Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Rant About Your Romantic Life

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Well this isn't so much of a rant, just an irritating observation. I know I am one of those who gives out advice (and I like to think it is good advice), yet when it comes to my relationship problems, I am clueless, lol. I know I am not the only one, I think everyone is guilty of it.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I haven't had one for a bit over two years and seven months. Haven't met anyone that triggered the slightest spark.

...I should also probably stop tracking the duration, but it was Thanksgiving. It's not exactly hard to remember =x.

(It's a bit tangential, I know).

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

singlovetaylor13 wrote:
    Well this isn't so much of a rant, just an irritating observation. I know I am one of those who gives out advice (and I like to think it is good advice), yet when it comes to my relationship problems, I am clueless, lol. I know I am not the only one, I think everyone is guilty of it.

I know right? You get all your friends together and you help them a lot in their relationships, but yours are a total mess!

By the way, you do give great advice!!

Top signature credit to KIKI bottom credit to me
    [url=http://img521.imageshack.us/im]http://img521.imageshack.us/im[/url][/signature]

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I just...sometimes I really,really hate love. You can fall head over heels for someone who doesn't even care or even someone who likes your friend(that's happened a few times)! It's ridiculous! How can any two people possibly both feel the same kind of love towards each other at the same time?! I may not be the pretties girl on the world, but I still think I deserve some love from somebody! I'm sick of guys telling me they only think of me as a friend or that we have a "sister/brother kind of relationship!" That's ridiculous! You don't flirt with someone you think of as a friend or sisterly! It's not friendly or sisterly when you make jokes about us dating and *cough* those kind *cough* of jokes about us! If you don't like someone, you don't do those things! You don't compliment her everyday, remember everything she says, sing to her, stare at her when you think she's not looking, tell her everything about you, get jealous about other guys hanging out with her, hold door open for her, show off in front of her, tell her you like her voice, turn into a babbling idiot in front of her, say you love her favorite band when you've only heard the name once before(none of their music!), make her laugh, apologize every times you think he's bored of you/hurt, hug her, show her embarrassing pictures of yourself, open up to her like a book, sit next to her everyday, go over to where she is every day when you two are on opposite sides of the room, stare into her eyes for forever when ever you speak to her, text her for 5 hours straight one night then 3 hours straight the next night, or make her fall in love with you!

You can't just tell me you didn't mean to do all those things! You did! And you're playing with my emotions! I don't want to hear about how much you wanted your ex! Or about how beautiful or amazing your latest ex is! Don't you understand?! I just professed that i like you, and, only two days later, you talking about how much you wanted her! It's driving me crazy, because you don't want me! You could never want me as you wanted them! And now I have to pretend care and be okay, when you keep me up every night listening to sad songs and watching sad movies and crying, because I'm just not as good as either of them! You keep me up writing sad songs that you'll never hear, because I'm supposed to be okay with just being friends and never anything more. I'm not okay with that. I never will be. You can't just take these last 3 months, throw it away, and call it a mistake! It wasn't a mistake to me! It was beautiful and amazing! How can you call it that?! It's nice to know everything you did that finally made me feel beautiful and worth something was just a big mistake that never should have happened. Thank you so much for that. Really, thank you for taking the last ounce of hope I had left for being loved and throwing it away like yesterday's news. Thank you for taking my blind optimism and throwing it back in my face. I guess I was just one big mistake to you. That's so nice to know now.

So yeah...I will be there for you like you hope me to be, but you can't understand why you can never be there for me.

Okay. I'm done now. I'm off to go eat some ice cream. And listen to Dear John for the next few hours.

By FearlesslyEnchanted

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Well it's not exactly anger but I really liked someone for about 2 years,almost 3 years and I never talked to this person but I did have them for 2 classes and I knew he liked me too because he stared at me a lot and at one point I freaked out because if we were to be in a big room or across the field I would turn around and without even knowing he was looking.We would make eye contact,it was really interesting.It must of been some type of connection but then about a week or two before we graduated high school I confessed to him that I liked him and asked to take a picture but that was pretty much it.This was about a year ago...
    Swiftie For Life!

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I'm not trying to complain about my "romantic" life, but I want to know if anyone else has been through what I've been through.

Okay, so I have this friend who is not really into boys yet. Sometimes, I just want to hang out with guy friends, but she's usually really mean to them and makes them go away. But, you know, sometimes I just want to hang out with them, even if I don't have a crush on them. She's also really sarcastic and tells people that I have a crush so-and-so. But she uses sarcasm so much that people believe her!

