Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Your parents :)

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Talk about your parents on this thread. How much you love them, how much they annoy you, anything.

This thread is in honor of my parents anniversary (which is today)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Your parents :)

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Congrats! I love my parents a ton lol. We argue some of the time, but we all love each other. LOL. It all works out.

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

i love my parents..we do have disagreements..but they're the ones who are always behind my back

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I think my parents hate me, even though, sometimes they are usefull. And maybe deep in side I apreciate them.
    Fearless Swiftie.

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I love my parents! They drive me crazy but I love being around them...most of the time. lol
    "I'm poetry. Complicated, simply stated"- TS

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I love my parents. They are extremely awesome.

One thing, though: I think they spoiled me growing up. Oops.

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I love my parents a ton, even though they can drive me crazy sometimes.
    ~Hannah~

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM

My parents are amazing but sometimes i get realllllly annoyed at them especially my mom lol

Thanks to TaylorSwiftFan for the signature!

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I love my parents, but they are both really complicated people. I wouldn't say what Taylor has said about her folks, that she "won the parent lottery." Nope, not me. My dad has dyslexia that has always made it difficult for him to keep gainful employment, and that also makes it challenging to communicate with him at times. I appreciate that he definitely loves all of us, though, and really has tried hard to be a good dad.

My mother is no longer living (died in 2004), but when she was alive, she had all kinds of problems. She was severely bi-polar, which is probably the condition that affected the rest of us the most. When she was having a good day, we could tell that she was really trying and really loved us, but she could also be very abusive when her illness took over. She didn't receive proper diagnosis and treatment for her mental illness until I was almost 30 years old, and I'm the youngest in my family. So that was a lot of years of wondering what was wrong with Mom, and just all of us trying to cope. My brothers and I had really mixed feelings - we felt very sorry for our mom and what she was having to deal with, but we also to be honest felt sorry for ourselves and wished we didn't have a mother with that illness.
    Illinois Country Fan

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Well, everyone says I look a ton like my dad. I agree, and I also inherit most of my personality from him too. We barely ever argue. My mom and I have more disagreements a lot more though but that's just because we are so different :-/ But I still love them with all my heart Just like Taylor, I "won the parent lottery"

{^} Credit to Music21 for this ENCHANTING graphic!!!!
    {^}Allyouareismean made my AMAZING avi!!!

RE: Your parents :)

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM

my parents are some of the best people i know. they are incredible.

my momma is my best friend she is like my twin. my mom is my friend but never does she try to be cool. i admire how when she tells you something you know she is telling from the heart and ive never seen her lie. my mom tells me to reach for my dreams and really means it. she doesnt care what i do as long as i am happy :) my momma is a woman of god and someone im so proud to know. i know everyone says they have the best mom but i genuinely do. hope one day i can be as great a mom as her.

my dad is amazing too. he is the rational one. if i have a problem i go to him tell him everything and he somehow helps me figure everything out. he is also my sailing buddy. sailing is what we do and even though we may not be on the same team for VOR cough puma for the win cough cough he has taught me all i know about sailing. my dad knows about everything and is really smart. he can fix anything too.

most teenagers hate there parents but ive realized that even if they weren't my parents they are still people id love to be around.

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I've never had a single fall out with my parents. I don't understand people who say they hate their parents. Like one of my friends, she is horrible to her mum, and I'm like, "do you know how much that woman has done for you! how can you say you hate her all the time?"

I couldn't live without my parents, and some people really take advantage of theirs. I love love love them more than anyone else in the world. No one could ever replace them.

And I love spending time with them. People always tell me I'm weird because I like spending time with my parents. I don't see what's so strange about it!

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

My parents have always been really supportive of me, "fangirling". I was talking to my dad about Nashville and he said, "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" And I said, "No dad, you wouldn't understand my fangirlness" and he said, "I'm proud of you." It was so amazing! My parents are the ones who let me blast Taylor's music in the car, and buy me tickets to her concerts, and really go the extra mile to make my dreams come true. I am so thankful for them.

Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:32 PM

FearlesslyEnchanted wrote:
    I've never had a single fall out with my parents. I don't understand people who say they hate their parents. Like one of my friends, she is horrible to her mum, and I'm like, "do you know how much that woman has done for you! how can you say you hate her all the time?"

I couldn't live without my parents, and some people really take advantage of theirs. I love love love them more than anyone else in the world. No one could ever replace them.

And I love spending time with them. People always tell me I'm weird because I like spending time with my parents. I don't see what's so strange about it!

I can understand where some people are coming from. I've met some of my friends' parents...they're um, a bit bizarre.

For that matter, my own parents were a lot harsher towards my brother, less so towards me (I'm the younger kid, so they mellowed out considerably). I can understand some resentment under those circumstances.

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I love my parents. They aren't over-strict and are thankful that I do my best to please them. Ever since I became a swiftie, they've supported me and don't roll their eyes when I talk about Taylor. My dad doesn't really follow along with Taylor, but he likes her and thinks she's pretty My mom enjoys Taylor's music and adores her as a person. She also really liked her concert! She's constantly asking me when the new album and tour will be out.
    ~Just Another Wide-Eyed Girl Who's Desperately in Love With You

Me^^

RE: Your parents :)

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM

My parents are amazing

My mom is absolutely the best person in the world. She's been through so much, but she always seems the same. She's my best friend and my anchor.

My dad is the best dad you could have. He's probably my biggest 'dream supporter' not saying my mom is not, but she's really sensible, so it takes a bit more convincing for her to invest in it. My dad though, will pretty much do anything for any of us and he's a HUGE supporter behind my music...he's the one who's really helped me do what I'm doing...

Altogether, even though they've made mistakes, my parents are amazing

Gif credit to lilylily13

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:50 PM

my dad always teases me for obsessing over taylor as a joke, and my mom sometimes dose the same thing, and they are supporting with my love for taylor!!! but my grandma is REALLY supportive, because she likes taylor as well, she likes the smell of wonderstruck, she jokes around and says she's going to steal my wonderstruck bags, whenever my birthday comes around she always asks me what i want off of taylor's website, and I'll point out a t-shirt or something that's not too expensive, and she orders it for me, and when christmas comes around i always point out a few things. and she also talks about taylor with me and stuff, and she always asks me about the newest taylor gossip whenever i see her which is basically every day or every other day.

and with my parents they accept my love for taylor a lot too, and another thing is when i go upnorth with my dad he always lets me listen to tay's cds for 2 hours straight, and whenever she comes on the radio with my mom she always puts her on knowing that i'll want to listen to her. so as you can tell my parents and grandma agree with my obsessiveness of taylor. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------

*Forever and always a Swiftie!*

~May the odds be ever in your favor!~

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

My Mom is getting married to a wonderful guy. He's like the Dad im about to have! Lol. What matters is that he loves my mom

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I love my parents so much!! We occasionally fight but we always get over it right after. The Best Day really makes me think of them because they're so great :)

Animal Kingdom

1.Me 2.The Amazing Panda (llts)

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM

fearless_hannah13 wrote:
    Well, everyone says I look a ton like my dad. I agree, and I also inherit most of my personality from him too.
    {^} Credit to Music21 for this ENCHANTING graphic!!!!
    {^}Allyouareismean made my AMAZING avi!!!

Looks-wise I look totally like my mom. People are always amazed by how much I look like her.
    Illinois Country Fan

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM

we argue haha but I love them so much :D

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.