Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Happy Never After Fairytale

When You look my way,
    And I start to look down.
    I see the rocks that shine so bright,
    over the sad empty town.
    When we see the carnival,
    and the lights turn down.
    I remember it started,
    with a whisper so loud.

Ooh..
    Do you remember when we watched the stars?
    On the blanket with the music on.

The roses you gave me in the fall
    Never died until you were gone.
    When you held me closer and wouldn't let go
    I woke up from that dream and never returned.
    Ooh..
    Is this the Happy Never after fairytale?

We ride the rides,
    turned around our time
    Then We get ice cream,
    and walk by the beach.
    You talk about you,
    and how your so cool.
    We feel the ocean breeze,
    and you leave me, please.

Ooh..

Ooh..
    Is this the Happy Never After fairytale?

Baby you could be sweet,
    and the one you want to hug.
    When you had a rough day
    Coming home from work.
    Ooh.
    And we could be happy
    and we could be strong.
    But you threw it all away,
    for me, please.

(x2)
    Ooh..

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM

RedPassengerSeatSongwriter: Thank you, you're my first entry! I love the vividness of your song, thank you so much for entering!

RE: SwiftieKat's Songwriting Contest

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Here's my entry!

I wrote this song is about a guy that I'd had feelings for but hadn't seen in a while. This song is all about how I felt talking to him for the first time after not seeing him for two years. He has the most beautiful green eyes.

So, I hope you enjoy!

Your Eyes

verse:
    it feels like just days
    since i last saw your face
    since you grabbed my hand
    and said it would be ok
    and now here we are
    like nothing’s changed
    i’m wondering if you still remember
    what happened that day

pre-chorus:
    how i looked into your eyes
    and saw myself in you
    and how i struggled to tell you why
    but it couldnt break through

chorus:
    your eyes
    were the reason that i woke up
    and your, your smile
    made me feel as though i couldnt speak and
    the way you looked at me
    made me feel like maybe everything could change
    did you ever feel that way?

verse:
    i love the way you think
    how i never know what you’ll say next
    how you keep me on the brink
    always putting me to the test and
    i forgot how it feels
    to smile at one of your silly jokes
    to want to grab your hand
    and just...go

pre-chorus:
    and i still remember
    the last time we talked
    and now here we are again
    you’ve made my life stop
    ‘cause

chorus:
    your eyes
    and your, your smile
    the way you looked at me
    made me think that everything could change
    i wonder did you ever feel that way

bridge:
    and i can’t help thinking back
    at everything we shared
    the memories fly through my head
    nothing spared
    and as i sit here
    i realize

chorus:
    your eyes
    are the reason that i wake up
    and your, your smile
    makes me feel as though i’ll never speak and
    when you look at me
    i think that baby we could change

your eyes
    and your, your smile
    the way you looked at me
    made me think that everything could change
    i wonder did you ever feel that way

tell me baby that you still feel this way.

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:33 PM

mayaella: Thank you for your entry! I love how I could tell you meant every line.
    -Kat

I always forget to tell you "I love you! I've loved you from the very first day...."

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM

2 entries so far. Come on, songwriting Swifties, I'd love to hear your songs!!

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM

BUMP
    -Kat

I always forget to tell you "I love you! I've loved you from the very first day...."

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM

BUMP
    -Kat

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I can make a graphic for this songwriting contest :)

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM

~ my entry. I guess the best way to explain it is you've felt like you've lost your imagination and you're kinda depressed and your guy is trying to get you back, and you're remembering how it was. And he keeps trying and he pulls you out of it. =)
    Anymore

I try to close my tired eyes
    But you want me to see your fireflies
    Those lights have long left my sight
    I’m sorry
    Where’d you go, you ask me
    Where’s your heart at, you ask
    I’m with you, don’t you see
    I’m with you,
    Though I’m trapped somewhere down inside me

Your voice echoes off these prison walls
    I’m a ghost, trapped behind jail bars
    You speak to me,
    Your words, so beautiful
    You make me a flower
    I start to unravel
    Your words, so beautiful
    Give me a glimpse of a world
    I never let myself go
    Anymore

I’ve been to the world of dreamers
    Castles and cobbled roads
    Where faeries and magical things roam
    You’re always standing beside me
    But now I’m in a slumber
    And I can’t find my way back home

Your voice echoes down these empty dirt roads
    I’m a traveler, lost between worlds
    You speak to me,
    Your words, so beautiful
    You make me a flower
    I start to unravel
    Your words, so beautiful
    I never let myself go
    Anymore

You can tell me anything, you whisper to me
    You always have me, you whisper
    I’m still a scared little girl
    Even though I’m a year into being an adult
    Scared of the future, scared of what it holds
    Scared of growing old

Your voice pulls me out of my prison
    I’m free, not alone
    You speak to me,
    Your words, so beautiful
    You make me a flower
    I’m unraveling
    Your words, so beautiful
    I never let myself go
    Anymore

But I won’t hide,
    No, not anymore
    I’ll be back
    I see your fireflies

~ formerly fishie♥

*all graphics by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

musicofthenightx: Thank you for your entry! I love your song, it's beautiful.
    -Kat

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM

These songs are so flawless!!!!!!!

