Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: CD Collections :)

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Niles wrote:
    No its not fake. Its a uk acetate promo :)

That's what I thought too..........that was a single over there

I was RED 8/10/13!!!!!

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: CD Collections :)

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I have a question, was the teardrops on my guitar a cardboard promo or a jewel case cause I bought mine on eBay thinking it was a cardboard one but when it turned up it was in a jewel case. It came from Holland and I can't tell whether its real or not :/

Wednesday 30th March 2011

Monday 10th February 2014

RE: Re: CD Collections :)

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Micaaa13 wrote:
    I have a question, was the teardrops on my guitar a cardboard promo or a jewel case cause I bought mine on eBay thinking it was a cardboard one but when it turned up it was in a jewel case. It came from Holland and I can't tell whether its real or not :/

If it's in a slimline jewel case like all the love story singles then it's real the cardboard sleeve was the promo sent to UK radio stations, the jewel case one was mainland Europe - that's the ONE fearless single missing from my collection too haha

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 10:43 AM

LiamC1234 wrote:
    Micaaa13 wrote:

If it's in a slimline jewel case like all the love story singles then it's real the cardboard sleeve was the promo sent to UK radio stations, the jewel case one was mainland Europe - that's the ONE fearless single missing from my collection too haha

Ah yes phew it is in a slimline jewel case I just got worried because on the description it said it was the uk promo, it was really cheap as well it was only £40 with shipping. I've been watching a few for ages and this one was only put up for 2 days.

RE: CD Collections :)

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Niles wrote:

I don't know what an "acetate promo" is

I'll politely ask the seller for more pictures (A)
    Beauty is truth, truth is beauty.

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM

C_Rose_Swiftly wrote:
    Niles wrote:

Ahh sorry, I'm just really cautious of "acetate promos" - it's basically a way of saying that they're not professionally printed - which means they are extremely easy to fake. The only ones I'd trust are the 4 cardsleeve ones from Fearless, but that's just me

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM

^Okay. Thanks. :0

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Micaaa13 wrote:
    LiamC1234 wrote:
    Micaaa13 wrote:

Ah yes phew it is in a slimline jewel case I just got worried because on the description it said it was the uk promo, it was really cheap as well it was only £40 with shipping. I've been watching a few for ages and this one was only put up for 2 days.

Not excatly the jewelcase one is a promo.too not a normal single. The cardboard one is a uk promo and the jewelcase an eu promo

[/signature]

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM

LiamC1234 wrote:
    C_Rose_Swiftly wrote:
    Niles wrote:

Im a cd collector since 1999, back in the days promo cds were pressed. The newer ones are mostly acetate promo cds ;)on the back you have informations about the promo and productions . And sites like eil.com list only real ones. It will be the future

Ahh sorry, I'm just really cautious of "acetate promos" - it's basically a way of saying that they're not professionally printed - which means they are extremely easy to fake. The only ones I'd trust are the 4 cardsleeve ones from Fearless, but that's just me

Back in the days all promo cds was pressed on a silver cd. Im a collactor since 1999. But since a few years its easier for the industry to produce acetate promo cds on a cd-r , dont forget the newer usdj are all cdr. Not a silver cd. It will be the future. On the backside you can see the information about the industry and date. You can check it on eil.com, too. The sweeter than fiction promo is also an cdr ^^

[/signature]

Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:18 AM

I just bought the numbered Sparks Fly single

Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:33 AM

C_Rose_Swiftly wrote:
    I just bought the numbered Sparks Fly single

wow congrats !! love the sparks fly cd
    [/signature]

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM

This came in the mail today

RED Deluxe Taiwan

and Argentina
    Red , Red Deluxe and Speak Now.. Fearless is on the way... somewhere...

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM

That's awesome!

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I'm eying off the 5 singles from RED on ebay..

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 2:28 AM

colours fade wrote:
    I'm eying off the 5 singles from RED on ebay..

250$ from ekaraoke?
    I bought mine from different ebayer and payed about 150.-

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Yeah, haven't got paid yet..

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:47 AM

try to find them from different ebayer cause he is always overpriced

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I hope you can help me with the fearless japan editions...
    o ordred on cede.ch (I usually use this store for cds)

2 fearless japan editions (not platinum)
    1. Swift Taylor - ---/Fearless (+ Bonus) - (Japan Edition)
    2. Swift Taylor - Fearless (+ Bonus) - (Japan Edition)

the price was not the same

the lady at the helpdesk said
    the first one is a fearless AND self titled Edition with Bonus (includes both CD)
    and the second is a fearless with bonus

but there is also the fearless SMH (I own this)

fearless platinum is sold out

does anybody know something about this cds?
    especially the 2 cd edition? I know its not a fake but ive never seen this before...

Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Can you link me to the Fearless and Self Titled Edition please? :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.