1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Swifty Stories

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I was reading another Swifties story and it was incrediably touching, I was thinking that it would be a good idea if we had a space where we can tell our story of how Taylor has impacted us all, whether its happy or dark, I think it would help for all of us to talk about it, so i'll start with my story
I've been a huge Taylor fan since her first album and it has helped me get through alot of things throughout my life (mostly bullying). This september my mother suffered from a stroke, and less than a week later, after the doctors all had their say, as a family we decided to take my mom off of life support. As I was saying my final goodbye, I couldnt find the right words to say, so I sat with my mom, held her hand and played "The Best Day" she passed away shortly afterwards. And as if that werent bad enough on the day of my mothers funeral, my aunt died from pancreatic cancer. This time in my life is hands down the toughest for me ever, like ever, and the only thing that has been able to help me has been Taylor's music, so much so that she helped me through the hardest and most intimate moment in my life.
Taylors lyrics and songs are so incrediably personal and yet extreamly universal, she can write a song from the deepest most intimate part of her and have it resonate with millions, and thats pretty incredable, please everyone share your stories, so we can all help each other out, I think Taylor would love for that to happen

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Swifty Stories

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Aww.. I'm sorry about your mom :(

Well I've been a swifty since her very first song! At first I wasn't crazy about her but once I heard our song I was in love! She has helped me get through grade 7. It was really hard for me because grade 7 was a new school and I didn't have a lot of my friends in my class. And there were these 'popular' girls who think they are better then everyone. In grade 7 I felt alone but I always had taylor to listen to! And if your wondering no I didn't get bullied and probably shouldn't be complaining because alot of people have it worse but it was hard because I was trying to figure out who my real friends are. I'm now in grade 9 and still absolutely love her! I'm so glad I've always had her music to listen to and relate to

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the tragedy in your family.

I came across Taylor's music a few months after Speak Now came out. I was in an on-and-off relationship with this guy for a really long time. He was so perfect and I hurt him pretty bad. I felt awful but I was way too prideful to tell him I was sorry. I felt like there was really no point in dating because I just hurt people so I never dated again. About a year later, I heard Back to December and broke down. The next chance I got the see my ex boyfriend, I told him how sorry I was and we actually ended up getting back together. He is one of the only things in my life that makes me truly happy and I'd be lost without him. Without Taylor's songs, he wouldn't be in my life and I thank Taylor from the bottom of my heart every day for it.

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your Aunt and Mom.

I thought it would be nice to post my story here as well so there's as many as possible in one place.
    I don't know where else to post this. I've never really told anyone my whole story, so I decided who better to tell than people who also love the central figure of my story; Taylor Swift. I guess I should start with the fact that I was born with several birth defects. As a result of these birth defects, I have had over 20 surgeries, various health issues, and I look different. Because of this I was always constantly bullied. I was bullied for looking different and being "Ugly" and when you hear that enough, you start to believe it. I would go days without anyone talking to me. During recess, I would be there sitting alone, because no one else wanted to be seen with me. I just felt so alone. I mean I didn't have any friends and sometimes it just got so bad. Finally I started trying to change myself to try to fit in. And then I heard Taylor for the first time. Taylor was my gateway artist. I had never been into music, and then I heard her. As I read about her story, and became obsessed with her music, she became so much more than another song on the radio, more than my favorite artist, even more than my hero and inspiration, she became for me what I needed most; a friend. The first time I heard "The Outside" and "A Place in This World" and I just broke down crying. That is when I KNEW I wasn't alone. And that is when I decided that to be happy, I just needed to be myself. And I was much happier. The song and video that really impacted me was"You Belong With Me" because it showed me that I didn't have to change myself for love, and that being a book nerd, and a dork. It got a lot better, and I found some friends that liked me for me. And then just when it was getting better, it all came crashing down when I was told that my Great Uncle, who was more like a Grandpa to me, and was always there for me when I needed him, was given 6 months to live. It was only 2 months later that he passed away. I had never lost anyone so close to me before, and it really tore me apart. I had never felt so alone, and I have a tendency to bottle up my emotions. Taylor was the only person who seemed to constantly be there for me. Listening to her music was the only thing that got me through that dark time. She was there for me when no body else was. Her music was the only thing that could put a smile on my face. Her music made me happy again. Through every bad day, and self-couscous moment, Taylor is there for me. She gets me through every day with a smile. I honestly don't know where I'd be, or who I'd be without Taylor. That's why it's my biggest dream to meet her one day. Because I want to be able to thank her for everything, to thank her for being a friend to me when I needed one the most. I just hope that one day I'll be able to look her in the eyes and just say "Thank You" I will never be able to repay her for everything she has done for me. Just like she is for me, I'll always be here to support her. I also want to thank all of you, my fellow Swifties too. You'll never knlw how much it means to have all of you. To finally have friends that understand me, and love me for me. We're a family, and I'll always love Y'all. If you read this whole story thank you. And if you ever feel alone like I did, You always have me to talk to. Love Love Love
    "Being Fearless isn’t being 100% unafraid, it’s being terrified but you jump anyway"
    People Haven't Always Been There For Me, But Taylor Swift always has

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Ok, I was once in the ER and I didn't know if I was going to live or die, but then the most magical thing happened, my absolute favorite Taylor Swift song came on, "You Belong With Me" played and I knew I would live. She has saved me so many times...it's got me wonderstruck..lol.
    Michael B. Nguyen

"...please tell them my name/ tell them how the crowds went wild/ tell them how I hope they shine..." - Taylor Swift

RE: Swifty Stories

Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I´m so sorry about your aunt and mom.....I don´t have any friends in my new school because I do not speak english very well and everytime I hear Taylor I forget about all that!
    Swiftie