@lij985

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I'll Be Love

Verse:
    You could see me standing in the rain
    Throwing pebbles at your window pane
    Wishing I had your last name
    Cuz you're the only thing that keep me sane

If you'd just open the window, I'd climb the trees
    Hold you tight and set your free
    From the burdens that keep you from walking the streets
    Both our lives would be complete

Pre-Chorus:
    This is me standing in front of you
    Saying "I do"

Chorus:
    When you're standing in the cold, twenty feet of snow
    I'll be there to give you a coat
    When you're dazed and confused, nothing left to lose
    I'll trek through the twisted maze to find you
    The light in you ain't always shining through
    But your embrace is enough
    To make me want you through and through
    And if you're waiting for love, baby, I'll be love

Verse:
    For you I'd stay up until the morning light
    To help you recover from the most recent fight
    I'd walk through a dark forest at midnight
    To take their matches and make them disappear from your sight

Pre-Chorus:
    I wish I'd be standing in front of you
    Saying "I do"

Chorus:

Bridge:
    Oh baby I know every joke that can make you laugh
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm your other half
    Sitting next to you, I can heal your pain
    And I can hear your cries from miles away
    Oh I'd run to you
    Oh I'd run to you
    Oh I'd run to you, yeah

Chorus:
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM

foreverandalways13 wrote:
    These songs are so flawless!!!!!!!

@lij985

I know, it'll be hard to choose!

-Kat

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM

sarahthirk1313: Thank you for your entry, I really enjoyed reading your song! :)
    -Kat

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    sarahthirk1313: Thank you for your entry, I really enjoyed reading your song! :)
    -Kat

I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Entries?? :)
    -Kat

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM

SwiftieKat wrote:
    musicofthenightx: Thank you for your entry! I love your song, it's beautiful.
    -Kat

Thanks love ♥ I just wrote it today... I spent like 3 hours on it. xD

~ formerly fishie♥

*all graphics by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Here's mine!:)

im too lazy to write an explanation:) so here! Enjoy!:)

FALLING FOR YOU
    Why is it so hard for you to see
    What you're doing to me
    Why is it so difficult to believe
    That we could be a beautiful, magical, thing...

CHORUS
    Don't you know..
    You're killing me with your smile
    You electrify me with words,
    You make me wanna dance when I see 
    Your beautiful eyes light up the world!
    It's like you're in behind a wall,
    And I'm on the outside,
    Trying to stop my fall,
    It's no use, everyday,
    Every single word you say,
    Everything you do,
    Ooo and Everyday I fall for you

I can't understand,
    I die just thinking of holding your hand,
    Every day I hope to hear,
    A sweet hello whispered in my war

But no matter how much I wish,
    You're always so obliviouS
    You walk on by,
    Never seeing me, never suspecting,
    But baby, im Wishing you were mine

Every day when I wake up,
    Putting on my makeup,
    I see myself in parts of you
    I only hope that you would too

And as I look into the mirror,
    I realize you're not getting nearer
    And I hope that someday
    I will be able to stand up and say...

CHORUS

oooo darling can't you see,
    I'm falling so fast,
    Dreaming, believing,
    Advancing, retreating,
    Trying to just make you see
    Just how much you mean to me

(how much)
    Can't you see
    (I'm falling)
    You're killing me
    (falling fast)
    I can't go back
    (Ooo baby)
    But how can I make you see,
    When I'm falling to fast
    To even recognize me?

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

longlivetaylor4ever&always: Lovely! Thank you for your entry.
    -Kat

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Wishin' You Were Mine

(Verse 1)
    If I gave you my heart wrapped in a song,
    would you keep it close to you? Listen to it when you're alone?
    Could you hear my heart break? Thinkin' I'll be strong,
    or would'ja call me, text me, write me? In my dreams you're waiting at home.

You wait for me, 'cause I'm all you need,
    but I really know that it'll never be.

(Chorus)
    Call me crazy, I can't give up.
    One look, I'm hooked; you got me, good. I'm stuck.
    I can't tell you how much time has flown by
    where I've been sittin' in my room, wishin' you were mine.

(Verse 2)
    How can other girls look into your eyes
    and keep smiles away? They need to teach me somethin'.
    I need a boy like you, someone where secrets can hide.
    Someone where trust and love lies, and stories never end.

We'd talk for hours 'cause we're so close.
    But right now I'm a mouse, 'cause no one knows!

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
    I've been waiting for years for someone like you,
    never wanted to try this hard, I won't let you go.
    Keep me company, hold me like a balloon.
    Keep me grounded, I'm flying, and you gotta know!

(Chorus)

(Outro)
    Oh, I don't know how to pass time...
    So I'm just wishin' you were mine.

LoVe Madi :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.