Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Oursongiseyesopen's songbook :)

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

So this is my first ever songbook! I hope you like it, and I would really like some feedback on my songs if you can cause it would really mean a lot. i just want to say that I have this website and Taylor to thank because i would never be able to show my songs to you guys if it wasn't for all the support and kindness I get here, it really has given me the confidence to show you what I love doing :) so thank you swifties!!

Also I would really love it if you asked me questions and stuff, e.g. what a song is inspired by etc. I don't wanna be an attention seeker but I love doing that for other people so yeah :P

This is the list of songs:
1. Fairytale
2. Stay
3. Your Face
4. You're Always Wrong
5. If We Burn, You Burn With Us!
6. Catch Me
7. Everything is Colourful
8. You Love Me?
9. Lazy
10. Fools Talk
11. Goodnight
12. Miles Away
13. Green, Red and Gold
14. I'm Not
15. Everyone Seems to in the End
16. 9/11
17. Time After Time
18. I'll Never Forget
19. Our Secret Hideaway
20. Again and Again
21. Hold You in My Arms
22. What Kind of Love
23. Bring it On
24. One Long Night
25. Nothing More
26. It's Been Too Long
27. Pathetic
28. High School Years
29. There's Nothing Like
30. Spare Change
31. Boy From a Little Town
32. I Was There
33. Painkiller
34. You Lost This Time
35. Stronger
36. Hold On
37. Never Let You Go
38. A Thousand More Years

You can subscribe to my songs, and get updated when I upload a new one here: http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2460653/?h=l&r=22719413#post_22719413

Fairytale

If you're there, with me
to pick up the pieces
Its a deal, clearly
This is really real
Forget the lies
They, can make up their stories
But, always, we'll just ignore them
When they say

We will never be, never be us again
But baby I believe, I believe that we could
theres nothing stopping me
we'll prove them wrong
make our own happy ending
Fairytale

You shouldn't let, people
show you the way
we can do this, stage by stage
we have tried
but, we know that someday
we'll have to debate
because they'll say

we'll prove them wrong
Fairytale

If we go, easy
It'll all go away
I want you, to know
we could be okay
If you run and hide
If you try to escape
from words that they say
the fact is

we'll prove them wrong
Fairytale

Look at me and tell me you forgive me
Look me in the eyes and say we'll be free
It's just the cage that's kept us inside
A world where we don't know what's best
But i'll hang on to what we have left

[We will never be, never be us again
we'll prove them wrong
Fairytale

October 22nd 2012, the world turns RED.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Oursongiseyesopen's songbook :)

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

This is really good! I really like it! :)
    RED

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Here's the second song, It's not very long and its a bit rough round the edges so I'm still working on it :)

Stay

I ignored that text
    Because I couldn't bare to read it
    Been with you all this time
    but you don't give me a reason

To stay, to stay
    to not be afraid
    Of what you're gonna say, say
    It's not too late
    to change
    The way things are heading
    so please will think about me
    please remember me

You tried to harm me
    so that i would try and fight back
    But it's getting old
    Keeps coming back with the cold
    But I still want

To stay, to stay
    to not be afraid
    It's not too late
    to change
    please remember me

I could never, never
    Watch you fall
    It's so clever, clever
    that mind of yours
    with the tricks you play
    and the laughter that makes me hide
    why do i still care
    why do i let you make me cry

To stay, to stay
    to not be afraid
    It's not too late
    to change
    please remember me

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I love the bridge in this one! Sometimes I don't know what to name a song but I always manage to think of one in the end :)
    RED

Please check out my songbook! (:

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2134491#post_15533111 Visit my songbook?

Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Wow this is reall good keep writing!! xxx

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM

WonderStruck1997 wrote:
    Wow this is reall good keep writing!! xxx

thanks! :D

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Your Face (not my best work but thought i'd still put it up)

I made you smile
    a hundred miles away
    along that little bay
    just knowing that
    i caused that smile
    lightened up my whole day

Don't you ever change your beautiful ways
    I can't imagine you in any other way
    You live in such an amazing place
    but i never really notice
    anything except
    Your Face

I saw your picture
    on my camera
    and it took me away
    out of this rainy city
    into your arms
    that was the very first day

anything except
    Your Face

You help me get away
    from things i always have to face
    you help me see the brighter side
    and why its worth the wait

thanks for giving me a reason
    to smile on my worst days....

anything except
    Your Face

Repeat Chorus

Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I wanted to upload this one for my two friends who are going through a hard time because people are judging them for basically being themselves. It needs a bit of work but I wrote it when i was angry so i didn't want to change it too much.

secret message: for the niamhs

You're Always Wrong

If i was in charge
    i'd put you in their shoes
    so you can live liFe exactly
    frOm their point of view
    not as easy as you thought
    cause theRe's people like you
    Trying to teacH them
    how they should seE things

they've got us
    to make them stroNg
    don't need you judging
    we'll prove you wrong
    you're always wrong
    you're always wrong

now you get the wrong Idea
    just because I know them
    i'll be on your list
    of people to avoid when
    you hAve no reasons
    there's reasons for everything
    everything but you
    but unlike you

they've got us
    to make theM strong
    don't need you judging
    we'll prove you wrong
    you're always wrong
    you're always wrong

you can keep your advIce
    And your two-faced lies
    all i want to know
    is how you know wHat'S right?

Re: Oursongiseyesopen's songbook :) please visit maybe?

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

This song is about having to leave someone because its just not working out, but reminiscing on both the good and bad times, and not wanting to leave someone but knowing deep down its the best thing to do.

Goodnight

I wish it wasn't this way
    but i'll have to tell you anyway
    it had to end someday
    the thinking we were right, every time, waiting in line, not moving forward
    common sense leaving us behind
    but some things don't work out

I don't think i'll be round tonight
    things don't always turn out right
    I came back running the last three times
    so I'll call it a day
    and tell you Goodnight

Now i see you in the street
    wishing it was still me with you
    but I always knew
    the starting up a fight, troubled times, hands in mine, but when we came to find
    it wasn't worth it for this
    I had to put it right

Chorus

I wonder what you did
    that evening
    did you think it was the right thing
    do you still love me
    cause you put up a fight
    but tonight, it's time for goodbyes

Chorus

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2134491#post_15533111
    Credit to Tayluvxoxo for the amazing graphic!

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I wrote a really long song about The Hunger Games.... it's from the point of view from someone/people from the districts standing up to the capitol, and also talks about being in the arena. So basically a lot of the hunger games rolled into one song. ;P I wanted the song to change quite a lot throughout like the hunger games does if that makes sense (all the feelings and stuff). anyway, hope you like it!

If We Burn, You Burn With Us!

I'm not just a piece in your games
    I won't die so you can have revenge
    They won't stand so you can starve them
    If you think that you could beat us
    Then

I'll do whatever I can
    So I can save my home our land
    They won't be there when you need them
    If you think that they'll fall victim then

Please call the makers of the game
    Please bring the death that comes our way
    Don't expect a quiet night
    If she falls then we will rise
    Forget the clothes and fancy cuts
    If we burn, you burn with us

I'm in a place I don't know
    wish that I could just go home
    I can't even see the stars
    why can I only see the dark?
    Why won't you let me go?
    Wish I could find a place where
    I might feel a bit more safe
    I hope I will see the sun again
    but you control the horizon

Chorus

You better run for your life
    Oh you better run,run,run,run,run
    Run for your life

for your valuable life
    Cause we will fight

Chorus

Look me in the eyes
    do you see the fire
    Don't think twice (don't think twice)
    I said look me in the eye
    Do you see that fire
    that fire won't die
    that cannon won't strike

Run for your life

Turn your tv off
    star crossed love won't make them stop
    they won't bet on us
    to save your life you'll pay the costs

Run for your life

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I.LOVE.THIS.SONGS!!!!!! :D THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!!

