Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: SwiftieKat's Songbook

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM

So this song I have to say I'm most proud of. It really shows how I feel. At least, I hope it does.

Title: "Couldn't Lie To You"

You get to walk out that door.
    After all, that's what you came for.
    You still have everything.
    Including me,
    Because I can't let you go.
    Oh, but I don't have you.
    The only love I knew.
    You own the scoreboard.

Chorus:
    You don't need me.
    That was so easy
    For you to say.
    I'm helpless, defenseless.
    How did I get this way?
    When you said it to me, what was I to say?
    I couldn't say it too.
    No, I couldn't lie to you.

I don't know what happened.
    But just out of habit
    I won't wonder why.
    Pain is something I tend to hide.
    I was happy,
    You're just what I need to survive.

Repeat Chorus

I'm still right here,
    Hiding from my fear
    That if I leave, it'll all be real.
    I close my eyes,
    Keeping this moment of agonized hope.
    Oh, but I don't cry.
    There's not even a drop.
    No, I'll just shake it off.
    Just don't ask me the truth
    Because I couldn't lie to you.

Edit: 8/15/2013

I just rewrote this song a little bit...much better, right?

V1:
    You still have every piece,
    Your pride, your everything.
    Walk on by me, as if we're strangers.
    I won't look, don't want the dangers.
    I will fall again and again,
    Just like I go over everything you said.

Chorus:
    You don't need me.
    That was so easy
    For you to say.
    How did I get this way?
    When you said it to me,
    What was I to do?
    I couldn't say it too.

V2:
    I'm not sure how it happened.
    I will replay it, out of habit.
    I thought we were happy,
    Baby, didn't you love me?
    Yesterday I was in a haze
    Of blue eyes and lovely days.
    Now I can't speak your name,
    Hear echoes of things you say...

Repeat Chorus

“Couldn’t Lie To You”

V1:
    You still have every piece,
    Your pride, your everything.
    Walk on by me, as if we're strangers.
    I won't look, don't want the dangers.
    I will fall again and again,
    Just like I go over everything you said.

Chorus:
    You don't need me.
    That was so easy
    For you to say.
    How did I get this way?
    When you said it to me,
    What was I to do?
    I couldn't say it too.

V2:
    I'm not sure how it happened.
    I will replay it, out of habit.
    I thought we were happy,
    Baby, didn't you love me?
    Yesterday I was in a haze
    Of blue eyes and lovely days.
    Now I can't speak your name,
    Hear echoes of things you say...

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    I'm still standing here,
    With eyes wide open,
    If I walk away, it'll all be real.
    I guess I'm still hoping.
    You will come back, you will.
    You'll say you love me still...

You don't need me.
    That was so easy
    For you to say.
    When you said it to me,
    What was I to do?
    I couldn't say it too.
    Ohhh, but I'm not crying.
    Don't you ask me if I'm lying.
    There's not a single drop,
    No, I'll just shake it off.
    Just don't ask me the truth
    Because I couldn't lie to you.

-Kat

I always forget to tell you "I love you! I've loved you from the very first day...."

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Don't you all comment at once. jkjjkkjjk
    -Kat

I always forget to tell you "I love you! I've loved you from the very first day...."

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I love it! :)

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Amazing! You should write more, you have a real natural talent! :)

Click Taylor to visit my songbook!

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Those comments are extremely sweet!!!
    -Kat

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Here's a song that I wrote last night. The emotions behind it are really powerful. Your thoughts?

Title: "The Sound Of You"

Just a step,
    Just a breath.
    Either one I would accept.
    Just a word,
    Just a name.
    Neither one still remain.
    Looking down,
    There goes a tear.
    Not down my face.
    That won't happen here.

Chorus:
    Move on,
    There's only one song
    That plays on and on.
    Is it in my head or my heart?
    It's been so long since the start.
    Just that melody.
    It's the tune I need.
    It's The Sound Of You...

One laugh,
    One smile.
    Not even once in a while.
    One day,
    One month.
    They drag forever, on and on.
    Walking away,
    I know they watch me.
    I know they worry.
    But this sound's just too loud to be ignored.

Repeat Chorus

From the first day,
    You blew me away.
    I fell in love,
    Couldn't get enough.
    When you said...
    "I'll always find my way back to you."
    Not this.
    Those words I forbid.
    It was all a lie, with nothing true.
    I no longer have...
    The Sound Of You.

-Kat

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I never really get ideas for songs. The way I write them is just starting from the first verse. To me, it's a poem. Each part is separate, meaning the chorus, and the verses aren't connected until I read them all together at the end. Sometimes I'll come up with the chorus first, but in my mind, they're just separate poems telling the same story.
    -Kat

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Any comments on the new song I put up?
    -Kat

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

OMS!!! You're songs are amazing!!! I think that you should enter Brittneyswiftly14's songwriting contest. Click here:
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/1987361/

Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I feel like deleting this.
    -Kat

Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Change a line? Change a word?
    -Kat

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM

New song I wrote!!!

Title: "Surrender and Be Mine"

I always
    Locked my heart in secret.
    Too hard for feeling.
    Now I left it open.
    I hope you notice.
    Right above the door
    There's a note
    The message is clear,
    It says your name.
    Just don't be afraid.

Chorus:
    I'll paint you pictures
    To send to
    That place deep in your heart.
    I'll show you better.
    Things you never
    Knew existed.
    I'll be waiting,
    Patient.
    For you do decide.
    Just surrender.
    Surrender and be mine.

Like a performance,
    You try your best and
    Hope that they like it.
    I'll just keep trying,
    So don't waste our time denying.
    Denying what's real.
    Darling, this is how I feel.

Repeat Chorus

I won't give you details
    Cause that's not
    What is important.
    I won't give you reasons.
    When you know it
    Things like that are unimportant.
    Just surrender,
    Surrender and Be Mine.
    -Kat

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Maybe comment?
    -Kat

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Here's another song. I'll just post them here for me, then.

Title: “Brown Lights”

Your sweet face, I need it.
    I love it, baby.
    That one smile, it gets me.
    Every time, baby.
    Heavenly words.
    Keep them coming,
    My darling.

Chorus:
    I’ve never seen brown lights.
    Some say they wouldn’t shine.
    But they haven’t seen your eyes.
    They shine with a brightness,
    One I can’t resist.
    I need you with me.
    Light my world.
    Say goodbye to the sun
    And hello
    To those
    Brown Lights.

Brown eyes, so gorgeous.
    Never have I felt like this.
    Your sad eyes,
    Why be sad, baby?
    I’ll always love you.
    And I’ll always tell you.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
    My darling, keep glowing.
    Every second keeps burning.
    Every moment with you
    I’m so wrapped up in it, baby.

I’ve never seen brown lights.
    Some say they
    Wouldn’t shine,
    But they’ve never seen your eyes.
    They shine like your words.
    You give them
    Both to me, baby.
    I can’t stop smiling.
    Keep lighting my world
    With your
    Brown Lights.

-Kat

Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

BUMP
    -Kat

Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:31 AM

BUMP
    -Kat

Graphic made by the lovely Foreverever13

Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Are they THAT horrible?
    -Kat

Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:43 AM

great songs!:)
    ^both by stayingfearless13.

Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    -Kat

Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

BUMP
    -Kat