Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Life's Song Writing Contest!

Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Hey I'd like to submit a song I wrote :)

Every Single Day

Here you go again today
    Twisting words, bending truths
    Another sad, sad game you play
    I built this wall between us both
    To shelter me from falling cause
    I'm too tired to rebuild this time

Another day
    Another fight I can't win

Take off your shoes
    Walk in mine for a day
    Tell me could you take a blow from you like I do
    Every single day
    Look through my eyes
    And tell me what you see
    Will you be so proud with what you see in yourself
    Cause that's what I deal with
    Every single day

Here I go again today
    Nodding heads, faking smiles
    You have no idea what I know
    Wiping tears from my blue eyes
    You think I walk around clueless
    Swallowing everything you say

Another day
    Another fight I can't win

Take off your shoes
    Walk in mine for a day
    Every single day
    Look through my eyes
    And tell me what you see
    Every single day

Last page
    End of chapter
    Your lead walks off the stage
    And everyone around feels better too
    First page
    Brand new chapter
    We all walk onto the stage
    Hand in hand, we are on top tonight

Take off your shoes
    Walk in mine for a day
    Every single day
    Look through my eyes
    And tell me what you see
    Every single day

This time that wall I built around myself
    Kept me up when you blew by
    L.O.V.E.

"Don't ever, never, if forever let yourself go. Stay true to who you are.
    Don't ever, never, if forever let those dreams fall. We are in this together."

I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM

This is for my sister! (:

There For You

Verse 1
    From the start, we've never been apart, 
    we've not seen it all yet, 
    but we're never going to forget, 
    everything that we've been through together. 

Chorus
    You've been here through all the thick and thin, 
    you've been here from the beginning, 
    you'll stand with me in the rain, 
    stand up for me time and time again, 
    I know you'll always be there for me, 
    so I want to let you know I'll be there for you.

Verse 2
    And when they break me down into tears, 
    you're here, trying to make me laugh
    and you always succeed. 
    When things don't go has you planned, 
    and you don't know what to do, 
    I'll be there to help you back on your feet.

Chorus
    so I want to let you know I'll be there for you.

Bridge
    I'll be there for you,
    when things start to turn blue,
    when you discover bad truths,
    I'll be there on your side,
    Because I'll always be there for you.

Chorus
    so I want to make sure you know I'll be there for you. 
    so I want to make sure you know I'll be there for you.

Till the end. I'll be there for you.

RED

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I'd love to enter! And I'll advertise it on my contest.
    -Kat

Graphic made by the lovely Foreverever13

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Here's my entry! It's about a beautiful boy who always gets me with his songs....

Title: "Surrender and Be Mine"

I always
    Locked my heart in secret.
    Too hard for feeling.
    Now I left it open.
    I hope you notice.
    Right above the door
    There's a note
    The message is clear,
    It says your name.
    Just don't be afraid.

Chorus:
    I'll paint you pictures
    To send to
    That place deep in your heart.
    I'll show you better.
    Things you never
    Knew existed.
    I'll be waiting,
    Patient.
    For you do decide.
    Just surrender.
    Surrender and be mine.

Like a performance,
    You try your best and
    Hope that they like it.
    I'll just keep trying,
    So don't waste our time denying.
    Denying what's real.
    Darling, this is how I feel.

Repeat Chorus

I won't give you details
    Cause that's not
    What is important.
    I won't give you reasons.
    When you know it
    Things like that are unimportant.
    Just surrender,
    Surrender and Be Mine.
    -Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Your Language

Verse 1:
    I say “Never let go
    Once you get hold on love
    Don’t ask for presents or so
    Just loving’s gotta be enough”
    I say ‘Believe in forever’
    And that downs get better
    And you say simply nothing
    ‘Cause taking my hand
    Were the words you never said

Chorus:
    I’m not going anywhere tonight
    So come over here if you can find some time
    Feel comfortable ‘cause my home’s yours
    Use your language to open the doors
    I’m not ever gonna leave you alone
    You wouldn’t ever have to stand on your own
    I’ll want you and make you feel wanted
    Talk your language to get in my head
    I’m not going anywhere tonight
    Talk your language to get in my mind