Just close your eyes.

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:57 AM

TaylorBelongsWithMe13 wrote:
    I.LOVE.THIS.SONGS!!!!!! :D THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!!

Just close your eyes.

Thankyou so much ! :P x

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I feel like I should tell you what it's about.
    Basically the saddest dream I've ever had. I had a dream recently about a girl who had been injured and had been in hospital, and she had come out but was still recovering. If she fell again while she was still in bandages, she would be straight back in hospital again. Her friend she thought she trusted let her fall. I can't remember the dream vividly enough to remember exactly how but she did. Its still a work in progress but here goes:

Catch Me

Trust me you said
    she looked back in doubt
    but she didn't believe you'd let her down
    she clutches her sides
    pain still strong
    she thought she'd be safe but she thought wrong

She said catch me, catch me
    you promise me
    she said catch me, catch me
    you promise me
    but you let her fall

life drifting out
    pale face and cold
    just wants to go back home
    the blur of the sirens
    and the moving white walls
    she returns to where she was before

you promise me
    you promise me
    but you let her fall

and you weren't the one
    holding her hand
    as she walked out of hospital
    what is honesty, in the face of loyalty
    who are you to say, she was broken anyway

you promise me
    you promise me
    but you let her fall

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Everything is Colourful

In the spring, on a Monday morning
    I saw you, you were walking towards me
    I saw the buds on the trees were growing
    baby I could feel myself floating
    wondering if we'd last forever
    like one of those trees that survive through winter
    keep their leaves as a soft green coat and don't let go

In the summer in jeans and tshirts
    start to think that I'm finally learning
    see the buds on the trees are flowering
    dance in the rain instead of drowning
    I know we will last forever
    like the trees that survive the winter

growing slowly
    giving me air to breathe
    all the beauty
    look around you'll see
    everything is colourful
    for you and me

In the autumn a few leaves falling
    but it's ok cause we'll work it out and
    the red and orange are bright and real
    not the fake shades you get in other people
    maybe we could last forever
    be that tree that survives through winter

growing slowly
    giving me air to breathe
    all the beauty
    look around you'll see
    everything is colourful
    for you and me

On that winter evening
    stood in the cold
    trying to breathe
    don't let me go
    stood in the snow
    but you keep walking
    I'm just another girl you don't know

stop suddenly
    stopping the air to breathe
    all the beauty
    is gone you see
    everything was colourful
    when there was you and me

and on that spring morning
    a year from now
    someone like you will come around
    and grow and live, survive then kill
    everything that was colourful

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Not my best and another sad one unfortunately but here goes:

Secret Message: I didnt call

You Love Me?

SIt in my pyjamas
    waiting at the phone
    i know i should've called you
    quite some time ago
    how Do i know If you're lying?
    baby you're so harD to tell
    apart from all the others
    who put me uNDer their spell

I so wanted you to be different
    cause I loved you so much more
    I told myself you wouldn't hurt me
    cause you love me, you love me
    Oh, no

making myself a Coffee
    still trying to cAll
    I wouldn't have to do this
    If you didn't just have to come home

cause I Loved you so much more
    cause you love me, you Love me
    Oh, no

Be different
    be bright, be new
    pick up the phone and come home, come home
    be different
    be bright, be new
    cause now Im in the dark feeling so alone

cause I loved you so much more
    cause you love me, you love ,e
    Oh, no

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Cheesy xD

secret message: thankyou thankyou

Lazy

Today you told me i was
    the funniest person you've ever met
    i never tHought you'd say thAt to me
    didN't even Know it myself
    but i know that You
    are a star and yOu shine so bright
    that i can't see through your blinding light
    i can't get throUgh your golden sparks
    so i guess i'll just stay exactly where you are

