Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Plus size merch!

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM

LovaticSwiftie wrote:
    I have a very hard time trying to find shirts on the online store that fit me. I want to get shirts so bad, but everything is cut so small. Last year for Christmas I got the mine shirt in the biggest size they had, and it fit like a children's shirt on me! I was really upset after I tried it on because I felt like I could never fit into any Taylor shirts from the online store. Does anyone else have this problem or agree with this?
    ~ Dedicated Lovatic and Swiftie

The Mine shirt ran pretty small; I had the same problem when I first bought it. I've since lost 50 pounds though, and now it fits, but I think I have it in an XL and honestly it's not SUPER loose on me like the rest of my XL shirts ( and I now pretty much wear a medium).

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I noticed the Speak Now Tour shirts seemed to fit smaller then the Fearless Tour ones. I don't like the Gildan Softstyle shirts, they are made cheaper, not as nice material and run a little smaller.

They should sell plus sized shirts for fans that can't wear the other sizes :)
    Thank You Daya!

1. Ash avatar Ash

RE: Plus size merch!

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

i absolutely 100% agree. it's extremely frustrating that most of the shirts that are available in the store are girls sizes.
    ------------------------------------------

thanks proudukswiftie!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:03 AM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:
    I noticed the Speak Now Tour shirts seemed to fit smaller then the Fearless Tour ones. I don't like the Gildan Softstyle shirts, they are made cheaper, not as nice material and run a little smaller.

Thank You Daya!

Agreed! Some shirts offer an XXL size, but with the Gildan Soft Style shirts they are like junior's sizes and are very snug and thin material too.

How about some standard t-shirts with unisex sizing and styles with broader size ranges?

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:57 AM

SerenaNicole wrote:
    LovaticSwiftie wrote:
    I have a very hard time trying to find shirts on the online store that fit me. I want to get shirts so bad, but everything is cut so small. Last year for Christmas I got the mine shirt in the biggest size they had, and it fit like a children's shirt on me! I was really upset after I tried it on because I felt like I could never fit into any Taylor shirts from the online store. Does anyone else have this problem or agree with this?

The Mine shirt ran pretty small; I had the same problem when I first bought it. I've since lost 50 pounds though, and now it fits, but I think I have it in an XL and honestly it's not SUPER loose on me like the rest of my XL shirts ( and I now pretty much wear a medium).

Congrats to you sweetheart! I'm in the process of trying to loose weight right now! Maybe if I can loose that much, I can try and fit into the Speak Now shirts.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:05 AM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:

Thank You Daya!

The Mine shirt was the first one that I have ever gotten, so I didn't know that they ran so small. But it would be nice to have them in bigger sizes, maybe if it is only for the Speak Now ones.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Ash wrote:
    i absolutely 100% agree. it's extremely frustrating that most of the shirts that are available in the store are girls sizes.
    ------------------------------------------

thanks proudukswiftie!

And then there's the squirrel pj's. they only go up to a 14! There isn't even a plus size option! Not that I would get them anyway. Too much money.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:07 AM

PurpleFan wrote:
    FearlessDreamer09 wrote:

Thank You Daya!

Agreed! Some shirts offer an XXL size, but with the Gildan Soft Style shirts they are like junior's sizes and are very snug and thin material too.

How about some standard t-shirts with unisex sizing and styles with broader size ranges?

I agree with that! I always have to get unisex tees because I can't fit into a Juniors tee. It's hard to find any kind of Speak Now shirt that fits.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Yes! It makes me really upset that the Team Swift sweater comes in junior sizing. It's the one thing I absolutely want! I think bigger sizes would be great even if they were limited quantity.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Kimberly13 wrote:
    Yes! It makes me really upset that the Team Swift sweater comes in junior sizing. It's the one thing I absolutely want! I think bigger sizes would be great even if they were limited quantity.

I've never seen the Team Swift hoodie. I might want it now though! I'll have to look for it! I can't get most if the shirts because it's cut so small.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM

LovaticSwiftie wrote:
    FearlessDreamer09 wrote:

Thank You Daya!

