1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Warning on fake autographed items on EBay

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Public naming & shaming:

EBay username - hellobyebye91:

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/hellobyebye91/&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2754

I do this as a community announcement, so that others don't get burnt.

I bought a signed CD from him a few months ago, I was suspicious but had no proof. I have just gotten the CD authenticated by an overseas service & they have confirmed my suspicions - the autograph is indeed fake.

I have contacts in Malaysia that made my suspicions even more so worrying.

Buy at your own risk - the usual caveat emptor applies.

Mods - I would ask that you allow this thread to stay - by removing it, you are allowing this sleazy individual to continue peddling his faked items and ripping off Taylor's fans. I believe I am well within my legal rights to name and shame this shady individual - defamation doesn't apply here since I am simply making a truthful statement.

Many will know that I have been a relatively long standing member of the TC community, and have both publicly and privately offered my advice and help with collecting Taylor Swift CDs, both within various threads, and via various PMs.

Cheers,

Dave

edit: I bought the item direct from the seller, so I do not think Paypal will cover me. And to be honest, I'd rather just forgot about this and move on. But not before warning my fellow Taylor Swift fans and friends on TC.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Warning on fake autographed items on EBay

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

thank youfor posting :)

^SparklyFearlessGirl13^

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM

omygosh thanks for posting!
    Boo! I love you (: haha! xoxo

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Oh wow Thanks for sharing this!!

^ My second one, and I'm not normally the type to make stuff like this, so be proud - and please don't steal it ;3

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I'll add that I think that this is his new EBay account:

http://myworld.ebay.com/paulyow61

same surname, same location (Singapore), same modus operandi. I'm not 100% sure though.

My honest advice to collectors - stay away from autographed items - they are simply too easy to fake.

Dave

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Dave Pastern wrote:
    edit: I bought the item direct from the seller, so I do not think Paypal will cover me.

This is not entirely accurate. PayPal's Buyer Protection policy is broad and covers more than just purchases made on eBay. Provided a PayPal purchase meets the criteria listed in the policy, that purchase will be covered. In the event that PayPal does not cover your purchase (for example, if you attempt to file a claim after the stated deadline in the policy), buyers may still have other recourse, such as filing a chargeback claim with their credit card companies.

Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Hey! Thanks for posting that!
    The happiest people in life are not the people who have everything, but the people who make the MOST out of everything!

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yes, you are probably correct. I can't be bothered with Paypal though - I filed a claim 7 months ago and haven't heard back from the buggers, despite 2 followups...I have little faith in them, since they solely exist to make more profit for EBay.

Dave

bananabread wrote:
    Dave Pastern wrote:
    edit: I bought the item direct from the seller, so I do not think Paypal will cover me.

This is not entirely accurate. PayPal's Buyer Protection policy is broad and covers more than just purchases made on eBay. Provided a PayPal purchase meets the criteria listed in the policy, that purchase will be covered. In the event that PayPal does not cover your purchase (for example, if you attempt to file a claim after the stated deadline in the policy), buyers may still have other recourse, such as filing a chargeback claim with their credit card companies.

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Can we see a pic of the fake autograph Dave?

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 1:39 AM

13swiftie13ds wrote:

I think he never bought it at the end, did you? Dave?

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 2:37 AM

CherylSwift13 wrote:

No, he bought it

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Thank you, this is something all Swifties should pick up on.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 3:56 AM

13swiftie13ds wrote:
    CherylSwift13 wrote:

No, he bought it

oh gosh can we take a look at the autographed cd Dave?

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 6:03 AM

yes, I did buy it. You can see images of the CD on my Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidpastern/

Note: these images were taken by the EBay seller and they will be removed from my Flickr photostream due to potential copyright issues in the next 24 hours.

Dave

CherylSwift13 wrote:
    13swiftie13ds wrote:

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Dave Pastern wrote:
    yes, I did buy it. You can see images of the CD on my Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidpastern/

Note: these images were taken by the EBay seller and they will be removed from my Flickr photostream due to potential copyright issues in the next 24 hours.

Dave

CherylSwift13 wrote:
    13swiftie13ds wrote:

looks so legit

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I remember you saying about this, thanks for posting. I looked at his completed items and there is no way he would have that many autographed items. I've said before the only one on ebay i'd feel confident was real are the play.com signed slipcase seeing as you could not buy the slipcases without a signature and they come with the play.com proof I know those are all real but others i'd be suspicious about. I don't know how someone could do that? it's really mean.

He has fake signatures on really rare items too which is a shame

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:02 AM

which item was it?

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Thank you SO MUCH for posting! This really helps!!!
    My Boys

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Thanks for posting this and I'm sorry your got burned.

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:42 AM

99% of autographs on ebay are fakes, not just Taylor's. I saw one on there that looked nothing like Taylor's real signature and someone payed $200 for the signed picture. COA's can be easily faked and Taylor never has COA's with most of her stuff, so that right there is a clue the signature is fake too.

Only buy signed Taylor stuff from her store. Its the only real way to know you're buying a real autograph.
    Thank You Daya!

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I think it's good that you posted this! Buying from Ebay is super risky when it comes to autographed stuff. A majority of it is not legit. It's good to have a reminder on here so people know to be careful, because it would suck to pay a lot of money for something "autographed" by Taylor only to find out it's a fake.