Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Misheard lyrics

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I saw a thread for misheard lyrics in Taylor's songs, but didn't see one for misheard lyrics in any songs (including Taylor's songs). So... yeah. Post lyrics you've misheard here :)

Here's some of the one's I've misheard:

Song & artist: Live To Party - the Jonas Brothers
What I heard: So tired of routines, there's dead girls on it all
Actual lyric: So tired of routines, the day goes on and on

Song & artist: Consider Me Gone - Reba
What I heard: If you don't get drunk, hold my keys
Actual lyric: If you don't get drunk on my kiss.

Song & artist: Someone To Call My Lover - Janet Jackson
What I heard: He'll drive a (swear word) car (sorry, didn't want to actually swear. I was like "whaaaa???? How did this make it onto a NOW cd???")
Actual lyric: He'll drive a funky car

Song & artist: Can't Have You - the Jonas Brothers
What I heard: I don't wanna fall asleep, cuz I don't wanna (swear word) it up (again, just didn't want to swear.)
Actual lyric: I don't wanna fall asleep, cuz I don't know if I'll get up

Song & artist: Sugar We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy
What I heard: You know it's not complex, cooking with pudding
Actual lyric: A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it

Song & artist: Hot Stuff - Donna Summer (but I misheard it in Allison Iraheta's live performance of it on American Idol.)
What I heard: Hot, hot, hot, hot sauce / Hot, hot, hot / How's that hot sauce baby this evening? (It was the first time I'd ever heard that song, and I was so so SO confused as to why someone would write a song about hot sauce. And even more confused as to why someone would chose to sing it on Idol)
Actual lyric: Hot, hot, hot, hot stuff / Hot, hot, hot / How's that hot stuff baby this evening?

I love misheard lyrics because they're usually SO funny! :) What are some you guys have misheard?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Misheard lyrics

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I hate when people say "You Belong To Me"!! I hate that!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM

"I'm only up, when you're knocked down"- I'm Only Me When I'm With You. I think you know the real lyric, haha. I honestly thought that and it threw me off a little bit about her. xD

"Hey paradise, put a f* in life"- Big Yellow Taxi, real lyrics "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot" xD My mom LOVED this song and I always wondered why, because, you know, curse words are bad haha

uhm I never think of them till I'm actually listening to the song lol
    ~ by iwasascarlettletter & tswiftlover ♥

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM

i always thought and stll sing it in back to december
    - Saying I'm sorry for the third night-
    Instead of that night.
    Not funny but still confusing
    True blue white horse.
    Visit my profile

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:10 AM

here's another one I've misheard:

Song & artist: Fix A Heart - Demi Lovato
    What I heard: I just ran out of bad days
    Actual lyric: I just ran out of bandaids

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Human Again (From Beauty and the Beast) - We'll be ****ing again, we'll be climbing again!
    Actual lyrics - We'll be floating again, we'll be gliding again!

I just had to google the actual lyrics to find out what they were! I knew it couldn't be what I thought it was as it was on a DISNEY film.
    "To me, Fearless is living in spite of the things that scare you to death."
    - Taylor Swift

RE: Misheard lyrics

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Sparks Fly (Taylor Swift)
    What I heard: Give me wrinkles free now
    The Actual lyrics: Get me with those green eyes
    McKenna H

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    I hate when people say "You Belong To Me"!! I hate that!!

ikr! it bothers me!!!whenever they sing that im like "YOU it says YOU Not To!!

GRAPHIC BY dare to speak now13

[url=http://24.med/]http://24.med[/url][/signature]

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM

In Titanium (Sia & David Guetta) I thought the lyrics were:
    'Show me that, that I wan't more, I am Titanium'
    Really is:
    'Shove me down, but I won't fall, I am Titanium'
    Not funny, but wanted to get that out there :D

Made by Swiftlookalike

Love ya McKayla!

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM

In The Way I Loved You by Taylor, I always thought it was
    It's a roller-coaster kinda emotion.
    But it actually it
    It's a roller-coaster kinda rush.

Visit the Swifties For A Change page

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

in long live when they say "This is absurd" i though it was "This is Our Song"
    LOL
    I would be ENCHANTED to meet Taylor

Swiftie for life

all together we have SWIFTIE POWERS

PLEASE READ MY BLOGS

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM

this isnt misheard..... i just think it is FUNNY!!

bridgit mendler's "ready or not" song the line that says,

"I like your face
    Do you like my song?"

I always bust out laughing!!

who just says, hey i like you face! do you like my song???

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Jessie McCartney's - Leavin'
    What I heard: "You make me wanna take you out on a pasta raid..."
    What he really says: You make me wanna take you out and let it rain..."

Aly and Aj's - No One

What I heard: "...You wonder what its like to not filll with lettuce..."
    What they really say: "...You wonder what its like to not feel worthless..."

I just realized confused these songs with having lyrics about food in them...oh wow. Maybe I was hungry at the time...

Thanks Daya for the beautiful signature!!! [=

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:29 AM

ArieTSA wrote:
    this isnt misheard..... i just think it is FUNNY!!

bridgit mendler's "ready or not" song the line that says,

"I like your face
    Do you like my song?"

I always bust out laughing!!

who just says, hey i like you face! do you like my song???

Ha ha ha I always think that too every time I hear the song!!

Thanks Daya for the beautiful signature!!! [=

RE: Misheard lyrics

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

For Come Back...Be Here
    "This is when I'm feelin 16" instead of "This is when the feeling sinks in"

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.