Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: FAQ's- All Things Taylor Connect

Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Ok I know this is probably going to sound weird, considering, but I've honestly never known what the "official" rule of etiquette was regarding responses on blogs... and replies thereto. If you want to reply to a response, do you do so there in your own blog reply section? That never made sense to me, because how would the person know you've responded, if it's on your OWN page? Do you instead post the response as a comment on their page? or do you message them privately instead? I'm really curious, because I've seen it done in varying ways here and was wondering if there even WAS an "officially" recognized etiquette to it.

I don't post blogs very often but my personal rule is if it's a polite acknowledgement and you don't have much to say other than "thank you", keep it to the blog but maybe send them a friend request if they're not a friend already.
    If it's a reply that encourages further discussion, either PM them or send them a wall post to chat further.
    If the same discussions keep coming up with different people and it seems like a wider topic that people might want to weigh in on, consider moving it to the forum.

That's my personal rules, there isn't any particular etiquette with regards to blog posts. If I want to chat, I'll move it to PM instead of commenting (unless I know it's someone who will PM me if they see my response).

Okay now I read that back it looks really complicated.

Are you sure you don't have a rulebook?:) just kidding. so it's pretty much dependent on the situation?

Basically. If their reply is "kool" they don't really merit a PM. If they write a 500 word with their life story it would be awkward to dismiss it with a blog comment they might never see.

Speaking of which you've just reminded me I have a blog comment I need to respond to. It's a bit of an invisible area of the forum to me, I wish my attention was flagged to it more.

Well, if the notifications here worked the way they used to, we'd know about them and not have to rely on tripping over the fact someone had replied like we do now. It's interesting, because i still have those friend request, blog reply, private message notification things checked in my account preferences, but... Nothing happens anymore. Those are the kinds of things that should be fixed on here instead of giving the place face lifts with every new album... Fix the functions first. THEN you can focus on how the place looks, but... that's a rant for a whole different section.

Do you get an email? I still get emails for PMs, wall comments and blog posts. I don't know if I have it checked for friend requests, I get so many I don't consider them worthwhile when the emails don't contain any unique content and I see them upon logging in anyway.

24/11/2009 | 29/03/2011 | 02/02/2014 | 04/02/2014 | 07/02/2014 | 19/06/2015 | 20/06/2015 | 21/06/2015 | 23/06/2015 | 24/06/2015

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Ok I know this is probably going to sound weird, considering, but I've honestly never known what the "official" rule of etiquette was regarding responses on blogs... and replies thereto. If you want to reply to a response, do you do so there in your own blog reply section? That never made sense to me, because how would the person know you've responded, if it's on your OWN page? Do you instead post the response as a comment on their page? or do you message them privately instead? I'm really curious, because I've seen it done in varying ways here and was wondering if there even WAS an "officially" recognized etiquette to it.

I don't post blogs very often but my personal rule is if it's a polite acknowledgement and you don't have much to say other than "thank you", keep it to the blog but maybe send them a friend request if they're not a friend already.
    If it's a reply that encourages further discussion, either PM them or send them a wall post to chat further.
    If the same discussions keep coming up with different people and it seems like a wider topic that people might want to weigh in on, consider moving it to the forum.

That's my personal rules, there isn't any particular etiquette with regards to blog posts. If I want to chat, I'll move it to PM instead of commenting (unless I know it's someone who will PM me if they see my response).

Are you sure you don't have a rulebook?:) just kidding. so it's pretty much dependent on the situation?

Basically. If their reply is "kool" they don't really merit a PM. If they write a 500 word with their life story it would be awkward to dismiss it with a blog comment they might never see.

Speaking of which you've just reminded me I have a blog comment I need to respond to. It's a bit of an invisible area of the forum to me, I wish my attention was flagged to it more.

Well, if the notifications here worked the way they used to, we'd know about them and not have to rely on tripping over the fact someone had replied like we do now. It's interesting, because i still have those friend request, blog reply, private message notification things checked in my account preferences, but... Nothing happens anymore. Those are the kinds of things that should be fixed on here instead of giving the place face lifts with every new album... Fix the functions first. THEN you can focus on how the place looks, but... that's a rant for a whole different section.

Do you get an email? I still get emails for PMs, wall comments and blog posts. I don't know if I have it checked for friend requests, I get so many I don't consider them worthwhile when the emails don't contain any unique content and I see them upon logging in anyway.

The last time i got any e-mail notification for anything like that was back in February I believe... it hasn't worked since. I only get e-mails now about the sales in the store if i even get them.

Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:

The last time i got any e-mail notification for anything like that was back in February I believe... it hasn't worked since. I only get e-mails now about the sales in the store if i even get them.

That's unusual, I still get my emails and I know the Mods do too so that they can deal with things without having to log in.

24/11/2009 | 29/03/2011 | 02/02/2014 | 04/02/2014 | 07/02/2014 | 19/06/2015 | 20/06/2015 | 21/06/2015 | 23/06/2015 | 24/06/2015

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:

That's unusual, I still get my emails and I know the Mods do too so that they can deal with things without having to log in.

