Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

TPARTY 6.18.11! (Speak Now Tour- Pittsburgh)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Coming into Pittsburgh with my sister and my dad on a sunny Saturday afternoon, I had no idea what was going to happen that night. I wasn't that big of a fan then (of course I am now,) but my sister was a huge one! She doesn't really show her fandom on any sites because she's a quiet fan, but she made Taylor a photo album and a poster for this concert, while I made nothing :/.

We pulled into Heinz Field at around 4:30 PM, and I couldn't have been more excited. I knew what TParty was, but I thought it was so far out of reach that I didn't even bother. My sister, however, was going up to everyone who looked remotely associated with Taylor trying to get a leg up on getting in. We ran into a woman wearing a Speak Now shirt by the giant trucks with Taylor's face on it and holding equipment, so my sister approached her.
"Do you know anything about TParty?" she asked, and the woman replied no, but handed us both picks and wished us luck.

After that, we bought shirts and walked to the gate closest to the stage where about 20-30 fans were waiting. There was a security guard there, but we stayed there for about a half hour hoping Taylor or someone from The Agency would come out (no one did). Finally, we walked into the stadium and got dinner. We ran into another woman, so my sister asked her if she knew anything about TParty. She said the only advice she could give us was to go crazy, because even fans in the very back can be picked if they're wild enough. When we got to our seats, we saw a clear section in the isle about 10-20 rows down. We ran down the rows of the yellow seats and some magical twist of fate landed us right above the backstage entrance. First someone took our picture for facebook, but it didn't end up getting put on. After that, Andrea came out! I pointed her out to my sister and my sister gave her the photo album. Andrea immediately showered her with compliments, and asked us if we've met Taylor before. We both said no, and she walked away. When Need To Breathe came on, Liz came out! We told her we loved her and quickly told her to tell Andrea our section as she walked back inside, because we knew we'd be kicked out of the isle pretty soon. As soon as "Sparks Fly" came on, we were screaming at the top of our lungs (We missed American Girl because we were working out a situation with a woman whose daughter couldn't see). All of the sudden I saw a security guard talking to a girl with a blonde braid and a giant manilla envelope (who turned out to be Lauren!). My sister and I thought we were going to get kicked out of our spot, so we stayed crouched down even though we wanted to stand and cheer for Taylor. I realized that the security guard was giving Lauren directions of how to get to us. I pieced the situation together and realized that she's probably a TParty scout! I was so excited I could barely breathe, but I kept quiet about it just in case she didn't come to us. She came down the stairs and bent down to talk to us, I was shaking with excitement.

"Have you girls ever met Taylor?" she asked, likely knowing the answer from Andrea.
"No" we responded simultaneously, barely having the ability to speak!
"Well we're inviting you to hang with Taylor at TParty tonight!" she said excitedly.
Never in my life did I think I would get to hear those words. I couldn't believe it. It felt so surreal (it still does!). The next few minutes after that are really fuzzy because I was too shocked to notice what was going on all around me. Until I went to the MSG concert in November, I didn't remember "Mine" being performed at all because thats when this was all happening (and the end of Sparks Fly). The green bracelets were snapped onto our wrists, tparty 6/18 written across them in slanted handwriting. The writing isn't there anymore, but I still have the bracelet on! I will as long as it lasts. My sister and I enjoyed the rest of the concert while waiting anxiously for TParty!

