Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The Swiftopian Times OFFICIAL THREAD!

Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Welcome to the OFFICIAL thread for "The Swiftopian Times!" "The Swiftopian TImes" is the once a week newspaper for all things going on in the land of Swiftopia! To visit Swiftopia click here!

"The Swiftopian Times:" 5th Issue: September 21st-September 28th/

Fashion Do’s And Don’ts With LizLovesTaylor27:

"Hair:
    I love the look of wearing ribbons in my hair – wrapped around a ponytail or in lieu of a headband. The problem with simply tying a ribbon in your hair is that it falls out…within minutes. So I came up with an easy way to channel the same preppy look in a few simple steps. Best of all, it can be done with things you have lying around the house and costs only a few dollars.

Tools: Glue gun, grosgrain ribbon, a headband (roughly the same width as the ribbon), scissors, a ruler.

1. Lay the ribbon over the headband to get a general idea of how long to cut it. Make a mark and then using your ruler, trim it to the exact size.

2. Working a few inches at a time, add hot glue directly onto the headband.

3. Pull the ribbon taut (while making sure it’s centered) and adhere it to the headband, smoothing it out as you go
    4. On the edges of the ribbon, add a dab of hot glue and then fold in at the base of the headband for a tapered, more tailored look.

Fashion:
    Okay. Everybody is pretty sad that summer is over. Even though school is starting, there is no need to put away all of your summer stuff! Just remember that:
    -tank tops ar ADOREABLE with jackets and sweaters of all leangths
    -Short shorts are wonderful with tights, long and short
    -NEVER put away an eylet dress. They are basicly CALLING you to layer them.
    -Summer neons POP with with cozy fall colors
    -Last, If you are in a SUNNY mood because it is really warm, wear sadels. If you get the chance, grap the opportunity!" - LizLovesTaylor27

----------------------

Top Picks: What’s Hot In Music, Movies, TV and Books!

Music: “Hello! This is Smile4Swift and for this week in music, I'll be telling you about the most weird, but interesting song ever- Gangnam Style! This song is sung in Korean by the K-Pop artist, PSY. At first, he thought this song would only be a hit in his country, but he thought wrong! Currently, Gangnam Style is #1 on the iTunes charts. (in America) I recommend you listen to it if you want a fun song to dance to! “ - Smile4Swift

TV: Yello! You have stumbled on the top picks section for tv shows.Im cheechowder(chelsea.)I wanted to talk about Ellen it is the start of the 10th season. One show i could not neglect to watch.Love love love it Im so glad the new season has started.It is aways exciting and fresh to watch.This season is going to be bigger than the last .Cant wait for new segments ,games, and awesome interviews. The show is amazing it is something that can cheer up and make you smile everytime from the dancing to the jokes to the heart warming stories.I cant wait to see what happens on Ellen! If you have the time check it out it is a great show.You will fall in love with it(: Thank you for reading.
    ~heart hands~by Chelsea(cheechowder)

TV: “Hey Swiftopians! TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13 here for “Top Picks”! I'll be talking about TV!
    'Survivor' premiered its 25th season on CBS September 19th. For this season, three Survivors from the past that were injured and had to leave the show will be returning. This season, also, it will be starting with 3 tribes instead of two. Contestants live in the wild within their own tribe. To make it more exciting, there are challenges that the contestants face, which ever tribe wins the challenge gets a prize. Immunity most of the time, but occasionally food or supplies. Whichever tribe loses is sent to Tribal Council, where one person from their tribe is voted off. These people are in it to win 1,000,000 dollars! It's a very good show, and I recommend it! Thanks for reading, Swiftopians!” – TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13

Books: “Hi, I am number1swifty and I have the book section for “Top Picks!! My book is for all Directioners!!!! It’s called “Dare To Dream: Life As One Direction”!! All five boys write a chapter about themselves!!! So all you Directoners out there, go read it!! Have a good day and remember to smile!!”
    -number1swifty

-----------------

Ask Aunt Agony

“Hello Swifties! It has been a slow week here at this end of the advice column (hint hint nudge nudge the link to my forum is right here http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2127281 ) but we do have a very special guest here at the column this week (that's right the queen has asked a question)! Now the theme this we is discovering and remember if we treat everyday like a discovery who knows what we will find in life (yeah it sounds corny but everyday is a new day, great now I'm just coming up with metaphors). May the force be with you! Love, Auntie A

Sydneytilley asks: I'm really happy that aunt A answered my question last week but she didn't really answer my question so this week I have a question to retort Really aunt A? Really?!?!?

Yes Sydney really. I can also fly.

