Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Oh Darling, Don't You Ever Grow Up! 10/28-10/29

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

So, I was supposed to go to Nashville/Franklin for my 18th birthday which was on October 27th. However, we had a family emergency, so my mom wasn't able to go with me for the whole week. Linda, who I'm sure is on the forum somewhere, was nice enough to let me stay with her all week. I had met her before, but we weren't super close, so it was a lot of fun getting to know her and her family. Gena set it all up, and because of those two and Taylor, my birthday was unforgettable.
On the 22nd of October, a bunch of us camped out at Belk, to be the first 300 to get a Wonderstruck Package. (They wouldn't actually tell us the exact number, so it could have been less than 300.) I've camped out for a few events, but this was the easiest and the least stressful. You would see like 10 of us in Walmart at 3am, and I'm sure they thought we were insane, especially when Kirsten and I played Just Dance, or when we were like buying random food. The next morning, the manager came out and talked to us and was so nice about everything, and all of the belk employees seem excited. They did a great job keeping everything organized, and when we got our packages and meet and greet information, we were all so excited.
On the 28th, we all met at Belk, and stood in line for I guess, two hours. It was a long two hours, but it was fun. The news took videos of us singing and a lot of us where right next to each other in line, so we never really got bored. Then Taylor came down the escalator, and it was time to meet her! One by one, we all got to have our 30 seconds with her. I remember this little girl was so scared to go up to her, so Taylor walked down to her and was really sweet. She told the little girl that it was alright to be scared, and asked her if they could take a picture right where they were. The little girl was so happy, and the camera guy took the picture of them, and Taylor was really sweet. Kady (9 years old) went up to Taylor soon after the little girl, and Taylor told Kady that she had the prettiest blue eyes that Taylor had ever seen. Khloe (6 years old) went after her big sister, and she had the cutest shirt on. On the front was Khloe and Taylor's security guard, and "Swifts Security Team," and on the back it said " Because Nobody's Steal toys from Taylor on the playground." It was adorable. Our friend Amber went after, and she was wearing the cute Cat shirt that Taylor has! Next Julianna (6 years old) went up to Taylor, and Julianna went dressed like a kitty because she knew that they were Taylor's favorite animals. Taylor loved it! Then it was my turn!

I went up to Taylor really excited because I had a lot of things I wanted to say. When I got to her, everything changed. Taylor gave me a hug and said "Hey You! Happy Late Birthday!" The look on my face was probably really funny, because I was more confused then I had ever been. I asked her how she knew about my birthday and she said "I just, I just know things!" and smiled. I was really excited at that point, and it was time to take the picture. I asked her if we could be "Wonderstruck" and she asked me how I wanted to do it. I showed her, and then we took our picture. We talked for a second, but then two people who worked for Taylor were getting annoyed, and they starting trying to push me along. At this point, my friend Gena had jumped up behind me so they'd let me finish, and I rambled out "Taylor could you please sing "Never Grow Up" tomorrow during your acoustic set?!" She said "absolutely, of course I will," I hugged her, and I was basically pushed off the stage at this point. I was happy though!
As I was walking off of the stage, I saw Andrea, so I basically ran to her for a hug. Gena and I talked to her for a few minutes, while we were talking to her we mentioned the show in Lexington, KY the next day. She invited us to watch the show in the soundbooth the next night, and we were REALLY excited. We talked to some of the people who worked for Taylor for a little while, and then we got in line to get our picture. I saw my friend Kathleen, who had never met Taylor before, and she looked so excited! I am so happy that she finally met Taylor!! A few pictures were skipped in the printer, so we went back into Belk to wait for Gena's. While we were in there, a lady came up to me and asked me if I was the birthday girl, and I nodded. I asked her if we were allowed to take pictures on the stage that Taylor stood on, and she said we weren't supposed to but since it was my birthday, she let Gena and I get a few!
That night, Gena and I attemped to make a poster that said "Taylor, we'll never grow up!" The next day we headed to Lexington to see Taylor. I finally met Albert, a huge fan who was dressed like a gangster! Our friend Abbeye was there for her 21st birthday, and they had really cute costumes. That night, Gena and I were in the soundbooth, and we danced like we had never danced before. It was so much fun, but we were afraid we were going to get kicked out for dancing to much. Mama Swift came over to us and told us we had to sing extra loud because Taylor wasn't feeling well. So we did. Then it was time for the acoustic set. We all got moved to around the little stage. Three of my friends, Ashley, Harris, and LeAnn were also in the soundbooth. At one point, Taylor looked at them and told them that she loved them! It was really cute. During "Last Kiss," she saw Gena and I, and said "I love you" to us too. You could tell she wasn't feeling well, but she still did amazing. After "Last Kiss," she announced that she was going to sing a song she had never sang before. I froze in my place trying not to freak out yet. She then said "This was a request. One of my favorite people who has been to a million shows asked me to play this tonight, so I'm not gonna....of course I'm going to play it for her. She told us that her parents were at the show, and explained the song. She then started playing "Never Grow Up." It was honestly the coolest thing ever, and I was so grateful. Her mom was crying her eyes out, and afterwards when I went up to her, she thanked me for asking her to play it, and cried some more. It was honestly so sweet.
The concert ended, and we found out that Abbeye had been invited to the T-Party! It seemed to be a great night for everyone! The 27th-29 were three days I will never forget. I am so glad that my friends Ashley, Harris, Alyssa, Lauren, Kady, Khloe, Johanna, Julianna, Gena, Amber, Amy, Kathleen, Alyssa, Kirsten, Jennifer, and some others got to meet Taylor as well. :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Oh Darling, Don't You Ever Grow Up! 10/28-10/29