Verse 2:
    I say “Nobody’s perfect
    Love big and live in respect
    Being single ain’t being alone
    Strong ladies stand on their own”
    I say ‘Be honest and true
    What’s the use in acting cool’
    And you say nothing at all
    ‘Cause kissing my head
    Are the words you never said

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    You move like poetry
    Like words bouncing on a page
    You’re the lines I’ll never erase

Repeat Chorus

^ This gorgeous graphic is made by Music 21

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM

hey dude its cheating ISNT IT if we enter?????????????? :) BUMMER.
    and wow TONS OF ENTRIES!!!!!
    THIS. IS. AWESOMELY. SWIFTASTIC. :)
    - sherry
    from four cali swifties to y'all... {long live}
    Taylor Swift

Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 5:43 PM

ROUND TWO OPEN!

love love love,

alive4_now and life4_us

ENTER PLZ LOVE LOVE LOVE

Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Round two!!

Look At What You've Done To Me

Take the pieces of my heart
    And throw them out to everyone
    Leaving me exposed
    Shut me down just once today
    But then you'll say you're sorry
    And I'll come running back
    Day by day, it's all the same
    I feel suffocated by you 
    Cause you blocked all my walls  

Then I said I'll let you go

And then someone else comes to pick me up
    But I recoiled from his touch
    And it's not that I don't love him now
    My past keeps hanging on
    This internal bleeding he can't see
    That only time can heal
    Look at what you've done to me
    I had to tell him
    Please be patient
    Please wait for this pain to heal

He tries capturing all my secrets
    But I can't seem to let him in like that
    Because of you
    Night by night, it was the same with you
    Cutting words across the cords
    Then you sang out all my flaws

Then I said I'll let you go

My past keeps hanging on
    That only time can heal 
    I had to tell him
    Please be patient

Someday it will happen
    I'll forget about you
    Someday I'll be free once again

My past keeps hanging on
    That only time can heal 
    I had to tell him
    Please be patient

Now that these words are free
    I will be with him soon
    L.O.V.E.

"Don't ever, never, if forever let yourself go. Stay true to who you are.
    Don't ever, never, if forever let those dreams fall. We are in this together."

I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 3:09 AM

WOW, did I really just get first place!! :O That means so much to me, thank you!!!!!!!!

^ This gorgeous graphic is made by Music 21

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:09 AM

wow you all write amazing songs!!!!!!!!

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:22 AM

to the lovely TaylorFanM:

yes :) you did :)! love love love ure song you entered that round :)!

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Aww, I got second? Yay, and with my amazing friend Fourteen Rockets.!!!! So happy, thank you so so much darling!
    -Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I'll enter the next round too.
    -Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM

ohh can't wait for your entry :)

Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:50 AM

bump :)

RE: Life's Song Writing Contest!

Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM

{FAIRYTALE}

It didn't take long for me to realise
    That the moon and the stars are as bright as your eyes.
    From the moment I saw you I knew we were meant to be.
    My wings were tied down but with you I could fly free.

My heart was yearning for something more.
    With you in my life I am happy for sure.
    Now all that's on my face is a smile of pure delight.
    On a shooting star I wished love me you'd might.

Cause you've taken something broken
    And made it beautiful and new.
    My heart was exposed and open
    For you to make my dreams come true.
    And I know I don't have to keep on searching
    Cause I've found what I was looking for.

All I ever wanted stands in front of me.
    Everyday I ask myself is this love I see?
    But I know the answer is simple and true.
    Yes I say, I love you.

Cause you've taken something broken
    And made it beautiful and new.
    My heart was exposed and open
    For you to make my dreams come true.
    And I know I don't have to keep on searching
    Cause I've found what I was looking for.

I can't believe that this story is mine,
    Right out of a fairytale is where you would find
    Because people like you don't arrive by chance
    With my Prince Charming I will dance.

Stay Fearlessly Beautiful,

TaylorRose xx

Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Here is mine!

