1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Misheard lyrics

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I saw a thread for misheard lyrics in Taylor's songs, but didn't see one for misheard lyrics in any songs (including Taylor's songs). So... yeah. Post lyrics you've misheard here :)

Here's some of the one's I've misheard:

Song & artist: Live To Party - the Jonas Brothers
What I heard: So tired of routines, there's dead girls on it all
Actual lyric: So tired of routines, the day goes on and on

Song & artist: Consider Me Gone - Reba
What I heard: If you don't get drunk, hold my keys
Actual lyric: If you don't get drunk on my kiss.

Song & artist: Someone To Call My Lover - Janet Jackson
What I heard: He'll drive a (swear word) car (sorry, didn't want to actually swear. I was like "whaaaa???? How did this make it onto a NOW cd???")
Actual lyric: He'll drive a funky car

Song & artist: Can't Have You - the Jonas Brothers
What I heard: I don't wanna fall asleep, cuz I don't wanna (swear word) it up (again, just didn't want to swear.)
Actual lyric: I don't wanna fall asleep, cuz I don't know if I'll get up

Song & artist: Sugar We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy
What I heard: You know it's not complex, cooking with pudding
Actual lyric: A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it

Song & artist: Hot Stuff - Donna Summer (but I misheard it in Allison Iraheta's live performance of it on American Idol.)
What I heard: Hot, hot, hot, hot sauce / Hot, hot, hot / How's that hot sauce baby this evening? (It was the first time I'd ever heard that song, and I was so so SO confused as to why someone would write a song about hot sauce. And even more confused as to why someone would chose to sing it on Idol)
Actual lyric: Hot, hot, hot, hot stuff / Hot, hot, hot / How's that hot stuff baby this evening?

I love misheard lyrics because they're usually SO funny! :) What are some you guys have misheard?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Misheard lyrics

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I hate when people say "You Belong To Me"!! I hate that!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM

"I'm only up, when you're knocked down"- I'm Only Me When I'm With You. I think you know the real lyric, haha. I honestly thought that and it threw me off a little bit about her. xD

"Hey paradise, put a f* in life"- Big Yellow Taxi, real lyrics "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot" xD My mom LOVED this song and I always wondered why, because, you know, curse words are bad haha

uhm I never think of them till I'm actually listening to the song lol
    ~ by iwasascarlettletter & tswiftlover ♥

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM

i always thought and stll sing it in back to december
    - Saying I'm sorry for the third night-
    Instead of that night.
    Not funny but still confusing
    True blue white horse.
    Visit my profile

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:10 AM

here's another one I've misheard:

Song & artist: Fix A Heart - Demi Lovato
    What I heard: I just ran out of bad days
    Actual lyric: I just ran out of bandaids

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Human Again (From Beauty and the Beast) - We'll be ****ing again, we'll be climbing again!
    Actual lyrics - We'll be floating again, we'll be gliding again!

I just had to google the actual lyrics to find out what they were! I knew it couldn't be what I thought it was as it was on a DISNEY film.
    "To me, Fearless is living in spite of the things that scare you to death."
    - Taylor Swift

RE: Misheard lyrics

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Sparks Fly (Taylor Swift)
    What I heard: Give me wrinkles free now
    The Actual lyrics: Get me with those green eyes
    McKenna H

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    I hate when people say "You Belong To Me"!! I hate that!!

ikr! it bothers me!!!whenever they sing that im like "YOU it says YOU Not To!!

GRAPHIC BY dare to speak now13

[url=http://24.med/]http://24.med[/url][/signature]

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM

In Titanium (Sia & David Guetta) I thought the lyrics were:
    'Show me that, that I wan't more, I am Titanium'
    Really is:
    'Shove me down, but I won't fall, I am Titanium'
    Not funny, but wanted to get that out there :D

Made by Swiftlookalike

Love ya McKayla!

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM

In The Way I Loved You by Taylor, I always thought it was
    It's a roller-coaster kinda emotion.
    But it actually it
    It's a roller-coaster kinda rush.

Visit the Swifties For A Change page

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

in long live when they say "This is absurd" i though it was "This is Our Song"
    LOL
    I would be ENCHANTED to meet Taylor

Swiftie for life

all together we have SWIFTIE POWERS

PLEASE READ MY BLOGS

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM

this isnt misheard..... i just think it is FUNNY!!

bridgit mendler's "ready or not" song the line that says,

"I like your face
    Do you like my song?"

I always bust out laughing!!

who just says, hey i like you face! do you like my song???

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Jessie McCartney's - Leavin'
    What I heard: "You make me wanna take you out on a pasta raid..."
    What he really says: You make me wanna take you out and let it rain..."

Aly and Aj's - No One

What I heard: "...You wonder what its like to not filll with lettuce..."
    What they really say: "...You wonder what its like to not feel worthless..."

I just realized confused these songs with having lyrics about food in them...oh wow. Maybe I was hungry at the time...

Thanks Daya for the beautiful signature!!! [=

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:29 AM

ArieTSA wrote:
    this isnt misheard..... i just think it is FUNNY!!

bridgit mendler's "ready or not" song the line that says,

"I like your face
    Do you like my song?"

I always bust out laughing!!

who just says, hey i like you face! do you like my song???

Ha ha ha I always think that too every time I hear the song!!

Thanks Daya for the beautiful signature!!! [=

RE: Misheard lyrics

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

For Come Back...Be Here
    "This is when I'm feelin 16" instead of "This is when the feeling sinks in"