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Wow!!! Sounds like an awesome birthday gift! What a super lucky girl you are! Happy super late birthday, sounds like the week of a lifetime! How exciting!
    XOXO,
    Ally

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I love this story. And this night. But by "attempt" you mean our poster was AMAZING! (Still sorry about the glitter we dumped in the bushes Linda! Better than on the carpet! haha) You left out my favorite part- when we turned around and Andrea & Scott were watching us laughing and you asked "ARE WE ALLOWED TO DANCE IN HERE!?" haha I think our best move was the hair flip with Taylor, Caitlin, and Liz during better than revenge. Holding onto the gate like we were on the bridge. ha

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

GenaGabrielle wrote:
    I love this story. And this night. But by "attempt" you mean our poster was AMAZING! (Still sorry about the glitter we dumped in the bushes Linda! Better than on the carpet! haha) You left out my favorite part- when we turned around and Andrea & Scott were watching us laughing and you asked "ARE WE ALLOWED TO DANCE IN HERE!?" haha I think our best move was the hair flip with Taylor, Caitlin, and Liz during better than revenge. Holding onto the gate like we were on the bridge. ha

And During "Long Live" when we were like "WE'LL TELL THEM YOUR NAME" and Scott was like "That was good." hahahaha

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

FearlessAlly wrote:
    Wow!!! Sounds like an awesome birthday gift! What a super lucky girl you are! Happy super late birthday, sounds like the week of a lifetime! How exciting!
    XOXO,
    Ally

Thanks Ally!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Great story!
    The stakes are high, the water's rough; but this love is OURS.

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

This is an amazing story by an amazing person I was so happy when i found out she sang Never Grow up for you and so happy we got to hang out 3 times in 2011 hope we will se each other again in 2012 :)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM

This is such a great story! When I heard she sang Never Grow Up I was soo excited and Im so happy for you! You have such amazing luck but you totally deserve it :)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Oh my Swift. I was at the Lexington concert too!!!!!! I think i saw you guys dancing from where i was sitting! What time did you all get to the arena?? And thank you for requesting Never Grow Up. Im completely in love with that song and i bawled my eyes out during it. Oh and i love your wonderstruck picture with Taylor
    I lovelovelove you all and i hope you know that.
    Follow me on instagram - FearlessFlawless13
    I was FEARLESS 4.29.09 and i SPOKE NOW on 10.29.12
    Fearless and Flawless aren't just words to me.

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM

What an amazing birthday week, thanks for sharing. I love hearing your experiences with Tay because they're always amazing!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Lexingtonky13 wrote:
    Oh my Swift. I was at the Lexington concert too!!!!!! I think i saw you guys dancing from where i was sitting! What time did you all get to the arena?? And thank you for requesting Never Grow Up. Im completely in love with that song and i bawled my eyes out during it. Oh and i love your wonderstruck picture with Taylor

I think we got there at like two something. And thanks! :)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Clueless wrote:
    What an amazing birthday week, thanks for sharing. I love hearing your experiences with Tay because they're always amazing!

I was thinking about how I hadn't talked to you in a while the other day. I hope everything is going well for you!!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Cayleeeee wrote:
    Lexingtonky13 wrote:

I think we got there at like two something. And thanks! :)

I got there at two too! Hopefully Taylor comes back to Lexington! Maybe i'll see you there

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Omg! I was at the Lexington concert and I think I saw you! I love the song Never Grow Up and she said it was a special request and I was wondering who requested it. Wow. That's one amazing birthday.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This night is sparkling
    Don't you let it go
    I'm wonderstruck
    blushing all the way home.
    I SPOKE NOW on 10/29/2011

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Amazing story! :)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I LOVED reading this!! :) SO many great memories!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

haha i love all your poses....... your so lucky

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Thanks Guys! :)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Love love love this story! I'm so happy for all of you!! :)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Ah, I'm honnestly happy for you! That's so amazing! I LOVE your story so much, I LOVED how Taylor remembered you, that's really cool!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ours graphic by the amazing thethirteenthfan!
    Beautiful Avatar: TaylorSwiftFan

RE: Oh Darling, Don't You Ever Grow Up! 10/28-10/29

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

thats an amazing story!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. me
    2. H.R

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.