Just checked... the last time i got an e-mail about anything like that was February 13th. It's not that they get put into spam either, because they don't. I just completely never get them anymore at all. I honestly thought it was one of those things that the site didn't bother with anymore, like the flag buttons not working and such...that it was just accepted it didn't work and no one was going to do anything about it.

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM

@Haunted_One54 is everything 'checked' on http://taylorswift.com/account/notifications/

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 9:56 AM

neoswiftie wrote:
    @Haunted_One54 is everything 'checked' on http://taylorswift.com/account/notifications/

yep, except for the ground ctrl announcements. everything is checked

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Haunted_One54 wrote:
    neoswiftie wrote:

Weird... I still get mails about everything... I just don't check the mail very often
    Something 'new' for grnd ctrl to fix, maybe contact a moderator, they might be able to report it
    http://taylorswift.com/users/ashez14
    http://taylorswift.com/users/jen
    http://taylorswift.com/users/kirsten

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

neoswiftie wrote:
    Haunted_One54 wrote:
    neoswiftie wrote:

Weird... I still get mails about everything... I just don't check the mail very often
    Something 'new' for grnd ctrl to fix, maybe contact a moderator, they might be able to report it
    http://taylorswift.com/users/ashez14
    http://taylorswift.com/users/jen
    http://taylorswift.com/users/kirsten

Thanks... but i'm afraid I won't be holding my breath. I thought it was a general thing but it's starting to look like it's not... although you are in belgium and kate's in scotland, so i don't know if that makes a difference... it wouldn't seem it should, but then... one never knows. Anyway, thank you again.

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM

February 13th last year....maybe the forum sent you a Valentine and then felt really awkward about it so did an awesome reverse-y thing so that the Valentine disappeared and so did your notification email, but then it screwed up all your future messages as a sacrifice to save the forum from embarrassment?
    Probably not but it's an awesome theory you can adopt now!

Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Clueless wrote:
    February 13th last year....maybe the forum sent you a Valentine and then felt really awkward about it so did an awesome reverse-y thing so that the Valentine disappeared and so did your notification email, but then it screwed up all your future messages as a sacrifice to save the forum from embarrassment?
    Probably not but it's an awesome theory you can adopt now!

Nope, it wasn't a Valentine... for which i'm glad, because i personally detest Valentines day....Sorry to burst that half of your theory kate, but the second part of it sounds plausible...knowing all the bugs this place has
    And i don't think it was last year, but it could be. even so, if it's not, that's ten months it hasn't worked at least...

Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Does anyone have a list of all/most of the badges ad how you earn them? it would be very helpful

Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 5:58 AM

DreamingRed wrote:
    Does anyone have a list of all/most of the badges ad how you earn them? it would be very helpful

There's one here:) http://taylorswift.com/forum/forum_suggestions/1883791

^Such Fearless Blood

Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM

I want to send Taylor a letter, but I don't know where to send it to... anyone have any ideas??? Please let me know.

Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:37 AM

toniix21 wrote:
    I want to send Taylor a letter, but I don't know where to send it to... anyone have any ideas??? Please let me know.

Taylor's fanmail address is as follows;
    Taylor Swift
    c/o Taylor Swift Entertainment
    242 West Main Street
    PMB 412
    Hendersonville, TN 37075
    USA
    I hope that helps!

Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Hey, Im new here, is any way to write an e-mail to Taylor? I want to say thank You to her for all what she done for her fans :)

Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 6:00 AM

Robson92m wrote:
    Hey, Im new here, is any way to write an e-mail to Taylor? I want to say thank You to her for all what she done for her fans :)

Hi Robson, welcome to Taylor Connect!
    Taylor no longer has an email address for fans to send her mail but she does have a fanmail address if you ever want to send her a letter thanking her!
    Taylor's fanmail address is as follows;
    Taylor Swift
    c/o Taylor Swift Entertainment
    242 West Main Street
    PMB 412
    Hendersonville, TN 37075
    USA
    I hope that helps!

RE: FAQ's- All Things Taylor Connect

Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Thank U so much ! :) Now i can write something to her :)

Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM

shes the best artist ever

Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:55 PM

I absolutely joined the website, to ask if anyone knows how to get ahold of the event management or Taylor Swifts team. I know this is a 1 in a million shot, but I bought my girlfriend tickets to the October 2nd show and am giving her them for an anniversary gift next week. And I thought it would be beyond her wildest dreams if I could arrange something with event staff so I could propose to her at the concert (my girlfriend, not Taylor Swift). Has anyone heard of this happening, or wants to make it happen!?!

Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:34 PM

MattC91 wrote:
    I absolutely joined the website, to ask if anyone knows how to get ahold of the event management or Taylor Swifts team. I know this is a 1 in a million shot, but I bought my girlfriend tickets to the October 2nd show and am giving her them for an anniversary gift next week. And I thought it would be beyond her wildest dreams if I could arrange something with event staff so I could propose to her at the concert (my girlfriend, not Taylor Swift). Has anyone heard of this happening, or wants to make it happen!?!
    I called this number a while back for the same idea and they hooked me up: (291) 867 5309