Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: I love writing. Join me?

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Wow.. that's really beautiful!! Ummm.. I'm not much of a writer.. well.. It's more that I'm not very good at it.. & I'm not sure what I'd write about.. I may try but I'd definately loaf 2 see some of urs!!

I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I'd be honored to join you :)
    "Life is not about learning to weather the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain." --- Taylor Swift :)

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:15 AM

A piece of writing that I share a lot on the boards is a series called "Stockholm Syndrome" It's a six book series about a fictitious pop star named Linda Niles who gets kidnapped, here is the first chapter of the first story

Meet and Greet

Martin didn’t have to wait much longer, soon weeks of planning and anticipation would pay off. The place was at the Destiny Hill Mall, the person was teen pop sensation Linda Niles, and the plan was to kidnap her. The mall had been advertising about her appearance, she was going to be there for the opening of the new Zidane’s clothing store. The store’s target audience was the same as the target audience for Linda’s music, so it made sense for the two to team up.
    Destiny Hill was a small town and people knew Martin, especially at the cancer research center that he poured thousands of dollars of his own money into. Considering what he was planning to do, it would be foolish to not wear a disguise. He wore a jerry curl wig, along with a fake curly stubble. The wig and stubble were itchy and the urge to scratch was difficult to overcome.
    He had arrived at six in the morning, he was a bit surprised to see a few others already waiting. Linda was to be there at noon and that meant six hours of waiting. He couldn’t leave to eat or go to the bathroom in fear of losing of his spot. As the hours passed the line grew longer, the screaming grew louder and his heart thumped faster. The security guards tried to keep order but as the time grew closer, they knew there wasn’t going to be any.
    The kidnapping was to be a bloodless affair; Martin didn’t bring any weapons except for a handkerchief covered with chloroform and he didn’t plan to use violence. The back of the store had a mandatory fire door which lead to an exit to a parking lot where his car was waiting. He was to drive the car to an abandoned gas station where his real car was. The car he planned to get away from the mall in was stolen. He had taken it a few days earlier and by the end of the day it would be back in its owner’s hands.
    Martin checked his watch; it was just a few minutes till noon and the tweens behind him grew restless, the variety of screams, cries and whining filled the air.

“Open up”

“Quit shoving”

“Mommy is she going to be here?”

“You stop shoving”

“Be quiet or we’re going home”

Martin’s plan would only have a few seconds to take place, it was undoubtedly going to be a get in and get out type of affair. Since he was in the front of the line he would meet her while she still had energy and be willing to take a photo with him. His watch started beeping and the doors opened along with the mouths of hundreds of kids screaming.
    The few people in front of him where in and out within a few minutes, finally it was Martin’s turn. He walked into the store; there was Linda with a marker in her hand and a stack of photos of herself. He had only seen her in person once before at a concert last summer, she looked different then, probably because of the fancy outfit she wore then and the casual wear she wore now.
    “Hello, name?” Linda said in a cheery voice, oblivious to the events about to occur.
    “Uh, Jacob, Jacob Walker” Martin said lying.
    “To Jacob Walker, keep rocking on, yours truly Linda Niles” Linda said slowly writing out each word on a photo as she talked. She then handed the photo to Martin.
    “Can I have a photo with you?” Martin nervously asked. Linda dismissed the nervousness as him being in awe of her.

“Ok but just one, Steve get the camera” Linda said talking to a photographer with a camera on a tripod. They walked in front of the camera, Linda put her arm around Martin as he put his hand into his pocket and grabbed the chloroform stained handkerchief.

“Nice big smile now” Steve the photographer said robotically, probably because he had said it hundreds of times over his career. A security guard was to Martin’s left, Linda to his right and the fire exit right behind him. He pulled the handkerchief out of his pocket with his right hand and put it over Linda’s mouth. He then used his left arm to hoist her over his shoulder and he darted out the door. He ignored the security guards screams, along with Linda kicking his chest. He ran out the fire exit setting off an alarm, down the stairs, out another door and into the parking lot.
    By this time the chloroform had knocked Linda out and she stopped kicking. The car was in the front of the lot; he opened the back door and tossed Linda in the back seat. Martin didn’t bother to lock the car earlier; people were here to see the celebrity not steal cars. He got into the driver’s seat and looked out the windshield to see several security guards running out the fire exit. He quickly speed out of the parking lot and headed for the exit. A security jeep was blocking the exit but the barley trained security guard showed his inexperience. Adjacent to the exit weren’t walls but just a meridian separating the parking lot from the main road. The car Martin was in had no trouble going over it and soon the security guard had lost sight of him.

