Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Homeschooled Swifties?

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hi!
I've been seriously considering homeschooling /online schooling for various reasons and I was wondering if anyone who's been/being homeschooled or knows a lot about it could help me out? Could you give me some of the downsides or problems that might happen? Is there anything you think I should know? Thanks :)

^Credit to Brooker27

^Credit to TSlovelovelove13
Avatar credit to DancingAroundAllAlone

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Homeschooled Swifties?

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I'm homeschooled by my mom. It's fun.

PRO: I have a shorter school day (4 1/2 hours)

CON: I don't get to spend as much time with my friends

PRO: Swimming, Taekwon-Do count as P.E. so that counts as my school day

CON: My little sister annoys me

PRO: Guitar counts as music (AN HOUR OF THE DAY!!!)

CON: I usually have to finish every book (Even if the year's already over)

Anything you want to know?
    Forever & Always, Danni15

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Well I wasn't really homeschooled I went to school online, but I'm finished now. It's crazy cuz just two short years ago I was a year behind now I'm a year ahead.

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I am home schooled, and I seriously recommend it. I am enrolled in an online school called www.k12.com
    it is like public school at home, you have teachers, but you go to online almost like chat sessions to learn. You have progress, you have online lessons, your learning coach has to enter attendance, K12 sends you textbooks, and workbooks. It is a great thing!

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Im homeschooled! Alot of the time i like homeschooling,and i would recomend it! If you have any questions feel free to ask me! Here are my pros and cons if that helps :)

pro. you get to sleep in
    pro.you get to pick your own schedual for school
    con.you dont get to see as many as your friends in a day
    pro.you can do the work what ever time you want
    if you have any questions ask me!!
    i spoke now on August 14, 2011

“Your lucky enough to be different, never change”
    [url=http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/alexblant29/Maggies2ndGraphic.jpg]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t520/alexblant29/Maggies2ndGraphic.jpg[/url][/IMG} Made by Long Liv[/signature]

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Wow, thank you guys so much! I hadn't realized stuff like swimming and Taekwon-Do count as P.E. That's awesome! Is it easy to get ahead (like graduate early and stuff)? Thank you all so much! That was super helpful!

^Credit to Brooker27

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM

im home schooled! and there is nothin i dont like ab it!

but we can talk ab schooling more if u want to just email me! i will reply!:]] ur gonna love being home schooled!:]]]

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I am homeschooled its great! The only bad part is that you don't get to see your friends much, and for me, I am doing online homeschool, I pretty much learn on my own. But my teachers call and ask me If I need help or for other reasons. But its way more better than regular school :)
    Love, Love, Love
    -B-

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I was homeschooled for the last 2 years of highschool and I really enjoyed it all the stress of going to a public highschool went away. I had to be homeschooled for health reasons I kinda broke my back well fractured it but it felt like I snapped it in half I could barely walk, and I was stuck in bed for months and longer after there for rehab and recovery. My mom did most of the teaching and no she was never a teacher by trade just a housewife and mom lol, but I did have two teachers provided by the state of NC to come by and help me with stuff and give me the test.

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Wow, thanks so much! This was a huge help! And @wonderstruck84 :( Are you okay now?

^Credit to Brooker27

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:40 AM

thingsgreaterthan13 wrote:
    Wow, thanks so much! This was a huge help! And @wonderstruck84 :( Are you okay now?

^Credit to Brooker27

I still have a lot of back pain and I've fractured some ribs since then but yes I'm much better thanks for asking nothing pain meds can't fix lol.