ForeverCrazy (the queen on swiftopia) asks:

So I'm dating this guy, and our relationship is a little complicated. He goes to a different school, and we haven't actually met face-to-face yet, but we've talked on the phone and texted for a while. The problem is we can only talk/text every other weekend, when he's at his mom's house because he doesn't have a phone, and his dad doesn't have internet. The only way we communicate during the weeks and off-weekends is through his friend. I get say one thing to him each day and him one to me. It's not an ideal situation, but we've been making it work, only for a week though. My question is simple, do you think it could work?

It definitely sounds like a difficult situation. First things first you NEED to meet this guy face to face. If you don't meet this guy it would kind of be like buying a box of chocolates without checking to make sure they don't have any thing that can trigger your allergies (weak metaphor I know). Even if it's some time after school. Anything sort of meeting can work but you need to meet this guy. Also if you can find a time to talk to him (even if it's at school on your lunch break over Facebook) than that would be ideal. Communication is key in a relationship. Once you figure that out than you guys could definitely make it work. Good luck!

That's all for now! See you next week

-------------------------

What’s The Word? With Aprilc16: Interviews with regular Swiftopians like you!

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13

Aprilc16: “What inspires you to write?”

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13: “I just love making my own stories, things for other people to read. I can make anything happen, and there are no rules, and I can be myself. I started about a year ago, but then I read a book called "The Penderwicks" and there was a girl my age in the story who wrote books. Then I started writing even more, and it's one of my favorite things!”

Aprilc16: “What are your favorite things to read?”

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13: “Mostly books, because I like curling up with them and I'll have something to read for a period of time, but I like quickly reading the People magazines whenever they come in the mail.”

Aprilc16: “What's your favorite book?”

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13: “I have SO many!! The Mysterious Benedict Society series, The Penderwicks series, the Hunger Games series, The Secret Language of Girls, Dovey Coe, Where I'd Like to Be..... oh my Swift! Sorry that's a lot!”

Aprilc16: “Do you see yourself as a famous writer someday?”

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13: “I think it's possible! I will definitely grow as a writer, expand what I write about, but I also love acting so I think I'll do both, acting and writing. But writing is one of my favorite things to do!!”

Aprilc16: “When did you first start writing?”

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13: “About a year ago when I sat down and pulled up my email and started to write what came right into my head. And then after that my friend and I wrote our own version of Warriors, then I wrote another story, and now, writing is one of my favorite things to do!”

Aprilc16: “What do you like to write about?”

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13: “A whole bunch of things! I love writing realistic fiction a lot, because that is my favorite genre along with mystery, so I write mostly that, but I am also capable of writing other things, too.”

Aprilc16: “How has Taylor helped you write?”

TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13: “I loved Taylor a while before I started writing, but right now she helps me a lot. With all the stories about love in her songs, I think I'm going to write a romance to a few of them! Thank you so much, and if you want to read my debut on Wattpad, I'm BlueNotebookWriter! Thanks again for having me!”

Thanks for answering our questions TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13!

-----------------------

General News With ninjabreadman:

MERGER MISTAKE

I don't know how many of you actually pay attention to my rants, but if you do, Kudos to you :-) my news this week involves the British Defence company BAE. BAE covers pretty much everything from planes to missiles to tanks for the British Government, and accounts for around 4bn pounds of the annual income of the country (I believe). Technically speaking, it was created in 1560 as the Royal Gunpower Factory, then had the Barrow Shipbuilding Company added to it in 1822, which is still building nuclear submarines today. The Vickers Vimy, the first plane to perform a non-stop crossing of the Atlantic, was created by Vickers & Sons, another facet of the same umbrella company. In 1942, it was responsible for the de Havilland Mosquito fighter bomber, and the Comet in 1949. It created the Challenger 1 and 2, for a long time considered the best tanks in the world...it provides hundreds of thousands of jobs in Britain, and shares a special arrangement with the USA to share projects, technology and resources, unique solely to BAE...and it is in danger.

Not to be dramatic, but that could all go. The Franco-German company EADS is in talks with BAE to merge, creating the largest arms company in the world...so why would that be a bad thing? Let's start with the obvious. The Eurozone is in crisis, and buying into a company so closely tied to the Euro is surely madness. If Europe continues to go tits-up, then BAE and EADS would follow. The French have a history of meddling in the companies under their control, and with BAE the junior partner, it is almost certain that British workers would be laid off in favour of French and Germans. Manufacturing would be moved, and one of our last remaining corporate bulwarks would crumble. It would no longer be a manufacturing giant offering high value jobs despite the recent cull.

Also under threat is the special relationship; the Pentagon would be very nervous about sharing technology and projects, because it wouldn't trust a pan-European arms company, and for good reason. It may fence off certain projects from the rest of the company, but as the banks have demonstrated, fences are meant to be jumped...if the French and Germans could get profit from it, they would do it, almost guaranteed.
    Undoubtedly, the BAE shareholders see the merger as a way to get into the currently booming Civil Aerospace, but that industry has a history of being by far the most volatile...things could go wrong very quickly. Despite the cut in defence budgets, Defence is a much more stable long term industry than Civil Aerospace. Besides, with the unrest in the middle east, hostilities in Greece and Spain and even wars over oil and water, there is no shortage of conflict and therefore need for a defence company....and not one tied into a dying currency. BAE should have a bright future as a British company continuing its strategy of diversifying into new markets like the middle east, India, Brazil and even Cyber Security, rather than getting swallowed by a dysfunctional European hodgepodge.