Watch my talented friend Brooke sing

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2009001

Graphic made by the talented Brooke

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM

xX Mrs_Peeta_Mellark Xx wrote:
    Wow.. that's really beautiful!! Ummm.. I'm not much of a writer.. well.. It's more that I'm not very good at it.. & I'm not sure what I'd write about.. I may try but I'd definately loaf 2 see some of urs!!

I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Thanks! I worked hard on that intro. :)
    Anyway, I think it's totally cool that you'd want to keep reading from me! :) Thanks!

Made by Dani_PazL Thanks so much!
    If ninth grade was a movie, it would be over by now...

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Studio13B wrote:
    I'd be honored to join you :)
    "Life is not about learning to weather the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain." --- Taylor Swift :)

Awesome. :)

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

#13Swifty wrote:
    A piece of writing that I share a lot on the boards is a series called "Stockholm Syndrome" It's a six book series about a fictitious pop star named Linda Niles who gets kidnapped, here is the first chapter of the first story

Meet and Greet

Martin didn’t have to wait much longer, soon weeks of planning and anticipation would pay off. The place was at the Destiny Hill Mall, the person was teen pop sensation Linda Niles, and the plan was to kidnap her. The mall had been advertising about her appearance, she was going to be there for the opening of the new Zidane’s clothing store. The store’s target audience was the same as the target audience for Linda’s music, so it made sense for the two to team up.
    Destiny Hill was a small town and people knew Martin, especially at the cancer research center that he poured thousands of dollars of his own money into. Considering what he was planning to do, it would be foolish to not wear a disguise. He wore a jerry curl wig, along with a fake curly stubble. The wig and stubble were itchy and the urge to scratch was difficult to overcome.
    He had arrived at six in the morning, he was a bit surprised to see a few others already waiting. Linda was to be there at noon and that meant six hours of waiting. He couldn’t leave to eat or go to the bathroom in fear of losing of his spot. As the hours passed the line grew longer, the screaming grew louder and his heart thumped faster. The security guards tried to keep order but as the time grew closer, they knew there wasn’t going to be any.
    The kidnapping was to be a bloodless affair; Martin didn’t bring any weapons except for a handkerchief covered with chloroform and he didn’t plan to use violence. The back of the store had a mandatory fire door which lead to an exit to a parking lot where his car was waiting. He was to drive the car to an abandoned gas station where his real car was. The car he planned to get away from the mall in was stolen. He had taken it a few days earlier and by the end of the day it would be back in its owner’s hands.
    Martin checked his watch; it was just a few minutes till noon and the tweens behind him grew restless, the variety of screams, cries and whining filled the air.

“Open up”

“Quit shoving”

“Mommy is she going to be here?”

“You stop shoving”

“Be quiet or we’re going home”

Martin’s plan would only have a few seconds to take place, it was undoubtedly going to be a get in and get out type of affair. Since he was in the front of the line he would meet her while she still had energy and be willing to take a photo with him. His watch started beeping and the doors opened along with the mouths of hundreds of kids screaming.
    The few people in front of him where in and out within a few minutes, finally it was Martin’s turn. He walked into the store; there was Linda with a marker in her hand and a stack of photos of herself. He had only seen her in person once before at a concert last summer, she looked different then, probably because of the fancy outfit she wore then and the casual wear she wore now.
    “Hello, name?” Linda said in a cheery voice, oblivious to the events about to occur.
    “Uh, Jacob, Jacob Walker” Martin said lying.
    “To Jacob Walker, keep rocking on, yours truly Linda Niles” Linda said slowly writing out each word on a photo as she talked. She then handed the photo to Martin.
    “Can I have a photo with you?” Martin nervously asked. Linda dismissed the nervousness as him being in awe of her.

“Ok but just one, Steve get the camera” Linda said talking to a photographer with a camera on a tripod. They walked in front of the camera, Linda put her arm around Martin as he put his hand into his pocket and grabbed the chloroform stained handkerchief.