Super Girl!
    [V1]
    I'm flying high taking pictures in my mind
    never know when i'll need them sometime
    I can see through your heart like super girl
    never know when i'll have to save your world

I'm intimidated by the fear of falling down
    Cause instead of landing in your arms, i'd be ON THE GROUND
    You look to scared to be alone..... yeah
    We can fly above the clouds, but baby don't let go

[Chorus]
    And to think that any day, any time, i could save you
    Cause the way you're looking it's no that hard to do
    and don't you get it after 8 months straight?
    so many sleepless nights just calling your name
    I was always on your side hoping to save the world
    but if you'd just notice me, i could be, your super girl

[V2]
    Someday I will take you and save the world
    And then you'll see or have you already heard?
    I can't get over every single word you say
    So you can take the lead and i'll be okay

We'll fly above the ground, but baby don't look down

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
    Oh just look at me, cause you'll never ever know
    I've been here since the first day waiting in the cold
    But you can't forget about me and everything
    oh Baby don't look down.....

[Repeat Chorus]

Oh i could be.... your Super Girl.

Visit my Songbook and my Threads
    ~"My songs aren't meant for girls to rip pages out of their diaries."~
    I watched it Begin Again.
    ~Natalie~

Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hey, this is curse, it's about loving a guy who you know is really bad for you, hope you like it!x
    curse
    Verse 1: Do you remember the first day, when I saw you
    You probably don’t but I do
    I remember your green eyes, staring into mine
    Oh for me it was love at first sight
    I knew those green eyes spelled trouble
    But I didn’t foresee the struggle
    I would go through
    Just to love youuuu
    Pre chorus: I love you so much but I gotta save myself
    Before this love collapses in on itself
    So I gotta stand back
    And say that…
    Chorus: You’re just a curse
    Since you said those magic words
    I’m under your spell
    One look from you and I fell
    Right into your arms again
    But baby you’re just a curse
    I feel your poison fill my veins
    You got me wrapped up in these chains
    Why does loving you have to hurt
    Oh boy you’re my curse
    Verse 2: Loving you’s like a constant war
    An enemy you adore
    I came out alive
    But I won’t next time
    Oh love I’ve been so stupid
    To forgive the things you did
    And now I’m in the palm of your hand
    Oh wish you would understand
    And now your in charge of me
    And boy I gotta break free
    Pre chorus: I love you so much but I gotta save myself
    Before this love collapses in on itself
    So I gotta stand back
    And say that
    Chorus: You’re just a curse
    Since you said those magic words
    I’m under your spell
    One look from you and I fell
    Right into your arms again
    But baby you’re just a curse
    I feel your poison fill my veins
    You got me wrapped up in these chains
    Why does loving you have to hurt
    Oh boy you’re my curse
    Bridge: Cos someday baby
    This love is gonna kill me, kill me
    You’ll stand over my body, body
    And I hope you feel guilty, guilty
    And know you killed me, killed me with your curse
    Chorus times2
    Outro: Your poison in my veins
    Killin me more and more each day
    But I, I love you still
    And I know I will
    Till your curse gets the kill
    Thank you Taylor, you made things change for me...

Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Second Contest Entry!

Title: "You And I"

I remember that night.
    Such a perfect little script it went by.
    Every line and every sad smile.
    Every scene had it's perfect song.

Chorus 1:
    Oh, baby, tell me what it is.
    Tell me the truth, I can take it.
    I don't want to sit here
    And ruin this perfect night.
    Its beauty shouldn't be ruined
    By you and I.

Just when you think it's perfect,
    Something goes wrong and turns it.
    I felt the tension, came with no reason.
    And I've heard this song before.
    I've heard the trouble knocking at my door and I
    Don't want to go through it all tonight.

Chorus 2:
    Oh, baby, why the silence?
    I'm strong, but I can't take this.
    I don't want to sit here
    And ruin this perfect night.
    Its beauty shouldn't be ruined
    By you and I.

Bridge:
    You just drive me crazy,
    So vague
    And never a word to say.
    But you know I love you,
    With everything we've been through,
    Tell me what is on your mind.

With that light in your eyes,
    You know I love it,
    Give me that shining smile
    And darling I'm gone.
    You whisper three words.
    I thought it would hurt,
    But now I know what's got your tongue.
    Like I've said before, I love you
    And it's only just begun.

-Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Aw, thank you so so much! I'm so happy that becs13 won because she entered that same song in my songwriting contest and I gave her first place. It's just amazing!!!
    -Kat

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.