1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

TAYLOR IN NOVA'S RED ROOM!

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Hey, so have been reading all these meet and greet stories for a long time now, never ever did I think I would be writing my own!?

So, it all started when it was announced Taylor Swift was coming to Australia for a promo tour! I started seeing alot of competition's around to go see Taylor, meet Taylor etc. I was entering all of them as many times as I possibly could! One morning I woke up, my mum had missed calls on her phone (I put her number down as she's more likely to answer)....so rang them back and found out it was Nova!! Mum had asked what competitions I had entered lately because it was them....but the person who answered didn't know anything about the call, but said if it was important, they would call back. About 5 minutes later, a lady calls back saying I was a finalist, and if I was available to travel. After about 10 minutes, I got a call back saying I had won!!! Could not even believe it.....I STILL can't believe it!! I was in shock and my mum was screaming hahahaha!

So....I'll just skip to the actual event now... :P
I ended up taking a friend, as my mum has to look after my baby brother and also not sure if she would be able to fly, because of a brain condition. :(

So, I was really nervous, this was the first time I had ever been on a plane, soon enough we were in Sydney!! We even got our own driver pick us up from the airport and take us too the hotel. I wrote a letter to Taylor that night and I got the email about where it was being held and the details.

On Wednesday the 28th, November...we woke up early, walked to the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House took some photos and then made our way to the event! We got there super early about 2 hours before. We just waited outside, and met some other Swifties.

Eventually staff from Nova came out and gave us all the details, they said we were allowed to have our photo taken with Taylor & she would perform two songs. We then had to go up in the lift in groups as they were shut for Taylor, and we had to hand our phones and bags over. We then got to go into the room....which was about the size of a bedroom, collecting a Taylor Swift cupcake and a drink on the way through.

Next minute, the amazing Taylor Swift walked through with Paul & Grant. ----dead---- haha. She did a little introduction and then performed I Knew You Were Trouble and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!! She even did all the voices in WANEGBT, it sounded even better then the CD! Her voice, acoustically, live is amazing. Not before long it was over and we had to line up to get our photo's taken with Taylor. The first thing she did when I walked up to her was give me a hug!! She is seriously the most flawless human being to ever exist!!!! She then said she loved our shirts. I said thank you so much for coming to Perth & she couldn't believe we came from Perth! She said she loved Perth, loved our beautiful beaches and she would see us again next time in Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah it really was a fairy tale & dream come true.

On the way out we stopped to talk to Paul & Grant. Paul gave me two of the new RED tour guitar picks and Grant gave me a Speak Now pick! A lady then stopped me for a photo of my shirt. Paul then realised we were from Perth and couldn't believe it haha! They are SO nice! We said we will see them next time. On the way out we then got a signed picture that Taylor had signed just before the event :)

After this everyone was allowed to take another cupcake and it was then time to leave. Whilst most of the group had left, we saw Paul & Grant come out and asked for a photo, which they said yes! :) Grant & Paul then hopped in the elevator and we waited because we didn't think we would be allowed to go in the same elevator, but the people said we could. So we were all standing in the elevator....but the doors were not closing and an alarm suddenly went off. We were all wondering what it was, and then a minute later we all realised Paul was leaning on the alarm hahahahahahahaha! Was hilarious! They then had to rush off as they were off to go rehearse for the ARIA's!

Well....that's pretty much the whole story, sorry it's so long. It still hasn't even sunk in that I met them!! All feels like a dream still! Just wanted to say, if you haven't met Taylor...DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!!!! You will eventually meet her, trust me, it is worth waiting for....she is the nicest person on the planet!

lovelovelove.

Here is a few pictures:
Back & Front of Our Shirts:

Signed Photo & Guitar Picks;

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: TAYLOR IN NOVA'S RED ROOM!

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Omg you're so lucky! I wish I could see her one day! I hope that she comes to England for her Red tour. It's my dream to meet Taylor! I love her so much! :)

Re: TAYLOR IN NOVA'S RED ROOM!

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

You're so lucky! :) x

Thanks to Calizzle4 and Sm160 for making these ^ amazing graphics!

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Awwwwww, so I have already commented in the Perth Thread but I will comment on here to!!

AHHHHH I love your story sooo much! I am sooo happy that another Perth swiftie got to meet Taylor :) It must have been such an amazing experience flying for the first time and then knowing that on the other end of the flight that you are meeting Taylor :) I have said this already but Congrats on winning the competition and your picture with Taylor is sooo adorable! I really like the new Red picks :) I am soo happy for you :)

Thankyou to 1) heleh 2) playfulconversations13

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Aww wow i loved reading your story!! Love your photos :) the cupcakes look amazing xx

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM

cool!!!

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Congrats, I love your pic with Taylor!!!!
    ---

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Aw, that's such an awesome story!
    Congrats! Must have been awesome,
    I hope I meet her some day!
    Love the pictures, too, hope you had fun! :)

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM

congrats :)
    credit to supermanflyaway

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I'm so happy for you gorgeous!! I love the pictures!! :)

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I love your story! This is the coolest thing ever!

Credit to starlightbeachbum1999

Made by the wonderful Sprinkle PIe Taco Moo!

Cheese

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Thanks guys!!

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I love your story! Did they give you those shirts or made them yourself?

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Kimberly13 wrote:
    I love your story! Did they give you those shirts or made them yourself?

Thankyou! :) We made them! :)

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Congrats! U R SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLUCKY!
    I Spoke Now on August 27, 2011

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

What a great story, thanks for sharing and congratulations :)

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 5:04 AM

I know I've already told you so many times, but CONGRATULATIONS! I love it when a dedicated Swiftie wins a competition! I love your meet and greet photo and your story is so sweet! Thank you for posting! So glad you are representing Perth Swifties

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM

OMS sounds like you had an amzing time meeting Taylor....She sounds so lovely
    I can't wait until she comes back to Australia :)
    Also, I want to go to Perth... I have never been before
    I spoke now on the 4th of March 2012 :D
    "don't you see the starlight, starlight? don't you dream impossible things" :)

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM

This is so cool! Congrats on meeting her!

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Congrats on getting to meet Taylor :D

FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.
    Phone call with Taylor - 16 February 2012 || Met Taylor - 12 March 2012 || Held Taylor's hand - 13 March 2012

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

That is soooo amazing that you got to meet her!!! It's my dream
    Don't you worry your pretty little mind...cuz I really do love you :)