“Nice big smile now” Steve the photographer said robotically, probably because he had said it hundreds of times over his career. A security guard was to Martin’s left, Linda to his right and the fire exit right behind him. He pulled the handkerchief out of his pocket with his right hand and put it over Linda’s mouth. He then used his left arm to hoist her over his shoulder and he darted out the door. He ignored the security guards screams, along with Linda kicking his chest. He ran out the fire exit setting off an alarm, down the stairs, out another door and into the parking lot.
    By this time the chloroform had knocked Linda out and she stopped kicking. The car was in the front of the lot; he opened the back door and tossed Linda in the back seat. Martin didn’t bother to lock the car earlier; people were here to see the celebrity not steal cars. He got into the driver’s seat and looked out the windshield to see several security guards running out the fire exit. He quickly speed out of the parking lot and headed for the exit. A security jeep was blocking the exit but the barley trained security guard showed his inexperience. Adjacent to the exit weren’t walls but just a meridian separating the parking lot from the main road. The car Martin was in had no trouble going over it and soon the security guard had lost sight of him.

ooooooohhhhhhh that's good! And interesting, too. I want to read the rest!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Welcome

Linda woke up, she felt like what a drum must feel after a concert of being banged on. She looked around, she was in a windowless room with a carpet a couch and a TV, there was a pillar in the middle and two doors. Her wrist had a shackle on it and the shackle and was built into the pillar, she tried tugging but to avail, she cursed herself for even thinking that would work. A guy walked in, it couldn’t have been the kidnapper, his was hair shorter, not curly and he didn’t have a stubble.

“Good afternoon firecracker” the man said in a very relaxed way. Linda wanted to scream, she wanted to demand letting her go but no words came, she felt a fear far worse than any stage fright.

“I know this a shock to you so I’m going to let you settle in and see how are you are this evening, the bathroom is through the other door, your shackle is long enough to reach it and don’t waste energy screaming nobody will hear you” the kidnapper said as walked out the door. she noticed the TV the guy forgot to mention, she was able to walk over to it and turn it on, to her surprise the TV worked and seem to have cable, not to her surprise her kidnapping was on every channel.

“The small town of Destiny Hill was in for a shock today when an unknown man kidnapped teen pop star Linda Niles, she was at the Destiny Hill Mall for a meet and greet when one of the fans grabbed her and ran off with her, the man was able to get to a car and drive off with her, the car was found a few miles away in an abandon gas station, police say the car used was reported stolen about a week ago, no ransom has been reported, and the police have no leads, fans today have a mixture of fear, sadness and anger, shrines have been set up around the country as people pray for her safe return, even in this time of grief people have expressed their rage over what they call poor planning by the mall security team. Joe Tyler the head of the security of the mall has already submitted his resignation; stay tuned as more details become available”

The rest of the report talked about Linda’s music career, to her shock some of what they reported was actually true. According to the clock on the TV channel, it was nearly two in the afternoon, she remembered the meet and greet started out noon and she was kidnapped about 5 minutes later, meaning she was out for almost two hours. She then grew extremely nervous; What if he brought her there and just planned to leave her to starve? Maybe he just needed money and wanted a ransom. How much could he possible want? A million? Two million? If all he wanted was money then this could be easy, if not, well she didn’t want to think about it. He said he would be back later so she just had to wait and see.

After a few hours she became bored of watching her own kidnapping report and had switched to cartoons, she thought that if she was a voice actress this wouldn’t have happened. At six exactly the door opened up, the kidnapper was there and Linda’s heart jumped, this time however she was able to find the words.

“Where’s the other guy?” Linda said in a rush.

“What other guy?” the kidnapper asked slightly amused.

“The one with the curly hair and scruffy beard”

The man laughed. “I am him, that was disguise, only a mourn would kidnap the most popular teen in the country without one”

“Oh I’m sorry I just thought there were two of you”

The man laughed again. “Don’t apologize; I doubt anyone would be able to think straight if they were in your situation”

“So uh what happens now?” Linda said fearing the answer.

“Now we eat, even kidnappers get hungry” the man said in a joking matter.

