Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

CD Collector Questions

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM

So I am fascinated by all of the CD collectors here on TC! You are all absolutely amazing! I wish I could have collections as great as yours, which brings me to my questions...
Is it too late to become a CD collector? I know if I start now my collections won't be as great as all of yours, but I always thought it would be a fun and cool hobby to have. I have a couple of CDs, but none that I would really consider rare.
If I did start collecting, would I be spending a lot of money? I understand that CDs are going to cost money and the rarer the CD, the higher the price, but am I really going to have to put a lot of money towards this? I don't want to start spending all this money and then stop my collection because I can't afford it anymore!
Do you have a price range you can give me for how much it costs to have a nice collection? I know this is extremely personal, so I don't really expect anyone to answer this!
How many CDs are actually out there? I'd love to know an estimate for about how may different versions/CDs there are! This is just for my curiosity, not so much for me considering the hobby!
Thank you all so much for reading this! :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: CD Collector Questions

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Gigi wrote:
    So I am fascinated by all of the CD collectors here on TC! You are all absolutely amazing! I wish I could have collections as great as yours, which brings me to my questions...
    Is it too late to become a CD collector? I know if I start now my collections won't be as great as all of yours, but I always thought it would be a fun and cool hobby to have. I have a couple of CDs, but none that I would really consider rare.

No it's never too late, I didn't start till about a year ago

Gigi wrote:
    If I did start collecting, would I be spending a lot of money? I understand that CDs are going to cost money and the rarer the CD, the higher the price, but am I really going to have to put a lot of money towards this? I don't want to start spending all this money and then stop my collection because I can't afford it anymore!

Well it depends how big of a collection you want..............just pick a collecting pace you can afford

Gigi wrote:
    Do you have a price range you can give me for how much it costs to have a nice collection? I know this is extremely personal, so I don't really expect anyone to answer this!

Well I've got of of the bigger ones on this site, and I've easily spent $1,500 on it

Gigi wrote:
    How many CDs are actually out there? I'd love to know an estimate for about how may different versions/CDs there are! This is just for my curiosity, not so much for me considering the hobby!

There's hundreds, but you don't' have to buy everything at once haha!!!!

Gigi wrote:

No problem, ask me a question anytime

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Its never too late to start. I have mostly the basic CD's, but some are rare now like the Self Titled Deluxe and Target Edition of Fearless. I also collect all the limited edition singles :)
    Thank You Daya!

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

13swiftie13ds wrote:
    Gigi wrote:

No it's never too late, I didn't start till about a year ago

Gigi wrote:

Well it depends how big of a collection you want..............just pick a collecting pace you can afford

Gigi wrote:

Well I've got of of the bigger ones on this site, and I've easily spent $1,500 on it

Gigi wrote:

There's hundreds, but you don't' have to buy everything at once haha!!!!

Gigi wrote:

No problem, ask me a question anytime

Thank you so much! You are such an amazing collector! It means so much that your responded to this! :)
    What do you think is a good collecting pace to begin with? I was thinking of starting with just making sure I had every original/deluxe edition of Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, and Red.

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:
    Its never too late to start. I have mostly the basic CD's, but some are rare now like the Self Titled Deluxe and Target Edition of Fearless. I also collect all the limited edition singles :)
    Thank You Daya!

Thank you so much! I love your collection of CDs! I'm hoping to start collecting those as well! Thank you so much! :)

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Gigi wrote:

Thank you so much! You are such an amazing collector! It means so much that your responded to this! :)
    What do you think is a good collecting pace to begin with? I was thinking of starting with just making sure I had every original/deluxe edition of Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, and Red.

Your welcome And yeah that's a good place to start. Which ones do you need to have all of them?

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

13swiftie13ds wrote:
    Gigi wrote:

Your welcome And yeah that's a good place to start. Which ones do you need to have all of them?

This is so embarrassing to say but I only have (I am missing my copy of the original Fearless, but at least its on my iTunes!):
    ~Taylor Swift (Without 3 enhanced tracks)
    ~Beautiful Eyes (Re-release)
    ~Speak Now (Purple)
    ~Speak Now World Tour Live CD + DVD

What I Need:
    ~Taylor Swift (With added three tracks)
    ~Fearless
    ~Fearless Platinum
    ~Speak Now Deluxe Edition
    ~Speak Now Word Tour Deluxe Edition

I honestly feel like such a horrible fan for not having these CDs!

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Gigi wrote:

This is so embarrassing to say but I only have (I am missing my copy of the original Fearless, but at least its on my iTunes!):
    ~Speak Now (Purple)

What I Need:
    ~Fearless
    ~Fearless Platinum

Ok well those aren't hard to find, either in the online store or a Target store if your in the US...........are you in the US?

And never say your a horrible fan, Taylor doesn't care how many cd's you have

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

13swiftie13ds wrote:
    Gigi wrote:

~Speak Now (Purple)

What I Need:
    ~Fearless
    ~Fearless Platinum

Ok well those aren't hard to find, either in the online store or a Target store if your in the US...........are you in the US?