I tend to fall for the popular boys. But I'm kind of that weird misfit who dances randomly in public, and I wish I could talk to my crush and get to know him better, but it's like we're in two seperate worlds. :(

Signature made by Music 21!

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

CoconutCoffee08 wrote:
    I just...sometimes I really,really hate love. You can fall head over heels for someone who doesn't even care or even someone who likes your friend(that's happened a few times)! It's ridiculous! How can any two people possibly both feel the same kind of love towards each other at the same time?! I may not be the pretties girl on the world, but I still think I deserve some love from somebody! I'm sick of guys telling me they only think of me as a friend or that we have a "sister/brother kind of relationship!" That's ridiculous! You don't flirt with someone you think of as a friend or sisterly! It's not friendly or sisterly when you make jokes about us dating and *cough* those kind *cough* of jokes about us! If you don't like someone, you don't do those things! You don't compliment her everyday, remember everything she says, sing to her, stare at her when you think she's not looking, tell her everything about you, get jealous about other guys hanging out with her, hold door open for her, show off in front of her, tell her you like her voice, turn into a babbling idiot in front of her, say you love her favorite band when you've only heard the name once before(none of their music!), make her laugh, apologize every times you think he's bored of you/hurt, hug her, show her embarrassing pictures of yourself, open up to her like a book, sit next to her everyday, go over to where she is every day when you two are on opposite sides of the room, stare into her eyes for forever when ever you speak to her, text her for 5 hours straight one night then 3 hours straight the next night, or make her fall in love with you!

You can't just tell me you didn't mean to do all those things! You did! And you're playing with my emotions! I don't want to hear about how much you wanted your ex! Or about how beautiful or amazing your latest ex is! Don't you understand?! I just professed that i like you, and, only two days later, you talking about how much you wanted her! It's driving me crazy, because you don't want me! You could never want me as you wanted them! And now I have to pretend care and be okay, when you keep me up every night listening to sad songs and watching sad movies and crying, because I'm just not as good as either of them! You keep me up writing sad songs that you'll never hear, because I'm supposed to be okay with just being friends and never anything more. I'm not okay with that. I never will be. You can't just take these last 3 months, throw it away, and call it a mistake! It wasn't a mistake to me! It was beautiful and amazing! How can you call it that?! It's nice to know everything you did that finally made me feel beautiful and worth something was just a big mistake that never should have happened. Thank you so much for that. Really, thank you for taking the last ounce of hope I had left for being loved and throwing it away like yesterday's news. Thank you for taking my blind optimism and throwing it back in my face. I guess I was just one big mistake to you. That's so nice to know now.

So yeah...I will be there for you like you hope me to be, but you can't understand why you can never be there for me.

Okay. I'm done now. I'm off to go eat some ice cream. And listen to Dear John for the next few hours.

By FearlesslyEnchanted

Uh...have an internet hug. hug

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Alkanshel wrote:
    CoconutCoffee08 wrote:

By FearlesslyEnchanted

Uh...have an internet hug. hug

By FearlesslyEnchanted

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Swift_05 wrote:
    Well it's not exactly anger but I really liked someone for about 2 years,almost 3 years and I never talked to this person but I did have them for 2 classes and I knew he liked me too because he stared at me a lot and at one point I freaked out because if we were to be in a big room or across the field I would turn around and without even knowing he was looking.We would make eye contact,it was really interesting.It must of been some type of connection but then about a week or two before we graduated high school I confessed to him that I liked him and asked to take a picture but that was pretty much it.This was about a year ago...
    Swiftie For Life!

Yeah, I learned the hard way not to wait too long to confess my feelings to someone. Last week of high school, I was senior she was going to be a junior, asked her out, but she said that she was going to be out of the country all summer. BUT she said she would like to get together after she came back. But she came back and fell in love with this guy. Two years later they are still together, so I guess I should be happy for them?

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM

my turn

ok so there is this girl who is a cashier at this shoprite, I go to shoprite about once a week and I ALWAYS go the aisle where she is the cashier and we chat. I make it so obvious I like her it's not even funny, I sometimes go to shoprite and buy food I don't need just so I can talk to her. I feel like one day I should just shout "GO OUT WITH ME" and just see what happens
    Read the next installment of "The Year of the Swift"
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor-news/435382/page/3

Credit for the graphic goes to the talented Brooke

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

#13Swifty wrote:
    my turn

ok so there is this girl who is a cashier at this shoprite, I go to shoprite about once a week and I ALWAYS go the aisle where she is the cashier and we chat. I make it so obvious I like her it's not even funny, I sometimes go to shoprite and buy food I don't need just so I can talk to her. I feel like one day I should just shout "GO OUT WITH ME" and just see what happens
    Read the next installment of "The Year of the Swift"
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor-news/435382/page/3

Credit for the graphic goes to the talented Brooke

Don't let her get away, ask her out. She might find it romantic that you go there just to see her...or creepy, but don't think about that part.