“Listen Linda, I am going to remove you from that shackle, I have been and plan on being kind, if you try to do something dumb such as run or scream for help my kindness will end and you won’t like the replacement”

“Of, of course not”

“That’s a good girl” The man took out a key and unlocked the shackle, instinct told Linda to run but her brain told her not to be an idiot. The man took her by the wrist and pulled her along gently, as if trying to avoid hurting her. In the next room was a flight of stairs and they ascended them. The next floor had windows and Linda saw a very orange sun set. Not too far from the stairs was a table with food, the man tugged her to the table, there were mac and cheese on one side and pork chops on the other.
    “Three different tween magazines said you liked mac and cheese”

“Uh yeah thank you” Linda said surprised she had just thanked the guy who was holding her against her will. The man sat down at the chair with the pork chops in front of it, Linda sat down with the one with the Mac and cheese. She was nervous but hungry if the food was poisoned it would be worth it. Linda looked around, the man was very formally cutting his food and eating it, a cup of orange juice was next to the plate, along the walls of the kitchen where posters of different bands, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, My Chemical Romance, The Mighty Mighty Blossoms, No Doubt, Linda was surprised by the variety. Attached to each poster were concert tickets, some had more than others, one post caught her eye, it was a poster with her on it. It had two concert tickets attached to it; the tickets were for the same day, who went with him she wondered.

“Well aren’t you going to eat? I can assure you I know how to cook” the man said calmly.

“Of course, I just was looking at the posters” Linda said quickly taking her fork and grabbing a big chunk of mac. She looked at her fork, it was plastic, but the kidnapper’s was metal, this guy thought of everything. After the dinner the man got up walked over to her, Linda could contain her fears no more.

“What do you want with me?” Linda asked her heart beating faster than ever. The man simply smiled.

“Why are you afraid?” the man said confused but sill calm.

“I’m sorry I just, well you haven’t told me anything”

The man’s smiled returned. “Unfortunately you won’t be useful for another 72 hours, I’m sorry for the inconvenience but this was the only time you’d be in town, 72 hours from now you were going to appear on a LA talk show”

“72 hours, that’s three days right?”

“Someone was awake during math class, but yes it is, I will explain things eventually, in the mean time relax, I have no intention of harming you, just try to resist the urge to run, it won’t do anyone any good, now I’m going to have to bring back your room, the couch has a fold out bed”

The man took her by the wrist and tugged her along back down the stairs and to the room. He put the shackle back on her wrist and headed out.

“Good night firecracker” the man said as he turned the light switch off. Linda was able to easily unfold the bed from the couch, pillows and a blanket in a corner of the room proved there worth when she went to lay down. She was tired but couldn’t find the energy to sleep, questions raced through her mind, who was this guy? What were her parents thinking? And most of all, what was he planning three days from now?

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

^^^ wow.... It's getting even better

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM

bump!!!!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Writing is everything to me. It's my favorite thing in the world. I love writing stories, songs, and poems. I like jotting down ideas and making up my own little world. I'll post something of mine later :)

Swiftie since 2007. Speak Now tour-August 28th.

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM

xXEnchantedXx wrote:
    Writing is everything to me. It's my favorite thing in the world. I love writing stories, songs, and poems. I like jotting down ideas and making up my own little world. I'll post something of mine later :)

awesomeness! I'm happy that you decided to join me. :)
    And btw, i love your siggy :)

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

My friend and I like doing random pieces of writing. She tells me to write about something and I tell her what to write about. This is what I did about giving up and life.
    I believe in things happening for a reason. I believe we feel and go through situations for us to experience things and learn how to survive harder situations later in life. It isn't easy, holding on. Things look dark and ugly and people around you are throwing rocks at you, yelling "Give up! You're getting nowhere!" But if you know that someday you can accomplish something, you might be one of those heroes who wins the fight. One of the successful people in this world who never gave up. But why would you keep holding on? All this time, things have never gotten better, and all you want, more than anything is to give up and be free...Free of all the pain. Where will that get you, you might ask? Nowhere. You are choosing a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Every caterpillar becomes a butterfly. You just have to wait. Wait until it's your turn to become a butterfly. For the clouds to leave and for there to be beautiful sunlight again. Fight on. Things will look better if you do just that.

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM

OMS great idea, darling! I love love love to write too. Here's a piece of a song I wrote:

Title: "Sound Of You"

Just a step.
    Just a breath,
    Either one I would accept.
    Just a word.
    Just a name.
    Neither one still remain.
    Looking down,
    There goes a tear.
    Not down my face.
    That won't happen here.

Chorus:
    Move on,
    There's only one song.
    That plays on and on.
    It's been so long
    Since the start.
    Just that melody.
    It's the tune I need,
    Baby sing to me.
    It's the sound of you.

