're amazing and that was hilarious!"
"I did my best."
"You're really funny!"
"I'm glad you think so, cause I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today."
"Cool! What time do you wanna come over?"
"I was thinking the mall?"
"Oh sweet! I love to shop!"
"Great! I'll meet you at the West entrance at 2:30."
"Cool, see ya then!"
I hang up and grin. Finally, a friend!

When I arrive at the mall, Claire is waiting with another girl. "Sorry," Claire said, "but I thought you would like Liss, a friend of mine. So invited her."
"That's fine!" I say with a smile. I'll welcome anyone who's willing to be my friend.

We spend 3 hours trying on clothes, modeling for each other, discussing which jeans we should buy, laughing, and talking about stuff - boys, Jen, school, sports. At 5:30, we grab some dinner in the food court.

"I gotta say," I tell my new friends, "this afternoon has made me feel a lot better. Cause, the thing is, I've had a really bad life for the past few weeks. Ever since Jen came, you know, Luke dumped me, my 3 former best friends ditched me, and also, my mom's in the hospital with a possibly-fatal disease."

Liss gasps. "Ohmigosh, Ellie!" she says. "I'm so, so, so sorry! I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers!"
Claire agrees. "Consider us your new best friends," she adds.
I grin and yell, "Group hug!"

"About Jen, it seems she's a boyfriend-stealing, best friend-stealing, super-mean Barbie," Liss sighs.
"Mean," I say with a smirk.
"Ellie..." Claire knows I have an idea.
"Do you guys know the song Mean by Taylor?" I ask.
"Yeah," Liss and Claire reply unsurely. "It's one of my favorites!" they say in unison and we all laugh.
With a huge smile on my face, I step onto the food court table and break out into song. My strong, beautiful voice echoes throughout the huge room as people stop and stare. "You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons, that you use against me!"

Liss and Claire step up on the table and join in. About a minute later, we all have microphones set up with the mall's speakers, and people are cramming into the food court to watch us. They're all singing with us. There's a poster place set up, and people are pushing to get to it so they can make cool posters. Then Jen appears. She scowls, but then starts singing along.

Hundreds of shoppers are singing along with 3 7th-graders. The stage is a mall table. The mall officials are blasting the instrumentals, and we're the stars. People are waving posters, cheering, and singing. Almost everyone is videoing with their iPhones or cameras. Is this what it's like to be famous? Cause it's amazing! "Someday, I'll be singing this in a food court, and all you're ever gonna be is mean!"

At the bridge, Liss and Claire dropped out to do the background vocals. I have a complete solo on the last line, and they hop down and stand on the chairs. "Why you gotta be so mean?" I sing, and on the last beat, the two of them point to me and I put my hands in the heart hands.

The crowd does the same with their hands as they cheer. And, for just one afternoon, I got it. I knew why Taylor was such a happy person. How could you not be when they all loved you so much? For just one afternoon, I was Taylor.

Chapter 4

The next day, I walked into homeroom only to find a picture of me in the middle of tons of confetti, hair in the midst of a Taylor-style flip, singing "Mean" at the mall up on the SMART Board. The fans were reaching, reaching, trying to touch me. Hands and posters waved. You're not mean, some posters read. My favorite poster said, Fell for Elle!!!!! I realized for the first time, looking at the poster, what beautiful was. It wasn't my straight, shiny, long, bright red hair. It wasn't my silver sequined minidress. It wasn't my gold stilettos.

Beautiful was my smile. Not the white of it, but the sparkle. You could tell I loved what I was doing. And seeing that, the little twinkle in my eye, that's what beautiful is - happiness.

In homeroom, we visited the Ellie Thompson fansite. It featured the viral YouTube video of my WANEGBT performance to Luke and multiple videos of my "Mean" performance. There was even a fan-edited slow-motion video. There were lots of clips put into slow motion: fans cheering, posters waving, my hair flip, my ending...