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

singlovetaylor13 wrote:

exactly! same here! :)

Made by the wonderful Songbird13

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Okay, so here goes...To all you swifties who have read my songs, you might know that about half of them are about the same person.

So in 2009 I met this guy at youth group. I admit it. I thought he was cute. Then I see him again two days later at this volunteer thing. My mom home-schools me now, so I found out he was a homeschooler too. Instantly we clicked. We talked a lot and I found out he was just like me except into computer stuff, but other than that we had identical families, lives, interests, everything. So we became really close friends and as we got closer, I started seeing him and another close guy friend like my brothers.
    By then we were seeing each other every other day and spending a LOT of time together. We started a band, so I would be over at his house a LOT. He was the first person I ever showed my songs to. He would say what an amazing writer I was and when I would say I wasn't very good at something he would either say I was really good or he would say he wasn't either so I shouldn't feel bad. My friends thought we were going out. My mom who knew we weren't was always asking me "Are you sure you guys are just friends?" or "Are you sure you don't like each other?" And I was always like "No, he's like my brother." I loved what we had then and didn't want to ruin it. I thought that when we got into highschool, he would ask me out. I mean we had those pauses in our conversation when I thought he was going to ask me out or he would be about to say something, but would stop himself. Then, I got sick, and he came to see me in the hospital, but my life had changed, so we couldn't have our band anymore. Then he got busy and started talking about going to this school. And I told him that I didn't want him to. I practically told him I liked him. So he said he would think about it and that he probably wouldn't go.
    Then summer came and we both got REALLY busy and didn't see each other pretty much the whole summer. I thought that when fall came, we would get back together and maybe go out. But then his mom called my mom about something and later, when she hung up she was like"Did you know he's going to that school?" My whole daydream world crashed down. It was horrible. Now I don't ever see him. Ever. And when I do, he's changed so much. Seriously, we watched one of our friends "leave" and never really return and we swore we wouldn't go down that road, but he's now gone down that road.

I THOUGHT HE LIKED ME!! AND I loved him. And I feel like an idiot for thinking that. Cause I know now that maybe he didn't mean for me to feel that way. But I did and he broke my heart.

I know this is really long, but IT HURTS!!! I'm going to go write another song about him...

[url=http://img521.imageshack.us/im]http://img521.imageshack.us/im[/url][/signature]

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I hate it when I get into the "friendzone" with a girl ironically around the time when I start to develop feelings for her!!!

and also I hate it when girls (i'll admit a lot of guys do this too) that at the end of the day, they say they want a nice guy, but whenever a nice guy comes along they prefer to be with a jerk, because they're excuse is "because he's hot"
    and at the end of the day they complain, and complain that there's not a good guy in the world, when they're really right in front of them.
    And I know I rant about girls doing it and please don't get offended because a lot of you are girls... And I admit guys do this a LOT... But this is just my situation

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Oh boy, I would post...but it would take up so much time and i doubt anyone would read it or respond. I'll just make a youtube video or something as a response.

[i

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

My romantic life: 0 out of 5 stars. YAY!
    ______

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

AMY!!! YOU ARE AMAZING AND YOU DON'T EVEN NEED HIM IF HE'S GOING TO BREAK HIS PROMISES!!

You go and you write that song, girl!!!

By FearlesslyEnchanted

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I hate that when I get a long really well with the guy I like and find that he's gay. That's happen a good 5 or 6 times. -__-

I love you baby girl...
    ♥ 1996-2012♥

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

swiftiesunite wrote:
    I hate it when I get into the "friendzone" with a girl ironically around the time when I start to develop feelings for her!!!

and also I hate it when girls (i'll admit a lot of guys do this too) that at the end of the day, they say they want a nice guy, but whenever a nice guy comes along they prefer to be with a jerk, because they're excuse is "because he's hot"
    and at the end of the day they complain, and complain that there's not a good guy in the world, when they're really right in front of them.
    And I know I rant about girls doing it and please don't get offended because a lot of you are girls... And I admit guys do this a LOT... But this is just my situation

By FearlesslyEnchanted

Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Aww, thanks Liz!! Okay, so today I actually wrote a happy song for once!! It's on my thread...

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.