1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

My Story

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I don't know where else to post this. I've never really told anyone my whole story, so I decided who better to tell than people who also love the central figure of my story; Taylor Swift. I guess I should start with the fact that I was born with several birth defects. As a result of these birth defects, I have had over 20 surgeries, various health issues, and I look different. Because of this I was always constantly bullied. I was bullied for looking different and being "Ugly" and when you hear that enough, you start to believe it. I would go days without anyone talking to me. During recess, I would be there sitting alone, because no one else wanted to be seen with me. I just felt so alone. I mean I didn't have any friends and sometimes it just got so bad. Finally I started trying to change myself to try to fit in. And then I heard Taylor for the first time. Taylor was my gateway artist. I had never been into music, and then I heard her. As I read about her story, and became obsessed with her music, she became so much more than another song on the radio, more than my favorite artist, even more than my hero and inspiration, she became for me what I needed most; a friend. The first time I heard "The Outside" and "A Place in This World" and I just broke down crying. That is when I KNEW I wasn't alone. And that is when I decided that to be happy, I just needed to be myself. And I was much happier. The song and video that really impacted me was"You Belong With Me" because it showed me that I didn't have to change myself for love, and that being a book nerd, and a dork. It got a lot better, and I found some friends that liked me for me. And then just when it was getting better, it all came crashing down when I was told that my Great Uncle, who was more like a Grandpa to me, and was always there for me when I needed him, was given 6 months to live. It was only 2 months later that he passed away. I had never lost anyone so close to me before, and it really tore me apart. I had never felt so alone, and I have a tendency to bottle up my emotions. Taylor was the only person who seemed to constantly be there for me. Listening to her music was the only thing that got me through that dark time. She was there for me when no body else was. Her music was the only thing that could put a smile on my face. Her music made me happy again. Through every bad day, and self-couscous moment, Taylor is there for me. She gets me through every day with a smile. I honestly don't know where I'd be, or who I'd be without Taylor. That's why it's my biggest dream to meet her one day. Because I want to be able to thank her for everything, to thank her for being a friend to me when I needed one the most. I just hope that one day I'll be able to look her in the eyes and just say "Thank You" I will never be able to repay her for everything she has done for me. Just like she is for me, I'll always be here to support her. I also want to thank all of you, my fellow Swifties too. You'll never knlw how much it means to have all of you. To finally have friends that understand me, and love me for me. We're a family, and I'll always love Y'all. If you read this whole story thank you. And if you ever feel alone like I did, You always have me to talk to. Love Love Love
"Being Fearless isn’t being 100% unafraid, it’s being terrified but you jump anyway"
People Haven't Always Been There For Me, But Taylor Swift always has

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: My Story

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I read that whole thing! It's amazing, how Taylor can help so many people even though we've never met her. I hope one day you can get the chance to meet her! I'm always open to talk, too:)

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Your story really touched my heart!! When I first came to the US, I didn't have any friends but listening to Taylor helped me a lot.. and now I have lots of friends!! Your story is so amazing!! Go Swifties!
    'Fearless' is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM

The only way I can help you meet Taylor, (yes, I've already decided to) is by suggesting that you write her and enter the many contest that are out there, try going to concerts, be different as you are, which is beautiful, and most importantly pray. Also, be the change you wish to see in this world. I think Gandhi said that, I was once a kid who bullied others, and I've been bullied, and I know there's pain all around. I hope you have forgiven those bullies for not knowing, for not understanding, and for them to one day change. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Michael B. Nguyen

"...please tell them my name/ tell them how the crowds went wild/ tell them how I hope they shine..." - Taylor Swift

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

OMG.
    I am so proud of you!
    Most people just like their favorite singer because they sing good, but you like Taylor because she changed your life (of course that's only ONE of the reasons!)
    And since you are a book worm (it's all right, i'm one too)
    Have you read the book Firegirl by Tony Abbott?
    You should, you can relate to it, and it's a really good book other wise!
    I hope Taylor will always be there for you.
    Avatar by Annie (PlaidShirtDays)

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

your story is amazing, you are so strong! you are a beautiful person, dont ley anyone tell you different! forget those bullies ,thay have missed out on a chance with becoming a friend with you who has such a good heart :-) you can add me on your list of friends :D SWIFITES STICK UP FOR EACH OTHER, and we accept each other for our diffences and thats real love

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM

That was sooo touching! :') Thank you so much for sharing this with us! You're a beautiful person I'm sure, inside & out. If you EVER need to talk, message me!!

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    I was Fearless on 8.30.09!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Wow thank you all so much! All of your lovely responses put such a huge smile on my face :) Thanks for all of the advice, and the book referral I really appreciate all of you :) Much Love
    "Being Fearless isn’t being 100% unafraid, it’s being terrified but you jump anyway"

Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

You story is really amazing!I read this all

Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Thank you so much! It means a lot that Y'all are even taking your time to read my story! I love Y'all! :)

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Your story is amazing. I to, lost my great uncle. He died of cancer last June. And I've been bullied for my appearance, just like you. Just remember to stay strong and keep your head held high, because you're beautiful, we love you, and Taylor loves you. And hopefully someday we both will be able to meet Taylor. But you deserve to meet her more than I do! And if you ever need to talk, about ANYTHING, I'm here. :)
    ~ Dedicated Lovatic and Swiftie

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

That's an incredible story. The artists out there are always looking for a way to repay the fans, yet we should be repaying them. I lost my great uncle to cancer as well, October 2010. My aunt and uncle got divorced before I was born, or so I think. It was always my great uncle who was there. And just remember, your Swifites are here for you! It'd be so incredible for you to meet Tay this tour and thank her. I think she'd like that. And just remember, you are important. Don't feel like you aren't. Cause I know this for a fact: you're important to Taylor.

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I hope you get to meet her! You deserve to!
    xoxo catherine

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Awww thank you all so much!! Your support and sweet words mean more to me than you'll ever know :) Even if I don't get to meet her, I got tickets to see her in Chicago!!!! I'm still crying lol And my sis and I have our plans for our costumes to try for TParty! It's gonna be great! :) Even my Dad is excited cause he wants to hear WANEGBT lol

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Amazing
    IF YOU WANT A REPLY OR ARE GIVING A REPLY BACK TO ME PLEASE MESSAGE ME SO I CAN SEE IT AND RESPOND IF NEEDED
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I got to Speak Now on August 14, 2011
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Your story is so amazing and inspiring! I wish everyone in this world who loves Taylor or whose life Taylor has an impact like yours and many more....
    I wish they get a chance to meet Taylor! Cuz they deserve it! An they are the ones who will stand by her and others no matter what the conditions might be!
    In memory of the SPEAK NOW ERA!

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

You deserve to meet her!!! That is such a touching story!!!

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM

You really deserve to meet Taylor!! If I was given the choice between me and you to meet Taylor I would choose you! You totally deserve it so much more than I do :) hope you get to meet her someday :)
    both/avi by me!

Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 4:56 AM

that's amazing!!!!.....my biggest dream is to meet Taylor too....as i can like..totally relate to all songs...and just a suggestion..whenever i feel small or like,totally nothing,i just listen to MEAN and im a LOT much finer..u could try that too..

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

amazing story, dont lose hope and you'll eventually meet her, I really hope you do!

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I started a thread called Swifty Stories, I thought it would be a good thing for everyone to have a place where they can share their stories and how Taylor's music has helped them, your story was very inspiring!