There was a GIF resource where people could snap GIFs from the videos. There was a chatroom where people were talking about me. There was a pinboard where people could post photos and comments. There was a music player which played audio of both performances.

I was stunned. Someone had gone through a lot of trouble to make an Ellie Thompson fansite. Our class decided to make a video and post it on the site's pinboard.

"Hey guys! It's Ellie," I opened. "I'm in homeroom at school. I'm in 7th grade, by the way. My class and I were checking out the fansite, and it's really awesome of y'all to do this. I really appreciate it."
"I'm Liss, and this is Claire. We were in the Mean performance, if you don't recognize us."
"I'm Sydney, and I was there!"
"I'm Jen, and I was that gorgeous girl in the audience."
"I'm Chris, and I...well, I don't know."
"I'm Luke, and I admit...I was the guy Ellie was singing to in the We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together video. Cause I had just asked if we could get back together and it was the 4th time, so you know, y'all know what happened."
"Hiya! I'm Rachel and I loved both performances! I watched both!"
I smiled and took the camera back. "Thanks so much, y'all, for loving me. I can't tell you how happy you've made me."

And I smiled that smile again. That twinkle in my eye, there it was again. I was beautiful, and for the first time in a year, I could see it.

Whaddaya think? Should I keep going?

forever&always, cupcake

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Begin Again (my novel)

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Keep going... I love it!

Re: Begin Again (my novel)

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Thank you!

forever&always, cupcake

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:41 AM

KEEP GOING!!! its AWESOME!!
    Fearless isn't just a word. To Speak Now isn't just a thing to do. Red isn't just a color. And Taylor Swift isn't just a name...
    I spoke now on February 9
    LONG LIVE TAYLOR

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:42 AM

now im gonna be in swift mode for the rest of my life!!!
    Fearless isn't just a word. To Speak Now isn't just a thing to do. Red isn't just a color. And Taylor Swift isn't just a name...
    I spoke now on February 9
    LONG LIVE TAYLOR

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM

haha yeah I've actually done that!!!!

forever&always, cupcake

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

What do all you Swifties think?

forever&always, cupcake

Re: Begin Again: A Swift Story (my novel)

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM

keep going... i really love this!:D
    IncREDibly RED-dy for October 22nd:)

Made by: InMyBestRedDress

come on baby with me were gonna fly away, from here; RIP Ronan

Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Thank you so much! I will!

forever&always, cupcake

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM

bump

You see how completely and totally flawless that is? It's because Tanya made it.

forever&always, cupcake

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM

i love swift mode and how she did WANEGBT but I want to know what Jen wanted!!

(^) TanyaxOh

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Oh haha!!!!!!!

You see how completely and totally flawless that is? It's because Tanya made it.

forever&always, cupcake

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

oms i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!

2&4: FearlessForever13 3: Polar13Bear

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

When I read it I was like:

Can you read mine??(In my links)

I am

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Omg I wanna read the rest. I lovelovelove it!!!

My songwriting contest: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2185131/page/1?r=16433201#post_16433201

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Keep going!!!! the swift mode thing was hilarious!!
    Iused2BeTaylorSwiftFan4Life

^HAVpeace13

^Me
    Shop|Contest|Review

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Keep going this story is awesome!! I absolutely love it!! :)
    "Being Fearless isn’t being 100% unafraid, it’s being terrified but you jump anyway"
    People Haven't Always Been There For Me, But Taylor Swift always has

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM

New chapter, new chapter, new chapter! Oh come on! :) I love the swift mode! Its so dramatic and cool and awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In memory of the SPEAK NOW ERA!

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM

annieeeeeeeeeee new chapter!

heleh|TLQ|Me
    Avi: Dani_PazL

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Loving it
    Enter my enchanting songwriting contest!
    link: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2290522/page/1?r=18279042#post_18279042
    ~ MyRedGuitar

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Keep continuing Plz

Thanks toAutumnLeavesFalling for the graphic! :) And Avatar by the lovel