-Kat

I always forget to tell you "I love you! I've loved you from the very first day...."

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM

xXEnchantedXx wrote:
    My friend and I like doing random pieces of writing. She tells me to write about something and I tell her what to write about. This is what I did about giving up and life.
    I believe in things happening for a reason. I believe we feel and go through situations for us to experience things and learn how to survive harder situations later in life. It isn't easy, holding on. Things look dark and ugly and people around you are throwing rocks at you, yelling "Give up! You're getting nowhere!" But if you know that someday you can accomplish something, you might be one of those heroes who wins the fight. One of the successful people in this world who never gave up. But why would you keep holding on? All this time, things have never gotten better, and all you want, more than anything is to give up and be free...Free of all the pain. Where will that get you, you might ask? Nowhere. You are choosing a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Every caterpillar becomes a butterfly. You just have to wait. Wait until it's your turn to become a butterfly. For the clouds to leave and for there to be beautiful sunlight again. Fight on. Things will look better if you do just that.

I like that! and I think that what you and your friend do is a cool idea! my friends aren't as into writing as i am, and i tend to be shy about it. it sounds awesome, though!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    OMS great idea, darling! I love love love to write too. Here's a piece of a song I wrote:

Title: "Sound Of You"

Just a step.
    Just a breath,
    Either one I would accept.
    Just a word.
    Just a name.
    Neither one still remain.
    Looking down,
    There goes a tear.
    Not down my face.
    That won't happen here.

Chorus:
    Move on,
    There's only one song.
    That plays on and on.
    It's been so long
    Since the start.
    Just that melody.
    It's the tune I need,
    Baby sing to me.
    It's the sound of you.

-Kat

I always forget to tell you "I love you! I've loved you from the very first day...."

this is sooo good! is there another verse?

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Just wanted to post an idea of mine that I'm still rolling around in my mind to some of my fellow writing lovers. What do you guys think about a TC book club? if you like it, say so! I'll start one! :)

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM

forevernalways wrote:
    Just wanted to post an idea of mine that I'm still rolling around in my mind to some of my fellow writing lovers. What do you guys think about a TC book club? if you like it, say so! I'll start one! :)

You should start it! I'll join for sure :)

RE: I love writing. Join me?

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Writing is such a beautiful thing(: I write all the time. Lyrics and playing guitar is a passion(: I just started a lessbullying=lessSuicides movement and this song that im about to share with you is about my childhood friend who committed suicide last year because of her bullies. I hope you can really feel the emotion(: The link to the LessBullying=LessSuicides movement is below as well as my songbook(:

Last Breath
    Secret Message: For you Ambriel

Beautiful curls
    Beautiful girl
    so full of life
    all thrown away on her own suicide
    oh woah
    she was trully one of a kind
    And this is to my childhood friend
    To let her know how sorry I am
    so sorry that i wasn't there for you in the end//

{Chorus}:

Last breath
    hits the ones you least expect
    do what you can with your words now
    and make sure their said
    cause you never know
    tomorrow might be the day
    they take their last breath
    She was my favorite friend
    She used to live a street away
    in the house on the left
    but she moved away
    and took her very last breath//

I should have kept in contact
    should have made the effort to call back
    (I'm sorry so sorry I'm sorry so sorry)
    I never imagined the unimaginable could have ever happened
    but i was so wrong
    and it has been so long
    since we had last spoken
    that i just didn't know
    hoe deeply they had made you feel so broken
    this horrible mess could have been averted//

{Chorus}:

Last breath
    hits the ones you least expect
    do what you can with your words now
    and make sure their said
    cause you never know
    tomorrow might be the day
    they take their last breath
    She was my favorite friend
    She used to live a street away
    in the house on the left
    but she moved away
    and took her very last breath//

{Bridge}:

I never did get to say goodbye
    but I'm here now to say
    you were the best few years of my life
    you are missed
    you are loved
    but I'm sure you can see that
    when you're watching from above//

{outro}:

Beautiful curls
    that beautiful girl
    was knocked down
    by this cruel world//

Made by SwiftSwimm

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Thank you so much! And I'd love to be a part of the bookclub! Here's the rest of the song:

One laugh,
    One smile.
    Not even once in a while.
    One day,
    One month.
    They drag forever, on and on.
    Walking away,
    I know they watch me.
    I know they worry.
    But this sound's just too loud to be ignored.

