1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

TAYLOR CRAFTS!

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hey, so I don't know if this should go under here, but it seemed like the best fit. Does anyone have any ideas about Taylor crafts? It doesn't necessarily have to have her on it, but like something with her lyrics. The internet doesn't seem to understand me when I type in 'taylor swift related crafts'. All it brings up are her snow globes, which I already know about. :-)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: TAYLOR CRAFTS!

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

idk if this counts but i made a scrapbook of my 2 speak now concerts :)
    ----------------------------------

credit: TheThirteenthFan/ animated by Swiftastic13
    avitar: LoveIsEndless

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM

You could buy letter wall stickers and make Taylors lyrics out of them.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

Signature by: Cerulean | Avatar by: Heather

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I have recently wanted to make mini clay Taylor Swifts. A girl at my school made a bunch for the girls at school, and made a Taylor Swift one for me, because she knew I love her. Next time I go to Michaels, I want to look for clay!

And I agree with you kind of, I'd like to do more like Taylor crafts too! I'm going to maybe start a scrapbook with Taylor Swift pictures in it too. We actually planned on making a scrapbook about our trip to Edmonton for a Speak Now concert.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I made a Junior Jewels shirt. Does that count?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Credits: Signatures:

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I've made a Junior Jewels T-shirt too. I love it :-)

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    I have recently wanted to make mini clay Taylor Swifts. A girl at my school made a bunch for the girls at school, and made a Taylor Swift one for me, because she knew I love her. Next time I go to Michaels, I want to look for clay!

And I agree with you kind of, I'd like to do more like Taylor crafts too! I'm going to maybe start a scrapbook with Taylor Swift pictures in it too. We actually planned on making a scrapbook about our trip to Edmonton for a Speak Now concert.

can you post a picture of the clay taylor swift? :)

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 7:43 PM

someone on the old TC had posted a picture of bookmarks they had made. The basically just took card stock and then printed out a full song's lyrics and put it on..they might have added glitter or something I'm not sure. But it looked good.
    Some people on ebay have made canvas' with song lyrics..you could just paint a swirly background or anything you want and then do song lyrics or anything if you wanted to just have something hanging instead of totally writing on your wall or those sticky things.
    My sister made my a photo shop thing of the never change quote. It's a nice purpleish blueish white background and then the quote in all different letters and sizing and that and it's in a picture frame.
    I also have a picture frame clock with different photos of her.
    the craft store has tons of stuff. Make your own picture frame..you could paint it and like..mod podge quotes on..when I was a kid we even mod podge garbage cans..we used buckets and put old fabric pieces on to match our room..you can podge so much! They've done chairs with it with words I saw on a show so you could do like..pictures and words or..

okay I could go crazy with ideas lol

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM

TSlovelovelove13 wrote:
    TaylorSwiftFan wrote:

I'm sorry, I lost it in my room. But if I find it I will post it. But I might try to make some clay Taylor Swifts too, so I might post them if I ever get around to it. :)

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I'm a fairly creative person, so I have a few ideas...

1. Scrapbooking - I haven't done this in AGES, but you can get really nice scrapbooks and accessories such as paper, fancy scissors, pretty pens, stickers, frames, and accents from your local craft store. Then, pick a theme for the scrapbook... Concert photos from a show you went to? Your favourite photoshoot? Award shows that Taylor has attended? Once you've chosen all of your pictures, have them printed on photo paper (you can do this at home if you have a photo printer, if not it's cheap to go to a store and have them printed on normal size paper!) - The just get creative and do whatever you like. If you scrapbook a concert, you can add in your ticket, as well as any confetti or you took from the show, etc.

2. Jewellery... As someone else mentioned, there is the Wonderstruck Charm Bracelet, but that's not your only option! I made a guitar pick jewellery set. If you can get your hands on an original issue set of the holographic guitar picks, they have a pre-cut hole in each pick. If you can't find them, recent issues of the holographic picks, or the Speak Now picks can work too - but you'll have to make your own holes through these. (I've previously made holes in guitar picks by pushing a push-pin through them, but I think it's recommended on other craft sites that you use a drill with a small "bit" attachment. But either way, you get everything else you need from a craft store (chains, loops to attach the picks to the chain, and fastenings) from a craft store, or you can get the bracelet from a jewellery store and just buy the loops...)

3. Something random that I like to do - not a "real" craft though - is go through old magazines before I throw them away, and cut out random words that are in pretty writing fonts. Then, I put words together that make up Taylor lyrics (or headings that are Taylor lyrics) and stick them in between Taylor posters on my wall. I have phrases like "You're beautiful", "This Night Is Flawless", "Things Change", etc. around my room. I think it's quite inspiring.