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:42 AM

im homeschooled my mom its pretty fun

pro you have less hours of work to do

con if you have siblings you will be spending a lot of time with them

pro you get to c that not all homeschoolers live under a rock

con u dont get to spend as much time with friends

pro you dont have to get up as early well i do i start at 7:30 :P
    ~TSFOREVER

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I live in England and my mum home-schools both me and my sister:)
    We don't have any problems with it at all. You get more time dedicated to the stuff you like to do, and I also find we get shorter work hours then schools have:)
    Also where I live there are 100's of other home-schooled kids/teenagers around and people organize group trips to theatres, muesums, art gallerys ect. and we've got loads of friends both in school and out of school, so personally we don't find it lonely at all. But I think it supends on where you live as to whether there's a good net-work of homeschoolers.

signiture by the amazing LostInyourslands

graphic by amazing songbird13
    beautiful avatar by TanyaxOh

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Oh my gosh! I'm homeschooled too and I'm in ninth grade.
    I would recommend homeschooling above online. Number one: Join a homeschool co-op! My mom started one two years ago and it's where I met all of my homeschool friends. There are several email groups you can join to get to know the homeschool co-ops in your area. Or have your mom contact your town's school and ask about other homeschoolers you can get to know in your area.
    Also, if you're going to be homeschooled, I would recommend signing up for one outside class - like in a homeschool co-op, or a community college (yes, you can get into these!).
    I hope this helps at least a little. And if you to decide to homeschool, good luck and have fun! Taylor was homeschooled in highschool, did you know that? If you have any other questions you can email me! It's olivia.lofstrom@yahoo.com. Hope I helped :)

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM

one bad part about being home-schooled is it's less social, you might lose touch with some of your friends sadly

Taylor Swift, I love you to the moon and back

love love love,

Meredith

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM

It is great being homeschooled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Danni15 wrote:
    I'm homeschooled by my mom. It's fun.

PRO: I have a shorter school day (4 1/2 hours)

CON: I don't get to spend as much time with my friends

PRO: Swimming, Taekwon-Do count as P.E. so that counts as my school day

CON: My little sister annoys me

PRO: Guitar counts as music (AN HOUR OF THE DAY!!!)

CON: I usually have to finish every book (Even if the year's already over)

Anything you want to know?
    Forever & Always, Danni15

cool! school goes by faster... well i guess you don't have to wait for other people to do their work

Taylor Swift, I love you to the moon and back

love love love,

Meredith

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I've been Homeschooled my whole life.. And yes you are at home all the time, but thats why there's sports and orchestras ect. Homeschooled kids can still do that kind of stuff. :D
    Sarah

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I was homeschooled, (In College now)

Pro: I finished my exams two weeks before all my friends even started
    Pro: I could talk to my boyfriend in his free's
    Pro: You choose your own subjects and hours
    Pro: You learn at your own pace
    Pro: When Taylor tickets go on sale everyone else is at school ;)

Con: It gets kinda lonely sometimes
    Con: You get bored while your friends are at school
    Con: You're kinda stuck in one house

it's good though =)

RE: Homeschooled Swifties?

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I live in Belgium and I'm also considering homeschooling for my last 2 years of high school.

I'm new to this country and I had to spend a year learning Dutch, but I still wanna go to college with some of my old friends back home.
    And I have a question here... I wanna go to the USA for college, canyou still apply for college there normally if you're homeschooled?

thanks Swifties!!

Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I'm home-schooled! I'll give the pros and cons

Pro: Shorter school days! Well, most likely.

Pro: Your the only one in the class (unless you have siblings) so it's faster and easier. Like if you were on a test you wouldn't need to wait for everyone to finish.

Pro: You can go on more vacations.

Pro: You can be SMARTER and learn more. See, if your not in a big school (your house) then you can like learn a lot more, it makes sense, right?

Pro: Since you have vacation times, you can go to historical landmarks and things like that so you can learn more!

Con: Your not always at school, so you cannot see your friends a lot

Con: Unless your in a home-school group, you can't meet MANY friends. I don't have a lot, but still plenty and I love all of them!

Con: Even though you have time to do whatever you want, sometimes it gets boring.

Con: If you move to a new town or place or anywhere and are still home-schooling, you may not be able to meet new friends very quickly.

And, I'm pretty sure you can apply for college... I'm not so sure, because I'm not yet near going to college, but I'm sure you are able to. Maybe it's a little bit more advanced...? But when some people were talking about it they said that you can.

Love love love, burn.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.