Repeat Chorus

From the first day,
    You blew me away.
    I fell in love,
    Couldn't get enough.
    When you said...
    "I'll always find my way back to you."
    Not this.
    Those words I forbid.
    It was all a lie, with nothing true.
    I no longer have...
    The Sound Of You.

-Kat

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Day One

Linda awoke after a night of bizarre dreams. She couldn’t exactly remember what they were but she knew for sure she didn’t enjoy them. She felt more tired than she did before she went to sleep, the sheets she was laying on had many wrinkles which meant she was trashing in her sleep. Something then caught Linda’s attention, the shackle was removed from her wrist, and it defiantly was on before she went to sleep. While she was wondering what happened the smell of pancakes filled the air and her stomach began to growl.

Linda headed out of her room and into the main room of the basement. Since the kidnapper was not tugging her along like last time she decided to look around. There was not much to see, it was just a bare room with the staircase in the middle, the white walls added to the bleakness. The room was carpeted and large dust deposits began to gather in certain spots indicated the kidnapper didn’t go down here that often. The carpets also had creases where something was dragged; it must have been when the kidnapper carried the TV and the couch down to Linda’s room. The couch and TV were heavy, there was no way the man could have moved it by himself. Once again while Linda was in thought the pancakes smell brought her back to reality.

She went up the stairs and to the kitchen. Sure enough the kidnapper was there making pancakes, there was a large stack of them on a plate, another plate had a smaller stack that was waiting for other pancakes to join them. Somehow the man was aware of Linda’s presence.

“Good Moring firecracker sleep well?” The man said keeping his eyes on the pancakes he was flipping.

“Not really” Linda said also looking at the pancakes.

“Yeah that happens to many during the first night or at least I’m told so, you’re the first person I’ve done this too”

“So uh I noticed you removed the shackle”

“Oh yeah I thought you might break your wrist in the night if you kept thrashing in your sleep with that thing on”

“Thanks so I guess we’re having pancakes for breakfast”

“You guess correctly, one of the tween magazines said you liked buttermilk pancakes”

“The same one that said I liked Mac and cheese?”

“The very one”

The man had finished making the pancakes and picked up both plates. He placed one on one side of the table and one on the other. One side had plastic utensils and the other had metal ones making it was obvious which plate was for her. She sat down at her side and noticed there wasn’t any beverage. She was a bit nervous to ask but felt strong enough to do so.

“Is there anything to drink?” she asked hoping that he wouldn’t take offense.

“In the fridge, glasses are next to the sink” the man said eyes focusing on cutting his pancakes.
    Linda got up and went next to the sink to get a glass, there weren’t glasses as much as they were mugs, one of them said “Happy 15th Birthday” on it along with fithteen candles drawn on it. She then went to the fridge, inside must have been five or six cartons of orange juice. Linda had never seen so much orange juice in her life, all of them pulp free. One of them was open and so she poured it into her mug and sat back down. The man eyes spotted the mug and seemed to get sad for a moment, he then quickly went back to eating his breakfast unaware Linda had noticed the whole thing. She wanted to ask whose mug it was but decided not to.

The breakfast was very quiet; the kidnapper seemed to forget Linda was even there for a few moments. It seemed like he was used to eating alone. He finished before Linda did, he got up and put his plate and utensils in the sink.

“When you’re done please put your stuff in the sink and then return to your room” The man said in his calm manner.

He left and Linda finished shortly afterwards, she put her plate and the mug in the sink and headed toward the basement when she noticed the front door. She could run for it and scream help, but would anyone hear? She had no idea where she was and who knows how fast this man could run and of course the front door could simply be locked, knowing the odds were against her escape plan Linda decided to simply go back down to the basement. When she reached her room she turned on the TV, the clock said it was around eight thirty and her kidnapping was still the top story.

“Twenty hours after the kidnapping of teen pop star Linda Niles, the police are still no closer to locating her or figuring out who was behind it. A video was released showing the kidnapper but no one has been able to identify him. Although several people have claimed to be holding her and demanding money, police say they are not credible. An official who requested to remain anonymous has said the police has little hope in finder Linda Niles alive, a candle vigilante was held for her last night and many celebrities have pleaded for her release unharmed”

Linda turned off the TV when they began talking about her career again. She fell back on the pullout bed and dozed off. She woke up to see the kidnapper standing in the door.

