Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Disappointed :(

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I'm super sad right now :(
I live in Canada, and my family has a US mailing address, so I used to be able to buy stuff on the US store and get it shipped to the states, and just go to pick it up.
But now, every time I go to find the US store, it directs me right t the Canada store, and I'm not saying this isn't great for everyone, but it seems a little ridiculous that we can't even look at the American store! The merch in the Canadian store isn't that great, it's just the basics, not a lot of the 'special stuff'.
So I'm sad/disappointed that one problem (of there being no international store) can't be fixed, without creating another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw sparks fly, 9.1O.11.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Disappointed :(

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM

That sucks for sure, but I think all the int stores are works in progress right now.

I hope that makes you feel a little better

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars" (sig under construction, stay tuned)

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Have you checked other sites like Ebay or Amazon? They might have more of a selection.

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Aw, i'm so sorry! Maybr you could mail jordan? He can do something for you! Aand yeah it's so strange we can't even look at the american store:(

Will be remembered: Audriux3Accon
    Avi: TaylorSwiftFan

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Aw, i'm so sorry! Maybr you could mail jordan? He can do something for you! Aand yeah it's so strange we can't even look at the american store:(

Will be remembered: Audriux3Accon
    Avi: TaylorSwiftFan

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I'm in the exact same situation too, live in Canada close to the border and have a US mailing address, but you can still search and buy from the US store through amazon.com.

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

It really annoys me too, it would be nice to at least have the option to choose which store I was viewing. I manipulated a link to the US store earlier today and that wouldn't even load properly, it kept refreshing the page and not letting me see what was there because it knew I belonged in the UK.

I just took a look at the account information, I can't even see a place to amend my location details. If I move to Nashville, will I be subjected to the UK store forever?!

Hopefully this is just a temporary issue, a lot of work is taking place with the stores at the moment.

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Clueless wrote:
    It really annoys me too, it would be nice to at least have the option to choose which store I was viewing. I manipulated a link to the US store earlier today and that wouldn't even load properly, it kept refreshing the page and not letting me see what was there because it knew I belonged in the UK.

I just took a look at the account information, I can't even see a place to amend my location details. If I move to Nashville, will I be subjected to the UK store forever?!

Hopefully this is just a temporary issue, a lot of work is taking place with the stores at the moment.

I think the store probably uses your IP address to know which store to take you to. IP addresses are handed up by country so it's easy to look at it and say you're from this area. If you move to Nashville you'd be using a Nashville IP address.

I don't know this for sure but it's the main way to handle things like this.

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Yeah it will probably be a by IP adress. For those with this issue, the way to get around it (theoretically, i havent actually tried it myself) is to use a proxy. This redirects all your information through a different server in the US first, so the site thinks your from the US. Hot spot shield is a free one that i know of, but it does involve lots of ads and is really annoying. The issue with this is that ALL your information gets diverted. That includes your credit card info...
    _

Signature and Avatar by Me. Request here

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM

BrianC6234 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

I think the store probably uses your IP address to know which store to take you to. IP addresses are handed up by country so it's easy to look at it and say you're from this area. If you move to Nashville you'd be using a Nashville IP address.

I don't know this for sure but it's the main way to handle things like this.

Thanks Brian, that makes a lot of sense. I didn't realise IP addresses could work in that way (yeah, I don't know much about technology!)

It would still be nice to have an option to view the US store or any of the other stores, so if I were feeling generous and wanted to send a present to someone in the US I wouldn't have to pay extravagant postage!

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

They should do that. Let you buy something and send it to someone else in another country. Taylor has so many fans all over the world. At least her site should be able to do that. I hope things start improving on that problem. I don't understand the whole Canada problem though. Canada is right above the US. We even had NAFTA to deal with things like this. Will NAFTA ever get going?

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM

This really sucks. I'm getting sick of us Canadians not having the same rights as U.S. fans. We can't even look at the U.S. merch. All I can say is if we can't ever look at the stuff, we should get the exact same merch.

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM

At Least You HAVE A Store, Unlike Me -sigh=

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Does this mean the Canadian store is open you think?

Hopefully they'll have a drop down bar again soon like they used to have.

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

does that mean the Canadian store is finally open again?

I know what you mean because when I got Taylor stuff for christmas my mom tried to get it off the canadian store but it didnt work, so she had to use our friends us mailing address and buy from the US store. If it doesn't work that won't be very good!!! I hate how international store always have so much less than what the US store has. Plus canada is right above the states, can't we have the same stuff?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Taylor Swift is more than an obsession... it's a way of life!!!!
    "If your lucky enough to be different, don't ever change"

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM

That would be really frustrating. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

*made by glitterandsparklydresses

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Austenia wrote:
    Does this mean the Canadian store is open you think?

Hopefully they'll have a drop down bar again soon like they used to have.

I believe it is, when I click on Online Store the address switches to storeca or something, and there is a little Canada symbol. And I was thinking the same thing, I don't know why not. And why is the same merch not in all stores? It doesn't really make sense to me.

I saw sparks fly, 9.10.11

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I agree all of her products should be available in all international stores, I don't know why they're not.

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM

The reason the US has more stuff is because..... Taylor is from here! They have to have locations overseas to send products and they are based on the number of sales.

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I'm sorry :( That's super disappointing! Maybe try emailing Jordan about it? He might be able to help you out! Its kinda weird that you can't look at the US store, I feel like you should be able to do that at least.

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I'm in the same situation :/ I can't even look at the US store and it sends me to the Canadian store which barely has anything in it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Long Live July 15th 2011

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.