Time and place are never gonna cHange it
    the things you sAy are never goNna change me
    saying goodbye is just a little too crazy
    and you know me i'm just too lazy

last week you said i was amazing
    just for saying something
    and i just couldn't quite believe it
    after everything
    but i know that you
    are a star you shine so bright
    that i can't see through your blinding light
    i can't get throughout your golden sparKs
    so i'll guess i'll just stay exactly where You are

time and place are never gOnna change it
    the things you say are never gonna change me
    saying goodbye is just a little too crazy
    and yoU know me i'm just too lazy

you already kept your word
    you're being the one i've always known
    was somewhere inside
    i thought it was lost
    after what we went through
    so glad i was wrong

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Fools Talk

secret message: you're gonna be ok

Let them be what theY wanna be
    wIthout yOu dismissing it
    As you walk around perfectly
    two faced girls in yoUr perfect world
    little did you know
    you'Re not our evErythinG
    we cOuld be aNything
    Not try to be you

fools talk
    for people like you
    did your mother ever teAch you
    there's other people too
    fools talk
    was made for you

you'll see them talking so happily
    cause that's how they choose to Be
    and you just won't accEpt that
    too much makeup and short skirts
    little did you see
    how little that you think
    you could've been anything
    And your faking now

fools talk
    for people like you
    did your mother ever teach you
    theres other people too
    fools talk
    was made for you

just cause they choOse a different was to live
    it was higher than popularity on their priority list
    follow them around to make sure you don't miss a thing
    why can't you leave them alone, why walk around like this?

fools talk
    for people liKe you
    did your mother ever teach you
    theres other people too
    fools talk
    was made for you

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Miles Away

I was alone and bruised
    been knocked down by you
    and i tried not to care at all
    then all at once and suddenly
    the christmas lights on the tree
    didnt seem as beautiful as they should've been

everyone stood there with tinsel in their hair
    and all i did was fade away
    everyone was festive and everyone was there
    but i was miles away, miles away

it was dark and cold
    there was no escape route
    but i never tried to find one in the end
    at first it was a shock to me
    that i lost the will to believe
    and that brought me lower down than i had been

i lost the will to care
    because i thought i'd lost a reason
    but now i realise it was there all this time
    i could never really explain it
    when it always seemed to be raining
    but now the clouds have passed again

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Green, Red and Gold

Three years ago
    you would've been here
    and i wouldn't be sitting in floods of tears
    you wouldn't be late
    you never liked that
    cause even a minute felt like thousands of years

but i wait by the frosty window
    again for the second year
    but you didnt come round the corner
    right where
    i wanted you to appear

christmas lights shine
    all green red and gold
    through the music i hear your voice echoed
    i remember it clear
    and i have no escape
    i pretend i don't care but i know, i know

right where
    i wanted you to appear

but i still light the candle
    that counts down the days
    to another year after
    you promised you'd stay
    stay
    but it's ok

right where
    i wanted you to appear

right where
    i wanted you to appear

i'll wait by the frosty window
    for a million more years
    and maybe one day you'll come running
    right where
    you should've appeared

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I'm Not

You could ask me to dance
    but i'd be crazy
    cause i can't dance like them
    or you could ask me to write a story
    but it would be boring
    so don't ask me

Cause i'm not a writer, i'm not a dancer
    i couldn't sweep you off your feet
    i'm not a thinker, i'm not a speaker
    don't leave this to me

you could stand up and say
    that girl, she's worth it
    but I'm not worth their time
    or you could ask me to write a song
    but if you want a number one
    then don't ask me

im not a linguist, im not a poet
    i couldn't blow your mind one day
    im not so good with, saying what I mean
    don't leave this to me

i won't change the world someday
    like everyone says you will
    I'm just another runaway
    who's scared away her skills
    i'm not good enough, I'm not gonna change
    but if i could i'd do it any day

to be a writer, or a dancer
    or sweep you off your feet
    or maybe a linguist, even a poet
    she'd say
    just leave this to me

cause I'm gonna change the world someday

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.