“Hey firecracker listen up” the man said in his once again calm voice that would have one convinced he takes tranquilizers.

“A friend of mine is coming to visit, her name is Jeanette and she can be a bit, well let’s just say she can be a handful”

“Oh does she know I’m here?” Linda worried about what this new person be like.

“Yes, in fact that is why she’s here, once she knew she demanded that she come and see you, just try to ignore her obnoxiousness, she has quite a temper”

“Ok so when she is coming over?”

“She said she’d be here in five minutes so that means she’ll be here in three, best to be going upstairs”
    The man took Linda by the wrist again and gently pulled her along up the stairs. When they got to the main floor they went to a different area besides the kitchen. To the left of the front door was a room with two loveseats, the kidnapper walked Linda to one and let go of her wrist, implying he wanted her to sit. She did so, and the man began to walk to front door. Linda noticed he was becoming a bit nervous.
    Before long a pounding that passed for knocking was at the door. The man went over and opened it, in the door was a girl slightly younger then the kidnapper but older then Linda. She wore jean short shorts that were tattered and worn. Her shirt was once dark blue but had faded and had become lighter, there was some sort of character on her shirt but like everything else it too was faded; her hair was dirty blond and was almost waist length. Her right hand a case of Whitford beer bottles and her left had one bottle of beer, but the case in her right hand had all six bottles, implying she must like to drink.

“I’ve brought the party with me” The girl said holding up both the case and the independent bottle.

“Nice to see you sparkplug” The kidnapper said. Linda wonder if he had a nickname for everybody.
    She and the kidnapper hugged and she proceeded to kiss him on the lips. Her attention then turned to Linda.

“Oh my god, it is true” The girl said while putting down the six pack but not the spare bottle. She then removed the twist off cap and took a sip from the bottle.

“So you’re Linda Niles”

There was no doubt this was Jeanette, all at once Linda figured out why the man had warned her about Jeanette and why he was nervous.

“Is it true you lip synched at the concert in Portland? Because a bunch of 14 year olds are killing each other over the internet arguing about it”

The question remained Linda about the Portland concert, she remember there was a problem with the sound equipment that delayed her voice form being by the audience making it look like she lip synched very badly ,while in deep thought she forgot to answer the question.

“Are you a mute or what?” Jeanette asked getting impatient over Linda’s lack of response. The kidnapper intervened.

“Don’t be shy Linda; this is Jeanette who I have told you abut”

“Uh, sorry I was thinking back, no I didn’t lip synch” Linda said becoming as nervous as she was the previous evening.

“Of course you’d say that whether it was true or not” Jeanette said as she then turned her attention to the kidnapper.

“But anyway I can’t believe you actually pulled it off, so this is for-“

“Yeah it is” the kidnapper said interrupting Jeanette before she could finish.

“But that isn’t for another, what two days, so what do we do with her until then?”

Linda became far more nervous then she been during her entire captivity, this girl had danger written all over her and who knows what she had in store for Linda. Jeanette took another sip for her bottle she reached down to the six pack, grabbed a bottle and tossed it to the kidnapper.

“Sorry kiddo no beer for the underage, can you imagine what tabloids would do if they got pictures of you drinking, I mean your career would over in like a second”

“It’s quite alright” Linda said too afraid to even make eye contact. The kidnapper had opened his bottle and had taken a sip. Jeanette knew Linda was afraid of her. She then sat down next to her as Linda eyes remained glued to the floor.

“Do you want to go out with him?”

The question got Linda to jump up off the couch, causing Jeanette to start laugh.

“Oh come on don’t you think he’s kind of cute?” Jeanette said referring to the kidnapper.

“I…I” Linda tried to speak but the words all got tangled up, the kidnapper intervened again.

“She’s joking” The kidnapper said somehow retaining his calmness. Jeanette went over to the kidnapper and put her arm around him.

“You bet I’m joking, I spent months trying to reel this one in and I have no intention of sharing him”

Jeanette said as she finished the rest of her beer and tossed it to ground.

“Now listen snowflake you promised you’d take me to Club Crazier” Jeanette demanded. The kidnapper finished his bottle and tossed it to ground.

“I’ll be there in a moment sparkplug let me just have a word with our guest”

“You better be, on I’ll be waiting in your car” Jeanette said, grabbing the other bottles and headed out.

“She’s a keeper” Linda said sarcastically.