So I urge the government; stop this. The British Government owns a £1 golden share that allows it to stop foreign mergers...use it, and stop this disaster before it happens!

Gumdrop Buttons and Shurikens,

Ninjabreadman

-------------------

Thanks for reading “The Swiftopian Times” and special thanks to our writers!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Swifttopia - Land of the Swifties

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Peek-a-boo!

Alrighty! We need to get Swifttopia back on the map, and not just for all of the issues it's been having. This time we are here to stay, so please, spread the word :)

I love you!!

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Peek-A-Boo!! I was just freaking out because the old Swiftopia was gone....haha! Problem solved!

How's everyone doing?

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Peek-A-Boo! I learned that JJ13's original "Swiftopian Times" thread and the other one were merged. Haha! However, I made a new one here: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2132111

JJ13, could you go delete the thread for "The Swiftopian Times" that you made a long time ago, that way nothing else gets merged? Thanks!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Peek-a-boo! Great to see this up again :)

I love you!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Peek-a-Boo!

Name: SwiftSong13
    Swiftie Since: Time
    Favorite Taylor Song: Ronan
    Favorite Taylor Quote: I love you to the moon and back!
    Favorite Color: Sea Green
    Favorite Mythical Creature: Pegicorn :)

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Peek-a-boo!

It's Queen JJ13 here!

GOOD NEWS!

I'm getting a laptop on my birthday (September 13th) so I'll be able to go on here more!!!

YAYYYY

Also on September 13 could you draw a star on your hand and post a picture on twitter with the hash tag "#RonanOurStarProject"? Thank you!

I love you!

Queen JJ13

Love to my Swifttopians!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Peek-a-boo!

Here's to all the people I love
    And someone who's watching up above
    Here's to all the smiles I know
    And melt the pain, like sun and snow
    Here's to all I've come to be
    And everyone who still loves me
    Here's to all the hope you gave
    Thank you all for making me brave

Thank you for the wonderful words in the Swifttopian Times! I love you all!!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

SwiftSong13 wrote:
    Peek-a-Boo!

Name: SwiftSong13
    Swiftie Since: Time
    Favorite Taylor Song: Ronan
    Favorite Taylor Quote: I love you to the moon and back!
    Favorite Color: Sea Green
    Favorite Mythical Creature: Pegicorn :)

Could you delete your post and send the form as a message to us please? I'm sorry, but I really want to enforce messaging the forms instead of posting. Thank you!

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Peak-a-boo holy moly they like to delete the swiftopians threads a lot!
    You're beautiful every little piece love

Add me as a friend! http://taylorswift.com/users/uLK8MI4H

I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Peek-a-boo!
    I think we;re all good now. :)

Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Peek-a-boo!

Making my daily post to say hey to all my citizens. I will be on the SwifttopiaStaff account very soon and catching up on any IDs that need to be made.

Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Peek-a-boo

I almost forgot to post this. It's a poem I wrote for my boyfriend. One of his friends read it and loved it. Haha. I felt so special:

I have never been that great
    With knowing what to say
    To tell someone how much they mean
    Without chasing them away
    If I could only know the words
    To tell you how I feel
    Avoid the words I fear the most
    And somehow make it real
    To tell you that you cross my mind
    A million times a day
    And every time it brings a smile
    That never seems to fade
    So even though the whole world knows
    I've been broken in the past
    I still have the strength to hope
    That we will somehow last

Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Peek-a-boo!

I miss the hearts from the old TC. Does anyone else remember that? They were kinda like "likes" on Facebook. You could give a post a heart if you liked it. I thought it was brilliant.

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM

peek-a-boo!

dudes! the Last 5 pOsts are mine!! where is eVeryonE?!?! seriouslY, i feel sO alone! trUe story

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Peek-a-boo!

So... I might just delete Swifttopia because no one's ever on anymore, and it's just kind of disappointment everyday when there's no new posts to read

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM

HEY ;D

I used to be RedPassengerSeatSongwriter :)

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Name: Wonderstruck17
    Swiftie Since: 2007
    Favorite Taylor Song: Sparks fly
    Favorite Taylor Quote: "Your lucky enough to be different, never change"
    Favorite Color - Gold
    Favorite Mythical Creature - Any creature ever thought was mythical ever existed! :)
    Love, Love, Love,
    Breauna

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM

OMG! People! :D

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I hate when I say stupid things and there's no going back.