The Mine shirt was the first one that I have ever gotten, so I didn't know that they ran so small. But it would be nice to have them in bigger sizes, maybe if it is only for the Speak Now ones.

When they used the regular Gildan shirts on the Fearless tour it was fine, but these softstyle ones are awful. I had to get mine all in a size medium for the Speak Now tour and I wear small in the regular gildan shirts. The Mine t-shirt was AWFUL, I had to buy 2 sizes bigger then I usually wear.
    Thank You Daya!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:49 AM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:
    LovaticSwiftie wrote:
    FearlessDreamer09 wrote:

Thank You Daya!

When they used the regular Gildan shirts on the Fearless tour it was fine, but these softstyle ones are awful. I had to get mine all in a size medium for the Speak Now tour and I wear small in the regular gildan shirts. The Mine t-shirt was AWFUL, I had to buy 2 sizes bigger then I usually wear.
    Thank You Daya!

The Mine tee on me was snug, so my mom made me send it back. They wouldn't even let me choose another one that I might have wanted. We just sent it back and got our money back. It wasn't until Red came out that I got my first Taylor shirt. And I got it from Wal Mart. It would be nice to own a SpeakNow shirt, but I doubt that's gonna happen. At least she doesn't charge extra for plus sizes like some artists do.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I hope someone that makes the merch or works for the store sees this. All Taylor fans should be able to get clothing merch :)
    Thank You Daya!

RE: Re: Plus size merch!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM

LovaticSwiftie wrote:
    Kimberly13 wrote:

I've never seen the Team Swift hoodie. I might want it now though! I'll have to look for it! I can't get most if the shirts because it's cut so small.

It's not in store anymore. Yeah there are some shirts that aren't cut small like the "i heart t-swift" one. I have that one and it's my favorite. I usually get the unisex shirts.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I'm not a plus size but I agree that they should be available, Swifties don't necessarily wear the same size clothing as Taylor!

As for the differing fits to the shirts, that annoys me so much! How hard can it be for sizing to be consistent?

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM

the fearless tour shirts ran SO BIG!! i accidentally got an xl and its a dress on me so i say order that fearless package with the shirt cd and tour book and get that shirt :) i love mine even though its giant xD

creds 2 madeofstarlight13 for the second graphic:)

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:
    I hope someone that makes the merch or works for the store sees this. All Taylor fans should be able to get clothing merch :)
    Thank You Daya!

Aw! Thanks sweetheart. I hope they do too. I know that they're Swifties out there that can't find anything and I want more than anything for all Swifties to be able to have shirts, jackets, etc. to wear.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Kimberly13 wrote:
    LovaticSwiftie wrote:
    Kimberly13 wrote:

It's not in store anymore. Yeah there are some shirts that aren't cut small like the "i heart t-swift" one. I have that one and it's my favorite. I usually get the unisex shirts.

Aw. :( I need more Taylor shirts. But there isn't many on the online store that fit me. I'm happy that you were able to find a shirt that you love!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Clueless wrote:
    I'm not a plus size but I agree that they should be available, Swifties don't necessarily wear the same size clothing as Taylor!

As for the differing fits to the shirts, that annoys me so much! How hard can it be for sizing to be consistent?

Thank you so much love! It's hard for me to find clothing at all that fits me, and I'm trying my best to loose weight, but it's hard. And Taylor is so skinny, and she's gorgeous, but not everybody is as skinny as her. If they only had a couple shirts each time an album came out in plus sizes, then that would make me happy.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The Tour shirts should fit plus size people i've seen the sizes they look like they can fit them. The XXL Sizes don't fit for like the mine shirt the graphic tees I should say. Hot Topic had the XXL Mine shirts i saw them maybe try that size if u haven't already. I haven't looked at the sizes i'll go look after i post this. XXL is a plus size but if they don't have those on the store for the graphic tee's they should
    Taylor Swift
    Montreal - July, 14th, 2011
    Up Coming!! -> July 19th & 20th 2013!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.