Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: LessBullying=LessSuicides Movement

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I wish bullying would stop.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I'm joining. I feel like I would take up this whole thread if I talked about my bullying and suicide story so I'm not gonna.
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Re: LessBullying=LessSuicides Movement

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I'll join.

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Bump

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Sarahthirk1313--please do! you might be helping someone!

Thank you all!!!! I am about to post a song i wrote just yesterday for my childhood friend Ambriel who committed suicide last year.

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM

To make a long story short, Taylor saved me from suicide.
    I have suffered from depression for years and it's getting worse. I self harm and I'm making myself eat no more than 300 calories a day. If I do, I hurt myself more.
    That's it in a nutshell

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Thank you for sharing your story! much much appreciated!

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Sad this in another thread, but Taylor saved my life. I was bullied a little bit, but that had zero to do with me thinking of suicide. I had lost one of my closest friends, he was really more like a big brother. At that point he was the fourth extremely close person I had lost. I wanted to just end my life because I didn't wanna feel anymore pain. One day I actually got my knife from my kitchen and was gonna kill myself, but then I realized killing myself would've just caused my family more pain and that's not what I wanted so I put the knife back. I knew eventually I was gonna kill myself if I didn't get some help. I tried everything. Tried talking to a shrink, tried hanging out with my friends, tried playing sports, listening to music, but nothing worked. Then I found out Taylor was gonna be in my town. I figured why not it couldn't hurt? So I went. Wasn't expecting much. I desperately needed something or someone to uplift my spirits, but I wasn't expected that to happen, but it did. Taylor saved my life and it's not an exaggeration. I love her so much and really hope one day I can meet her and tell her how she saved me from myself.

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM

This is a song i wrote relating to my childhood friends suicide. Comments are always always appreciated.

Last Breath
    Secret Message: For you Ambriel

Beautiful curls
    Beautiful girl
    so full of life
    all thrown away on her own suicide
    oh woah
    she was trully one of a kind
    And this is to my childhood friend
    To let her know how sorry I am
    so sorry that i wasn't there for you in the end//

{Chorus}:

Last breath
    hits the ones you least expect
    do what you can with your words now
    and make sure their said
    cause you never know
    tomorrow might be the day
    they take their last breath
    She was my favorite friend
    She used to live a street away
    in the house on the left
    but she moved away
    and took her very last breath//

I should have kept in contact
    should have made the effort to call back
    (I'm sorry so sorry I'm sorry so sorry)
    I never imagined the unimaginable could have ever happened
    but i was so wrong
    and it has been so long
    since we had last spoken
    that i just didn't know
    hoe deeply they had made you feel so broken
    this horrible mess could have been averted//

{Chorus}:

Last breath
    hits the ones you least expect
    do what you can with your words now
    and make sure their said
    cause you never know
    tomorrow might be the day
    they take their last breath
    She was my favorite friend
    She used to live a street away
    in the house on the left
    but she moved away
    and took her very last breath//

{Bridge}:

I never did get to say goodbye
    but I'm here now to say
    you were the best few years of my life
    you are missed
    you are loved
    but I'm sure you can see that
    when you're watching from above//

{outro}:

Beautiful curls
    that beautiful girl
    was knocked down
    by this cruel world//

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM

What a fabulous idea for a thread! I believe more people should join in and share their story, this is great! Also, if any of you would like more information on suicide and self-harm and other issues many deal with, TWLOHA (To Write Love On Her Arms) is a wonderful organization that brings awareness to these topics/issues!

To anyone reading this, you need to know that you are wonderful just the way you are. This week is actually Suicide Prevention Week so wear orange in support of preventing suicide, and encourage those close to you to do the very same! You may notice I know much about this topic, this is because one of my closest and most dearest friends almost took her life. And ever since, I've been advocating and doing just about anything I can to support her and show her (and others battling the same war) that they are not alone!

Keep sharing your stories!

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM

My old friend was suicidal. One day she sent me some texts asking me how much pills she would have to swallow to die. She told me she could face death now and not be afraid. I told my parents and called the cops. She was fine. She didn't do anything to herself. But I fear that if I never called the police she would've eventually done something she would regret. She had a horrible home life and people at school would bully her. You have my support!

[url=http://i49.tiny/]http://i49.tiny[/url][/signature]

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I really hope this thread can be stickied

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Could I have the code for the clickable image please? :)

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

thatlittleREDdress wrote:
    Could I have the code for the clickable image please? :)

[url= http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2139461/page/1]
    [ img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3bxlBNWX1rb8gnzo1_500.jpg[/ img][/URL ]

Take away the spaces

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM

here is the code guys! WOW! you all are so great to keep responding and sharing your stories! thankyou

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Your graphic is ready in my shop! :)

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM

There will be a variety of graphics up soon so that everyone can put different graphics that have the same message up.

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM

There will be a variety of graphics up soon so that everyone can put different graphics that have the same message up. If anyone wants to make graphics for this movement please feel free! mail me about it and I'd be so incredibly happy!

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Bump

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I'm so sorry about your friend. I don't personally know anyone who's committed suicide, but I was depressed for a few years and Taylor's music has taken my away from all of that and I'm a lot stronger now because of her

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.