Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fan Club

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I would really love to be a Taylor Swift fan club member. Seems that a lot of artists have one and I'd buy a membership the second it was announced.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Fan Club

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM

i kind of look at TC as a fan club but since we dont pay we dont have t shirts or bracelets. i would buy a membership though :)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM

TSlovelovelove13 wrote:
    i kind of look at TC as a fan club but since we dont pay we dont have t shirts or bracelets. i would buy a membership though :)

Yeah it's true!
    I don't think Taylor is all about the money though like some people are so that's probably part of why there is no paid fan club

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I would totally buy a membership! But its been said before that Taylor wants it to be fair, so no buying meet & greets and stuff. I hope this doesnt change. TC is a fan club!

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I understand and that really makes sense. I've read a few posts about meet and greets and such and I am not really a stand out type of person.That is why I would honestly pay a lot for a VIP package with Taylor. I would pay any price to meet her.

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM

That's where the issue happens though. I believe that meet and greets are what the artists give back to their fans for buying the album, defending them, and just overall support.
    For an artist to go, hey, give me an additional $500 and you can have the honour of meeting me - on top of everything else. I just don't like that idea.
    Hence why I like Taylor so much!

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I would like a cool membership site that you have to buy, but I love how Taylor's site is free. Unlike celebrities who need more money (example, Miley Cyrus & Selena Gomez).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BOB THAT HEAD ~ 3.28.08

FEARLESS ~ 7.11.09

SPEAK NOW ~ 8.19.11

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Aussiee13 wrote:
    That's where the issue happens though. I believe that meet and greets are what the artists give back to their fans for buying the album, defending them, and just overall support.
    For an artist to go, hey, give me an additional $500 and you can have the honour of meeting me - on top of everything else. I just don't like that idea.

yeah i completly agree :) but i think it would be cool to have a membership where you get like a t shirt and a letter or whatever and you get access to exclusive things. i mean it doesnt have to be expensive. and trust me i LOVE having a free fan site :)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I will just keep hoping.. My day to meet her will come!

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Aussiee13 wrote:

Taylor is changing how popular artists/performers are being looked too. There were also issues of stars hugging a payed person on every concert just so you know.. look like hugging fans. Taylor is really different, she's the very very first singer I love so much like so much! They say it's fandom, I say it's love.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Taylor Alison Swift~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is like walking, you take one step at a time."

Speak Now = 02.19.11

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:54 AM

SparksFly_1628 wrote:
    Aussiee13 wrote:

Taylor is changing how popular artists/performers are being looked too. There were also issues of stars hugging a payed person on every concert just so you know.. look like hugging fans. Taylor is really different, she's the very very first singer I love so much like so much! They say it's fandom, I say it's love.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Taylor Alison Swift~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is like walking, you take one step at a time."

Speak Now = 02.19.11

Amen to all of that ! I love taylor for being her, and that means she is always super friendly and nice. She wants to give something away for free. Ofc you can buy tshirts and stuff... That is normal. I kinda love how you can't but a ticket to meet her. It makes everything even more magical :)

- In the real world, if you have something about yourself that's different, you're lucky. It's not a curse. -

- 03/06/2011

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM

TSlovelovelove13 wrote:

yeah i agree, its kind of nice not having to pay a membership fee or anything
    because tc is really good

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Swifty11 wrote:
    I understand and that really makes sense. I've read a few posts about meet and greets and such and I am not really a stand out type of person.That is why I would honestly pay a lot for a VIP package with Taylor. I would pay any price to meet her.

As someone who honestly has no chance at ever meeting her due to my extreme social phobia, disabilities, & life situations in general, I would pay to meet her. If it was an option, it would be my only chance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know I still got a shot in the dark!"

RE: Fan Club

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Even having a little card that said TC Swiftie with your name on it would be cool :P

Thanks to Ours13 for the beautiful graphic!

RE: Re: Fan Club

Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Username wrote:
    Swifty11 wrote:

As someone who honestly has no chance at ever meeting her due to my extreme social phobia, disabilities, & life situations in general, I would pay to meet her. If it was an option, it would be my only chance.

I agree. I know it'll never happen for me and I'll never meet her by luck, so I'd really want to pay to meet her.

RE: Fan Club

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I'm not a fan of paid-membership things. Like others have said Taylor is not all about the money. I feel like paying for memberships pushes people away. I like the idea of exclusive member stuff, but I think those should be for contests or like a lottery .

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Did you see Taylor swift perform on New Years Eve. She so awesome.

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM

with Taylor's fan base it would not be a good idea, everyone would join and be heartbroken that they paid and didn't get a meet and greet. people on the carrie forum have been fans for years and never won a meet and greet.

Its not right to pay to meet stars, Lady Gaga charges about 1000 dollars as does Rihanna
    its terrible as clearly they have more money than us and can afford to charge us.

Taylor is great for sticking by this, even though its hard to meet her, it will still be just as hard if she charged as wouldn't be may passes and scalpers would get them all

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Its true ,I am 100% agree with u

made by me

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Hey! Check out my cover of Highway Don't Care by Taylor and Tim McGraw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DITHubcBzAA

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM

We are the Swift Givers. Two girls who are working to help Swifties worldwide. Some people don't have the money, or opportunities to go see their idol (Taylor Swift) in concert, or get merchandise... and that's where Swift Givers come in. We are a charity to help raise money, to get merchandise, and RED tour tickets to give out to Swifties who want nothing more than to own a poster, or see their idol performing. Money shouldn't be the limit to a dream. Everyone deserves a CD, poster, t-shirt, or even a concert ticket! We are here to help. To us, our dream, is YOURS. We can't wait to make some dreams come true

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.