4. If you're into sewing or knitting, make yourself a cushion cover! I actually started working on a Hannah Montana one for a school project when I was around 14, but we only had to make the front half of the cushion, so of course I never actually finished the design. :( But I think if you had the patience to finish off cushions (or even your own blankets, etc.) they'd look amazing! :)

5. I saw someone on here post a photo of their daughter's bedroom that had a wall mural of a tree (painted there when the girl was younger), and they had transformed it into a Mine video tree. BUT you don't have to have the tree to be creative like that. I actually had things hanging from the ceiling in a similar way when I was younger. Just get pieces of yarn and hang them from the ceiling, and there's a couple different ways you can attach photos or whatever - When I did mine, I stuck two photos back to back (and every so many lots of photos down, I had two back to back CDs with the shiny sides facing out) - and then I hole punched the photos at the top and bottom, and had my dad drill through the CDs at the top and bottom - and then I hung them down off a double curtain rod (so my curtains closed over the hanging photos at night.

6. paintings - I used to love playing with cheap canvas and cheap paint when I was younger, just aimlessly painting colours and then adding lyrics in black, over the top! SO much fun
    -------------

Jess || Eighteen || Australia
    Swiftie since '08, and proud.

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Good ideas! I have made a Wonderstruck bracelet and i just want to warn everyone that it might break apart if the charms get caught on certain things. They do sell it in stores with wonderstruck but i prefer a homemade one cause it cost less and you can make it fit your wrist
    -----------
    I lovelovelove you all and i hope you know that.
    Follow me on instagram-FearlessFlawless13
    I was FEARLESS 4.29.09 and i SPOKE NOW on 10.29.12
    If you have time read my Sn storyhttp://taylorswift.com/forum/past-and-future-tours/420652#post_7

Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Wow you guys sure have a lot of interesting ideas! Could you post your pictures please?

I make scrapbooks sometimes, I go through all Taylor related articles from magazine and cut it out and stick it randomly. And I paint Taylor too sometimes (fail) or drawing her chibi version. I have no base on drawing so it's not that good sometimes.

I'm planning on making a bracelet and necklace with beads that will spell 'TAYLOR SWIFT'. Or maybe a fabric Taylor doll with cotton stuffed inside or her bookmark. I kinda love DIY, especially when it's cheap and if I have time.

Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Here are pictures of some of my crafts

My collages

The wonderstruck bracelet that i made

I also like painting flowerpots for Taylor and the agency but i never got it to them

-----------
    I lovelovelove you all and i hope you know that.
    Follow me on instagram-FearlessFlawless13
    I was FEARLESS 4.29.09 and i SPOKE NOW on 10.29.12
    If you have time read my Sn storyhttp://taylorswift.com/forum/past-and-future-tours/420652#post_7

Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:42 AM

TaylorSwiftFan wrote:
    TSlovelovelove13 wrote:
    TaylorSwiftFan wrote:

I'm sorry, I lost it in my room. But if I find it I will post it. But I might try to make some clay Taylor Swifts too, so I might post them if I ever get around to it. :)

ok thank you :)

Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I like to make collages of the concerts I've been to. I take a picture frame then take a solid color paper. Then I glue pictures I took at the concert, along with confetti. Hope this helps!

Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I don't know if this would count, but my next door neighbor and I love to take all of us swifty's inside jokes with taylor
    EX- pegicorn, paul the princess, lines from Thug Story etc. After we collect enough, we'll print them off with cool fonts and colors and glue them to a poster board.
    Next we add glitter and pictures!:)

Hope I helped? :)

Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

there's her Junior Jewels shirt.
    (Signature)
    Hi im sydneyknight13.
    I am a singer-songwriter who plays the guitar. My dream is so become a sucsessful country singer. Just like Taylor Swift. :) My lucky number is 13. Fav TV show is Victorious. Twitter username: @sydneyknight13

Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I’m always interested in doing some sort of a Taylor craft or art project and always looking for ideas. The only problem is I’m not the most artistic person on the planet!

I have a printer here that can print lithos and posters and I keep wanting to put it to use on some sort of a Taylor project. I just need big high res photos to get them to print at larger sizes like 12x18 inches. Those are kind of hard to come by, but I figure instead I could make a collage of smaller photos and put them together into one larger one. That would be like my way of scapbooking.

I posted this on the old TC. I carved some Taylor pumpkins at Halloween. It’s the only project I’ve done so far. I’m going to make templates later this year of different patterns to carve into pumpkins for everyone to try. But I was just thinking that these could be carved into clay too.

Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Last Summer I decided to collage the old trunk I use as a coffee table. It looks really bumpy in the picture but now that its a few months old it looks a lot better! I eventually want to do the sides of it too...
    before:
    after:

RE: TAYLOR CRAFTS!

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I really want to make a Taylor doll out of fabric. If you are handy with sewing, it would be a cool project to try. :) I'm thinking about using yellow yarn for her hair or something like that & make a sparkly dress out of material to put on her. Just an idea! Once I get the money together to buy supplies I definitely want to do something like that.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -