Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sydney - November 2012 :)

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Hey guys, as some of you already knew, I was traveling from Melbourne to Sydney to see Taylor perform at the ARIA Awards.
Before I get to ARIAs night, I want to share a snippet from the day before.
My friend Darcy and I both had to be up super early on Wednesday 28th. We met up at Southern Cross Station in Melbourne city (about an hour or so away from where I live) to get on the bus that goes to the airport. Of course we were both wearing Taylor Swift t-shirts and so many people at the train station and airport asked us "why do you both have Taylor Swift's face on your shirt?" at which point I would say "we're flying to Sydney to see her tomorrow night" and pretty much break down and cry. Flash forward about 3 hours, and we have landed in Sydney, dumped our bags off at our hotel, and decided to go out and explore Sydney...
I had been there once before - to see Taylor in March - but I had only really remembered how to get around the Harbourside area, so we decided to go there... Now, one thing I didn't see last time that I knew we needed to, was the Hard Rock Cafe. You see, in the Sydney Hard Rock Cafe, Taylor's yellow dress that she wore to the All For The Hall charity show in LA back in 2010, is on a display. So we go in and we're walking around, and... Taylor is my favourite but music in almost every way, shape, or form is my entire life. So there is some really cool memorabilia in there and I loved taking it all in. Finally we get to where Taylor's dress is. Except, the cabinet looks like, well, this:
Taylor's dress where Macy Gray's name is printed, Macy Gray's where Taylor's should be. Actually it was quite hilarious imagining Taylor trying to pull off the green & pink velvet/faux fur dress, as it is quite hideous! :p
Anyway, we told a manager, because really all I wanted was a good photo of me with the dress in its right spot in the cabinet. I expected he would say to come back later and it would be right or something, but no... He pulls a swipe card style key out of his pocket, opens up the cabinet, and switches the mannequins, right then and there. I joked at one point: "I could just touch that right now if I wanted to..." before starting to add that I wasn't actually serious, because I didn't want to be thrown out or anything. But before I could even finish my sentence, the manager had said "go for it!" I questioned whether or not he was serious, and he said "be quick!" - allowing us to both place our hands on the fabric of the skirt part and take a photo...

Afterwards we got some photos of the dress & us with it, before leaving (although we returned later in the evening for dinner)...

Other than that, we spent our day exploring the Harbourside, went to the wax museum, got on a ferry to see the Opera House and Harbour Bridge and met up with 5 Swifties who had flown from New Zealand just to see Taylor!

ARIA Awards Day - Red Carpet
Darcy and I got up super early (I'm talking 5:30 AM early...) and got ready for our day... Her in red velvet, me in red lace. The Entertainment Centre was about a 15 minute walk from our hotel room, so we left about 6:30 AM, stopping at the convenience store near our hotel to stock up on water and food for the day, and then Starbucks, finally getting to the Entertainment Centre sometime between 7:10 and 7:20. We instantly sat against the barrier for the red carpet, where some fans had already been waiting since 4 in the morning. Initially security and venue staff were telling us that fans would only be allowed to line up on one side of the red carpet, and only along a certain length of it. There wasn't much space at all. I immediately started text messaging and tweeting my friends telling them they needed to be there ASAP if they wanted to be on the barrier. By 9:30, we were all there, and thankfully event and venue staff had made the decision to open up the other side of the red carpet to fans. While we all initially could have had space on the barrier, people became pushy and almost every time someone got up to do something like get a drink, the gap where they had been sitting or standing would shrink in size. Taylor was not kidding when she said fans were out in full force. It was insane by about lunch time, and only got worse as the day went on. I remember at some point during the day, someone told us that Taylor had released a press statement to say she would NOT be doing media on the red carpet, just walking to meet fans, I guess due to the fact that we had taken up about 99% of the carpet. Ooops? I remember at one point, Sam, Alysha, Ashleigh and I had moved away from the barrier and pretty much completely lost any chance we had of being front row when Taylor got there. Somehow I found my way back against the barrier, but gave up my spot next to Darcy for Ashleigh, as the two of them were the only ones in our little party that had never met Taylor before. At several points during the morning we were interviewed for radio, which was fun at first but quickly got old as they had us saying the same things over and over: "We love the ARIAs!" - um no, we just love Taylor! :p

At some point during the day, we were joined by a lovely little girl called Emma (click to read her experience!) and her Mum :) We sat and talked to them for a while. They were both really nice! At one point Melissa from TaySwiftAus came to see us and gave Emma a RED guitar pick, explaining how she had some from RED release week, and also some from Caitlin. I thought it was super sweet. :) After talking to them for a while, Sam, Alysha, and I had pretty much come to the realisation that Emma had to be right up the front when Taylor got there. We all stood behind her, trying to get her towards the front - eventually she got there - with my friend Bronwyn on one side, and Melbourne girls Becc & Grace on the other. By that point it was probably only about 15 minutes off when Taylor would arrive. With Alysha and Sam both feeling extremely sick from heatstroke, they backed off a little. However when I suggested moving too, I think it was Sam that pointed out that someone needed to stay with Emma and I really should. Those 15 minutes were the worst of my life. I felt like I was going to pass out. I could feel my face starting to actually burn where I had been sunburned earlier. The dehydration kicked in. My body started retaliating to the fact that I had barely eaten all day. I remember Emma's mum pushing through the crowd to go and buy me a bottle of water and then pushing back through to give it to me, and I am so thankful for that. I remember feeling too weak and fragile to push my way out of the crowd, as well as too protective of Emma to leave her alone in that crowd. People were getting violent, pushing towards the front more than ever before. We were all being squished into the barrier... And then I heard the whispers start... She's here!
I lost it. I was crying and I honestly could not tell you if it was because of the physical pain my body was in, or the unbelievable happiness that I would be graced with her presence in no time. I remember I got my first glimpse of her, but I was so in shock I had no idea what to do. She walked all the way down the other barrier... The one they had originally said wasn't open to fans. And then right near the other end, she swapped and walked along our side. I was gutted, because she had walked right past our side, taking photos and signing autographs for everyone on the other side of the red carpet. I wanted Darcy to get her photo. I wanted Ashleigh to get her photo. I wanted little Emma to get her CD signed. And Taylor was a good 10 metres away from us. The next few seconds is a blur but all I remember is someone screaming "She's coming back!!!" I had my photo from last time in one hand, and my camera in the other. I hoped that Taylor would be able to take a photo of both Emma and I with her... I was about a million percent ready to go when we started getting pushed from behind by even more people. I honestly felt like death when I looked up to see Taylor about half a metre away from where we were I made sure Emma had her CD out ready to be signed, and then held my photo out kind of above Emma, to the side of her head. Before I knew it, Taylor was right in front of us. She signed Emma's CD booklet, and then looked at my photo. She looked at it, then at my face, and then back to the photo, and back to me. Now... I look quite different to what I did in March. I have darker hair. I was wearing red lipstick. I have learned how to do wings on my eyeliner. But in that moment I was a sobbing mess, much like I was back in March. Her look was almost as if to say "oh my gosh you look so grown up but you are still exactly the same!" She smiled at me as she tried to sign the photo with me still holding it, but I was shivering and crying and she somehow got Sharpie on the BACK of the photo, that's how bad I was shaking. Upon realising that wouldn't work, she took the photo from my hands, signed it, and then very carefully gave it back, pushing my hands closed around the edges of the photo to make sure nobody could snatch it from y hands. And then, she was gone. In a split second, she had moved on to take a photos with Becc & Grace, Darcy, and Ashleigh. People started to back off in the crowd and I managed to find my way out to where Sam & Alysha were waiting. At that point I was sobbing so hard that my words were most likely an incoherent mess. I actually don't even remember what I said to the girls, I just remember clutching onto my signed photo for dear life, because I never imagined that I would have gotten to take a photo with Taylor, let alone that she would be signing it for me just eight months later. After we had all moved away, calmed down, and gotten away from the red carpet, we got or tickets ready to go inside for the ARIA Awards show.

The awards show was kind of amazing for once. Usually the ARIAs have a reputation for being a little boring, but they weren't too bad for the most part this year - except when they randomly stopped in the middle to dismiss the musicians and industry people in attendance for their dinner break. Haha. Oh well. The show opened with a performance by Hilltop Hoods, and Taylor was siting in a seat front row where she was full on dancing in her seat. She actually looked like T-Swizzle. If there is one thing I have always wanted to witness in person, it has to have been Taylor seat-dancing at an awards show. It. Was. Perfect. And hilarious. And adorable. And she is literally the most perfect person on this planet, even when she's just being a goofball. :p
Then, they presented the first award of the night: Best rock album. Taylor clapped for all of the nominees, but when they announced The Temper Trap as a nominee she raised her hands above her head and clapped so hard for them. Then, the Temper Trap won! Taylor literally JUMPED out of her seat and threw her arms in the air in excitement for them, before giving them a standing ovation. She was so excited, and it was hard not to be just as excited, being in her presence! After that, Taylor got up and left to go backstage, but not before stopping to talk to New Zealand born singer Kimbra on her way past...
Flash forward to just past dinner break, and we can see people backstage setting up what appears to be Taylor's set. It kind of looks like a graffiti/grunge style stage setting and rather awesome. At one point when dinner break was almost over, we looked up and we could see Grant! We all screamed "WE LOVE YOU GRANT!" and he looked up and waved at us! Then... we saw Amos! We screamed "WE LOVE YOU AMOS" and he, too, looked up and waved, before coming over to hold up/show off his bass the way Taylor would with her guitar at the end of You Belong With Me on the Fearless Tour. They were totally lapping up the crowd attention. Before the curtain/screen even rose for Taylor's performance, we could see her on the stage through the same gap we could see her band. I was freaking out so much! She performed I Knew You Were Trouble and it was completely INCREDIBLE. Most of Taylor's fans had somehow ended up together in section 23, so when she came on, while a few people here and there in other sections got up to sing and dance along, our entire section was up off our feet before the music had even started. Let me tell you one thing: I have never sung louder in my life, I have never cried harder in my life, and I have never had more fun in my life. I hadn't ever imagined I would be seeing Taylor more than once this year, and this was my sixth time, even if it was just for one song. It was more than worth it and I had the time of my life. When it finished, we collapsed in our seats from I think exhaustion/happiness/realising that making this trip was the greatest decision of our lives.
Afterwards Taylor came back to present the Male Artist/Vocalist award to Gotye. What they didn't show on camera was the way she danced to all of the clips of the nominees songs, and the way she hugged Gotye after he made his acceptance speech... It was perfect.