“Hardy har har, I assume you can show yourself to your room firecracker” the man said as headed out. Linda eyed the front door again, but the fear of Jeanette chasing her was more than enough to get any ideas out of her head. She was about to head back down when noticed a different staircase headed up. Linda couldn’t resist and went up the stairs. There were two doors; one of them was painted pink and the other white. The pink door was locked but the white door wasn’t. She headed in, a quick glance and it was obvious this was the kidnapper’s room.

There were band posters along the walls and like the ones in the kitchen they had concert tickets attached to them. There was a basic bed and a desk covered with papers. Some of the papers were flyers advertising Linda’s appearance at the mall. Another one was a map of the mall with a red arrow going through the store she was promoting. A second map should the parking lot with a red arrow from a particularly space to a nearby exit. A receipt from a pharmacy for a bottle chloroform was also there. Another receipts was from a costume store.

Linda opened the draw in the desk and found a photo of the kidnapper and Jeanette. Jeanette looked a little more enthusiastic then he did. Then there was a folded note that said “Snowflake” on it. She opened up the note it read:

“My dearest Snowflake, I am sorry to hear such a sad cruel thing can happen to someone so sweet. I understand what you’re going through better than most people will. It saddens me to see the world’s most innocent person suffer, while millions of lowlifes continue to prosper. I will be with you every step of the way (And a couple of Whitford beers will come along as well) you are the best person I have ever met and I won’t abandoned you in your time of need. Your Sparkplug Jeanette”

Linda was blown away, Jeanette wrote this? What was happening here, what was the letter talking about and what role did Linda play in all this? Linda carefully put the letter back and went back to her room in the basement. After two hours of watching cartoons, the kidnapper appeared with a box of pizza and a couple of Kramer sodas.

“Let me guess, a tween magazine told you that I liked mushroom pizzas and Kramer soda” Linda said beginning to loosen up.

“You catch on fast” the kidnapper said with a faint smile. He handed Linda a can as she took a slice of the pizza.

“I’m sure glad I didn’t say I enjoyed eating dogs”

“Yeah me too because no one in the neighborhood has a dog, it wouldn’t have been difficult getting any”
    Linda laughed at the statement and for a second being held against her will didn’t seem so bad.
    “So what happened to Jeanette?” Linda asked.

“I took her home”

“Why didn’t tell me she was your girlfriend, you just said she was a friend”

“We are just friends, she thinks we’re going steady but we aren’t”

“Don’t you tell her you two aren’t together?”

“I’m just as afraid of her as you are”

Linda was taking a sip of the soda when he said this; she laughed causing her to spit out her soda.

“Ah, that got in my nose, it really burns” Linda said playfully.

“Try spending a weekend with Jeanette then talk to me about pain”

“Why wasn’t she there when you kidnapped me?”

“I didn’t want anyone hurt and I knew if I brought her along that would be impossible”

“You two couldn’t be more different, how’d you two find each other”

“She is a psycho path and nobody wants to be near her, however even psychos get lonely and so she settled for me”

“And you’d accepted her friendship because…”

“She is not just the loud person she appears to be, she has her soft side”

Linda thought of the note. She finished the slice of pizza and grabbed another one.

“So what’s with the nicknames? Sparkplug, snowflake, firecracker”

“Jeanette is sparkplug because of her energy; I’m snowflake because I have pale skin and your firecracker because at a concert last year you had an explosive presence”

“I can’t choose my own nickname?”

“That’s the one rule, you can’t chose, Jeanette picked snowflake and I picked sparkplug”

“What if you don’t like your nickname?”

“Tough”

“Wait you said at a concert I had a lot of energy, which was that?”

“The one at Nassau Coliseum”

“That one was at the beginning of the tour no wonder I had energy”

“So the fans at the end get a half rated show?”

“You try signing the same songs for thirty-two days in a row running across the country so fast you have to be remained what state you’re in and still be perky”

“Point taken, I got to get going, I’ll catch you later firecracker”

“Wait, why does she tell her real name and you don’t?”

“It’s Martin, my name is Martin”

“Martin? No wonder you didn’t tell me”

Martin petted Linda’s head the way you would pet a dog’s head and headed out the door. She then realized she had a conversation with a guy who is holding her against her will; she also noticed it didn’t seem to bother her. She just shrugged it off as she grabbed another slice.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.