And never say your a horrible fan, Taylor doesn't care how many cd's you have

Yes, I am! And thank you for saying that!
    I forgot to include I have the deluxe edition of Red, and I really want to buy the Zinepak! :)

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Is it too late to become a CD collector? It's never too late to start
    If I did start collecting, would I be spending a lot of money? I don't even want to know how much I've spent on my cd's and I don't even have that big of a collection.. like Dan's
    Do you have a price range you can give me for how much it costs to have a nice collection? hundreds
    How many CDs are actually out there? way too many for me to even begin to count so I've been told

I have only about 20/21 cds some are duplicates and deluxe versions etc. plus I have one coming in the mail soon

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Its never too late to collect!
    You would spend a little but collect it over time.
    The price range always changes, always look around for a while for a good deal.
    Alot with single cd's.
    ---

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Gigi wrote:

Yes, I am! And thank you for saying that!
    I forgot to include I have the deluxe edition of Red, and I really want to buy the Zinepak! :)

Cool, and even though the zinepak is a "limited edition" you can still buy it

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM

It is never too late to start i started by colecting cd singles I have almost eveery single out there
    Swiftie Forever!!

RE: CD Collector Questions

Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM

No its never to late to Start Collecting and dont think you are a bad fan if you dont have tons of stuff all Taylor Cares about is you supporting her and her music not how much stuff you buy but i can tell you Taylor collecting very addictive i have been collecting Taylor "everything" since 2006 and i still dont have as many CD's as Dan he and Dave and a few others have some amazing collections but I will tell you it is easier to collect if you focus on one thing I cant do that LOL if i see Taylor on it i have to have it LOL good luck starting you collection and mainly just love what you get and keep loving Taylor and you will have a great time collecting and if you have any questions or want to see different things ask and i sure someone on here will have it or know something about it!!

Signature by foreverandalways13

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Sharonhayes1974 wrote:
    It is never too late to start i started by colecting cd singles I have almost eveery single out there
    Swiftie Forever!!

That's so cool! :) Thank you for replying!

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:20 AM

wjlee1978 wrote:
    No its never to late to Start Collecting and dont think you are a bad fan if you dont have tons of stuff all Taylor Cares about is you supporting her and her music not how much stuff you buy but i can tell you Taylor collecting very addictive i have been collecting Taylor "everything" since 2006 and i still dont have as many CD's as Dan he and Dave and a few others have some amazing collections but I will tell you it is easier to collect if you focus on one thing I cant do that LOL if i see Taylor on it i have to have it LOL good luck starting you collection and mainly just love what you get and keep loving Taylor and you will have a great time collecting and if you have any questions or want to see different things ask and i sure someone on here will have it or know something about it!!

Signature by foreverandalways13

Thank you so much! :) That is my problem too. Whenever I see Taylor merchandise, I'm always like I want that!! I have to focus and start little by little and eventually I'll get there! Thank you so much for replying! :)

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Gigi wrote:

Thank you so much! :) That is my problem too. Whenever I see Taylor merchandise, I'm always like I want that!!

You too eh

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM

If you want the zinepack you need to get it ASAP! My friend wasn't able to find it at any of his Walmart's so he emailed the people that make zinepack and they said there aren't many left out there and what's in stores is all there is. People are already trying to sell them for double on eBay. My Walmart had about 30 of them last week, I went yesterday and there were only 3 left! Its also out of stock online, so call a bunch of Walmart's and ask instead of wasting your gas.
    Thank You Daya!

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:
    If you want the zinepack you need to get it ASAP! My friend wasn't able to find it at any of his Walmart's so he emailed the people that make zinepack and they said there aren't many left out there and what's in stores is all there is. People are already trying to sell them for double on eBay. My Walmart had about 30 of them last week, I went yesterday and there were only 3 left! Its also out of stock online, so call a bunch of Walmart's and ask instead of wasting your gas.

WOW, really.........I'm glad I bought my copies when I did

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM

13swiftie13ds wrote:
    FearlessDreamer09 wrote:

WOW, really.........I'm glad I bought my copies when I did

Yeah. Its selling fast with Christmas and people buying them for eBay. The zinepack people said there's now less then 250,000 of them out there. They don't have an exact count, but its around that. Which seems like a lot, but when you think about how many Walmart's in every state there are that isn't a lot. There are over 10,500 Walmart's in the U.S. and when you calculate in how many Zinepacks are left that leaves about 2 per store, but not every store has them. So some stores may have 10 left and 3 other stores close by might not have any. They are getting hard to find, so buy them up while you can :)
    Thank You Daya!

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

never too late i'm collecting Hilary Duff, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato and Taylor cd's. i don't have many but just have to keep looking for good deals =)
    Taylor Swift
    Montreal - July, 14th, 2011
    Up Coming!! -> July 19th & 20th 2013!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.