And then before we knew it, it was all over and we were sitting in a Starbucks crying at the perfection of everything that had just happened...

I know this post has been more like a novel and I'm sorry and if any of you read it, I absolutely love you for that. Thank you for making this whole post not a waste of my time. And to Taylor, thank you for making 2012 the most memorable year of my life. I love you more than anything or anyone and I owe you the world for the good times that have gone down this year. Thank you thank you thank you.

FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.
Phone call with Taylor - 16 February 2012 || Met Taylor - 12 March 2012 || Held Taylor's hand - 13 March 2012

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Sydney - November 2012 :)

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing and congratulations! :D

RE: Sydney - November 2012 :)

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Aww! I love both of your stories, It's fantstic that you met her again! :)

^ Me while listening to Taylor Swift music! I will love Taylor forever and always!

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Thank you guys!! I had such an amazing time!!
    ALSO MY FRIEND JUST SENT ME THIS THAT SHE TOOK! My arm is the one with all of the bracelets on it :)

Phone call with Taylor - 16 February 2012 || Met Taylor - 12 March 2012 || Held Taylor's hand - 13 March 2012

RE: Re: Sydney - November 2012 :)

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM

JessicaMaree13 wrote:
    Thank you guys!! I had such an amazing time!!
    ALSO MY FRIEND JUST SENT ME THIS THAT SHE TOOK! My arm is the one with all of the bracelets on it :)

aww, Taylor looks so pretty :) I would have literally DIED if Taylor was that close to me!

^ Me while listening to Taylor Swift music! I will love Taylor forever and always!

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

omg congratulations! i have a video of her on your baracade (i was on the same side as you :P) here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX4m4wcvVYI&feature=g-upl
    just skip to about 4:28, you might be in it :DD

"Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right."

http://data.whicdn.com/images/38640484/tumblr_maqhfqSubz1r7cpf4o1_500_large.gif

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

i also actually have a vid of Taylor dacing while annoucing the awards (the part that wasnt on tv :D) and ill be uploading that soon :D

I think im following you on twitter actually! do you have the same username? :P

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM

wow that sounds amazing! you are so dedicated and a true swiftie :) xxx

(Alex's Graphics)

(iwasascarletletter- daya's graphics )

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM

YAY you must have had the most amazing time!

Credit to This Night Is Flawless 13 (Topaz)
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM

dreamondreamcatcher13 wrote:
    i also actually have a vid of Taylor dacing while annoucing the awards (the part that wasnt on tv :D) and ill be uploading that soon :D

I don't see myself in your video but I may well be hiding somewhere :p
    And omg her nomination dancing and also her seat dancing during Hilltop Hoods' performance was ADORABLE! :) And yep, I have the same username on Twitter :) What's your Twitter? (:

Phone call with Taylor - 16 February 2012 || Met Taylor - 12 March 2012, 29 November 2012 || Held Taylor's hand - 13 March 2012

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM

jess_ka13 wrote:
    wow that sounds amazing! you are so dedicated and a true swiftie :) xxx

(Alex's Graphics)

(iwasascarletletter- daya's graphics )

aw thank you lovely! Nobody is more or less of a "true swiftie" though - we are all equal in this! x

Phone call with Taylor - 16 February 2012 || Met Taylor - 12 March 2012, 29 November 2012 || Held Taylor's hand - 13 March 2012

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Oh my gosh Jess!!! That's so magical!!! I'm so happy for you gorgeous :) Xx

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM

ForeverEnchanted13 wrote:

Thank you!!!!! :) x

Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM

JessicaMaree13 wrote:
    ForeverEnchanted13 wrote:

Thank you!!!!! :) x

You're so welcome :) x

Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Awww loved reading your story! It sounds like you had a magical time

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Elizabeth13 wrote:
    Awww loved reading your story! It sounds like you had a magical time

thank you! It certainly was magical :D

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Your story was so AMAZING :) That's so funny about the dress. I'm glad you told the manager. I bet a lot of people didn't even notice lol So glad you got to meet her again :)
    Thank You Daya!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:36 AM

JessicaMaree13 wrote:
    dreamondreamcatcher13 wrote:

I don't see myself in your video but I may well be hiding somewhere :p
    And omg her nomination dancing and also her seat dancing during Hilltop Hoods' performance was ADORABLE! :) And yep, I have the same username on Twitter :) What's your Twitter? (:

im DreamerBee13 :P

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I love the part about the dress, brilliant! Great story, thanks for posting. You're so lucky :)

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Oh my gosh!! I love your story so much!! It's one of the most beautiful I've ever read! I'm so happy for you Jess! :) x

STOP BULLYING

cloudnine, Av, ForeverEnchanted13

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Thanks you guys :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.