Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Songwriting with Ms. Hannah :)

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Hey! I'm Mrs. Delani! I teach beauty!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

(^) Hello fellow teacher!! :)

All By Me :)

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Hi! I teach songwriting too! Oh this will be so fun! :D

Swiftie since 2007. Speak Now tour-August 28th.

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:25 AM

I AM IN SONGWRITING CLASS :)

YAY!

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:30 AM

How do I find out whose class I am in? I am doing a songwriting class.

^InMyBestRedDress
    If you want a reply, please PM me.
    Please listen to me sing: http://soundcloud.com/dmeosi13

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:45 AM

I don't know, soon I'm gonna get a list of my "students", between Sept 7-12 I think :)

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Okay cool :)

^InMyBestRedDress
    If you want a reply, please PM me.
    Please listen to me sing: http://soundcloud.com/dmeosi13

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Your students will be sent to you (as you said) between the 7-12 :)
    My Graphic Boutique

likeapagentqueen|Music21

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I'm a teacher so I can't be in the class. But I'm going to stalk this thread so I know how to write :)

Both by me :)

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I'm Miz Iz and i teach Style!

Music21. Me. Me.

Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Swiftie4EverAndAlways wrote:
    I'm a teacher so I can't be in the class. But I'm going to stalk this thread so I know how to write :)

What I'm gonna do to Sarah's...

Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM

InMyBestRedDress wrote:
    Swiftie4EverAndAlways wrote:

What I'm gonna do to Sarah's...

It might be a good idea to stalk hers too :)

Both by me :)

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Yeah :) What do you teach?

Louis Tomlinson is flawless. Beautiful. I ship Laylor, forever and always. :)

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:15 AM

I'm Be Like Taylor....it makes me feel special

1. tswiftlover 2.Kaylee (Polar13Bear)

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:24 AM

Cool! I'm gonna stalk your class...

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 5:39 AM

i want to be in a Songwriting class please!! :3 :D
    Work Like You Don't Need Money,
    Love Like You've Never Been Hurt,
    And Dance Like Nobody's watching !

Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Cute idea! :3

Love, Love, Love
    -M-

FIRST LESSON~9/13/12

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM

WELCOME, EVERYONE! :)

So, today's lesson is going to be very simple, just kind of a get-to-know-you thing. BUT, with a songwriting twist. ;) First, I'm going to post a class list so everyone knows who to contact and stuff. Also I'm just going to say stuff about "grades" :)

Miss Hannah's class:

name:Tabitha-Rose
    username: thatlittleREDdress

Name: Annie
    Username: xLikeEver

Name:Liz
    Username:LizLovesTaylor27

Name: cat
    username: last_kiss_19

name : Kiavash (male)
    username : Kiavash

Name: Danielle
    Username: Danni15

name: Kaitlyn
    username: taylorswift.134-ever

Name: Monique
    Username: monick

Name: Vincent
    Username: Iguanas Love Taylor

Name:Molly
    Username:NewYorkRed

Name: Anna
    Username: 13LittleStars

You can call me Miss Hannah, but I'd prefer just Hannah. It's fine :)

I'm going to grade things out of 5.
    1-Didn't do anything involving the task
    2-Did the task, but it is sloppy and off-topic.
    3-Task is done, maybe a little late, but everything is good.
    4-Task is done and turned in on time. Student put some good effort into it.
    5-Task is done, turned in on time, and student put forth some amazing, amazing effort.

Don't worry, no one will get below a 3 ;)

So today I'm just going to say a little bit about the basics of songs, and then we'll get into homework.

Lesson: So, songwriting. It may seem hard at first, but with a little failed attempts, mistakes, and PRACTICE, you will get the hang of it! Here are some tips that will help you very much.
    ~Rhyme. You don't always have to rhyme perfectly. For example, you could rhyme "eyes" with "cries" (perfect) or "eyes" with "time". Either works.

~Be specific. I cannot stress how important this is. Use dates, places, feelings...you don't have to say names, but be as specific as possible.

~Use imagery, metaphors, similes, all that stuff. Use references to movies and books, i.e. Romeo and Juliet, etc. Anything that makes the reader/listener interested.

~Write in the form:
    Verse

Pre Chorus (optional)
    Chorus

Verse

PC
    Chorus

Bridge

Chorus

It simplifies things. :)

Homework: In order to get to know each other better, and sharpen our lyric skills, I'm asking everyone to write just a verse about things they like or things that symbolize them. Mine could be something like this:

I love to play guitar
    Dance around under that stars
    I'm in love with five British boys
    And one blond girl with quite a voice
    I'm that girl who bakes every week
    Writes songs in class and under the sheets
    I dance around in the pouring rain
    But no, I'm not crazy
    I'm just being good old me

Try your best, and I won't judge very harshly, it's the first lesson :)

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Homework is DUE on 9/20/12.

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Starting now!! I'll try to get it turned in before the due date, because sometimes I can't be on TC. I'm almost get on on weekdays. (Very busy!) But Friday's have less work so I'll be on then too. :)
    I used to be DareToSpeakNow13/NeverEverGettingBackTogether

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.