After everyone cleared out of the stadium, we all met on the floor. I'm sure many of you have heard of the TParty rules before but this is what Lauren told us when we got there:
-No video in the TParty room
-Pick one item to be signed by Taylor
-Only one picture per group on one camera
-Chant Taylors name before she comes into the room (which everyone there probably would've done anyway!)
We walked into the TParty room and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I spent the whole walk of the first hallway taking pictures of the valentines day bear, the cases with Taylor's outfits, and the pictures next to them. My sister and I went to the photo booth, looked around at what an amazing job Taylor did with the room, and had the most amazing food you will ever eat (especially the pizza!) We went around and took pictures with the other groups, it still didn't feel real for anyone. Not everyone from The Agency was there, but I was lucky enough to meet Liz, Caitlin, and Grant. Scott and Andrea were both there too. Both Scott and Grant gave me picks (Scott gave me Taylor's and Grant his own) and Scott told the greatest stories about Taylor when she was younger. Caitlin, Liz, my family and I had the greatest conversation about how they outdid themselves yet again on this tour and how (I think Caitlin said this but I honestly can't remember, I was too excited for Taylor!) she can eat smelly foods like onions because her boyfriend wasn't on tour! Then we talked to Andrea and thanked her for giving us this amazing once in a lifetime opportunity. Finally, TAYLOR! I couldn't move, or breathe, or speak I was so excited! I managed to tell her that I loved her, and she made a comment to my sister about her photo album which means she looked at it, that made my sister's night even more complete! We talked about how my sister plays guitar (now so do I), and I sang, and she told us to keep playing and singing. That comment gave me the confidence to come out of my shell and actually perform. Everyone seemed so kind, down to earth, and genuinely happy to be there (especially Tay!). I still don't believe it happened. I don't think I deserved it then, which is why I write my Dear Taylor letters, but I am still unbelievably grateful for the chance to experience TParty. It's definitely an experience I will NEVER forget! I was enchanted to meet you Taylor

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: TPARTY 6.18.11! (Speak Now Tour- Pittsburgh)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

That is an amazing story. I went to this concert and even though I was working there, it was amazing. I am a huge fan and I really hope to meet her one day..... one day.. =)

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Inspired

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Aww that's so cool! I hope I get to meet her one day

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Oh my gosh! So lucky! I'm so happy for you! (:
    Love, Love, Love
    -M-

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

this is so sweet. I love how she mentioned the scrapbook! Your sister was probably dying when she said something! :) I love that you had such an amazing night! (I was in Pittsburgh too!)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM

That was such a great story! What a magical twist of fate that you ended up near the backstage entrance!

[url=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/iiheartRingo/Screens]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/iiheartRingo/Screens[/url][/signature]

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I was there!! I'm soooo jealous of you!! Lol! Jk, I'm so happy for you!!

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM

This is a beautiful story! So happy for you. :)

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Thats soo cool!
    Taylor Swift is more than an obsession... it's a way of life!!!!
    "If your lucky enough to be different, don't ever change"
    "Never forget the essence of your sparkle!"

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

thank you all!

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I love that you weren't a big fan then, but your sister was. I am so glad you got this chance. It seemed like you wanted to meet Taylor, but most of all you wanted your sister to meet Taylor. That is really sweet. Congrats!

Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Such a great story!

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Congrats! You're really lucky and this is a beautiful story.

Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Congrats!

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Congrats on meeting Tay! I was at this show! It was thee best concert I've ever been too! I wrote a long reply to this about my expirence and stuff but it erased!:p But yeah I loved your story! I hope I get the chance to meet her!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had the BEST DAY with Taylor on June 18th!

CREDIT TO: shininglikefi

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

That's so flawless! :)
    ---------------------------

Graphic by me.
    when all you wanted was to be wanted

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Thats so so so so amazing!
    Also, FYI, your story reads like an actual story lol, ever wanted to be a writer? you should consider it
    _

Signature and Avatar by Me. Request here

Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Thats awesome! Congrats!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    I was Fearless on 8.30.09!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

RE: TPARTY 6.18.11! (Speak Now Tour- Pittsburgh)

Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

thank you so much everyone! you're all amazing

RE: Re: TPARTY 6.18.11! (Speak Now Tour- Pittsburgh)

Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Nit4sz wrote:
    Thats so so so so amazing!
    Also, FYI, your story reads like an actual story lol, ever wanted to be a writer? you should consider it
    _

Signature and Avatar by Me. Request here

really? wow thank you so much for saying that!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.